The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kazrog True Iron - Transformer Saturation Plugin Saturation Plugins
Old 4 weeks ago
  #751
Gear Addict
 

No level jump with Logic X/AU, MacOS 10.13.6... for me anyway.

Just bought today, it's great!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #752
Lives for gear
 
Kazrog's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Given many of us aren’t experiencing the level jump have you narrowed it down to certain formats and DAWs ??
Not going to comment further until I feel confident that all cases have been narrowed down. Should have it resolved fairly soon though.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #753
Gear Nut
I finally bought it today after waiting for zero latency option since last summer.
I really hope it gets implemented soon, can't use it live otherwise.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #754
Lives for gear
Level jumps here : AU, Mojave 10.14.3, Live 10.1 most recent beta, 24/96 sessions.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #755
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nil hartman View Post
Level jumps here : AU, Mojave 10.14.3, Live 10.1 most recent beta, 24/96 sessions.
Interesting.
As reported, no AU/Logic issues here but I've only used TI 1.2.1 in 24/44.1 sessions.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #756
Is it because of im at 32/96 i wonder
Old 4 weeks ago
  #757
Lives for gear
 

I have Level jump
Mac OS 10.11.6 VST,VST3 Cubase 10
32/96 session
Old 4 weeks ago
  #758
Lives for gear
 

One question to Kazrog:
Why doesn't True Iron VST3 support 64-bit double-precision audio processing?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #759
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk303 View Post
I finally bought it today after waiting for zero latency option since last summer.
I really hope it gets implemented soon, can't use it live otherwise.
I ditto that. Would love to have zero latency for the same reason.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #760
Lives for gear
 
Kazrog's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshalev View Post
One question to Kazrog:
Why doesn't True Iron VST3 support 64-bit double-precision audio processing?
64 bit double precision processing isn't very widely supported yet, and to support it would require a lot of testing to ensure seamless compatibility. Rest assured, it's one of those things I'd like to support in the future, just need to allocate time to test it.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #761
Lives for gear
 
Kazrog's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk303 View Post
I finally bought it today after waiting for zero latency option since last summer.
I really hope it gets implemented soon, can't use it live otherwise.
It is planned, sorry for the wait. As it is today, though, the latency is so low that I'd be surprised if it had any noticeable impact in a live setting. Of course, on certain setups I do realize that latency gets rounded up to the nearest power of 2, and if that's your situation I totally understand.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #762
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog View Post
64 bit double precision processing isn't very widely supported yet.
Cubase,Studio One,Reaper,Samplitude support 64 bit double precision processing
Old 4 weeks ago
  #763
Lives for gear
 
Kazrog's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshalev View Post
Cubase,Studio One,Reaper,Samplitude support 64 bit double precision processing
I'm aware! There are a lot of other hosts out there, and also people don't always run the latest versions of their hosts. Obviously, we like progress and more=better, but this is literally the first time anyone has requested this. It's one of those things that's on my radar and will happen, just a question of budgeting time for it.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #764
Gear Addict
 
smackmastering's Avatar
Giving the Demo a spin. I know I'm late to the party, but True Iron is pretty impressive!

Any plans for adding future transformers, maybe a Lundahl 1538?

Great plug and im sure i will be adding this to my plug-in collection in the coming days.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #765
Lives for gear
 
StoneyBCN's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackmastering View Post
Giving the Demo a spin. I know I'm late to the party, but True Iron is pretty impressive!

Any plans for adding future transformers, maybe a Lundahl 1538?

Great plug and im sure i will be adding this to my plug-in collection in the coming days.
Being a Trident junkie, I was thinking the same for a while. But then, Lundahl's line is "if you can hear it, it ain't ours" - implying they proudly deliver highly neutral transformers. Of course, it's a business line and nothing in the real world is perfectly linear, so I remain curious...

Heck of a plugin though, right? My new favorite application is on DI'd guitars. Very sweetening!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #766
Gear Addict
 
smackmastering's Avatar
Yeah, I fully agree. They tend to not be as colorful as others but still some color and saturation going on there.



Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyBCN View Post
Being a Trident junkie, I was thinking the same for a while. But then, Lundahl's line is "if you can hear it, it ain't ours" - implying they proudly deliver highly neutral I transformers. Of course, it's a business line and nothing in the real world is perfectly linear, so I remain curious...

Heck of a plugin though, right? My new favorite application is on DI'd guitars. Very sweetening!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #767
Gear Addict
 

Level and large Cpu jump Reaper Win7 vst2
Old 4 weeks ago
  #768
Lives for gear
 
Kazrog's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod Slaughter View Post
Level and large Cpu jump Reaper Win7 vst2
Just a heads-up to expect a critical bug fix update within the next 24 hours or so. Got this one fixed as well as a really nasty corner case extreme audio spike with live-triggered virtual instruments going into multiple True Iron instances in series with wet/dry in Logic Pro X. Really sorry about the issues here - definitely the worst bug that's made it into a Kazrog release in almost a decade - although thankfully it hasn't affected most users at all.

Thanks everyone who helped me isolate these bugs. I'll post again once the 1.2.2 update goes live, and registered owners will be notified via email as well.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #769
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog View Post
Just a heads-up to expect a critical bug fix update within the next 24 hours or so. Got this one fixed as well as a really nasty corner case extreme audio spike with live-triggered virtual instruments going into multiple True Iron instances in series with wet/dry in Logic Pro X. Really sorry about the issues here - definitely the worst bug that's made it into a Kazrog release in almost a decade - although thankfully it hasn't affected most users at all.

Thanks everyone who helped me isolate these bugs. I'll post again once the 1.2.2 update goes live, and registered owners will be notified via email as well.
Yay!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #770
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog View Post
Just a heads-up to expect a critical bug fix update within the next 24 hours or so. Got this one fixed as well as a really nasty corner case extreme audio spike with live-triggered virtual instruments going into multiple True Iron instances in series with wet/dry in Logic Pro X. Really sorry about the issues here - definitely the worst bug that's made it into a Kazrog release in almost a decade - although thankfully it hasn't affected most users at all.

Thanks everyone who helped me isolate these bugs. I'll post again once the 1.2.2 update goes live, and registered owners will be notified via email as well.
Great, can you say now what the variables were that created the DNA level jump??
Old 4 weeks ago
  #771
Lives for gear
 
Kazrog's Avatar
 

True Iron 1.2.2 - critical bug fix update - is being sent out to registered owners right now. The free demo will be updated shortly as well.

Changes in True Iron 1.2.2:
  • Fixed extreme level spike with wet/dry mix in Logic Pro X and Cubase 10 when using multiple instances of True Iron in series during live virtual instrument playback.
  • Fixed level inconsistencies in DNA mode affecting sample rates at or above 88.2 kHz
  • CPU efficiency and stability improvements
  • Updated SDKs and frameworks

Thanks again, and sorry for the issues in 1.2.0 and 1.2.1. Feeling much better now.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #772
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
Ah ha, the old 88.2 kHz or higher sample rate issue. Which explains why I didn’t have the issue.
Thanks Shane.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #773
Works like a charm now!!! WOOHOO!!!
Who knew working at 96k would have been the reason for all this lol
Old 4 weeks ago
  #774
Here for the gear
 
Alboreo's Avatar
 

AU Crashing validation tool in Logic 10.4.4

OSX 10.13.6 latest



auvaltool(423,0x7fff89802380) malloc: *** error for object 0x4: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug


validation result: crashed validation
Old 4 weeks ago
  #775
Lives for gear
 
Kazrog's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alboreo View Post
AU Crashing validation tool in Logic 10.4.4
The initial installer upload of True Iron 1.2.2 for Mac created a condition where the AU would fail validation in Logic Pro X. An updated installer has been posted - just download again.

​Very sorry for any inconvenience!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #776
Here for the gear
 
Alboreo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog View Post
The initial installer upload of True Iron 1.2.2 for Mac created a condition where the AU would fail validation in Logic Pro X. An updated installer has been posted - just download again.

​Very sorry for any inconvenience!
OK.
İt works now.
Thank You for very fast correction.
You really did a great job with this plugin..

Old 4 weeks ago
  #777
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
Yep validates now in Logic
Old 4 weeks ago
  #778
Lives for gear
 

Had the bad Logic installer. Hopefully my download count will go back up after the LPX installer fix. Thanks for a great plug!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #779
Lives for gear
 
Kazrog's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeka View Post
Had the bad Logic installer. Hopefully my download count will go back up after the LPX installer fix. Thanks for a great plug!
Download counts get reset with each update. No worries!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #780
Gear Maniac
 

I haven't experienced the spike deal but it seems like it is something similar to what use to happen with Acustica plugins.

I bring this up because here you have a developer who has great sound, pricing, fast updating and with a great attitude. Looks like the bug was fixed fast and the customers even got an apology.

Acustica took at least a year to fix it and they gave a duck about communication. Before and after the fix. And that's with prices that are not compatible with the market at all. Not cool. Hopefully they'll change their attitude with the good examples out there.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump