The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Brainworx and SSL Team up for Plugins Dynamics Plugins
Old 13th July 2018
Plugin Alliance / Brainworx

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
The pricing model is anything BUT clear. This rollout could/should have been better thought out.

As to the last paragraph - considering how mucked up the pricing & explanation of such has heretofore been explained what's to say PA wouldn't make one go the more expensive route?
You need to relax.
We’ll make it work. For those who understand and for those who don’t.
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Heavy hitters who bought E & G in the past 3 months but not at full list price. There must be a bunch of us. Maybe a $25 upgrade fee per console would be fair?

Last edited by screentan; 13th July 2018 at 01:31 AM..
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wald View Post
Belittles other's intelligence.
Does not know how to spell elementary.

LOL

Corrected the typo, thanks for poeunting it out!
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
The pricing model is anything BUT clear. This rollout could/should have been better thought out.

As to the last paragraph - considering how mucked up the pricing & explanation of such has heretofore been explained what's to say PA wouldn't make one go the more expensive route?
Honestly man, just log in and click on the green parts of the upgrade to see which one is cheaper. Cuz mine said on the SSL G that the upgrade was 149 but when i click on the console G tab it says 50, just choose the lower priced one and bam.
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
[incessant complaining]
This guy
Old 13th July 2018
Wow, there is more discussion on the price than the sound of the plug ins.

With my previous comments I forgot to turn the THD screw. Now were talking! This adds that extra punch that the UAD version has. It's still a smoother sound over the UAd and a litle wider while the UAD is a more narrow stream. I am liking these plug in even more now.
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Bucci View Post
Wow, there is more discussion on the price than the sound of the plug ins.

With my previous comments I forgot to turn the THD screw. Now were talking! This adds that extra punch that the UAD version has. It's still a smoother sound over the UAd and a litle wider while the UAD is a more narrow stream. I am liking these plug in even more now.
Yeah the THD is lovely. Especially with the new THD all, set individual channels up and then you can quickly dial all of them up or back without loosing settings on individual channels, very smart.

Last edited by Eklo; 13th July 2018 at 03:36 AM..
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainrox View Post
What do you want to know that´s not on the website please?
Dirk.
When I logged in to my account, it said that I could upgrade from bx_console N to bx_console SSL 4000 E for $99.

I did not see anything about this on the website, so I asked if it was only for E or if G was available.

I double checked my account multiple times to confirm that bx_console N was showing an upgrade path to bx_console SSL 4000 E (and it was).

Support just sent me links to the product pages.

---

Now I've logged back in to my account and there's no longer an upgrade showing for bx_console N. It appears to have been an error on the backend that perhaps the support team was not aware of?

So this does not appear to be an error of the information on the website as I originally thought, but instead an error on the account page.

EDIT: I've added a screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Brainworx and SSL Team up for Plugins-screen-shot-2018-07-12-22.43.58.jpg  

Last edited by Robert Randolph; 13th July 2018 at 03:45 AM..
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Addict

this whole thing feels like a mess .... bad marketing.
why are prices not reflected on the store? - their database behind the store has all info. why are emails not sent out at once? - one does not need to sign and stamp them manually afaik

bad CRM
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Randolph View Post
When I logged in to my account, it said that I could upgrade from bx_console N to bx_console SSL 4000 E for $99.

I did not see anything about this on the website, so I asked if it was only for E or if G was available.

I double checked my account multiple times to confirm that bx_console N was showing an upgrade path to bx_console SSL 4000 E (and it was).

Support just sent me links to the product pages.

---

Now I've logged back in to my account and there's no longer an upgrade showing for bx_console N. It appears to have been an error on the backend that perhaps the support team was not aware of?

So this does not appear to be an error of the information on the website as I originally thought, but instead an error on the account page.

EDIT: I've added a screenshot
Per an earlier post in the thread you should be able to purchase the SSL version for $149.

Quote:
You own bx_console N!
If you own bx_console N we will offer you the SSL E and/or G plugins for $149 (each).
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Bought both upgrades and townhouse. Amazing plugins, in every word. Have been using BX_console E as my main plugin since it was released. This new version puts it even quite a few levels up. This channel strip is now my faar favorite plugin, EQ and compressor simply sound as good as I could have imagined. You can really boost and it never gets too much, like I remember with SSL 4k.

Townhouse is also really special. While I love UAD's version of SSL which made my HW version start collecting dust, this townhouse version is sounding slightly different. It has more clarity with less compression artefacts than the real SSL. Sometimes I will need the slightly mushy SSL still, but all in all Townhouse will become a workhorse bus comp without a shadow of a doubt.

These two channel strips together with Softube Weiss are for me the best regular plugins ever released (by regular I mean that they are not digital wizardry like Gulfoss or Izotope RX and Neutron, which are all amazing and tools that could not be replicated in an analog form).

I also have to give props to Kazrog for his True Iron, which is also beyond amazing.
Old 13th July 2018
“If you need a voucher to get your new SSL consoles at your price (see Pricing list above) we will send you these vouchers in dedicated emails before your trials run out.
No need to hit up our support, we've got you covered.“

From the product page(s). Why not wait for that mail before complaining? If THEN something should go wrong, hit support.

This thread is about to become Slate-like, where it's about everything regarding the company BUT the product mentioned. Absurdly some of the most notorious complaining about upgrade policy originally said they liked the old consoles better.
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Maniac

I really don't want (and didn't) to start or to continue this flame here but... How many (us here) users here are native speakers? English language speakers?

Me for starters - not! I understand and understood all what PA wanted to say and achieve.

Regarding special prices is all clear.

Now, regarding vouchers is a bit different situation. As I understood, voucher programme (before) was calculated in one way. Many were receiving big amounts for a long time. Vouchers could be sold to another person. In a last year (or so, can't tell for sure) PA amnounced different scheme. For a certain amount spent you get monthly vouchers for a year time period. Vouchers are personalized. Can't be sold on...

I am sorry for some users who were revoked of their privileges.

If I was developer I would NEVER allow voucher that is a gift for being faithful user to be sold but a hefty amount to be spent on some other stuff.

Well, uhhhh, I really don't know why I reacted at all and thought to delete this but I am posting this and I will not participate in this thread unless there is something good regarding good or bad stuff concening plugin behaviour, sound and sh*** like that.

Sorry if I offended anyone. Not being my intention! I am not Eng native in spoken or written language so sorry for grammar and sorry for typos since I'm on a mobile phone.

Bye all!

Be good and true to music and all in that realm!

Krešo
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuintaQuad View Post
Per an earlier post in the thread you should be able to purchase the SSL version for $149.
All on their website
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Addict

Please start a new thread for the people who can’t read or understand kindergarden level math and let us that does discuss how the plugins sounds in this one. Or the other way around. This is redic.
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Addict

For crying out loud: All you "this is not fair" and "this price is not right" crybabies give it a f*#cking break, will ya? It is so annoying !

If you guys really have to whine all day long about some hundred bucks than you clearly have the wrong hobby. Go and collect stamps instead!

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

The Bx_Townhouse Buss Compressor

PS. Even though I always use analog hardware on my final mix buss... This feeeeels good... and will get used for many other busses/tracks
Old 13th July 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues Bird View Post
For crying out loud: All you "this is not fair" and "this price is not right" crybabies give it a f*#cking break, will ya? It is so annoying !

If you guys really have to whine all day long about some hundred bucks than you clearly have the wrong hobby. Go and collect stamps instead!

via Imgflip Meme Generator
I am going to steal this! Thanks, this is amazing!!!
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Maniac

To be honest that upgrade price is good relatively speaking to UA. You can use your coupon and it will get even cheaper. The point is did you like the updated version of the SSL? if so, I don't think money will become the issue other than your happiness. If not, you still can use the older version.

So, some examples put out full mix that we can listen with this baby? from the likes of Multitracks - TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik so we can compare this plugin with others with full blown music than just a snippet of a drum.
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainrox View Post
I am going to steal this! Thanks, this is amazing!!!
Dirk, you are welcome!

PS: Oh, and please don't forget about the metering.
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywsef View Post
Console E is one of my favorite plugins ever. As much as I would like this to be a free update, I doubt it. This feels like SSL has threatened yet another great product/company (the first being Overtone DSP). In any case, I'm very eager to know what the update cost is as an owner of consoles E and G.
I'm thinking this might be the only reason we're seeing this plugin... I'm really on the fence about buying it for the $50 upgrade fee they've offered.

But part of me still can't shake the feeling that Brainworx collaborating with SSL is another way of saying "We were forced to pay for the name"

I hope not...
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeWhyz View Post
I'm thinking this might be the only reason we're seeing this plugin... I'm really on the fence about buying it for the $50 upgrade fee they've offered.

But part of me still can't shake the feeling that Brainworx collaborating with SSL is another way of saying "We were forced to pay for the name"

I hope not...
Try the demo, the name on the front is the least of the changes, well worth the upgrade...
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleen View Post
I'm disappointed that this release is utilizing FB so heavily for teasers, etc. I don't have, nor will I sign up for, a FB account but I'd like to be informed as things are revealed.
Co-signed. Another Facebook HATER here. I mean, I have an account. But, nothing is worth signing into that wasteland, better known as Facebook.
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Everything I hate about humanity summed up beautifully in this thread.
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Addict

Purchased and extremely happy!

I honestly think this is the best SSL 4K model on the market. A long time Waves SSL user, in fact i thought the Waves SSL E was still a bit better then the bx_console e. The changes made by Brainworx and SSL on this plug has changed my opinion.

The new updates just sound right to me. Turning the knobs react the same way as the desk. Most importantly, dynamics section of the plug reacts just like the desk.

Can we go back to focusing on the sound of this plug and not complaining on the update price.......

Even at $249, its a lot cheaper and more portable then one of these:
Solid State Logic SL4080 E/G+ 80-channel Recording Console | Reverb

Trust me, the sound is right there if all you're doing is mixing.....
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

What’s the crossgrade from from bx console ssl e to ssl g? I didn’t see that listed anywhere.
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackmastering View Post
Can we go back to focusing on the sound of this plug and not complaining on the update price.......

Even at $249, its a lot cheaper and more portable then one of these:
Solid State Logic SL4080 E/G+ 80-channel Recording Console | Reverb

Trust me, the sound is right there if all you're doing is mixing.....
Haha, you made my day!
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

The townhouse compressor is really something else. I was kind of bored with all the SSL bus compressor on the market.

But man, the GUI is funny. I know the hardware is like that, but the tiny knobs on the screen is just silly.
Old 13th July 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowak View Post
Everything I hate about humanity summed up beautifully in this thread.
No murders yet though, so there is hope.

That said: emails and vouchers are sending right now...

I will not be able to offer 1:1 support here. If there are still questions after receiving our mails, pls hit up our sales support.

Dirk.
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuintaQuad View Post
Right...

And it was only allowing me to purchase bx_console SSL 4000 E (as you can see in the screenshot)... and the price was listed as $99... and it wasn't a voucher.

It was rather confusing.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search