The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer X Touch One
Old 1st July 2018
Lives for gear

Behringer X Touch One

Anyone here know when this puppy will get released? Cannot wait to toss my Faderport in the trash (read: sell on ebay)!

Behringer X-TOUCH ONE Universal Control Surface XTOUCHONE B&H
Old 1st July 2018
Gear Maniac

This one looks very interesting. Could replace my Faderport too. Looking for some feedback on how it works with reaper.
Old 1st July 2018
Gear Addict

Can anybody comment on the status of the other X-touch models? I see them pop up on ebay, but not on Thomann.
Old 1st July 2018
Gear Addict

Seems like an xtouch mini with some additional meterings and stuff. So might work like a mini.
Old 1st July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloco_go View Post
Can anybody comment on the status of the other X-touch models? I see them pop up on ebay, but not on Thomann.
I may swing by the store and check out the build quality on the 8 channel version but honestly the quality can't be any worse than the Faderport's buttons and pan knob. It's absolutely horrible to use anything on the faderport other than the actual fader itself.
Old 1st July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloco_go View Post
Thomann no longer sell Behringer.
Old 1st July 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy2039 View Post
I may swing by the store and check out the build quality on the 8 channel version but honestly the quality can't be any worse than the Faderport's buttons and pan knob. It's absolutely horrible to use anything on the faderport other than the actual fader itself.
I have old Behringer BCF2000 and it is quite solid. No touch faders though.
But really I was wondering if other products from X-touch series are in production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
Thomann no longer sell Behringer.
Ah, I see, thanks.
Old 1st July 2018
Gear Addict

Im still using the cc121 which i like. But probably it will break at some point or Steinberg will not support it anymore (not unheard of...) then this will be a very cool alternative!
Old 1st July 2018
Lives for gear

I read somewhere that it arrives mid July at one of the online stores, but that's a brick of salt you need to go with that.

Looks interesting. Sweetwater lists it at $150, and 159 Euros in Music Store Germany. No word on availability in either store yet.

Could be neat as a separate desktop fader. I do wonder how fast it'll be compared to Procontrol/S6/Icon(ethernet gear), the Faderport stuff and the classic MCU.

So far, the Procontrol with its optical faders was the fastest for me. Might try this out when it's in the local mega gear store.

Last edited by Airon; 1st July 2018 at 10:14 PM..
Old 4th July 2018
Lives for gear

This will probably be the 1st Behringer product I've ever purchased. Seems to be the perfect size for the limited space on my desk. Price seems reasonable for what it is.
Old 14th July 2018
Gear Addict

A new FaderPort has been announced it seems.

FaderPort | PreSonus
Old 17th July 2018
Here for the gear

I called sweetwater and they told me they are expecting these to be released around October 1st.

I found a quick start manual and features sheet. Looks like it will be a good replacement for the faderport classic.

https://media.music-group.com/media/...ONE_QSG_WW.pdf
https://media.music-group.com/media/...20Document.pdf
https://media.musictri.be/media/PLM/...CAP_Top_XL.png
Old 17th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by m37a View Post
I called sweetwater and they told me they are expecting these to be released around October 1st.
Already in stock in a few places in Europe so not sure why it would be that long.
Old 17th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Already in stock in a few places in Europe so not sure why it would be that long.
Yeah I read somewhere else that it was supposed to be end of July.
Old 17th July 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Cool, Hopefully they are just being overly conservative with their estimate.
Old 22nd July 2018
Here for the gear

My x touch one just arrived yesterday from inta audio in the UK. So far I really like it, everything is predictably very similar to the larger x touch and it's compact enough. Only negative is the MCU protocol is clearly not designed for a single fader controller as you still bank in groups of 8 channels and it's not clear in your daw which channel the fader is currently assigned to (you have to check the scribble strip).
Old 22nd July 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhermit View Post

FaderPort | PreSonus
The Scribble Strip on the X-Touch ONE will be a huge advantage. Also the scroll wheel. A USB hub. $50 cheaper! Etc.
Old 23rd July 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhermit View Post

FaderPort | PreSonus
Might be good for Studio One users because of the integration but outside of that, I would say the X-Touch One definitely has the better feature set. I mean unless Presonus is gonna sell these things for like 75 bucks I think they're out of their depth vs. the new Behringer box. Jog wheel, scribble strip, clock at the top, dedicated MSR buttons, and the programmable user buttons make it a much more attractive package.
Old 8th August 2018
RiF
Lives for gear

Does anybody know which functions are supported for Pro Tools?
Old 8th August 2018
If you go to the product page on any of the websites selling it (I think I saw it on either Sweetwater or B+H), you can zoom in on the pic of the overlays that come with it and see most of the commands for PT. Not sure if they'll be customizable but the first time I saw them I remember being pretty satisfied that they had covered all the major bases IIRC.
Old 8th August 2018
RiF
Lives for gear

Actually I did that but could not read the writings on the overlays because all images (including those at Behringers own site) were too blurry.
Old 10th August 2018
Ah well IIRC it was something of this nature (may not be exact but these are what I remember):

Above the transport buttons there was RTZ and Go To End, and the Loop functions

Above that there was Mix Window, Edit Window, Pre-Roll, Post Roll, Quick Punch and Undo

Above that was Transport Window, and like, Select and MSR.

Something of that nature anyway. Hopefully there's a way to customize because while most of those are pretty useful, I don't really use say, Pre-Roll for example and it might be nice to have some other **** there. But definitely a very solid base of common functions.
Old 11th August 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanholiday View Post
My x touch one just arrived yesterday from inta audio in the UK. So far I really like it, everything is predictably very similar to the larger x touch and it's compact enough. Only negative is the MCU protocol is clearly not designed for a single fader controller as you still bank in groups of 8 channels and it's not clear in your daw which channel the fader is currently assigned to (you have to check the scribble strip).
So, are you saying you cant highlight the track/channel with a mouse and then start working on it with the x-touch one?
Old 12th August 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyboy View Post
So, are you saying you cant highlight the track/channel with a mouse and then start working on it with the x-touch one?
Yes that’s correct. I have to bank up and down with the x touch to select the track I want to control. Unless I’m just being an idiot and haven’t figured it out yet.
Old 12th August 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanholiday View Post
Yes that’s correct. I have to bank up and down with the x touch to select the track I want to control. Unless I’m just being an idiot and haven’t figured it out yet.

So do you mean you have to be in the right bank of 8 faders to be able to select with your mouse the channel which then in turn is put forth by the x touch one (situation described here; Why am I having to switch banks every 8 tracks while using the FaderPort Classic with my DAW? – Knowledge Base | PreSonus ) or is this per channel basis, so basically no correspondence betwen mouse select and x touch one (as far as you have figured?)..
Old 13th August 2018
Lives for gear

Following!
Old 13th August 2018
RiF
Lives for gear

I remember from the times when I had my Faderport that I could press something like Ctrl+Alt in Pro Tools when selecting a track to let the Faderport control that track.
I can‘t remember though if I had to be in the right bank, but my guess is „no“.

Having to go on a long quest for the right track by hunting through banks and tracks on the control surface would make me just grab the mouse and skip the controller completely.

Actually, the constant going back and forth between screen, keyboard, mouse and controller made me sell the controller.

Just a single motorfader (nothing else) that simply and always followed the current track selection would help my workflow and mental health.

Last edited by RiF; 17th August 2018 at 09:09 PM..
Old 13th August 2018
This looks interesting to me, too. After it is released (or perhaps, escapes) I hope to see some thoughts from anyone using it with Cubase. This could be quite a handy thing.
Old 14th August 2018
Lives for gear

Just ordered it, can't wait to see how it works! I use Reaper, hope this thing follows mouse selection on tracks..
Old 16th August 2018
Gear Head

I was hoping to pick up an X-Touch One or the new Faderport to use with Cubase.

But...My sweetwater rep informed me that neither of these devices will automatically follow the channel that you click on with your mouse when using Mackie control in Cubase. You have to manually bank over to find the track you want to work on with the device. If this is the case that's a nonstarter for me.

Is this really accurate? Can anyone who has used these devices weigh in?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search