The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer X Touch One
Old 19th August 2018
  #61
Lives for gear
 
loopy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggaluggs View Post
I like it. ANd I'm keeping it. Build quality is very solid. Amazing, really, for 150 bucks. Track selection is ****, for sure. In Sonar (I know..) it will only select the first track in the group of 8. So if you want to select track 19 out of 19 total tracks, you better add 7 dummy tracks 20-26 after it. However, all the other functions, (record F1..F6) will operate on the track selected in the DAW. And, for me, the transport controls are worth it.

Also, tight jog wheel...if you grab the wheel and see-saw it a bit, it lifts up and turns mush easier.
I'm still debating on whether to keep it or trade for the new forth coming Presonus Faderport. I already have the original Faderport and it has served me well but I had the hard style buttons.

Great tip on loosening up the jog wheel. It worked for me. I felt the wheel kind of click and then it turned much easier. I think the robot that is installing them is pushing the wheel down too hard.
Old 19th August 2018
  #62
Lives for gear
 
loopy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
It’s probably worth getting the Presonus Faderport even though it costs more because at least you know you’re paying for something that works.

Anyway what ever happen to the Frontier Alphatrack? That was even better than the Faderport. And They ever came out with an updated version.
I was thinking of trading for the new Faderport but Presonus hardware quality has never been high on my list. Like you say though, it will probably work correctly.

Alphatrack was an amazing device. Not sure why they disappeared?
Old 20th August 2018
  #63
RiF
Lives for gear
 
RiF's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
It’s probably worth getting the Presonus Faderport even though it costs more because at least you know you’re paying for something that works.
My Faderport (Classic) with Pro Tools did not follow track selection either.
Old 20th August 2018
  #64
Gear Head
 
topaz's Avatar
Ok spoke to Behringer tech in uk, software guys are totally aware of the issue.

Upto 30 days to return, will give them 2 weeks to release a firmware fix if nothing it's going back.
Old 20th August 2018
  #65
Lives for gear
 
Mushy Mushy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz View Post
Ok spoke to Behringer tech in uk, software guys are totally aware of the issue.

Upto 30 days to return, will give them 2 weeks to release a firmware fix if nothing it's going back.
The issue isn’t firmware.
Old 20th August 2018
  #66
Gear Head
 
topaz's Avatar
The bank button doesn’t move in increments of 8, it selects 1 to 8 no problem using the channel left right buttons.

The issue that needs a firmware fix is to make the bank select work and to fix an issue with the x-touch not following selected channels in the daw.

If they cannot fix this they have released
A flawed product and that is highly unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
The issue isn’t firmware.
Old 20th August 2018
  #67
Lives for gear
 
Mushy Mushy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz View Post
The bank button doesn’t move in increments of 8, it selects 1 to 8 no problem using the channel left right buttons.

The issue that needs a firmware fix is to make the bank select work and to fix an issue with the x-touch not following selected channels in the daw.

If they cannot fix this they have released
A flawed product and that is highly unlikely.
As I said the issue isn’t firmware but the MCU software controlling it. So unless they release their own MCU equivalent it won’t be fixed.
Old 20th August 2018
  #68
Gear Head
 
topaz's Avatar
Not true, they only need to fix the bank button that is not working.

One that is fixed all will be ok because right now 1 thru 8 is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
As I said the issue isn’t firmware but the MCU software controlling it. So unless they release their own MCU equivalent it won’t be fixed.
Old 20th August 2018
  #69
Lives for gear
 
Mushy Mushy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz View Post
Not true, they only need to fix the bank button that is not working.

One that is fixed all will be ok because right now 1 thru 8 is fine.
Ok if you say so.
Old 20th August 2018
  #70
Lives for gear
 
loopy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiF View Post
My Faderport (Classic) with Pro Tools did not follow track selection either.
I might be wrong but I believe Protools uses HUI protocol which has different limitations compared to MCU.
Old 20th August 2018
  #71
Lives for gear
 
Shaggy2039's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz View Post
The bank button doesn’t move in increments of 8, it selects 1 to 8 no problem using the channel left right buttons.

The issue that needs a firmware fix is to make the bank select work and to fix an issue with the x-touch not following selected channels in the daw.

If they cannot fix this they have released
A flawed product and that is highly unlikely.
Does the X-touch follow what track you're selecting in the DAW correctly? My understanding was that it didn't. I will be using this in Cubase and Logic and if it doesn't automatically follow the selected track then it's useless.
Old 20th August 2018
  #72
RiF
Lives for gear
 
RiF's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy View Post
I might be wrong but I believe Protools uses HUI protocol which has different limitations compared to MCU.
Correct, PT uses HUI. I did not notice that we're talking MCU here mostly.
Old 20th August 2018
  #73
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz View Post
The bank button doesn’t move in increments of 8, it selects 1 to 8 no problem using the channel left right buttons.

The issue that needs a firmware fix is to make the bank select work and to fix an issue with the x-touch not following selected channels in the daw.
The bank buttons work completely fine in cubase, the x-Touch not following the selection has nothing to do with the bank buttons.
Old 20th August 2018
  #74
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy2039 View Post
Does the X-touch follow what track you're selecting in the DAW correctly? My understanding was that it didn't. I will be using this in Cubase and Logic and if it doesn't automatically follow the selected track then it's useless.

No it doesn't. And it doesn't matter if you have more or less than 8 Channels.
Old 20th August 2018
  #75
Gear Head
 
topaz's Avatar
Are you saying you have an X-touch one and the bank button is banking in banks of 8 ?

Because if so support and everyone else that owns one has a different experience.

From tech support.

"Regarding your inquiry: X-touch one.
Unfortunately this was raised to us the other day and has since been forwarded on to the innovations and development team to investigate further. I can only apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused"

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkfreak View Post
The bank buttons work completely fine in cubase, the x-Touch not following the selection has nothing to do with the bank buttons.

Last edited by topaz; 20th August 2018 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 20th August 2018
  #76
Lives for gear
 
Shaggy2039's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz View Post
Are you saying you have an X-touch one and the bank button is banking in banks of 8 ?

Because if so support and everyone else that owns one has a different experience.

From tech support.

"Regarding your inquiry: X-touch one.
Unfortunately this was raised to us the other day and has since been forwarded on to the innovations and development team to investigate further. I can only apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused"

No. We're saying that the X-touch doesn't follow the selected track in your DAW so it's useless regardless if the banking doesn't work properly.
Old 20th August 2018
  #77
Gear Head
 
topaz's Avatar
That is one of the issues. they need to fix this and the banking issue ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy2039 View Post
No. We're saying that the X-touch doesn't follow the selected track in your DAW so it's useless regardless if the banking doesn't work properly.
Old 20th August 2018
  #78
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz View Post
Are you saying you have an X-touch one and the bank button is banking in banks of 8 ?

Because if so support and everyone else that owns one has a different experience.

From tech support.

"Regarding your inquiry: X-touch one.
Unfortunately this was raised to us the other day and has since been forwarded on to the innovations and development team to investigate further. I can only apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused"


YES, when the right mode is enabled (Cubase in my case) the bank buttons bank in bank of eights, likewise the channel buttons. When I am on channel 8 and press the next channel button the next eight are grouped....

The only thing that does not work, and what is most important for me: the channels doesn't follow.
Old 20th August 2018
  #79
Gear Head
 
topaz's Avatar
With ie: 9 channels that is not working here. the bank button simply does not work to get to 9.

If I use the cursor buttons below sure I can navigate to 9 but as soon as I move the fade Cubase channel jumps back to 1.

I did kind of get it going with even numbered channels but as soon as an odd number appeared in cubase mixer it would not work.

in fact the banking did work but skipped channels. a complete mess.



Quote:
Originally Posted by folkfreak View Post
YES, when the right mode is enabled (Cubase in my case) the bank buttons bank in bank of eights, likewise the channel buttons. When I am on channel 8 and press the next channel button the next eight are grouped....

The only thing that does not work, and what is most important for me: the channels doesn't follow.
Old 20th August 2018
  #80
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz View Post
With ie: 9 channels that is not working here. the bank button simply does not work to get to 9.

If I use the cursor buttons below sure I can navigate to 9 but as soon as I move the fade Cubase channel jumps back to 1.

I did kind of get it going with even numbered channels but as soon as an odd number appeared in cubase mixer it would not work.

in fact the banking did work but skipped channels. a complete mess.
I had over 20 tracks when I tried it.

With 9 track he obviously can't group the next 8 tracks. in this case it jumps from 1-8 to 2-9
Old 20th August 2018
  #81
Gear Head
 
topaz's Avatar
indeed, that isn't working here. bank button does nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkfreak View Post
I had over 20 tracks when I tried it.

With 9 track he obviously can't group the next 8 tracks. in this case it jumps from 1-8 to 2-9
Old 20th August 2018
  #82
Gear Addict
I have not followed all of your posts, Are you using Cubase ? Have chosen the Cubase template in the X-Touch and the mackie-protocol in Cubase ?
Old 20th August 2018
  #83
Gear Head
 
topaz's Avatar
Yes, and I Have tried both cubase and compatible modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkfreak View Post
I have not followed all of your posts, Are you using Cubase ? Have chosen the Cubase template in the X-Touch and the mackie-protocol in Cubase ?
Old 20th August 2018
  #84
Gear Addict
They just came back to me, and the following sentence makes me sending it back:

" Unfortunately I cannot give an exact time frame for how long this investigation will take and when it will be rectified."
Old 20th August 2018
  #85
Lives for gear
 
loopy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkfreak View Post
They just came back to me, and the following sentence makes me sending it back:

" Unfortunately I cannot give an exact time frame for how long this investigation will take and when it will be rectified."
That is not good news at all. I was hoping they were going to say something like "early units had a lower level of firmware and a fix is available and should be ready for download shortly".

Mine's going back as well unless I hear something positive from Behringer real soon.
Old 20th August 2018
  #86
Lives for gear
 
Shaggy2039's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkfreak View Post
They just came back to me, and the following sentence makes me sending it back:

" Unfortunately I cannot give an exact time frame for how long this investigation will take and when it will be rectified."
Ah Behringer. You had an easy chance with this one and you completely F'd it up again. NO way I'm getting this now.
Old 20th August 2018
  #87
Gear Head
 
Zinc2005's Avatar
 

Unfortunately the new Faderport is not much better. You have to bank to the channel you want to select. if you are on 1-8 then you can click on any channel in that range and the faderport will focus on that track... but if you click on channel 9... it will not focus. You would have to first bank over to 9-16 and then click channel 9 for it to work properly.

Pretty disappointing.

For those who are using the original faderport with Cubase: Does it work as it should or is it the same annoying situation? I know they claim native Cubase support.. but who knows.
Old 20th August 2018
  #88
Lives for gear
 
loopy's Avatar
 

So one workaround that I stumbled on is if you use the CH <> button to increment / decrement the active channel, monitor the OLED to see what channel you are currently on by name ie:Vocal, Piano, Drums Left etc and then when you get to the channel you are interested in working on, hit the CH Select button on the top row of the Touch One, the DAW will jump to that channel and highlight it as the active channel.

So basically it's using the OLED to figure out what channel you are on.

A kludge for sure and I hope this wasn't the design parameter for this unit.

I only tried this in Studio One.
Old 20th August 2018
  #89
Lives for gear
 
loopy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinc2005 View Post
Unfortunately the new Faderport is not much better. You have to bank to the channel you want to select. if you are on 1-8 then you can click on any channel in that range and the faderport will focus on that track... but if you click on channel 9... it will not focus. You would have to first bank over to 9-16 and then click channel 9 for it to work properly.

Pretty disappointing.

For those who are using the original faderport with Cubase: Does it work as it should or is it the same annoying situation? I know they claim native Cubase support.. but who knows.
Thanks for asking that question because the new Faderport is next on my list.
With all this aggravation I'm about to rearrange my desk for more room and pull my Mackie MCU Pro out of mothballs and start using it again.
At least it works the way one would expect. I'm only downsizing for space concerns but when it comes to headaches vs space, I think I can make some extra space
Old 20th August 2018
  #90
Lives for gear
 
Finnish's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy View Post
So one workaround that I stumbled on is if you use the CH <> button to increment / decrement the active channel, monitor the OLED to see what channel you are currently on by name ie:Vocal, Piano, Drums Left etc and then when you get to the channel you are interested in working on, hit the CH Select button on the top row of the Touch One, the DAW will jump to that channel and highlight it as the active channel.

So basically it's using the OLED to figure out what channel you are on.

A kludge for sure and I hope this wasn't the design parameter for this unit.

I only tried this in Studio One.
Works in Reaper too
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump