The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer X Touch One
Old 20th May 2020
Does anyone know a source for better overlays?

I’d like better overlays for both Pro Tools and Logic. The included ones are not very good... ugly gray and weak font that’s hard to read.

I see that someone makes a nice Cubase overlay for the larger X-touch that matches the look of the unit much better.

Thanks...
Old 9th June 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

My Behringer X Touch one was working perfectly w/Logic Pro X, but now on 10.5 (most recent version of Logic) the banking no longer functions and it won't follow track selection past the first 8 channels.

In previous versions of Logic, it was following track selection perfectly...even w/out having to change banks at all.

Now, It only works for the first 8 channels ~ and the unit says "select bank" on the scribble strip when I click on tracks 9 and above in Logic ~ but the bank button on X Touch isn't communicating w/Logic.

Anybody else? Ideas?

Thanks!
Old 9th June 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

Sometimes the control surface support hangs. Try removing com.apple.logic.pro.cs and restart Logic.
Old 10th June 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMickey View Post
Sometimes the control surface support hangs. Try removing com.apple.logic.pro.cs and restart Logic.
Could it be called something else now? I looked (under finder/go/go to folder ~ entered "/Library/Preferences" and hit "go") and did't see anything saying LOGIC but saw a lot of other files that started with com.apple

I checked here and also that file name in a spotlight search. Nada.

Catalina 10.15.5
Logic Pro X 10.5
X Touch One (updated firmware about 6 weeks ago and was working fine)

*bank switching not working
*only follows track selection on first bank of 8 channels.
Old 11th June 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Other issues ~ the X Touch One only works on the first 10 channels in Logic at all.

Banking switches from 1 thru 8 and 3 thru 10.

You can't select channels above #10 on the X Touch either by clicking on the channel in Logic OR trying to use the buttons to scroll thru channels on the X Touch.

Last edited by turk sanchez; 11th June 2020 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 11th June 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

...just deleted and re-setup the midi in Logic and it's better now.

The one thing that used to work better was I didn't have to use the banking at all...I could click on any channel in Logic and it would follow track selection perfection w/no banking needed. No I have to switch banks but at least everything is working.
Old 13th June 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

The whole control surface support seems to be pretty neglected by the Logic developers, I’m afraid it’s going to deteriorate slowly.

That said, I just upgraded to the big X-Touch and am very happy for the additional commands thanks to the modifier buttons.
Old 24th June 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Navigation between Ableton Live 10, Push 2, and the X-Touch One...

Hi all. I've been reading the thread with great interest. Thank you all for the helpful information.

I have a couple of questions, which were touched on very early on, but not more recently.

By the way, I'm very new to Ableton Live 10, so you'll have to forgive me if I ask obvious questions.

I'm about to grab an X-Touch One and a Push 2 (I think this combination will be make for a powerful interface). And, I'd like to use them together on Ableton 10 on Windows 10. I understand they work pretty well together generally. But, I'm wondering whether they are cohesive when it comes to navigating around a project.

Is it possible to mouse-click on a channel in the software, and have both the Push 2, and the X-Touch One, jump to that channel (and bank) automatically?

Similarly, if you are working on a channel on the Push2, and you change to another one using it's physical buttons, does that update both the software and the X-Touch one to the same channel?

And, if you're moving from one channel to the next using the physical buttons on the X-Touch One, does that automatically update both the windows software, and the Push2?

So, I'm just looking for some additional pointers on how these three interact together. I'm sure this stuff would become apparent when the machines arrive, but I wanted to pick some brains before I hit the "buy" button.

I'm hoping it isn't too much to ask that the X-touch One, Push 2, and Live 10 work cohesively now, when it comes to navigation around a project.
Old 10th September 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVTX42 View Post
Hi all. I've been reading the thread with great interest. Thank you all for the helpful information.

I have a couple of questions, which were touched on very early on, but not more recently.

By the way, I'm very new to Ableton Live 10, so you'll have to forgive me if I ask obvious questions.

I'm about to grab an X-Touch One and a Push 2 (I think this combination will be make for a powerful interface). And, I'd like to use them together on Ableton 10 on Windows 10. I understand they work pretty well together generally. But, I'm wondering whether they are cohesive when it comes to navigating around a project.

Is it possible to mouse-click on a channel in the software, and have both the Push 2, and the X-Touch One, jump to that channel (and bank) automatically?

Similarly, if you are working on a channel on the Push2, and you change to another one using it's physical buttons, does that update both the software and the X-Touch one to the same channel?

And, if you're moving from one channel to the next using the physical buttons on the X-Touch One, does that automatically update both the windows software, and the Push2?

So, I'm just looking for some additional pointers on how these three interact together. I'm sure this stuff would become apparent when the machines arrive, but I wanted to pick some brains before I hit the "buy" button.

I'm hoping it isn't too much to ask that the X-touch One, Push 2, and Live 10 work cohesively now, when it comes to navigation around a project.
I can't really answer about the Push as I don't own one, but I use both the X touch One and the X touch Mini in Ableton and they work together very well.

As long as one channel is selected in Ableton, wether it's with the mouse or with the X touch one, all your controllers should sync up to it. I don't see why it would be different with the Push 2 which was conceived for Ableton.

The important thing though, is that you use the script made by Mokafari for Ableton 10. It'll allow you to get rid of the bank systems and to directly select a channel with the mouse while mirroring it with the X touch One.
📝 Reply