The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer X Touch One
Old 4th July 2019
Here for the gear

1.07 firmware update is worse

What's with the 1.07 firmware update making the channel select buttons go mental in Reaper? It made the select track with mouse click option available sure, but like most single fader controller users I tend to keep one hand on the controller while I jog the wheel and generally mash buttons like a loon
...not being able to select tracks to volume adjust with the fader using the channel select buttons is just lunacy.

I ended up going back to the 1.04 firmware because it works with Reaper much better. Why no love for the gazillions of Reaper users out there in DAWville, Behringer? Aside from that the X-Touch One kicks arse

I know Reaper isn't one of the DAWs included in the 1.07 firmware though so I guess that's the reason. Still, I found mouse clicking to select tracks wasn't really a big deal for me considering there's a bank button anyway. Mash that sucker and you're 50-odd tracks into the project in a few seconds anyway...not that I usually have that many tracks on the boil though.

Anyone one else had issues with the the latest update?
Old 4th July 2019
Gear Maniac
With Cubase it is useless like a brick as well, either firmware version....
Old 4th July 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkfreak View Post
With Cubase it is useless like a brick as well, either firmware version....
I wouldn't say it's 'useless'...I use mine like a fiend and it's sped up my workflow a great deal. Is Cubase one of the supported DAWs though or is it like Reaper and not included?

I need to figure out how to make the function buttons do things though...I guess I'd need to select them in CC editing or something. I haven't really looked into it tbh. But yeah, aside from the 1.7 firmware update being a bit of a stinker I'm very happy with mine

The absence of an on/off switch seems odd though so I just brought a 12 volt inline switch (like the ones you plug the power bricks for an LED light strip into) for about 5 bucks online. No more unplugging it like a twat every time I want to turn the thing off now. Huzaar!
Old 12th July 2019
Brand new X-Touch One user. Does 1.07 work with Pro Tools?

I know it says it does; and I have the PT overlay. I'm getting transport control, calling up edit windows, loop, etc.... but not getting any fader control or channel chasing and mute/solo not talking to selected channel.

Help, anyone?

Thanks,
Rob
Old 14th July 2019
Got it working with Pro Tools 12.

A few minor quibbles, but fully functioning in PT. Haven't tried it in Logic yet; but I imagine that will be fine.

I dig it... very useful. Feels good, fader is quiet (not silent, but quiet), and the various overlays for different DAWs is nice touch. I wish it had a power switch.
Old 18th July 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robshrock View Post
I wish it had a power switch.
I guess not having a switch means they can reduce production costs a bit and make the units more affordable, but I hear you, it's a bit of a pain having to unplug the thing every time you want to kill the power.

I bought a 12V/24V inline rocker switch adapter/connector from Ebay for about three bucks. You may need to get a knife and and trim the plastic sleeve around the pole that inserts into the X-Touch to make sure it gets a solid connection...the pole on the switch I brought was a a bit too short.

Viola! It now has a switch

Here's a pic if you aren't sure what I mean and a link to point you in the right direction.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...519101504.html
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer X Touch One-inline-rocker-switch-dc-power-adapter-connector.jpg  
Old 18th July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2872 View Post
I guess not having a switch means they can reduce production costs a bit and make the units more affordable, but I hear you, it's a bit of a pain having to unplug the thing every time you want to kill the power.

I bought a 12V/24V inline rocker switch adapter/connector from Ebay for about three bucks. You may need to get a knife and and trim the plastic sleeve around the pole that inserts into the X-Touch to make sure it gets a solid connection...the pole on the switch I brought was a a bit too short.

Viola! It now has a switch

Here's a pic if you aren't sure what I mean and a link to point you in the right direction.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...519101504.html
Thanks for the info!
Old 23rd August 2019
Gear Nut

Bought one for cubase and am wondering how it is gonna be with the many issues going on.
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Addict

No love for Reaper for firmware 1.07 yet? Really hope Behringer (and/or Cockos) gets on it....

Last edited by themixtape; 7th September 2019 at 04:37 AM..
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Addict

Apparently firmware 1.07 works great with Reaper... when you select a track with the mouse, it reflects on the X-Touch One... just in case anyone is wondering. I should note I am using the Mackie Control "Klinke" (which enhances functionality compared to the regular Mackie Control Universal protocol).

If this is possible (Behringer please chime in, here)... can you guys please release a virtual MIDI input for it, the same way that X-Touch and X-Touch Compact have? This way, users of Reaper can use the X-Touch in Mackie Control mode, but also have the ability to quickly switch to MIDI Mode, without having conflicts. Example: for the big X-Touch, "X-Touch" input/output is enabled ONLY in Control Surfaces, and "MIDI IN2 (X-Touch)" is enabled in the regular MIDI Devices section.

X-Touch One NEEDS this... especially since it offers MIDI, and CC modes, AND Mackie User Mode. And the ability to easily switch between them. Sadly, you can't have one or the other enabled, because the X-Touch One only has the driver "X-Touch One".

Can you guys please update the firmware to reflect a virtual midi input like the other X-Touches? It helps, so much! Thanks!

Last edited by themixtape; 23rd September 2019 at 05:49 PM..
Old 22nd October 2019
Here for the gear

Got the X-Touch One recently and have to express my love for it. I'm using Logic Pro. Next to the transport buttons, I'm using the ZOOM buttons and toggling cycle the most.

I've always problems with my fibers and wrist and therefore need to switch input devices regularly. Every mouse click that I can substitute with pressing a real button is good for me.
Old 22nd October 2019
I’m using it successfully with both Pro Tools 12 and Logic X. I love it. I use it mainly for basic transport functions and writing fader automation... nothing too complicated.

I mainly use ReVoice Pro for tuning, which happens in a separate app; so being able to leave RVP as the active app and have the X-Touch One control the playback in Pro Tools/Logic is a massive productivity time-saver.

The only minor thing that is less than ideal is that choosing a track in Pro Tools does not automatically switch the channel and bank on the X-Touch... I do have to scroll banks to make the fader match the active track in Pro Tools (or Logic). I wish that was a one-step operation where the X-Touch would always chase the bank as well as channel of the selected track.
Old 22nd October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
The only minor thing that is less than ideal is that choosing a track in Pro Tools does not automatically switch the channel and bank on the X-Touch... I do have to scroll banks to make the fader match the active track in Pro Tools (or Logic). I wish that was a one-step operation where the X-Touch would always chase the bank as well as channel of the selected track.
I thought this very problem was fixed in firmware 1.0.7? Do you have the latest one installed?
Old 22nd October 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMickey View Post
I thought this very problem was fixed in firmware 1.0.7? Do you have the latest one installed?

Not sure... the X-Touch One is with my mobile rig out in Las Vegas, and I'm in Macon today. But I will check that when I get back there on Thursday.

That would be extremely cool if that issue has been addressed. That's really the only inconvenience I'm experiencing in day-to-day use. Like I said, I'm not trying to push the functionality to any extreme, so it's serving me very well.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Rob
Old 22nd October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
not for pro tools. still same behaviour. and if you try and scroll past the last of the 8, the rename track dialogue comes up. Honestly I wish I didn't bother with it, I miss being able to put my plate of food there instead hahaha
Old 30th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamproof View Post
Hey guys,

Just to let you know we are working on firmware so that now the X-Touch One follows the track select when you click/select a channel in your DAW. It's under testing at the moment but so far it's looking good so shouldn't be too long before release. I will be doing a video for our Facebook and Youtube soon and will link it up in here showing the added functionality.

Patrick Karvs

Broadcaster
Behringer,
Music Tribe.
Has this problem been solved, then?
Old 30th October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamproof View Post
Hey guys,

Just to let you know we are working on firmware so that now the X-Touch One follows the track select when you click/select a channel in your DAW. It's under testing at the moment but so far it's looking good so shouldn't be too long before release. I will be doing a video for our Facebook and Youtube soon and will link it up in here showing the added functionality.

Patrick Karvs

Broadcaster
Behringer,
Music Tribe.
Has this problem been solved, then?
Would love to know this as well. It looks like if you are on bank one, you can select with your mouse channels 1-8 and they will jump, but what happens when you select channel 9, or 20, or 50? Do you have to bank all the way to 50 on the x-touch before you can control that channel? Would love to know both for Cubase and Logic Pro.
Old 31st October 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
At least for cubase that was NOT fixed. So much to the honesty of the Behringer guy who insisted that it was fixed and so prevented that I sent this useless brick back when I still could.
Old 31st October 2019
Quote:
Not sure... the X-Touch One is with my mobile rig out in Las Vegas, and I'm in Macon today. But I will check that when I get back there on Thursday.

That would be extremely cool if that issue has been addressed. That's really the only inconvenience I'm experiencing in day-to-day use. Like I said, I'm not trying to push the functionality to any extreme, so it's serving me very well.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Rob
Yeah, I’m firmware 1.07, but the bank does not chase in Pro Tools. If you select a track in PT, you have to scroll banks on the XT-1 until you get to that bank; then the fader snaps to value.

For me, not a huge deal as it’s gotten second nature... but I would love that to be improved. Other than that, I really like it and my expectations are aligned with the price point.

Last edited by robshrock; 31st October 2019 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: Clean up errors
Old 3rd November 2019
Here for the gear

Any of you use an extender with the x-touch one ? Does that essentially give you a “x-touch” ?
Old 4th November 2019
Here for the gear

Thank you...that darn jog/shuttle button was driving me crazy! I never thought to lift it up some. It's not even a keyed knob, it's a round plastic hole that fits down over the knob shaft. Just twist it back and forth and raise it up. It actually came right off into my hand but it's set right now. Spins like a top LOL
Old 7th November 2019
Here for the gear

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardAlvinRice View Post
Thank you...that darn jog/shuttle button was driving me crazy! I never thought to lift it up some. It's not even a keyed knob, it's a round plastic hole that fits down over the knob shaft. Just twist it back and forth and raise it up. It actually came right off into my hand but it's set right now. Spins like a top LOL
WOW! Just did that here as well. Smooth as butter now. BEHRINGER really should put that on their support site or –even better – add it to the manual. It makes so much of a difference.

Last edited by DrMickey; 7th November 2019 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: typos
Old 4 weeks ago
I have a Mackie MCU pro that I almost always use the wheel and zoom function, almost never use the faders. I am considering selling the MCU to get this instead, it would clear up some space on the desk and would be a portable option for me. Has any of you had both and can compare the feel of the Touch One (especially the wheel)? Am I crazy to want to switch? Where is the universe going? Any advice would help Using with Logic X.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I had a regular MCU, I didn't like the feel of the jog wheel too much. The Behringer feels better and has the cool light. If you've ONLY used the zoom/jog wheel, yes... sell that MCU Pro! I like the X-Touch One a lot.... it has custom button modes too, which the regular MCU does not... it has Midi Note and Midi CC. Cool stuff. Very well-designed.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
I had a regular MCU, I didn't like the feel of the jog wheel too much. The Behringer feels better and has the cool light. If you've ONLY used the zoom/jog wheel, yes... sell that MCU Pro! I like the X-Touch One a lot.... it has custom button modes too, which the regular MCU does not... it has Midi Note and Midi CC. Cool stuff. Very well-designed.
Thanks, I think I'll go for it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Is there any way to solve this bloody Pro Tools banking issue? Would be SO MUCH BETTER if banking chased the track selection on the X-touch One as it does in Logic for instance.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokafari View Post
Hey guys, good news for Ableton Live users. I have managed to get the X-Touch one to select a track beyond the bank when using the mouse or keyboard. All that was needed was a small modification to the Mackie MIDI remote script. Only 3 lines of code

The Channel button on the X-Touch one still needs banking though.

How to use

1. Backup and Delete ChannelStripController.pyc in MIDI Remote Scripts/MackieControl

2. Replace with ChannelStripController.py from the zip

3. Start Ableton and enjoy!

Hi, any idea where to find that file on windows 10 and FL studio 20 ? I am having the same issue with the x touch one and the banks
thanks
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search