The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer X Touch One
Old 25th April 2019
Gear Head
Anyone know if there is a way to write automation with anything else besides volume and channel mute?

Would be great if there was a way to make the fader control whatever plugin parameter I've chosen in the automation lane.

Using LPX and the XT1 setup to Lo.

Thanks
Old 27th April 2019
Gear Head

ProTools

Hello All are you able to pan the right channel of a stereo track with the xtouch one? also can you jump though markers or assign them?
Old 27th April 2019
Gear Head

X-touch

ok I've played with this controller for a few hours and came to the conclusion that its not that good with ProTools, if I could pan the right side of a stereo track, drop markers as well as navigate them I would keep it. this controller kicks butt in Logic though but Logic isn't my primary daw. I also brought the new Faderport its not perfect but does more in ProTools than the X-Touch. Its a shame though because to me it looks better than the Faderport and feels better too. I could even deal with not having an on off switch lol
Old 9th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consig View Post
Anyone know if there is a way to write automation with anything else besides volume and channel mute?

Would be great if there was a way to make the fader control whatever plugin parameter I've chosen in the automation lane.

Using LPX and the XT1 setup to Lo.

Thanks
I second this

anyone?

I've scanned manuals and quite a few threads looking for this specific info but I dont find a clear answer. Someone using Ableton talked about using flip to switch to the fader whatever was on the encoder but I dont get entirely what they mean, how it would work. How do you choose what is on the fader.

will buy one straight away if it works as I imagine.

thanks!

simon
Old 9th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by esiom View Post
Hi, Ableton user here but I would bet it is possible with Logic too.

Yes you can edit plug-ins parameters, either thru a link behavior (clicking with the mouse the plug-in parameter to tweak), or by scrolling thru the parameters with the selection arrows. You can assign that thru the Mc User mode, same with sends etc..

In the end I bought an X touch mini for this purpose as it's way handier to have access to 8 sends or 8 parameters plug ins at once, but this X Touch one feature is still super useful as you can also assign a fader flip button to automate any parameter or send with the motorized fader.

The big bummer though is still this lack of connection between the track selected with the fader and the track selected in the DAW. Hope they will fix this soon, I think it's a huge down for such an otherwise great unit.
hi

can anyone confirm how this works in Logic? (Ive never used a mackie control so I dont know if this maybe standard in this protocol)

Is there a "link behaviour" that he describes in Ableton? Can you click with the mouse on any parameter / send etc, and it assigns to the endless encoder for controlling... and then use flip option to switch it to the fader if you prefer?

and will the automation you write then move the motorised fader on playback?

I'm really struggling to confirm this as I cannot find the right info even on Behringers own site, nor a manual for this thing anywhere. (Does it even come with one?)

I see that the regular X-touch as access to all the plug ins and sends etc, but I dont see any demo of how to do this with the X-touch one.

thanks everyone

Simon
Old 11th May 2019
Gear Maniac

You can switch mode with stop+push encoder to control Midi CC and learn assignment with CMD+L.
Old 13th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMilos View Post
You can switch mode with stop+push encoder to control Midi CC and learn assignment with CMD+L.
thanks for your answer

I figured that this would be possible (I can do what you are suggesting with any midi controller, right?), but I was wondering if the x-touch one does it in a more integrated way without switching modes?

can I sit in logic MCU mode and grab any parameter using the motorised fader in a quick(ish) way?

in any case, in your suggestion would the motorised fader follow the movements sent by midi?

thanks

simon
Old 13th May 2019
Lives for gear

I just got one of these and have a few issues:

Banking right or left does bank in logic but doesn't select the first track in the bank, the display just reads "Select Bank", you then have to use the Channel right button to select a track!

Also channel right and left only work in the selected banks, they do not change banks when you try to go past the end or the beginning of the bank.

Totally hopeless, these buttons are useless.

Also the scrub wheel is not centered correctly, wobbles and touches the case making it useless.

Fader also judders and is noisy.

I wasn't expecting much from this but it is pretty poor.
Old 13th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcnsound View Post
hi

can anyone confirm how this works in Logic? (Ive never used a mackie control so I dont know if this maybe standard in this protocol)

Is there a "link behaviour" that he describes in Ableton? Can you click with the mouse on any parameter / send etc, and it assigns to the endless encoder for controlling... and then use flip option to switch it to the fader if you prefer?

I'm really struggling to confirm this as I cannot find the right info even on Behringers own site, nor a manual for this thing anywhere. (Does it even come with one?)

I see that the regular X-touch as access to all the plug ins and sends etc, but I dont see any demo of how to do this with the X-touch one.

thanks everyone

Simon
No modes apart from "Pn" (pan) are supported, you can not edit any other parameter, track, plugin, sends, eq etc.
Old 13th May 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheDog View Post
I just got one of these and have a few issues:

Banking right or left does bank in logic but doesn't select the first track in the bank, the display just reads "Select Bank", you then have to use the Channel right button to select a track!

Also channel right and left only work in the selected banks, they do not change banks when you try to go past the end or the beginning of the bank.

Totally hopeless, these buttons are useless.

Also the scrub wheel is not centered correctly, wobbles and touches the case making it useless.

Fader also judders and is noisy.

I wasn't expecting much from this but it is pretty poor.
Just pull the knob up a little and it’ll work smoother.
You might have a bad unit as far as the fader goes.
You won’t get perfection for under 200 bucks.
I actually liked how it worked with logic compared to pro tools, if logic were my primary daw I would have kept mine but it sucked in pro tools.
Old 13th May 2019
Lives for gear

I had to sort of file down or cut down some plastic under the scrub jog wheel, a little tap from molding the case or something was rubbing against the wheel sometimes even stopping it completely, really annoying. Works great now.

Other than that I find it hard to really get this into my workflow with one hand on my trackball and one on my keyboard. (Edit: I don’t have room to have it right next to me as I have a console I’m actually using a lot when mixing, and keyboard and trackball takes up the little space I have)
Old 14th May 2019
Gear Maniac
This thing sucks in Cubase a s well.

I wish I hadn't believed that behringer guy and had given mine back as long as I still could.
Now I have a useless piece of **** on my desk...
Old 14th May 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkfreak View Post
This thing sucks in Cubase a s well.

I wish I hadn't believed that behringer guy and had given mine back as long as I still could.
Now I have a useless piece of **** on my desk...
Hopefully they’ll make some improvements
Old 28th May 2019
Here for the gear
Hey small question to the Xtouch one users on ableton Live.

do you know if one could use the jogwheel instead of the left and right channel buttons to go from track to track ? asking because this can be done on the faderport V2. thanks
Old 28th May 2019
Here for the gear

X-TOUCH ONE firmware 1.07:
--------------------------

Overview

1. Info
2. History
3. Update Procedure

1. Info
-------
Channel selection:
This update brings new functionality to most of the Preset-supported DAWs:
Mouse-click on the DAW screen (for selecting a channel), will now update the X-TOUCH ONE hardware too.

Supported DAWs:
Ableton Live
Steinberg Cubase
Apple Logic
Presonus Studio One
Avid ProTools

NOT supported DAWs:
Cockos Reaper
Tracktion / Waveform

Footswitch:
Please note, that the Foot Switch assignment has been changed for all presets to the original Mackie Control functionality.
So, some DAWs have the Play/Pause function assigned to the Foot Switch (such as Logic, Studio One, ProTools).
Some DAWs do not support Play/Pause via MCU Foot Switch assignment (such as Live, Cubase, Reaper, Tracktion/Waveform).

Recommendations:
For Reaper and Tracktion / Waveform it is not required to update to firmware 1.07.
The only change is for the footswitch from Play/Pause (FW 1.04) to generic assignment (FW 1.07).

For all other above listed DAWs an update to firmware 1.07 is recommended.

In case of being unsatisfied with the new firmware,
please note that you can easily downgrade from firmware 1.07 back to 1.04 at any time.

2. History
----------
Firmware 1.07
New select feature (hardware follows mouse click on DAW) for most DAWs
Footswitch assignment changed to generic Mackie Control Protocol assignment

Firmware 1.06 + 1.05
Internal test versions

Firmware 1.04
Official Release version

3. Update Procedure
-------------------

1. Press and hold the small CHANNEL REC button (at the upper right corner) during power-up

2. Display will show "UP" (unit is now in "firmware UPDATE mode")

3. Open your MIDI Dump software (e.g. "MIDI-OX" on a Windows computer)

4. Select the firmware file for updating (file name ends with ".syx")

5. Dump the file via USB to the X-TOUCH ONE

6. The 7-segment display will show progress

7. The unit will show "donE" when finished

8. Now power off / on again

9. Display will show the firmware version, shortly, while booting
Old 28th May 2019
Gear Maniac
This firmware is out for ages but doesn't sort the banking issue in Cubase although that Behringer guy said it was.
That's the reason I kept it.
Old 30th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
No modes apart from "Pn" (pan) are supported, you can not edit any other parameter, track, plugin, sends, eq etc.
Sorry but it's untrue. I confirm you have several modes to choose from, at least on Ableton live, and it seems to be the case for any DAW as the option is in the X-Touch One itself.

If you go in the personalized mode of the X-Touch One and manually edit what each buttons control, you can set it up so you have a Plug in mode, a send mode, or a pan mode. So that the encoder or the fader can write any automation on any parameter. Then the fader will move by itself in playback.

I won't say the option is quick to navigate and I most of the time use the X Touch mini in combination to control plug ins parameter and sends quickly, but if you want to write a smooth automation on any parameter, it's very useful and you can.

Best,
Victor
Old 30th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcnsound View Post

Hi Simon,

no link behaviour possible, but you can set up a switch button to put any plug in, sends, pan, volume parameter either on the encoder or on the motorized fader.
The navigation to go from a plug in parameter to the other isn't fast, but as mentioned on my precedent post, I use the X touch mini for a quick control of those parameters and the X Touch one if I want to record a smooth automation of anything.

Best,
Victor
Old 30th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBN2 View Post
Hey small question to the Xtouch one users on ableton Live.

do you know if one could use the jogwheel instead of the left and right channel buttons to go from track to track ? asking because this can be done on the faderport V2. thanks
Not that I figured no, the jogwheel is used to rewind or fast forward.

Although directly selecting a track by clicking while keeping the other hand ready to modify volume and parameters seems to be quicker and smoother for me.

Victor
Old 30th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sorry but it's untrue. I confirm you have several modes to choose from, at least on Ableton live, and it seems to be the case for any DAW as the option is in the X-Touch One itself.

If you go in the personalized mode of the X-Touch One and manually edit what each buttons control, you can set it up so you have a Plug in mode, a send mode, or a pan mode. So that the encoder or the fader can write any automation on any parameter. Then the fader will move by itself in playback.

I won't say the option is quick to navigate and I most of the time use the X Touch mini in combination to control plug ins parameter and sends quickly, but if you want to write a smooth automation on any parameter, it's very useful and you can.

Best,
Victor
Thanks for the info, this sounds great.

How do you go to the personalised mode?
Old 30th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Thanks for the info, this sounds great.

How do you go to the personalised mode?
When you power up the X Touch one, the same way you choose a template for different software, just choose "MC User" and you can make your own.

Victor
Old 31st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
When you power up the X Touch one, the same way you choose a template for different software, just choose "MC User" and you can make your own.

Victor
Hi Victor,

Thanks for the info.

I guess you need some kind of editor to set this up?

I have downloaded the software for the xtouch-1 for both win and osx and can't find an editor there.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Thanks for any help!
Old 6th June 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Hi Victor,

Thanks for the info.

I guess you need some kind of editor to set this up?

I have downloaded the software for the xtouch-1 for both win and osx and can't find an editor there.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Thanks for any help!
Hi,

No, no editor needed, just like you do to choose a pro tools, logic or ableton template.

You keep pushing the encoder when powering on the X touch one.
You scroll to "MC User" with the encoder, then when you're on it, if you push any button of the X touch you can assign it to anything you like.

You can try multiple options, decide what are your priorities and assign them anywhere you'd like.

Enjoy,
Victor
Old 6th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi,

No, no editor needed, just like you do to choose a pro tools, logic or ableton template.

You keep pushing the encoder when powering on the X touch one.
You scroll to "MC User" with the encoder, then when you're on it, if you push any button of the X touch you can assign it to anything you like.

You can try multiple options, decide what are your priorities and assign them anywhere you'd like.

Enjoy,
Victor
Nice one Victor, thanks very much for the help. Very good of you.
Old 9th June 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseofStrauss View Post
X-TOUCH ONE firmware 1.07:

1. Info
-------
Channel selection:
This update brings new functionality to most of the Preset-supported DAWs:
Mouse-click on the DAW screen (for selecting a channel), will now update the X-TOUCH ONE hardware too.

Supported DAWs:
Ableton Live
Steinberg Cubase
Apple Logic
Presonus Studio One
Avid ProTools

NOT supported DAWs:
Cockos Reaper
Tracktion / Waveform

2. History
----------
Firmware 1.07
New select feature (hardware follows mouse click on DAW) for most DAWs

Has anyone tried this yet with Digital Performer 10.01?
Old 10th June 2019
Here for the gear

spongy F3 button on new x-touch one

new X-Touch One. The F3 button has a very different feel to all the others. All three rows of button have a positive but quite click, Except the F3 Button is soft and without a click. Yes, it works every time, to display the DAW browser as it should. Is this typical Behringer poor quality control and should I return it as it may fail in the future?

Thanks
Old 29th June 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokafari View Post
Hi esiom,

Forgot to mention that that script is for Ableton Live 10 only, also I have noticed that the script is a bit buggy when you group groups.

But you could try this script instead, it should work although I have not verified it

Hope it will work

Mokafari
I forgot which version of your script I use, but the only occurrence when the device doesn't properly identify a track is when groups or "groups of groups" are folded. Once the groups are unfolded it works like a charm.

your script changes the way the x touch one works thank you so much.
Old 3rd July 2019
Here for the gear

I'm just worried that even as a DAW controller, it will still give me that ****ty Behringer tone...
Old 3rd July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantpants View Post
I'm just worried that even as a DAW controller, it will still give me that ****ty Behringer tone...
You don't need any help for that.
Old 4th July 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokafari View Post
Hi esiom,

Forgot to mention that that script is for Ableton Live 10 only, also I have noticed that the script is a bit buggy when you group groups.

But you could try this script instead, it should work although I have not verified it

Hope it will work

Mokafari
Mate, this script is fantastic! it actually makes my xtouch one work as expected!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search