The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer X Touch One
Old 19th December 2018
Here for the gear

Hey Mokafari,

Amazing work, can I please ask if your script work on the full size X-Touch as apposed to the X-Touch ONE by replacing the existing script in the same way?

Thanks,
Joe
Old 20th December 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebradley1 View Post
Hey Mokafari,

Amazing work, can I please ask if your script work on the full size X-Touch as apposed to the X-Touch ONE by replacing the existing script in the same way?

Thanks,
Joe
Hi Joe,

Thanks man! Yeah, it should in theory work with all MCU devices. Although I can not verify it. Perhaps you could try? All the script does is auto update the bank on track selection.

All credits for the work goes to SgtErnestBilko I only modified his script for it to work with Ableton Live 10

Cheers!
Mokafari
Old 6th January 2019
Here for the gear

I've got an X Touch One on back order. The Behringer distributor I purchased it from online rang me the other day to inform me there's a 2-3 month wait on new stock.

Any idea why this is and why the X Touch One seems to unavailable globally?

And has the mouse click in DAW switching channels outside of a bank issue been resolved by the latest firmware update? Or is it about to be?

Last edited by chris2872; 6th January 2019 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: Because
Old 13th January 2019
Gear Maniac

What happened to $149???
I see it listed everywhere now for $179.99
Old 1st February 2019
Gear Head

Does anybody know if the Xtouch One can control the XR mixers? I just bought the XR12 and would love the Xtouch one as a surface controller for live use.
Old 19th February 2019
Gear Head

Any update for Cubase users?
Old 20th February 2019
Lives for gear

in case anyone is waiting, X-Touch One seems to be in stock now at dv247 / musicstore.de , mine arrived today.

I've never had a touch fader before, seems alright I have it on my left, mouse on the right. It's quite large, higher than my keyboard which is a slim logitech thing with solar panels... basically a wireless mac keyboard.

When you're scrolling tracks and get to the end of the bank, the name track dialogue box comes up. That's annoying.

There's also quite a big lag when you open a session in Pro Tools, and after one dialogue box (HUI not responding) it seems to work well. I am plugged into a powered USB hub but have had no problems with other devices plugged into it, including midi controllers.

The box doesn't sit flat on my desk. Luckily a guitar pick under one foot has sorted that.

With the firmware update it does follow which track I click in Pro Tools but only within that bank of 8. Sort of pointless, but I understand this is a HUI limitation.

Buttons feel fine, but pan knob, jog wheel, and the fader itself don't feel as secure but feels fine in use.

If anyone wants anything pro tools-based testing just let me know. I'm really not sure if I'm sold on it, or if it will actually be quicker for tracking and mixing, but I am going to stick with it for a while if I can.
Old 27th February 2019
Here for the gear

Mokafari you are a legend! I literally had the Faderport in a box ready to sell, but I gave your script a go and works totally how I needed it to now! BAM!

Just as a side note, if you want to keep the Ableton Mackie Control script as it is, you can copy the whole Mackie Control folder.. rename it FaderPort.. paste the script in that folder and then FaderPort should be selectable as a control surface in Ableton Preferences!

Eternal thanks to you!
Old 4th March 2019
Here for the gear

How does channel select work in Studio One?
Can I select a channel within the DAW and the controller follows it outside the bank, or only within?
Old 4th March 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkaarj View Post
Can I select a channel within the DAW and the controller follows it outside the bank, or only within?
I would love to know the same about Digital Performer 9/10
Old 5th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkaarj View Post
Only within. You have to press the bank button repeatedly depending on where you're trying to get to. I wish they would release one more update so it'll follow.
Old 5th March 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigdagod View Post
Only within. You have to press the bank button repeatedly depending on where you're trying to get to. I wish they would release one more update so it'll follow.
Thanks for the reply, I'll guess I'll stick to my old faderport classic then.
Old 6th March 2019
Here for the gear

I saw the modifications to the Live script that Mokafari made and, as he mentioned, it's a rather simple fix. I'm not sure of what's the equivalent script/config for S1. I was taking a look at the javascript files they have for Mackie control but didn't see any function or property related to selecting channels (where a similar fix to that of Mokafari could be applied).

:(
Old 7th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Hey guys, just took delivery of an X Touch One and it's quite wobbly on my (very flat) glass desk - not sure if the feet are uneven or unit is twisted. I recall someone else mentioning they had a similar issue recently - anyone else?

Edit - just plugged in and as soon as I fire up Logic the XTouch causes a high pitched ground loop whine in my system. Also gives me a mild electric shock when touching the fader. Not impressed.

Last edited by -groovatious-; 7th March 2019 at 02:49 PM..
Old 11th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by -groovatious- View Post
it's quite wobbly on my (very flat) glass desk
seems to be an issue with this latest batch then :/
Old 20th March 2019
Here for the gear

Just set up my new x-touch one, it's definitely wobbly. No shocks or ground loops, though...
Old 21st March 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamproof View Post
Track selection follows but if you click outside of the bank you will have to navigate to the bank for the channel to read. It's really a very quick process.

However I am enquiring into whether we can implement a new mode to make bank navigation un-necessary in Cubase. It could theoretically be possible by using a dual mode like the MC User mode, we can make the time display and other functions fixed to Mackie control but the fader and pan use a midi mode, that way we can program a 'generic' controller in Cubase to map the selected track directly to Pan and Fader, therefor negating the need to ever bank up/down.

However doing this would mean there would be no channel scribble display readout as the DAW readout is sent via MC and therefore if you go outside the bank the display would not update till you align bank.

So if we could implement such a new mode, would you Cubase users here be happy to have this mode (no bank nav necessary) but without a channel scribble read out? I know Fader port does not have a scribble in any case.
Hi Patrick, I was wondering where this ended up? What is the latest with Cubase functionality? And did you end up posting the video showing how it works?
Old 21st March 2019
Here for the gear

Finally got my x touch one delivered today, I can't (kind of can) believe it doesn't sit flat on my desk

Anyway...

Is anybody having trouble updating the latest firmware? Mine is getting stuck in (UP) update mode after rebooting.

If i send the original V1 firmware back it boots up as normal.
Old 28th March 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokafari View Post
Hey guys, good news for Ableton Live users. I have managed to get the X-Touch one to select a track beyond the bank when using the mouse or keyboard. All that was needed was a small modification to the Mackie MIDI remote script. Only 3 lines of code

The Channel button on the X-Touch one still needs banking though.

How to use

1. Backup and Delete ChannelStripController.pyc in MIDI Remote Scripts/MackieControl

2. Replace with ChannelStripController.py from the zip

3. Start Ableton and enjoy!
Thanks a lot @ mokafari ! It works perfectly!
Old 29th March 2019
Here for the gear

Pls help my x touch one won't connect to pro tools and I can't update firmware. I'm using a pc
Old 10th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Hey guys, good news for Ableton Live users. I have managed to get the X-Touch one to select a track beyond the bank when using the mouse or keyboard. All that was needed was a small modification to the Mackie MIDI remote script. Only 3 lines of code

The Channel button on the X-Touch one still needs banking though.

How to use

1. Backup and Delete ChannelStripController.pyc in MIDI Remote Scripts/MackieControl

2. Replace with ChannelStripController.py from the zip

3. Start Ableton and enjoy!
hey mokafari,

Im interesting to buy X-Touch One and use it with Ableton as precise motorised fader for every channel in 100+ channel projects...
Only thing could keep of me to buy is track selection problem.

I just want to select a channel by mouse and immediately get the position of this specific fader to the controller without changing channels or banks on controller..

as example... im clicking in ableton mixer on channel #9 and fader immediately moving to the right value of this channel.... later im clicking to channel 35 and getting postion of this channel on X-touch one. Without using channel select or bank select buttons..

As i understand its not possible from the box.
Can you confirm this script modification will works like a charm?
How long you use it? Is it really comfortable to change channel levels by clicking mouse on it and moving fader precissely by other hand?

Thanks
Old 10th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_mushroom View Post
hey mokafari,

Im interesting to buy X-Touch One and use it with Ableton as precise motorised fader for every channel in 100+ channel projects...
Only thing could keep of me to buy is track selection problem.

I just want to select a channel by mouse and immediately get the position of this specific fader to the controller without changing channels or banks on controller..

as example... im clicking in ableton mixer on channel #9 and fader immediately moving to the right value of this channel.... later im clicking to channel 35 and getting postion of this channel on X-touch one. Without using channel select or bank select buttons..

As i understand its not possible from the box.
Can you confirm this script modification will works like a charm?
How long you use it? Is it really comfortable to change channel levels by clicking mouse on it and moving fader precissely by other hand?

Thanks
Yo tasty_mushroom!

It works exactly how you describe it with my script. The only bug i have experienced is that sometimes the banking ch bugs out when you group groups in live 10, easily solved by banking manually. But apart from that it works flawless, i use it all the time in my projects with 100+ tracks. It's way more convenient than using a mouse, and you get way better control on where each element sits in the mix. It's a gamechanger, i would totally recommend it!

Cheers
Mokafari
Old 10th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Yo tasty_mushroom!

It works exactly how you describe it with my script. The only bug i have experienced is that sometimes the banking ch bugs out when you group groups in live 10, easily solved by banking manually. But apart from that it works flawless, i use it all the time in my projects with 100+ tracks. It's way more convenient than using a mouse, and you get way better control on where each element sits in the mix. It's a gamechanger, i would totally recommend it!

Cheers
Mokafari
Great. Do i need to manually select Mackie Controller in Ableton settings every time i reboot DAW or off the controller?
Old 10th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Great. Do i need to manually select Mackie Controller in Ableton settings every time i reboot DAW or off the controller?
No setup is needed on reboot or startup. Just update the script and then you are good to go. This script makes all the difference when using this controller. Without the script is such a chore to select a channel in Ableton and then on the controller. Behringer should really make their own midi script for this device, it has such great potential
Old 10th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Without the script is such a chore to select a channel in Ableton and then on the controller. Behringer should really make their own midi script for this device, it has such great potential
Just tested this device...

First impressions with your script for Ableton:
1) When no groups - channel select works perfect! great job

2) If you have groups in your project - channel select can work not stable in whole project.. This bug is not only about tracks inside of the group. When you click on some channels fader just goes down and you see "SELECT BANK" on blue display. You should push "FADER BANK BACK" button and than fader goes on right position and blue display shows correct channel name.. If not this i would be more than happy.. It could work perfectly im sure, but need to fix something in python code. If i can help with beta testing of your script let me know.

3) If you just try to change level by mouse of not selected channel then motorised fader will not follow position... You need select channel first. Not so critical thing, but i think It would be more convenient if this could work too... sort of full feedback between daw and controller

just about controller: it well made but not work from the box as i want... anyway motorised fader is very good.. only click feeling i miss when i move it above 0db.. in other words i wanna feel by hand when its on 0db.. not so critical

big jog is very tight.. very bright and noisy. you can't change the brightness of big jog in settings. but you can open the plastic on jog and put some insulating tape to make the 4 leds inside more darker.

jog does not rotates smoothly. i feels it a bit curved and it clings to something on rotate.... i have a babyface pro jog on my right hand.. and this is a real jog in comparsion..

so. can't wait for updates.. lets do it mokafari
Old 11th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Just tested this device...

First impressions with your script for Ableton:
1) When no groups - channel select works perfect! great job

2) If you have groups in your project - channel select can work not stable in whole project.. This bug is not only about tracks inside of the group. When you click on some channels fader just goes down and you see "SELECT BANK" on blue display. You should push "FADER BANK BACK" button and than fader goes on right position and blue display shows correct channel name.. If not this i would be more than happy.. It could work perfectly im sure, but need to fix something in python code. If i can help with beta testing of your script let me know.

3) If you just try to change level by mouse of not selected channel then motorised fader will not follow position... You need select channel first. Not so critical thing, but i think It would be more convenient if this could work too... sort of full feedback between daw and controller

just about controller: it well made but not work from the box as i want... anyway motorised fader is very good.. only click feeling i miss when i move it above 0db.. in other words i wanna feel by hand when its on 0db.. not so critical

big jog is very tight.. very bright and noisy. you can't change the brightness of big jog in settings. but you can open the plastic on jog and put some insulating tape to make the 4 leds inside more darker.

jog does not rotates smoothly. i feels it a bit curved and it clings to something on rotate.... i have a babyface pro jog on my right hand.. and this is a real jog in comparsion..

so. can't wait for updates.. lets do it mokafari
Hey!

Cool that you tried it! What version of ableton do you run? And have you updated to the latest firmware on the x-touch? Also have you selected the ableton template on the device?

My device works perfectly within groups also, it's only when you select a grouped group it bugs out sometimes. but this is maybe 1/100 chance, and I haven't figured why this bugs occur. Maybe someone else can chime in here?

If I remember correctly if you move a track fader with you mouse the controller will also switch focus to that track and update the fader. Will have to try this later though, as I never use the mouse any more to change fader levels.

I have been using this device with this script since december with minimal issues. I run ableton live 10.1 beta and 1.07 firmware

Cheers
Mokafari
Old 11th April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Hey!

Cool that you tried it! What version of ableton do you run? And have you updated to the latest firmware on the x-touch? Also have you selected the ableton template on the device?

My device works perfectly within groups also, it's only when you select a grouped group it bugs out sometimes. but this is maybe 1/100 chance, and I haven't figured why this bugs occur. Maybe someone else can chime in here?

If I remember correctly if you move a track fader with you mouse the controller will also switch focus to that track and update the fader. Will have to try this later though, as I never use the mouse any more to change fader levels.

I have been using this device with this script since december with minimal issues. I run ableton live 10.1 beta and 1.07 firmware

Cheers
Mokafari
Hey,
Im on Ableton 10.0.6 and 1.07 firmware. Tried both MC and MC Live modes.
When i start default Live-project and adding a lot of channels and even group them it works great.... really i got the first bug only when i tried to group group as you said..

But if i open some of my old unfinished projects with a lot channels and groups it works very buggy...
almost on each track i clicks i need to change bank before controller will get the right channel.. will test more tonight

little video i did this morning
Dropbox - Видео 11.04.19, 8 47 02.mov
Old 11th April 2019
Here for the gear

*** update ***

mokafari, firstly i used your 2nd script.. now i changed it to 1st one..
i just opened "Live 10 Suite Demo Song.als"
grouped all tracks and duplicated this group one time..
then i tried to find some bugs by clicking to the different chanels....
and i did'nt find any issues..
track selection works great... great job mokafari thank you!

**** update 2 ****
can you try to open "Live 10 Suite Demo Song.als" and just click on 12th channel?
my fader goes down and display shows - "Select Bank"
still buggy without group/groups?

***** update 3 ******
try to re-open this project and click on 7 Vocals
open this group and click on every channel from 8th until the end.. this way everything works
i just felt little freeze (1 sec) between 15th and 16th channels...
Old 13th April 2019
Here for the gear

Love the X-Touch One with Logic Pro X 10.4.4 running the 1.0.7 firmware. Everything is running spectacular. I bought this to swap out my Faderport classic and am very very happy I did so. For those having issues, the firmware update seems to have resolved any issues I had with the x touch one out of the box.
Old 23rd April 2019
Here for the gear

New x-touch one with Logic Pro here -- everything seems to work with the new firmware 1.07 except Pan! The pan knob reflects current setting, but can't change it. Anyone else?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search