The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stam Audio Stamchild SA-670
Old 7th September 2020
Gear Maniac

Hope things are going ok. Any chance you’ll be back in the lab soon?
Old 7th September 2020
Company Rep
I worked all weekend with Teo and Marcos and we managed to get 5 Stamchild's out today
We will repeat this coming weekend and attempt another 4-5 and so onwards
We should have all fully paid units delivered by the end of the month and move forward with the pre-orders
I want to hold invoices until we make more progress since it's a special permit, limited and don't want to get ahead of ourselves.

Thanks for bearing with us, the wait will be worth it 100% !!
Old 7th September 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
I worked all weekend with Teo and Marcos and we managed to get 5 Stamchild's out today
We will repeat this coming weekend and attempt another 4-5 and so onwards
We should have all fully paid units delivered by the end of the month and move forward with the pre-orders
I want to hold invoices until we make more progress since it's a special permit, limited and don't want to get ahead of ourselves.

Thanks for bearing with us, the wait will be worth it 100% !!
Appreciate that update. Looking forward to mine.
Old 10th September 2020
Quote:
Are you completing fully paid orders first? Will it make it quicker for me to receive mine if I pay the outstanding balance now? Ordered on 2nd July 2018. Approx half the price still owed. Countless promised deadlines missed.
Old 16th September 2020
Gear Nut

Hey Josh
I have an invoice here for one but I want to cancel the order and apply the deposit amount to one of my other orders. How can we do that?
Old 17th September 2020
Gear Nut

Serial Numbers

Hi Josh. Are the Stamchild's that are being built and shipped outgoing in order of serial number? If so, would it be possible for someone who ordered to know their serial number and what the last completed serial number is? Thanks!
Old 17th September 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevemachine View Post
Hi Josh. Are the Stamchild's that are being built and shipped outgoing in order of serial number? If so, would it be possible for someone who ordered to know their serial number and what the last completed serial number is? Thanks!
This would be extremely useful. I’m an early ordered of the 670, 4000, and 609. Without knowing where I’ve been in line regularly and what’s gone out, it’s easy to feel like nothing is ever coming. A regular update without having to chase would be great.
Old 17th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmfreeland View Post
This would be extremely useful. I’m an early ordered of the 670, 4000, and 609. Without knowing where I’ve been in line regularly and what’s gone out, it’s easy to feel like nothing is ever coming. A regular update without having to chase would be great.
Based on how long these are taking, I doubt he’ll do that. It would just make it obvious how slowly things are coming out of production.
Old 17th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by iangomes View Post
Based on how long these are taking, I doubt he’ll do that. It would just make it obvious how slowly things are coming out of production.
It also might take significant time away from what little they are able to devote to getting anything done in the current situation. As maddening as it may be, I'm guessing they would prefer people trust that they will get their products asap, and leave them to it. Not condoning the fairness of that, but it might be prudent to lean in that direction. Companies that take better care of themselves and their customers also do a better job of factoring all that into their business plan, which includes charging twice as much. That's the tradeoff.
Old 17th September 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piedpiper View Post
It also might take significant time away from what little they are able to devote to getting anything done in the current situation. As maddening as it may be, I'm guessing they would prefer people trust that they will get their products asap, and leave them to it. Not condoning the fairness of that, but it might be prudent to lean in that direction. Companies that take better care of themselves and their customers also do a better job of factoring all that into their business plan, which includes charging twice as much. That's the tradeoff.
I’ve been and remain rather understanding, particularly given the pandemic, but they have one or two support staff that aren’t building product and could send an email update every two weeks about where they were in production. Really any proactive emails would be welcome on my part.
Old 18th September 2020
Lives for gear

Of course.
Old 22nd September 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmfreeland View Post
I ordered 2nd July 2018 and on 11th December 2019 I was told there were 28 customers ahead of me. Yesterday (21st September 2020) I received my final invoice, which I paid today, with dispatch set for sometime in the next 15 days.

I wouldn't try to read too much into all of this, but it might be useful to you, if things are being done is some kind of meaningful order of priority based on date of initial order. I also have been patient. No threatening emails, etc.

Anyway, looks like I'm finally on the home stretch. Will keep you in the loop.
Old 22nd September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEMAS View Post
I ordered 2nd July 2018 and on 11th December 2019 I was told there were 28 customers ahead of me. Yesterday (21st September 2020) I received my final invoice, which I paid today, with dispatch set for sometime in the next 15 days.

I wouldn't try to read too much into all of this, but it might be useful to you, if things are being done is some kind of meaningful order of priority based on date of initial order. I also have been patient. No threatening emails, etc.

Just out of curiosity, any idea why it’s 15 days? Do they send invoices out when the assembly is started?
Old 22nd September 2020
Quote:
Agree with the 'don't read too much into it' as I got the same invoice email saying 15 days, back in July, immediately paid, and still waiting. They aren't particularly great at keeping schedules at the best of times and Covid is just another wrench in their rickety machine. It'll show up when it shows up is my mantra.
Old 22nd September 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbirge View Post
Agree with the 'don't read too much into it' as I got the same invoice email saying 15 days, back in July, immediately paid, and still waiting.
ah man, seriously?

I was recording a cellist last week with my Stam 67 mic and he was like OMG I've used these at Abbey Road studios and they're the absolute best. I said its not the real thing but it is a very good clone. After the session he said I think I'll get a pair of those and I said yeah there's just one problem with that.....
Old 22nd September 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:

I got my invoice as well actually. I think my place in line was almost exactly where you were too +/- 1 or 2.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Hi every one:
I also ordered mine in July of 2018 like on the 5th.
So far I have not heard anything yet.
dan

Update: just received an email yesterday, Monday, they say that Chile is still under lockdown, so they cannot go to the shop to test the compressors out.
But I just checked on the internet, and they say Chile has curfew from 8 PM to 5 AM now. No mention of any lockdown.
So Josh, can you chime in.
I think that Josh should be up front with us, and let us know. I don't think that people would give up up on you Josh. We all understand the situation. But a little clarity would make us feel really comfortable.
dan

Last edited by dan le; 3 weeks ago at 07:50 PM.. Reason: I received an update from Stam
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

looking forward to an update as I haven't seen a recent email reply. These are very difficult times and hope everyone is well. Man, I have been a good customer and really enjoy the gear! This has been the longest of the waits and hope to see that Stamchild soon. From the grace of my browser, it does seem things are lifting in Chile. Best
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep
Lockdown has been lifted as of today. We expect most workers back on Monday but some won't be able to come in despite lockdown being lifted for safety measures with their families.

We will then start invoicing the reminder of pre-orders for the 670 and other units once we delivered the fully paid ones.

We can't invoice more units until we catch up. Once we can complete your unit on the list we will invoice you.

If you think there is an error on our side (it has happened before) in terms of when you pre-ordered please email me at [email protected] and I will promptly have a look for you

Josh
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Beautiful Josh.
Thanks.
dan
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Lockdown has been lifted as of today. We expect most workers back on Monday but some won't be able to come in despite lockdown being lifted for safety measures with their families.

We will then start invoicing the reminder of pre-orders for the 670 and other units once we delivered the fully paid ones.

We can't invoice more units until we catch up. Once we can complete your unit on the list we will invoice you.

If you think there is an error on our side (it has happened before) in terms of when you pre-ordered please email me at [email protected] and I will promptly have a look for you

Josh
Hi Josh, I just sent you an email about my order for a 670. Thank you!

Last edited by Ghost Logic; 1 week ago at 05:15 PM..
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
Agree with the 'don't read too much into it' as I got the same invoice email saying 15 days, back in July, immediately paid, and still waiting. They aren't particularly great at keeping schedules at the best of times and Covid is just another wrench in their rickety machine. It'll show up when it shows up is my mantra.
Just arrived on my doorstep today. Assuming everything checks out ok when I have time to do so then it'll be a keeper, first impression is very positive. Haven't put it through the paces completely yet but did spend a few minutes at the patchbay running some sound through it. It's got that 670 vibe for sure, classic butter fat vari-mu shaving on the transients.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Just arrived on my doorstep today. Assuming everything checks out ok when I have time to do so then it'll be a keeper, first impression is very positive. Haven't put it through the paces completely yet but did spend a few minutes at the patchbay running some sound through it. It's got that 670 vibe for sure, classic butter fat vari-mu shaving on the transients.
Killer! Tell us all about it after some more test runs!
Old 2 days ago
Company Rep
Awesome!!
Old 2 days ago
Racked it up, it all seems to work so far. Man it just has *that* sound. 2 mix shaving a couple db off on a crap demo mix I can hear it even then, so gooey almost like smacking on some peanut butter. No you don't get to hear the mix but I'll post something eventually. For now here it is hanging comfortably with a bunch of other space heaters.
Attached Thumbnails
Stam Audio Stamchild SA-670-pxl_20201028_222414415.portrait.jpg  
📝 Reply