The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Zynaptiq Intensity
Old 12th June 2020
Lives for gear

Excellent point – mixing into the plugin can definitely make you use less stuff in general. At the very least it makes you make different decisions as compared to slapping in on top of a mix that is already there. I've found that difference to be a good one. I (used to) do it that way with my analog Rock Ruepel and Alpha Comp, too
Old 2nd August 2020
Lives for gear

I love mixing into Intensity at the default setting with the low band dialed back a bit. I find that using BX Masterdesk before Intensity, set flat, really comes in handy using the Foundation (tilt) feature. That keeps me from adjusting the bands, which can send you down the rabbit hole real quick. I still think that including a button that allows the Bias control to change to 'tilt' the bands would be such a great feature. Until then, this is my work around when 'fitting' the busses together. I have Intensity set to default on Drum, Guitar, Bass, and Vocal buss. Mixing into it with Masterdesk as the 'front end'. And that's only for the 'analog' low and high roll-offs and the tilt via Foundation control.
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Just spent some time building a preset to use Intensity as a +2db boost saturated EQ (with that Intensity infinite band compression magic stuff)! Oh my. It sounds pretty awesome. Using a propular track, I wanted to set up Intensity to be as flat as possible and only adding a little saturation boost as a starting point. Attached is the preset I made along with screenshots showing the flat response in plugin doctor and 'After Processing' matches showing how Intensity effected the response curve of the track.

Note: I have it set up to handle audio coming in at -10 to -12db. This keeps the results here predictable. You can get more than a 2db push by raising the Dry/Wet. But I made this to be a buss 'finisher' and wanted to limit my moves.

Have fun and lemme know whatcha think if you decide to give a go! I need to STOP buying saturation plugs. Intensity is so versatile. Maybe adding some additional saturation types to the plug would give it some new life here on GS?
Attached Thumbnails
Zynaptiq Intensity-intensity-set-flat-plugin-dr.jpg   Zynaptiq Intensity-post-intensity-match-almost-flat.jpg   Zynaptiq Intensity-post-intensity-match-lo-hi-shelf.jpg   Zynaptiq Intensity-post-intensity-match-200-6k-boost.jpg  
Attached Files
Old 31st August 2020
Here for the gear
this plugin looks great, but $380? Jesus christ.
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by computervision View Post
this plugin looks great, but $380? Jesus christ.
Wait for Black Friday.

It's an amazing plugin and well worth it when you can buy it for an agreeable price.
Old 3rd September 2020
Lives for gear

Watched a video from one of the Youtube plugin personalities using what he called the Pultec 666 Guitar Buss trick. I wanted to see if I could mimic it with Intensity. I actually think it blows it out of the water for ultra modern guitar sound (given that Intensity is doing so much more than eq)! Use the Dry-Wet slider to test it out (it is set to 100% to start but I back up to 0 and work up from there. It doesn't take much). The curves you can draw up with Intensity are really insane when using the Tilt Bias.

Attached is the preset and screenshot of the curve 'mimic'.
Attached Thumbnails
Zynaptiq Intensity-intensity-parallel-pultec-gtr-trick.jpg  
Attached Files
Old 12th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromRVA View Post
Watched a video from one of the Youtube plugin personalities using what he called the Pultec 666 Guitar Buss trick. I wanted to see if I could mimic it with Intensity. I actually think it blows it out of the water for ultra modern guitar sound (given that Intensity is doing so much more than eq)! Use the Dry-Wet slider to test it out (it is set to 100% to start but I back up to 0 and work up from there. It doesn't take much). The curves you can draw up with Intensity are really insane when using the Tilt Bias.

Attached is the preset and screenshot of the curve 'mimic'.
Great stuff!

I'd love to include the preset in the next update. If you're up for that, please email us
Old 13th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Goekdag View Post
Great stuff!

I'd love to include the preset in the next update. If you're up for that, please email us
Right on! That would be cool. I will shoot over an email tonight.
Old 13th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromRVA View Post
Right on! That would be cool. I will shoot over an email tonight.
Include your screen name in the preset name.
Old 18th September 2020
Lives for gear

Using Intensity to mimic the saturation section of a very nice sounding compressor when hit at -12db and -2db GR in the default settings. I got annoyed that I couldn't drive the saturation harder independently so I made my own 'clone'. Increase the Dry-Wet to taste (and of course more drive!). Though it's not known if the 'unit' would sound similar at higher levels of drive because the saturation curve would most likely be different at higher levels. But until then Intensity gives me more of what I want! Attached is a comparison graph and presets (2 versions. Clean Gain and Saturated Gain). Have I mentioned that Intensity is an all-time fav
Attached Thumbnails
Zynaptiq Intensity-12db-2db-gr-sat-curve-.png  
Attached Files
Old 19th September 2020
Lives for gear

Awesome!

Thank you for sending the preset, by the way. I was thinking that it may be a good idea if we set it to a useful dry/wet mix, as opposed to the "100% wet, put on parallel bus" approach – that way, you'd still get a useful result when stepping through presets on an insert. Maybe something like 33% wet (to make the effect obvious)?
Old 19th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Goekdag View Post
Awesome!

Thank you for sending the preset, by the way. I was thinking that it may be a good idea if we set it to a useful dry/wet mix, as opposed to the "100% wet, put on parallel bus" approach – that way, you'd still get a useful result when stepping through presets on an insert. Maybe something like 33% wet (to make the effect obvious)?
Agreed! I'm not sure why I set it to 100% (I guess so I get that instant WOW!). 33% sounds way more reasonable as I found that I am staying between 25 and 40% wet on guitar bus.

Cheers!
📝 Reply