The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Softube releases American Class A console emulation Control Surfaces
Old 8th July 2018
Gear Addict

Guys please: less talking about controlers, console1 and product policy and way more talking about the sound of this strip.

Did anybody a serious comparison to UAD already?
Old 9th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues Bird View Post
Guys please: less talking about controlers, console1 and product policy and way more talking about the sound of this strip.

Did anybody a serious comparison to UAD already?
I do not use UAD but in comparison to the other strips offered by Softube for the Console One, this is my new favorite and it beats out the 9000 in terms of being my go to strip now. This might sound like a crazy comparison but IMHO this strip is almost like if Sonnox decided to make The Inflator a full blown channel strip. I will post some audio examples at some point but if you take live drums and run it through this thing, you can get them to explode and really make them sound HUGE. That's mainly due to how the drive and character react to the compressor. The EQ is so great. It sounds tight and precise but vibey. Boosting 50hz on a drum kit and feeding that hard into the compressor and then drive section can transform a really boring, flat sounding kit into a whole different thing.

Highly suggest you demo it.
Old 9th July 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy2039 View Post
I do not use UAD but in comparison to the other strips offered by Softube for the Console One, this is my new favorite and it beats out the 9000 in terms of being my go to strip now. This might sound like a crazy comparison but IMHO this strip is almost like if Sonnox decided to make The Inflator a full blown channel strip. I will post some audio examples at some point but if you take live drums and run it through this thing, you can get them to explode and really make them sound HUGE. That's mainly due to how the drive and character react to the compressor. The EQ is so great. It sounds tight and precise but vibey. Boosting 50hz on a drum kit and feeding that hard into the compressor and then drive section can transform a really boring, flat sounding kit into a whole different thing.

Highly suggest you demo it.
Thanks! Will do!
Old 12th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhamster View Post
...but eventually they did send me the voucher. Got exactly the same 1. 2. reply first.

Did they send you an actual voucher that you could use in your cart ?

Old 12th July 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Did they send you an actual voucher that you could use in your cart ?
Yes, I received a code that gave me the correct price in the store. It's a shame you always have to be a bit persistent with Softube support. Reading the responses here that does not seem to be an issue for most.
Old 12th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, I received a code that gave me the correct price in the store. It's a shame you always have to be a bit persistent with Softube support. Reading the responses here that does not seem to be an issue for most.

I wrote them 2 hours ago, and asked them about the voucher.
They got back too me in 15 Min ! - Thats kind of WOW !

Anyway, they sent me a link, and after clicking along,
I ended up with an offer of $ 199.- for the new API Channel.
Honestly, I was expecting a better deal ...

So ... I think I will put this on hold for now.
I got the UAD API Vision - plenty enough of their character in there.

Old 12th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Softube's support has been nothing but stellar on my end. Never ever had to be persistent and they always got back to me within a few hours of emailing them.
Old 12th July 2018
Voucher is definitely 199$. I've also only gotten same day replies from Softube support,
Old 20th July 2018
Here for the gear

Been demoing this channel strip for the full 20 days and at the end had to purchase it. It's become my workhorse channel strip in the last couple weeks where I was just using mainly it, and a couple effects and didn't have the need for much more, with very low CPU usage to boot.

I actually use it on the 2bus for processing as well. Using the compressor with slow attack/fast release, 2:1 ratio and a slight 1db of gain reduction. Really gives the mix a nice punch! Sometimes a couple EQ moves as well...

Anyone else doing this?
Old 20th July 2018
Gear Nut

But aint API class-ab heh..?
Old 20th July 2018
Gear Nut

Not that it matter..
Old 20th July 2018
That's great, can't wait for the new Taiwanese IC based strip.
Old 21st July 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustusarnone View Post
That's great, can't wait for the new Taiwanese IC based strip.
It will be more efficient, less noisy, do everything all the other strips can do and cost less. But it wont have the mojo duuude!
Old 31st July 2018
Here for the gear

Anyone have a voucher for 199 for this that they will not use?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hey guy i'm finally demoing this baby , as a Console 1 owner , see in my comp the Api comps , in Eq's also but on my channel strip , don't see the american Class A , while the vst 3 s in the right folder

Am i missing something ?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Hey guy i'm finally demoing this baby , as a Console 1 owner , see in my comp the Api comps , in Eq's also but on my channel strip , don't see the american Class A , while the vst 3 s in the right folder

Am i missing something ?
I see the American Class A channel strip available to load in mine.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fmb View Post
I see the American Class A channel strip available to load in mine.
Really strange , might be i need to update c1 but the strange thing is that i have the comp and the eq s ... demo mode here so this might be also that ...
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Really strange , might be i need to update c1 but the strange thing is that i have the comp and the eq s ... demo mode here so this might be also that ...
It is strange, yes. Interestingly, I have the problem that you have with the 'American Class A' with the Tube-Tech collection: No listing of it in "strips," so I have to load an EQ and Comp separately. Also interesting / strange is the fact that under the EQ's there are both the various Tube-Tech EQ's as well as a seemingly misplaced "Tube-Tech Classic Channel" -but which loads only an EQ.

Not sure what is going on with all this...but perhaps Softube needs to do some housekeeping?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It is strange, yes. Interestingly, I have the problem that you have with the 'American Class A' with the Tube-Tech collection: No listing of it in "strips," so I have to load an EQ and Comp separately. Also interesting / strange is the fact that under the EQ's there are both the various Tube-Tech EQ's as well as a seemingly misplaced "Tube-Tech Classic Channel" -but which loads only an EQ.

Not sure what is going on with all this...but perhaps Softube needs to do some housekeeping?
If i recall well , there s no channel strip for the tubetech ...only the summit and others ....
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
If i recall well , there s no channel strip for the tubetech ...only the summit and others ....
No, there is a channel strip. I've used it often in its "non Console 1" incarnation. From Softube's website:

"Comprised of three separate units, the passive tube-driven PE 1C and ME 1B ‘Pultec’-style equalizers and the world-famous CL 1B optical compressor, the Tube-Tech classic channel is not a typical strip. It tastefully warms and saturates any sound source with its tube-stages, and gently levels them with its slow, smooth compression."

And it's listed as Console-1 ready. I've contacted Softube Support re the Tube-Tech and American Class A Strips not appearing [for some users] in the Strips list, and will report back with what they have to say. I'd like to get this straightened out for myself as well!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
No, there is a channel strip. I've used it often in its "non Console 1" incarnation. From Softube's website:

"Comprised of three separate units, the passive tube-driven PE 1C and ME 1B ‘Pultec’-style equalizers and the world-famous CL 1B optical compressor, the Tube-Tech classic channel is not a typical strip. It tastefully warms and saturates any sound source with its tube-stages, and gently levels them with its slow, smooth compression."

And it's listed as Console-1 ready. I've contacted Softube Support re the Tube-Tech and American Class A Strips not appearing [for some users] in the Strips list, and will report back with what they have to say. I'd like to get this straightened out for myself as well!
Thks , keep us informed .... for the tubetech maybe the new one has a strip but the old one i doubt even if we can load stuff in modules ....
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

By the way i asked the support also so they're aware of my case too ..... (i also asked for the vaucher , since i never recieved it and then went to holidayz , the answer is : nope , too late ....kinda weird coming from those cool rock scientist lol )
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
No, there is a channel strip. I've used it often in its "non Console 1" incarnation.
This is a channel strip plugin but NOT a console 1 channel strip.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkfreak View Post
This is a channel strip plugin but NOT a console 1 channel strip.
Admittedly, that's how it's working -with the EQ's and Comp loadable in their own respective sections but the Channel Strip not listed in "Strips" (although there is a "Tube Tech Classic Channel" listed under EQ's...but it only loads an EQ). But in that event, Softube needs to clarify matters on its website, as the Tube-Tech MkII Collection is marqueed as "Console 1 ready."

Softube - Tube-Tech Complete Collection

Given that the EQ's are loadable and the Comp is loadable, I'm not clear on why you wouldn't be able to just load the Channel Strip and then -as with other Console 1 Channel Strips, substitute in other plugins as desired.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I've heard back from Mattias at Softube Support. Thank you, Mattias!

Jeezo, he recommends making sure you have latest Console 1 software and /or reinstalling the ACA.

Folkfreak, looks like you're kinda right! But at the same time, the response clarifies that the channel strips are all modular, with each section replaceable, but some strips are more compatible with the full Console layout than others. So:

a) *None* of the channel strips are *full* channel strips.
b) Tube-Tech Classic channel *is* a Channel Strip, just a bit less of a "full" strip (functionality-wise) than the others! Everybody got that? We might say it's a stripped down strip?

Here is the actual response:

Hi Mark,

This is Mattias from Softube support. Thanks for getting in touch!

The American Class A should show up. Make sure that the Console 1 software is also fully up to date. I would also try to reinstall the ACA.

Classic Channel can't be loaded as a full strip, so that is to be expected. The Pultec design doesn't match the parametric knob layout very well.

Note:
Our channel strips are actually not full channel strips. The Console 1 loads them as the individual parts.

Best regards,

Mattias

Mattias Danielsson
Customer Support
Softube AB

Last edited by 4fmb; 1 week ago at 08:07 PM.. Reason: Added more detail
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thks , gonna update the whole thing , so many updates and i have to update all softube plugins at the same time to be sure nothing strange happen , inwill try that and report

For the channel strip my only concern and why i would like strip full is the drive section !! I hope the will implement he drive section independly , to be able to change after the channel strip choice ...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

After update , the api is reconized .... gonna checked via a stress cpu and stability of the new version asap ...
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Does anyone have spare voucher code for american A channel please?

thanks
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search