The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acustica Audio releases Water suite. Equalizer Plugins
Old 30th July 2018
Gear Head

give the eq another chance, it seems like a marvel to me
Old 31st July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
give the eq another chance, it seems like a marvel to me
Yeah, love both the EQ and Comp on Bass. EQ in MS on Mixbuss too.
Old 8th August 2018
As Siemens pre/TAB U273a comp/Siemens 295a - til-i-die user and fan.. deeply impressed by Water. EQ has BIG energy and character, the preamp options sound very tasty... and the compressor-limiter which is what i could most 'directly' compare to my hw really has that velvety 3D 'tubelike' mojo - simply gorgeous sound.

The TAB comp, while with good gainstaging can do a mojo and snap on a track just like that that made me think 'eat your heart out SSL' the first time i tried it for mixing, for tracking can easily suck you in if playing a little louder than anticipated etc. - so the much added flexibility with Water is highly appreciated!

The SHMD works magic... between 3 and 4 (and release on 1 or 1.5) you might as well call it Cream

And as musician not mixer nor prone to much tweaking i find that within a minute i can dial in stuff so beautifully sounding and alive i would be real sad to take it off again.

A studio owner friend has two of the tube comps (U93?) on the masterbuss and i'll send him the link saying this is as close to those babies as you'll ever get.

Can't believe there are some plugins by now i can sincerely rave about...
Many thanks and congratulations Acustica!
Old 21st August 2018
Lives for gear

Just purchased Water having demoed it for a while. I can't believe how good it is, preamps, eq and compressor, all are just insanely high quality. I'm surprised there's not more of a buzz about it, I'm guessing because it's kind of a smaller bundle than cream or the other recent offerings in the sense of options.... not that it matters.... this is the best buss compressor I own now, it's kind of mad how much it does for a song sitting on the buss. The HPF is gorgeous as well, it adds such a nice rounded low end. Bit too heavy for me to mix into it unless I render tracks first but I've been making some settings that work, turning it off and just checking with it on periodically when on whilst making, or I just wait till the end and run a stereo mix thru it gently. Either way it is doing some serious work for my tracks. I've started using the clipper as the final stage of my output last few songs and it seems to be doing a very nice job used judiciously.

Pretty blown away to be honest, massive thanks to Acoustica for putting this out and at a very affordable price for what you get!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search