Waves Audio V10 (Version 10) Now Available - Page 17 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves Audio V10 (Version 10) Now Available
Old 15th December 2018
Gear Maniac
Hey, anyone else with trouble to access Waves Central? Syetem Error anyone?
Old 6th May 2019
Lives for gear

Btw, what's the reason behind all Waves plugins being in 4 versions?

(mono-mono, stereo-stereo etc)

It's annoying.

k
Old 9th May 2019
Lives for gear

Anyone having trouble loading the "personal" WUP page?

"Spinning" progress wheel no matter what I try. Every other page at the Waves site loads... except the one I need.

Tried turning off network filter (LS), approaching from my account and other pages, even from Audio Deluxe. No dice.

Thanks guys.
Old 9th May 2019
Lives for gear

It's working fine here on Chrome fwiw.
Old 9th May 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks man.

I've opened a support ticket with the webmaster. Hopefully I hear back from him / them and it gets sorted before the WUP sale ends...
Old 13th May 2019
Lives for gear

Isn't WUP supposed to be capped at 240$ (used to be 225$, right).

I'm seeing 360$ as some of my stuff is v10 and some v9. Way too high and not worth it (v9 works just fine). Might wait for v11 or just never update, that's fine, too.

k
Old 13th May 2019
Lives for gear

Click the checkbox or whatever to indicate that you're running everything on one machine (unless you're not), and the cap will be put in place.

Update on my situation:
Been trying for days and cannot load my WUP page; I've waited for a while for this discount opportunity so I can bring everything up to V10.

Tech support told me to try a different browser, but I'm wedded to Safari as it's served me very-well for 18 years and I refuse to install another browser for the sole possibility that it might make a difference. Surely there're many thousands of Waves users who use Safari exclusively?

Hmm... just hope I don't miss out on the sale...
Old 15th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
Click the checkbox or whatever to indicate that you're running everything on one machine (unless you're not), and the cap will be put in place.
Actually, no.

I'm getting this message as some of my plugins are still covered (nothing overlaps, though). 360$ for me. No way. Even with 25% off. I'll wait until everything's past WUP expiry date and do it then. Or not.

///
1 year of Waves Update Plan coverage is capped at $240 for all non-identical products.

Your Waves Update Plan exceeds the $240 cap due to either selecting multiple identical licenses, or the coverage you’re about to purchase is for more than 1 year for some of the selected licenses.
///
Old 15th May 2019
Lives for gear

Actually, 360$ is WITH 25% already. 480$ without it. Pfff.
I'm kinda happy v9 still works (even together with v10) but I'll hold off buying more plugins even at 29$.

k

edit: I can re-WUP everything that's not covered for 180$ (240 - discount) but if I choose just one plugin from the already covered list it jumps to 312$ (which makes this 29$ plugin cost 29$+132$). Who are they kidding? (Well, 29$ seems to lure people into the system, then they get you)

Last edited by soulata; 15th May 2019 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: additional content
Old 15th May 2019
Lives for gear

C-rumpets!

Sorry brother; they've changed the layout and functionality of the page since I last checked what my WUP renewal would cost me last year.

Looks like they've taken on a few ideas that we put forward in (I think) this thread, such as the ability to select and deselect plugins en-masse.

The checkbox I spoke of is now gone, so again, sorry about that; I swear it was there before and it was a known "thing" that many peeps failed to realise that they had to tick the box in order to have the cap put in place.

I too noticed that selecting just one of the already-covered plugins can blow the cost right out, even to the full $480. Something's changed under-the-hood there 'cause I can't see a way to implement my "personal" approach, which I shared with many here and elsewhere, where one could synchronise all plugs to be updated and covered 'til a common date. No way to do this now, it seems.

So yeah, only option now is to bring everything that's out-of-WUP into the plan with no way of avoiding the "continuous stream" of out-of-WUP alerts that'll start flooding one's inbox ofter a certain period of time. That's half the reason I wanted to synchronise all coverage; I find those reminders annoying.
Old 30th May 2019
Deleted 0ec6b8e
How I love Waves trying to update a single plugin (Renaissance Bass), lost in the maze of the Waves nightmare, multiple emails with support, hours (literally) of work, a two hour 5GB download (for one freaking plugin), the need to use Terminal on Mac as part of the install, endless confusion and guessing my way through Waves Central, operating system issues . . . etc etc etc etc etc . . . ahhhhhhh !

After a day of this crap I have managed to get a working demo (DEMO!) of a plugin I already own to work (for a few days until the demo period expires), this seems to be the best I can do.

Sorry, just moaning, I literally have zero issues with every other plugin manufacturer out there, and like many here I use dozens of different plugins in from dozens of manufacturers, plugins you can download, install and have working with zero issues in a minute or two, but every time I need to do anything with Waves it is an absolute nightmare . . . . ahhhhhhh !

Anyhow, the point of my post . . . are there any good replacements for Renaissance Bass out there that people would recommend ?

I have managed to replace all my Waves plugins over the years, not because they are not good plugins, I think they are generally very very good, but simply because they have consistently been a nightmare to manage . . . if I can find a replacement for the (admittedly otherwise excellent) Renaissance Bass I can finally be free of Waves plugins.
Old 25th June 2019
Lives for gear
So...I'm beginning to see why so many people were pissed. I've had the Scheps Omnichannel plug-in since it was first launched, but I've never used (my system was down). I finally got my system back up and running, installed my DAW, downloaded Waves Central v10, moved my license from the cloud to my local machine, installed Scheps Omnichannel...launched FL Studio, and all I'm getting are Waveshell errors.

So, I tried browing the interwebs to see exactly what the problem might be, and spent around 3hrs troubleshooting...only to gloss over one little detail; my version of the Omnichannel is 9.2. I can't tell if a newer version is out, but from my account it clearly states that my update plan has expired. So, I'm wondering if there's a newer version and that's the reason for my problem getting it to run. This is becoming very frustrating, and so far questions to Waves directly have gone unanswered.

I remember when I was in my teens, I used to pirate so much software. As an adult earning an income now, I've gone legit...so you can imagine how frustrating it is paying for something that you're unable to use. Sigh
Old 25th June 2019
Lives for gear

Welcome to WUP-land
Old 25th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotWorms View Post
I was having shell errors without the c++ stuff(05,08,12,13,15-x64 and x86). But waves central should've installed all that, maybe you uninstalled a c++ along the way?
It's definitely not that. I've tried several thing, including that, along with several fresh installations...still nothing! Hopefully I figure this out soon, or else I'd have just wasted my money.
📝 Reply