The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Past To Future Releases 12 BIT SPRING REVERB! (AKG BX15 & AKAI S612) Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 8th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Software Past To Future Releases 12 BIT SPRING REVERB! (AKG BX15 & AKAI S612)

Past To Future Releases 12 BIT SPRING REVERB! (AKG BX15 & AKAI S612)-12-bit-spring-reverb-cover-sm.jpg

Have you ever wondered how an analog spring reverb would sound like sampled through an old 12 Bit Akai Sampler?

It is hard to describe. You have to hear it for yourself.

Here are some demos;

Available now at; PastToFutureReverbs on Gumroad

You get 25 IR’s (Mono & Stereo)

Enjoy!

© Past to Future Reverbs
Attached Thumbnails
Past To Future Releases 12 BIT SPRING REVERB! (AKG BX15 & AKAI S612)-12-bit-spring-reverb-cover-sm.jpg  
Old 8th June 2018
Gear Head

Question?

What reverb unit did you use for this? Did you sample the BX-15? (I know you did the 10 and 20 previously.)

How are the midi drum loops coming along? Again...there's a huge market for something of this nature because of your tastes and sensibilities.
Old 8th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by minminmusic View Post
What reverb unit did you use for this? Did you sample the BX-15? (I know you did the 10 and 20 previously.)

How are the midi drum loops coming along? Again...there's a huge market for something of this nature because of your tastes and sensibilities.
Yes it is the BX15 as the Title says
Old 9th June 2018
Lives for gear

I have the other BX. Nice. I will try this for sure.

I am loving the digital verb pack. What a steal. Quantec. AMS16. TajMahol. The Lex offerings. Great for tracks and sound design in general.

Would love to see old cheesy boxes that bring great tone itb.

Thinking Yam SP90 990, Rev7, alesis, microverb, cheaper units in general.
That digital bundle I would snap up.

I love your sampling process. Brings an organic liveliness. I hear that same process in some of my favorite music.
Old 9th June 2018
Gear Head

I had brought up to them to try and take a crack at the Yamaha FX500 preset "Soft Focus". For those in the know...that's the Slowdive preset. I'd pay to have that in the box even though I have the original unit.

I agree...more ridiculously weird cheapo reverb units. One can never have too much character!!!
Old 10th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
I have the other BX. Nice. I will try this for sure.

I am loving the digital verb pack. What a steal. Quantec. AMS16. TajMahol. The Lex offerings. Great for tracks and sound design in general.

Would love to see old cheesy boxes that bring great tone itb.

Thinking Yam SP90 990, Rev7, alesis, microverb, cheaper units in general.
That digital bundle I would snap up.

I love your sampling process. Brings an organic liveliness. I hear that same process in some of my favorite music.
Thank you. You will love this one too. This one sit very easy in a busy mix.

About cheap Reverbs, we are making some Alesis yamaha stuff and more which will come out soon.

But before that The Lexicon 224 will come out very soon.

What a reverb guys.

Stay tuned
P2F
Old 11th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by minminmusic View Post
I had brought up to them to try and take a crack at the Yamaha FX500 preset "Soft Focus". For those in the know...that's the Slowdive preset. I'd pay to have that in the box even though I have the original unit.

I agree...more ridiculously weird cheapo reverb units. One can never have too much character!!!
Ok.. We will get a Yamaha FX500 for you and sample it
Old 14th June 2018
It's amazing how time changes us.
I remember reading a review in H&SR (in the '90s?) that included a funny comparison between spring and digital reverbs. It said something like: "The sound of digital reverb is like being kissed by the angel Gabriel, whereas the sound of a spring reverb is like having your knee modified by a power-saw."
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search