The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DSP-Quattro V5
Old 30th July 2019
  #121
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
Maintenance update released in user section. DSPQ5 doesn't crash when rendering plugins on an audio file. Also no longer get an error message when inserting an fx chain in a CD region saying the plugins weren't properly installed and to check. This is all good.

What isn't so good is DSPQ5 STILL doesn't properly list user made presets for plugins whether they were created and saved outside of the program or inside it. Also it STILL doesn't always save sessions to the location where it was saved to before.

Score:
2 bugs fixed
2 bugs still exist

Verdict:
Still not viable for production work as regards mastering & burning cd's. Still a workflow killer.
Old 19th August 2019
  #122
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
Yet another update is released and it STILL isn't right.
Program doesn't remember where you last saved a session - you have to hunt for the location. And even when you do that and make edits and want to save the edited session - you STILL have to wander through Finder to go to the location you just saved it to 5 minutes ago.

And if you save a preset for a plugin and give it a unique name it's STILL not listed in the plugins preset lists.
Old 9th October 2019
  #123
New update 5.2
Old 9th October 2019
  #124
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe View Post
New update 5.2
And not one damned thing has been fixed. Same bugs as I mentioned in my previous post here. It's stuff Stefano knows about but can't fix. He's more after the look (like Logic) than function. And I'm not the only one who has problems with DSPQ V5. Running in OSX 10.13.6 so it's not like I'm on an obsolete OSX version.

Thankfully I have Wavelab Elements to get my cd burning/mastering work done. And as far as waveform editing I've got iZotope RX7.
Old 8th November 2019
  #125
Gear Nut
 

DSP Quattro's latest version has been working FLAWLESSLY for me for my current CD assembly/mastering/burning project. And, it's an extremely complicated and challenging project, I might add -- 21 tracks, with all sorts of overlaps/crossfading etc.

I'm on Mojave.

Quattro has all the features I need, including a much more generous allowance for plugin instances (both on master channel and on individual tracks) than Wavelab Elements -- and, for me, a far more intuitive workflow.

I couldn't be happier with it. And honestly, I don't know what the alternative would be without spending a lot of $. As such -- I'd have to consider it a no-brainer if you need this functionality on Mac.

Thanks, Stefano!
Old 8th November 2019
  #126
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SongShark View Post
DSP Quattro's latest version has been working FLAWLESSLY for me for my current CD assembly/mastering/burning project. And, it's an extremely complicated and challenging project, I might add -- 21 tracks, with all sorts of overlaps/crossfading etc.

I'm on Mojave.

Quattro has all the features I need, including a much more generous allowance for plugin instances (both on master channel and on individual tracks) than Wavelab Elements -- and, for me, a far more intuitive workflow.

I couldn't be happier with it. And honestly, I don't know what the alternative would be without spending a lot of $. As such -- I'd have to consider it a no-brainer if you need this functionality on Mac.

Thanks, Stefano!
When you go to saving a project does it always save to where you pointed it to save to before? Doesn't for me and never has. This means you can never do a 'save' but to be sure you have to do a 'save as' and re-choose the place to save the project.

Have you tried saving presets for plugins you use inside the program and when you go to recall said preset from within the plugin it doesn't show in the plugin's preset chooser? Doesn't for me.

Both of the above are deal killers/workflow killers for me. I'm on High Sierra with the latest DSPQ5 update.

I don't need a whole lot of plugins on a track or in a project because by the time I get to cd burning everything is done save for maybe a little eq tweak and compression via just 2 plugins.

Oh yeah - and where is the bleeping pencil edit tool we were promised last year? MIA as far as I can see.

Almost forgot - the last couple of revisions of DSPQ5 don't always recall the window setup correctly for each project. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Not a deal killer as such but more of an annoyance that shouldn't happen.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #127
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
When you go to saving a project does it always save to where you pointed it to save to before? Doesn't for me and never has. This means you can never do a 'save' but to be sure you have to do a 'save as' and re-choose the place to save the project.

Have you tried saving presets for plugins you use inside the program and when you go to recall said preset from within the plugin it doesn't show in the plugin's preset chooser? Doesn't for me.

Both of the above are deal killers/workflow killers for me. I'm on High Sierra with the latest DSPQ5 update.

I don't need a whole lot of plugins on a track or in a project because by the time I get to cd burning everything is done save for maybe a little eq tweak and compression via just 2 plugins.

Oh yeah - and where is the bleeping pencil edit tool we were promised last year? MIA as far as I can see.

Almost forgot - the last couple of revisions of DSPQ5 don't always recall the window setup correctly for each project. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Not a deal killer as such but more of an annoyance that shouldn't happen.
No -- I am not experiencing any of the problems you describe. (And I don't miss/need a pencil tool for my usage of DSP Quattro.)

Like you -- I don't typically use a lot of plugins at this stage, but it's a useful option for the occasions when I want to. And I should mention that I particularly like the separate bus that's just for monitoring and not for burning -- for "monitor only" plugs like Sonarworks, Mixchecker, Adaptr AB, etc.

Quattro's been working solidly for me with precisely the feature set I need. I love it. Sorry to hear of your problems...
Old 4 weeks ago
  #128
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
When you go to saving a project does it always save to where you pointed it to save to before? Doesn't for me and never has. This means you can never do a 'save' but to be sure you have to do a 'save as' and re-choose the place to save the project.

Have you tried saving presets for plugins you use inside the program and when you go to recall said preset from within the plugin it doesn't show in the plugin's preset chooser? Doesn't for me.

Both of the above are deal killers/workflow killers for me. I'm on High Sierra with the latest DSPQ5 update.

I don't need a whole lot of plugins on a track or in a project because by the time I get to cd burning everything is done save for maybe a little eq tweak and compression via just 2 plugins.

Oh yeah - and where is the bleeping pencil edit tool we were promised last year? MIA as far as I can see.

Almost forgot - the last couple of revisions of DSPQ5 don't always recall the window setup correctly for each project. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Not a deal killer as such but more of an annoyance that shouldn't happen.
May I ask why you don't switch to another application?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #129
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oøt View Post
May I ask why you don't switch to another application?
I am using another application but I feel duped paying for something that doesn't work properly. That and I'm trying to warn people off of a program that has issues. I have DSPQ4 and thought DSPQ5 would be a good thing but it's a big step backwards from DSPQ4 in terms of being able to use it without being wary of what will go wrong next with DSPQ5. Imagine having a program that can't properly save something to where you pointed it to save before? Would YOU be happy with that? I think not.

I've tried working with Stefano on this but he's too dense to get it right. He just doesn't understand how people use his program. I don't think he does any public beta testing or else he would have been aware of the issues. It took me a good long while to get him to see that the way DSPQ5 initially drew waveforms wasn't right at useful magnifications inside the program. He's too focused on style and very little on substance.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #130
Gear Nut
 
sdaino's Avatar
 

Hello,

we have just released a new version 5.2.1, in MacOS Catalina there was a problem with the standard MacOS GUI for audio CD-ROM disc burning, it disappeared without any notice by Apple. Now version 5.2.1 uses its own GUI for audioCDROM burning, and it works fine again.

We fixed also some other minor bugs and we did several improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Imagine having a program that can't properly save something to where you pointed it to save before? Would YOU be happy with that? I think not.
I wouldn't, of course. But sincerely we never got a report of a bug about that at [email protected].

If you wish, please download the very last full version 5.2.1 from the user area to be synchronised with us.

Then, the normal procedure for saving is that DSP-Quattro starts with a new Untitled project and when you do File->Save for the very first time, it asks where to save your new Project. Then, if you reload that Project, every time you do a "Save" after some edits, it replaces exactly that Project, saving it on the HD exactly in the same position which you entered when you saved it the very first time.

Please do some steps to verify this. If it does something different, please write to me at [email protected] describing the steps you did and the unexpected result. It is our great interest to fix any problem DSP-Quattro will have, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
but I feel duped paying for something that doesn't work properly.
You are right, I understand and I agree on this. If you feel that you have not time to verify using the 5.2.1 the problem you had as I suggested above, please write to me at [email protected] to identify you as registered users, I'll immediately refund you.

Of course, it is not our interest to let you unsatisfied for having purchased our product.

Best
Stefano Daino
www.dsp-quattro.com
Old 4 weeks ago
  #131
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaino View Post
Hello,

we have just released a new version 5.2.1, in MacOS Catalina there was a problem with the standard MacOS GUI for audio CD-ROM disc burning, it disappeared without any notice by Apple. Now version 5.2.1 uses its own GUI for audioCDROM burning, and it works fine again.

We fixed also some other minor bugs and we did several improvements.
Stefano, do you recommend updating for those still working on Mojave and not encountering any issues? Is there a list of the improvements?

Thanks! (And thanks for continuing to keep DSP Quattro current!)
Old 4 weeks ago
  #132
Gear Nut
 
sdaino's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SongShark View Post
Stefano, do you recommend updating for those still working on Mojave and not encountering any issues?
YES please do it. It is also a maintenance release. Please be always updated when, starting DSP-Quattro, it warns you about a new available version.

Don't worry, we are not as Apple releasing a new MacOS major version...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SongShark View Post
(And thanks for continuing to keep DSP Quattro current!)
Thank you very much for using DSP-Quattro!

If you have requirements, suggestions, or if you need assistance, do not hesitate to write at [email protected].

There are tons of new features on the way...

Best
Stefano Daino
www.dsp-quattro.com
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump