The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
HoRNet releases ThirtyOne – 1/3 Octave Spectrum Analyzer and Auto EQ Equalizer Plugins
Old 6th June 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola_Tesla View Post
I have to say that even Ozone's neutron 2 sounds better then this thing... Tried 2 versions of it and I have to say that every version is a little bi polar in a different way!

If you're a serieus engineer or artists that wants something reliable i would pass on this plugin.
They are two different animals. I own both and love both. But if you expect this to do what Neutron does you’re going to be disappointed.
Old 6th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I have to say that even Ozone's neutron 2 sounds better then this thing... Tried 2 versions of it and I have to say that every version is a little bi polar in a different way!

If you're a serieus engineer or artists that wants something reliable i would pass on this plugin.
Nikola_Tesla
Gear Head

HoRNet releases ThirtyOne – 1/3 Octave Spectrum Analyzer and Auto EQ
Great plugin!! I've just bought it after playing with it for 10 minutes.
Old 6th June 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_bond View Post
Nikola_Tesla
Gear Head

HoRNet releases ThirtyOne – 1/3 Octave Spectrum Analyzer and Auto EQ
Great plugin!! I've just bought it after playing with it for 10 minutes.
Yup and after trying it in the "real world" I've asked for a refund. Like i said, not reliable...
Old 6th June 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
They are two different animals. I own both and love both. But if you expect this to do what Neutron does you’re going to be disappointed.
Fair point! Al though Neutron's "automix feature". Is kinda doing this with it's EQ or am i wrong?
Old 6th June 2018
Lives for gear

I don't find Neutron's automix feature to be terribly reliable either...
Old 6th June 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Fair point! Al though Neutron's "automix feature". Is kinda doing this with it's EQ or am i wrong?
These are different. Neutron (as I understand it) finds peaks to tame while also applying a preset it determines from the material

31 smooths things out. And does it differently. It seems to be more precise and subtle while also getting better results.
Old 6th June 2018
Gear Head

Quote:

If you're a serieus engineer or artist that wants something reliable i would pass on this plugin.
It is a curious plugin. With music being dynamic some of the 'decisions' it makes need tweaking to taste. Zynaptiq's Unfilter has a learn function which helps it stay more on task with linearization of the material. If that plugin had sliders for the bands to tweak post processing I would be in heaven (it does have a lot of functions to adjust the processing...I just find the sliders in 31 to be intuitive).

I am looking forward to the updates to see how the eq improves. I find it incredibly good at finishing off drum OHs and Room mics. In continuous mode on synths is really cool...sort like Surfer EQ...though that plug is great on bass.

I agree this one is not perfected yet. But I've found uses for it where it outshines more expensive 'serious' plugs.
Old 7th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromRVA View Post
Because curiosity always gets me thinking...how would 31 react to pink noise? Familiar curve!
:D

What you see is the EQ offset aded to the gain value calculated for each band.

In the new version I'm working on you'll be able to specify a custom offset and also disable it completely and get the pure AutoEQ adjusted curve (that actually doesn't sound that good, especially on the extremes of the spectrum)

Saverio
Old 9th June 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragile Gods View Post
In StudioOne, I normally work at 96kHz/32 bit Float. ThirtyOne is taking about 20% of the CPU even with the analyzer display disabled. This is causing crackles for my project which was already pushing the CPU. I am not sure if this would be usable given the CPU load. I am guessing it is oversampling just as much as if I were working at 44.1kHz.
@saverio: Any chance of addressing the CPU issue?
Old 9th June 2018
Lives for gear

@saverio.
Would it be possible to have the amount dial still be active after a static curve has been set and turn to off?
Also please add controller mapping for each band. It would make customisation of the curve much better.
Old 9th June 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
@saverio.
Would it be possible to have the amount dial still be active after a static curve has been set and turn to off?
+1
Old 10th June 2018
Lives for gear

Great work
Purchased.
Old 11th June 2018
Lives for gear

Ditto, this is a killer plugin.

BTW, what was it about the initial release that is different from the latest version, regarding the auto-eq feature that is.
Old 11th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post

BTW, what was it about the initial release that is different from the latest version, regarding the auto-eq feature that is.
It has a more vibrant, colourful, "juicy" sound that some of us fell in love with. The latest version is more "correct" and neutral sounding. Some preferred the new version. Apparently both types of Auto-EQ are going to be available in the next update to keep both camps happy.
Old 12th June 2018
Lives for gear

Thanks, looking forward to the update in that case.

I kinda feel like I'm cheating when I activate auto eq.... but man, does it save me some time. And I suspect it's generating a sound that I wouldnt have been able to achieve with my usual eq plugs/dynamic eqs/multiband compressors.
Old 14th June 2018
I just downloaded and installed the new 1.2.0 update. Will have a chance to use it this morning. I appreciate you, Saverio.
Old 14th June 2018
Gear Nut

Added option to use old 1.0.0 algorithm for AutoEQ
Fixed “AutoEQ Amount” knob not always updating every band
Added option to set a custom compensation curve or none
Improve AutoEQ accuracy updating faders for every small gain change

Thanks Siverio!
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

This update rocks! Great job Saverio, you really listened, took all the feedback and have made an awesome plugin. Great stuff
Old 14th June 2018
I appreciate the efforts, but for me the 1.0.0 is still different and the autoeq sounds better.

1.2.0 VST3 still doesn't recall in Studio One V3, VST2 is fine.

Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

Trying to download the update from my user account I get a “You are not authorised to view this page” message.
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

Same here, Saverio must be tweaking something
Old 14th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Same here.
Old 14th June 2018
Gear Guru
Cleaning out the loot and heading to the bank!!!! (I hope)..... What a great developer..... Viva Italia! between him and SKNote. Excellent tools at insane value pricing...!
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

Attempting to download every five minutes
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear
If I buy this, can I still download version 1.0.0?
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

unfortunately no, but you can find it on black market for A Hundred or so
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblack View Post
unfortunately no, but you can find it on black market for A Hundred or so
Old 14th June 2018
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
If I buy this, can I still download version 1.0.0?
I think the update has both? See above....
Old 14th June 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiodistortion View Post
I appreciate the efforts, but for me the 1.0.0 is still different and the autoeq sounds better.

1.2.0 VST3 still doesn't recall in Studio One V3, VST2 is fine.

After reading this I would like to try 1.0.0 and decide for myself.
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
Trying to download the update from my user account I get a “You are not authorised to view this page” message.
Same here.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search