The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
HoRNet releases ThirtyOne – 1/3 Octave Spectrum Analyzer and Auto EQ Equalizer Plugins
Old 7th July 2018
Lives for gear

Integration time (INT time) governs frequency analyzer recovery according to website. But also the speed at which auto eq reacts to incoming signal?

E.g. an integration time of .25s magnitude faders are flying around much quicker than an integration time of 4s.
Old 10th July 2018
Gear Head

I found a graphic bug when using ThirtyOne with a computer monitor connected via thunderbolt.

I get a green glitch line across the yellow faders on the plugin that extends past the plugin to the right all the way to the boarder of the monitor screen. I run a dual monitor setup and the other monitor is connected via HDMI and has no issues whatsoever.

Mac OS 10.12 on a 2012 15 inch retina MBP. MBP is closed and only running output through my external monitors.
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Maniac

A question for owners of this plugin. I'm very tempted to pick this up, especially since it's 50% off now. But i'm not sure where i would use it in my workflow.

Do you use ThirtyOne on tracks or busses?
And as a go-to eq, or a "tool" to check your existing eq?
Or does it just go on the master to check the whole mix?

Also, on cpu usage. When inserted and when it has done it's calculating, does the cpu usage go down? Or does it keep calculating continuously?

Sorry for the many questions.

Last edited by zeep; 13th July 2018 at 04:50 PM..
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeep View Post
A question for owners of this plugin. I'm very tempted to pick this up, especially since it's 50% off now. But i'm not sure where i would use it in my workflow.

Do you use ThirtyOne on tracks or busses?
And as a go-to eq, or a "tool" to check your existing eq?
Or does it just go on the master to check the whole mix?

Also, on cpu usage. When inserted and when it has done it's calculating, does the cpu usage go down? Or does it keep calculating continuously?

Sorry for the many questions.
So I'm using it right now at the end of busses (guitars, bass, drums etc) to do a final polish, if necessary. I put it on, select Static and let it run. Once it's settled down, I turn the Auto EQ off thus leaving the calculated EQ in place and reducing the CPU consumption by about 70%.

We shouldn't forget that it is actually a 31 band graphic EQ as well, and so we can manually tune it as necessary. But, I've only had this for a few days myself so still getting to grips with how best to use it. It definitely took out a rather unpleasant midrange on my guitars that I didn't notice until I bypassed ThirtyOne!
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Once it's settled down, I turn the Auto EQ off thus leaving the calculated EQ in place and reducing the CPU consumption by about 70%

Isn't the idea to keep auto eq on so that each eq band is continually adjusting to become more balanced.

That's the special sauce.
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
Isn't the idea to keep auto eq on so that each eq band is continually adjusting to become more balanced.

If it's like the meter plug in it reads the track and then you freeze it as it took an overall reading, if you change something, you'd read the track again. I need to buy this to use it, but I think that's what it sounds like. Great developer!
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post

Yes if the source material is changed or adjusted but you will notice after a run through that it doesn't do any further adjusting if you haven't changed anything outside the Hornet. A good application for leaving Auto EQ on would be for instance a broadcast where the source material is different and changing all the time.
Old 14th July 2018
Lives for gear

Hi, continuous mode has been developed exactly to fit the master chain for broadcasting

When using it myself I place it on the master bus in static mode with 4s integration time to give a general tone shaping.

I may use it in continuous mode with 0.25s integration time to adjust strange synth sounds with very weird frequency peaks.

Saverio
Old 19th July 2018
Lives for gear

Thank you Saverio for this tool!
Love it.
Old 20th July 2018
Gear Head

Hi, Saverio,
First, let me say I LOVE THIS EQ!! I used it for about 10 seconds on an acoustic guitar track and W.O.W...

So, i find this in the Pro Tools plugin category 'Other.' Can you make it so it falls under the 'EQ' category in the Pro Tools plugin list?
Old 20th July 2018
Lives for gear

Oh, so it appears in"Other"...... I couldn't find it under "EQ", so I just moved on to the "Manufacturers" list instead.
Old 20th July 2018
Gear Nut

Another very satisfied customer. I waited for the dust to settle around the first few versions and let others do the testing, lol. After posts here slowed down, I assumed most issues were resolved. Purchased without demo based on the concept and the good folks of gearslutz. And they were right! Seems like a trick but it really does make things clearer somehow and on other things, tells me I might need to do some more work. I use very few plugins ever,... but I have a feeling, that this one is going to be a main go-to for a long time. As others have said, thanks! Cheers.
Old 15th August 2018
Gear Addict

This is a really useful & usable tool, thank you Saverio, you've delivered again!

Updated version 1.2.3 has just been released:
- Fixed EQ sliders not resetting to 0 automatically when "Auto EQ" is set to continuous and playbacks is stopped
- Fixed issues with saving and loading state in Wavelab
- Fixed issues with background rendering ins Wavelab
- "EQ Amount" knob now scales the faders level also if "Auto EQ" is disabled
- Compensation EQ curve is now showed only if "Auto EQ" is activated​

ThirtyOne currently has 40% off (August 15th - 17th).
Old 17th August 2018
Gear Addict

1.2.4 update yesterday:

Quote:
If you have experienced weird issues when enabling AutoEQ this release will fix your problems

The new 1.2.4 version is a maintenance release and includes:

Fixed EQ initialisation in VST that caused the analyser to go fully into red and the audio to mute
Improved accuracy in peak detection for each analyser band (also improving AutoEQ accuracy)

Am I the only one who wishes they could hold the mouse button down and freely "draw" curves on the sliders, ala Waves Graphic EQ "drag/draw" option?
Old 18th August 2018
Lives for gear
Bought this w/o demoing it. On vacation and wanted to take advantage of the sale. Everything I’ve bought from Hornet punches way above it’s weight. This is an exciting tool, I’ve been wanting something like Soothe and think this and Soundbrigade will be cool.....
Old 18th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy View Post
1.2.4 update yesterday:

Am I the only one who wishes they could hold the mouse button down and freely "draw" curves on the sliders, ala Waves Graphic EQ "drag/draw" option?
This is planned for the future, not that simple to make right now, it requires some redesign of the faders logic...

Saverio
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search