Old 14th January 2020
Lives for gear

v6.4 is out, wonder what is new?
Old 14th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
v6.4 is out, wonder what is new?
Vocalstrip has been updated ... the new version 6.4 also has vocalstrip2 ... that’s the only change.
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Addict

Interesting that the new v6.4 manual has omitted all information about the Channelstrip shelf curves (which afaik it has always had and even since Duende), after it was confirmed to me a few months ago that they were buggy and not as advertised (e.g. The G shelves do not have the pre-boost/dip overshoots).

So I hope this is a sign for an upcoming Channelstrip 2 with fixed curves and hopefully decramped as well like X-EQ2 as it really needs some love!
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Nut

The new Vocalstrip 2 is a marked improvement over the old one. The De-Esser is vastly improved, and the EQ seems to be way better suited to vocals (not sure if it's changed in any way or if I'm just perceiving it differently). Great work SSL!
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Addict

Why has the installer been rolled back to v6.3 and Vocalstrip 2 vanished with the new-look website? Not to mention what's supposed to be the Vocalstrip demo video on the page is actually the X-Saturator video. This is literally the one plugin sub I'm interested in... why do they keep messing it up
Old 27th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouroki View Post
Why has the installer been rolled back to v6.3 and Vocalstrip 2 vanished with the new-look website? Not to mention what's supposed to be the Vocalstrip demo video on the page is actually the X-Saturator video. This is literally the one plugin sub I'm interested in... why do they keep messing it up
I have no idea why the installer is back to v6.3... I have the v6.4 installed on my system(s)... All working well in PT, Cubase and Studio One here.

PS. That said, I have 7 of the SSL Native plugins, but NOT the Vocalstrip (1 or 2)... So I have no clue as of where or why the v2 are hiding. Hmmm?
Old 4 weeks ago
nkf
Lives for gear

I cannot find the 6.4 version described or as a download anywhere on the SSL site - what happened?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkf View Post
I cannot find the 6.4 version described or as a download anywhere on the SSL site - what happened?
It was pulled back... for whatever reason
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

@ Jim

Today i was testing channels strips during a beta and fired the duende , i really struggle to see GR on high reso screen , i said to myself , i don't remeber struggling that way on V5 = Bingo , you guyz managed to get it less visible and less big lol

Please consider resize of the GUI and more contrast maybe on GR leds for comp and gate .

Thks
Attached Thumbnails
SSL releases Native V6 plug-ins-ssl-duende-2.jpg   SSL releases Native V6 plug-ins-ssl-duende.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search