The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
LOC-NESS Drums Processing Plugin by Tone Empire Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 18th May 2018
  #31
Gear Maniac
 
gdayal9's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
How strange, I wonder why some people feel the need to vent their anger and frustrations at strangers. Perhaps he has personal problems that he is unable to resolve and they manifest on forums such as this.

Anyway, back to the plugin - keep doing what you're good at, G. I like the fact you do things your way. Enjoy what you do and for those of us that like your philosophy, we'll enjoy the fruits of your hard work
Thank you C! means lot
Old 18th May 2018
  #32
Gear Guru
Good lord, nice way to crap all over a great product announcement! Makes as much sense as making fun of the silly names people use for their avatar......!
What utter nonsense....You can tell amateurs who have never launched a product, by the total lack of respect and nit picking they give someone, who is actually trying to live their dream...... These guys do great work with this (and Goliath)... They could name something "Daves Skivvies" and I'd use it....!
Old 18th May 2018
  #33
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdayal9 View Post
Yes sir, did not expect this, I also received a fairly aggressive pm.
I appreciate your support and from others too. I love this forum but sometimes we get people who assume too much and force their opinion on others. Its a shame.
Not just you......been PM'd by this maroon also.... a shame you have a great product and definitely some great thinking behind it! There are pros on here and don't let some kid in a basement, put you off!
Old 18th May 2018
  #34
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Good lord, nice way to crap all over a great product announcement! Makes as much sense as making fun of the silly names people use for their avatar......!
What utter nonsense....You can tell amateurs who have never launched a product, by the total lack of respect and nit picking they give someone, who is actually trying to live their dream...... These guys do great work with this (and Goliath)... They could name something "Daves Skivvies" and I'd use it....!
What baffles me most of all when I see this kind of behavior on this site is that we are all presumably artists of one kind or another here. As an artist more than anyone else one should understand what it feels like to create something and be completely vulnerable by releasing it to the general public and then have this thing you are passionate about be callously ripped to shreds by someone who doesn't get it. To perpetuate that behavior from that perspective is just something I don't understand.
I guess it has something to do with the way many people feel some strange urge to feign expertise online so they don the persona of some stereotypical critic or something. Again, I just think it's completely antithetical to who we are as artists and everytime I see it I think wow, how would you feel if you posted your music and received this kind of viciousness as feedback?
Old 18th May 2018
  #35
Lives for gear
 
galaydees's Avatar
 

Tough feedback. It happens in a field filled with subjectivity. ‘You suck’ comes with the territory. Best to ignore and prove haters wrong.
Old 18th May 2018
  #36
Gee
Lives for gear
 
Gee's Avatar
So....... this thing sounds pretty good though
Old 18th May 2018
  #37
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
Tough feedback. It happens in a field filled with subjectivity. ‘You suck’ comes with the territory. Best to ignore and prove haters wrong.
That would be fine if we were actually talking about how this thing sounds. Developers get one shot at an announcement and they've put themselves on the line, big time. These guys do good work and having some yahoo hound their announcement with BS, is embarrassing......with the emphasis on assing....
Old 19th May 2018
  #38
Lives for gear
 

Oh no! Gearslutz had finally turned out to be a "communication dumpster" like Facebook, and others...!!
Old 19th May 2018
  #39
Lives for gear
 

I was interested in buying but no comments on how it sounds? Everybody should ignore this idiot and stay on topic. Don't feed the trolls.
Old 19th May 2018
  #40
Lives for gear
 
Dusty Angel's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
I was interested in buying but no comments on how it sounds? Everybody should ignore this idiot and stay on topic. Don't feed the trolls.
+1
Old 19th May 2018
  #41
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdayal9 View Post
Hi folks, we have just released our latest plugin - LOC-NESS
This supports VST, AU and AAX platforms on OS X. WIN



Check out the promo:

https://youtu.be/4-d1zpl6_mU"

What does it do ?
Drums…, the most crucial part of of your mix that can make or break a track.
For decades pro engineers have used various combinations of compressors, pre-amps ,eq’s and saturation to make styles of sounds that stand out. Not just a compressor or eq, Loc-Ness is the mystical plugin that brings all the right controls and colors for drums to your workstation .
This is a dedicated channel designed for processing Individual Drum Hits, The room sound, and the entire drum bus.

The Crust Control is for dialing in 4 modes of saturation from "clean" to "heavy"
The Smash control is a limiter deigned for sustaining the sounds.

A Filter section lets you zone into the spectrum that you want to process and leaves the rest of the signal alone. This when tweaked using the wet and dry controls can lead to very precise processing of your sounds. There is also a phase invert switch between the wet and dry controls , this further adds more functionality to the plugin.

Download a trial version here:
https://tone-empire.com/shop/locness/

Here are some Soundcloud demos:
So, is it like an old level loc but with more features?
Old 21st May 2018
  #42
Gear Maniac
 
gdayal9's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
So, is it like an old level loc but with more features?
That was the initial direction of development , yes
Old 24th May 2018
  #43
Lives for gear
 
Taurean's Avatar
I had some time and fun playing with this today. I can see the direction of Level loc with Loc-ness but with a twist. Loc-ness is more texturized, it's got this crunch factor while you blow up the signal. There's a nice cripsy edge to it, and the further you push it the crunchier it gets but it's not a high freq thing. The added filters and features also give this a new level of color. AND don't forget to sculpt your sound with EQ going into it. Phenomenal distortion.
Old 25th May 2018
  #44
Gee
Lives for gear
 
Gee's Avatar
Yup this thing is fun to work with. I have a feeling that it will Make most of my mixes like Goliath.
Old 25th May 2018
  #45
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
I had some time and fun playing with this today. I can see the direction of Level loc with Loc-ness but with a twist. Loc-ness is more texturized, it's got this crunch factor while you blow up the signal. There's a nice cripsy edge to it, and the further you push it the crunchier it gets but it's not a high freq thing. The added filters and features also give this a new level of color. AND don't forget to sculpt your sound with EQ going into it. Phenomenal distortion.
Agreed. Add in some Dry signal and it gets really interesting.
Old 25th May 2018
  #46
Gear Maniac
 
Oni.'s Avatar
Someone can compare it to Devil Loc from Soundtoys?
Old 25th May 2018
  #47
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni. View Post
Someone can compare it to Devil Loc from Soundtoys?
Devil Loc seems to get into distortion very quickly whereas Loc-ness can be used for more subtle distortion. With Devil Loc, it's hard to get something that sounds thicker without overt distortion. You can also get lots of distortion with Loc-ness, especially if you use the Smash knob. The other main difference is that Loc-ness has 4 variation buttons that vary the basic sound of the unit.
Old 25th May 2018
  #48
Gee
Lives for gear
 
Gee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsBot View Post
Devil Loc seems to get into distortion very quickly whereas Loc-ness can be used for more subtle distortion. With Devil Loc, it's hard to get something that sounds thicker without overt distortion. You can also get lots of distortion with Loc-ness, especially if you use the Smash knob. The other main difference is that Loc-ness has 4 variation buttons that vary the basic sound of the unit.
I would agree, I use devil loc alot and love it but its kinda one thing. Loc ness however seems to have much more possibilities. Im quite enjoying taping into this tool. Cant wait for their next plug!
Old 26th May 2018
  #49
Gear Maniac
 
gdayal9's Avatar
 

I am really thankful to all the people who have commented on this post. Its nice to know that a product can be talked about for its abilities, and finally the intention of the product has been understood Small companies like us benefit from useful feedback and encouragement. It helps us learn and grow.
Old 26th May 2018
  #50
Lives for gear
 

I reached say this plugin is great in drums. Most of all your plugins are great. Keep up the great work. Would like to see your take on some compressors
Old 27th May 2018
  #51
Gear Addict
 

How does this compare to Live 10's Drum Bus? This plugin comes close to it in a way, with functions like "crush" and "smash".
Old 2 days ago
  #52
Gear Maniac
 
gdayal9's Avatar
 

Hi folks, so the updates are here, we've added a few things after user feedback.

Hope you enjoy the updates

Free to all customers and also running on sale at the moment for folks who wanted these plugins .

Grab em here:
Tone Empire - High End Plugins for Music Producers & Mix Engineers


Goliath 1.1 update features:

1) Now introduces a new mode 2, this makes the processor “less” sensitive” and allows very subtle and accurate dialing in of saturation via the input/drive controls.

2) The 3 Saturation modes are now "clickable" in addition to the knob control for selection.


Locness 1.1 update features:

1) Now introduces a new mode 2, this makes the processor “less” sensitive” and allows very subtle and accurate dialing in of saturation via the crust controls, and also “less” smashing with the smash control.

2) The Lp/HP Filters have been "skewed" to accommodate more gradual frequency controls near the extreme positions.
Old 2 days ago
  #53
Gee
Lives for gear
 
Gee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdayal9 View Post
Hi folks, so the updates are here, we've added a few things after user feedback.

Hope you enjoy the updates

Free to all customers and also running on sale at the moment for folks who wanted these plugins .

Grab em here:
Tone Empire - High End Plugins for Music Producers & Mix Engineers


Goliath 1.1 update features:

1) Now introduces a new mode 2, this makes the processor “less” sensitive” and allows very subtle and accurate dialing in of saturation via the input/drive controls.

2) The 3 Saturation modes are now "clickable" in addition to the knob control for selection.


Locness 1.1 update features:

1) Now introduces a new mode 2, this makes the processor “less” sensitive” and allows very subtle and accurate dialing in of saturation via the crust controls, and also “less” smashing with the smash control.

2) The Lp/HP Filters have been "skewed" to accommodate more gradual frequency controls near the extreme positions.
Thanks for the updates! Will these play nice with sessions that had the previous version running? I’ve got Goliath and locness all over the place.

Thanks!
Old 2 days ago
  #54
Gear Maniac
 
gdayal9's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Thanks for the updates! Will these play nice with sessions that had the previous version running? I’ve got Goliath and locness all over the place.

Thanks!
Yes should work fine, the plugin will default to mode 1, which is the orginal mode
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump