The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
IK Multimedia Uno Synthesizer Keyboard Controllers
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedberg View Post
I already linked on the previous page. But to clarify: isn’t it clear that they are going to SHIFT the way the PARADIGM synth works? Either by better computer control or with a physical board with knobs and buttons?
Actually, we intended it as a paradigm shift for IK (since you know what it is, you know we've never made this type of product before so hopefully that makes sense). But I like your way of thinking too. Dang. I guess that works too, but full disclosure that wasn't how we intended it but I may have to co-opt that interpretation a bit too if correct
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by re5etuk View Post
ok , i get the marketing blurb is perhaps over the top , but i dont get the negativity for a new product from a long time developer that isnt even out yet.
i wonder if the equivalent conversations are happening on car forums which claim to change your entire life , or perfume forums.

yes its a synth...looks quite small , sounds like it does resonance and arps.
it if doesnt stand out, it wont sell and people will move on with their life and hopefully IK can continue to employ people and run a business.
or maybe others can try and develop their own synth that does everything they feel is missing .

sorry to rant...i appreciate its a forum for discussion ,
I think people just generally find teasers and hype rather tiresome anymore.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by asynchro_nous View Post
Some do, some are having fun with it. All's fair either way, of course.
Old 1st May 2018
mp3
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah well negative attention is still attention.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, it kindof borders on the childish and definitely smells of astroturf.
Reminds me of those animators you get in holiday reservations.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
Some do, some are having fun with it. All's fair either way, of course.
It can be very fun if the clues along the way are interesting.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
It can be very fun if the clues along the way are interesting.
In this case, there were many who thought the clues were very interesting. They looked beyond a phrase or two and at the evolving photographic clues and the video clues and really dug in and enjoyed the process.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

I have to say I thought this was one of the most friendly tease/clues.
1 - only 1 week until revealing the product
2 - the released photos offered plenty of clues, so it wasn't too hard to get a decent idea about the actual product.

Most Companies with long-standing products/lines use words like 'leading'. Nothing new about using the word 'leading' and they may be leaders within their product price range (I am not going to spend time investigating this)

Paradigm shift... well, even if it is only in reference to actually IK shifting from Software to Hardware (at least for this product) it would be a paradigm shift for them right? So... yeah maybe no shifting for the user but still shifting for some one

All I want to know tomorrow is... does it sound good, does it look and feel inspiring and screams Touch Me?
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokut View Post
All I want to know tomorrow is... does it sound good, does it look and feel inspiring and screams Touch Me?
Will you be at Superbooth? You can definitely touch it (if it indeed screams "touch me" for you) there.
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Maniac

If this is yet another of the gazillion softwares around, then I'll be out

Nothing "paradigm shift" if it's more of the same

HARDWARE would be interesting
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponkine View Post
If this is yet another of the gazillion softwares around, then I'll be out

Nothing "paradigm shift" if it's more of the same

HARDWARE would be interesting
It is a shift for us. I do think you'll find it interesting, check out the background image on the -1 photo I posted.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

An edible groovebox made from cornstarch and organic printed circuitry?
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
An edible groovebox made from cornstarch and organic printed circuitry?
I guess I'll have to come clean and admit we're releasing the "BeatMe EatMe Groovebox" - we'll have all the proper approvals in order before Superbooth so visitors can really sink their teeth into this new exciting release!
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Will you be at Superbooth? You can definitely touch it (if it indeed screams "touch me" for you) there.
I was going to but something stopped me... still a slight chance am I make it but only a slim chance, if I do I will come and check it out for sure
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokut View Post
I was going to but something stopped me... still a slight chance am I make it but only a slim chance, if I do I will come and check it out for sure
I hope you do but I'm sure whatever stopped you was a more than valid reason. Hope it wasn't something bad :(
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I hope you do but I'm sure whatever stopped you was a more than valid reason. Hope it wasn't something bad :(
Thank you, no it wasn't too bad, just annoying... I was about to purchase flight and hotel booking for Berlin... at least I was stopped before buying tickets.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimS View Post
I really hope that's just a bad photoshop mockup and not the actual device considering your ENV section has attack, decay, attack, and release. Talk about a paradigm shift: the first synth with an ADAR envelope!
Look closer, it's two envelopes: AD for Filter, AR for Amplitude.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
Even I'll admit that's a bit hard to see, though, especially with the way there are elements overlaying each other in that background.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Even I'll admit that's a bit hard to see, though, especially with the way there are elements overlaying each other in that background.
Yeah, I couldn't really see it until the -2 picture appeared in high resolution on Facebook, but I'd guessed even before that because having two envelopes is the simplest way to explain the presence of of two attack parameters. The alternative interpretations were either a big misprint, a bit late into the game for that to happen, or some weird envelope with two attacks, but looking at the synth as a whole there's no reason for it to have that, and it wouldn't fit what is generally a simple architecture.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Good call; I stand corrected. Still it would've been cool for people who LOVE attack and really don't care about their tones sustaining. Like the synth version of the amp that goes to 11.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I already linked on the previous page. But to clarify: isn’t it clear that they are going to SHIFT the way the PARADIGM synth works? Either by better computer control or with a physical board with knobs and buttons?
The possibility of them using technology similar to the Paradigm synth crossed my mind but there was nothing solid to support it, as in I couldn't spot anything in the audio demos or on the interface that would hint at such an important shape changing ability. (The leak didn't mention anything like that either, as far as I'm aware). Contrast with the Roland System synths that have an obvious "Plug-Out" button.

So, although there are some things I'm still unclear on, I would be surprised if they've managed to keep that under wraps at this point.
Old 1st May 2018
Quote:
The possibility of them using technology similar to the Paradigm synth crossed my mind but there was nothing solid to support it, as in I couldn't spot anything in the audio demos or on the interface that would hint at such an important shape changing ability. (The leak didn't mention anything like that either, as far as I'm aware). Contrast with the Roland System synths that have an obvious "Plug-Out" button.

So, although there are some things I'm still unclear on, I would be surprised if they've managed to keep that under wraps at this point.
Well, at least I got Peter at IK to say he likes the way I was thinking
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Regarding the tease campaign:
- 7 days is nice and sweet.
- That "Paradigm" word ended up being a big fat distraction. I'd try and avoid any "offensive" words like that in the future, the ensuing arguing is annoying.
- By T-5 or so we (well, I did) already had a good idea of what this was because we had an overview of the interface, with audio demos and context (Superbooth, synthy event) to support it. So everything after that was just figuring out finer details, not that much suspense.

I would have gone the other way around, as in save the big picture for the end and build my way up there. You want every little tease to reveal something but also hint at more, leaving room for imagination to go wild. Don't give the plot away too early.

edit: that said, you have to give that big picture away early otherwise people for whom this is relevant won't know about it. Then you retain interest with the special something about it, which in this case would be the "paradigm shift", but that was eventually cleared up as being something new for IK and not really something new in the product (unless there's a final twist I haven't spotted yet). There's nothing inherently special about IK doing this (AFAIK), compare to say Behringer and his market changing power, so there wasn't much to built up to.

Anyway, I'm not a marketing expert. I still had fun with this.

I don't know how IK releases products in general but hopefully they've done their homework and we'll have all the info and a good amount of demos available by "midnight" tonight, assuming things don't leak before.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, at least I got Peter at IK to say he likes the way I was thinking
I'm sorry to hear that your bar is set so low

Quote:
I don't know how IK releases products in general but hopefully they've done their homework and we'll have all the info and a good amount of demos available by "midnight" tonight, assuming things don't leak before.
Glad you put midnight in quotes. This should be timed a bit more toward Superbooth and the folks we have already over in Berlin so stay tuned. It won't be long. I should have my "day zero" photo posted around pretty late (technically early) my time (EST).
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Lol just browsing quikly the thread , i learned more about lexical than the actual thingy lol

Personnaly i like the direction taken by ik since few months / years , after their "i" waggon , back in bizness with some serious stuff ( not saying that the i thing is not) ... not a fan of how some tools on are implemented, but sound and quality wise : solid .

Last edited by Jeezo; 1st May 2018 at 11:02 PM..
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Lol just browsing quikly the thread , i learned more about lexical than the actual thingy lol

Personnaly i like the direction taken by ik since few months / years , after their "i" waggon , back in bizness with some serious stuff ( not saying that the i thing is not) ... not a fan of some tools are implemented by sound and quality wise : solid .
Thanks! This one has a great sound too, and is different for us so I hope you like it!
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Nut

When will it be revealed, finally?
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks! This one has a great sound too, and is different for us so I hope you like it!
I m confident like i said ( edited my post lol to make it clearer) , the key will be interfacing and implementation ...syntronic and amplitube for exemple are exellent but stuff could me make to make em funnier to use ...
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Maniac

What does a paradigm shift cost these days?
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pquinn View Post
What does a paradigm shift cost these days?
Don't know ,but sounds like a good name for a Maschine Expansion lol
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search