The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
IK Multimedia Uno Synthesizer Keyboard Controllers
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear
Eight letters. Begins with P.
Old 30th April 2018
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
Nope. The context of how this is a paradigm shift should be clear once the details are released about what exactly this is. Though some may already know what it is from certain information that popped up early... I'd expect they do fully understand in what context we state there's a paradigm shift. Not sure all would admit they realize what we meant know though
Groovebox?
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear
Paradigm shift. Again? Yawn.
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Not sure all would admit they realize what we meant know though
You Know... I think some will get it for sure

Hints are fun.
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rosebrook View Post
You Know... I think some will get it for sure

Hints are fun.
Some who have seen it unexpectedly should for sure
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Its a tube powered Tuner! Paradigm Shift!!!
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

The industry leader in dinosaur logos is unveiling a brand new dinosaur logo, folks.

Can’t wait!
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

A countdown and only 4 pages at GS, nothing is getting shifted hahaha
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
A countdown and only 4 pages at GS, nothing is getting shifted hahaha
It is indeed a paradigm shift for IK. That should make it pretty obvious when combined with the clues we've given. There's very active conversation and interest, mainly on social media and a couple of other forums (the Audiobus forum did the best detective work, and it isn't even a mobile device/accessory/app so I feel a bit bad but I think they'll enjoy it too in the end).

We've also got a full schedule of folks (including Gearslutz) who clamored to make sure they could stop by at Superbooth and get video coverage so I'm not too worried about "only four pages" here
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
The industry leader in dinosaur logos is unveiling a brand new dinosaur logo, folks.

Can’t wait!
Second try, slightly better than the first. I hope to be here to witness when you hit the bullseye with your best material. If not, there's always next time.
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Maniac
Completely abandoning software and becoming a dedicated analog synth manufacturer.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

A voice sampling hair dryer for beards?

Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Second try, slightly better than the first. I hope to be here to witness when you hit the bullseye with your best material. If not, there's always next time.
Oh, I thought you said something...
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
It is indeed a paradigm shift for IK. That should make it pretty obvious when combined with the clues we've given. There's very active conversation and interest, mainly on social media and a couple of other forums (the Audiobus forum did the best detective work, and it isn't even a mobile device/accessory/app so I feel a bit bad but I think they'll enjoy it too in the end).

We've also got a full schedule of folks (including Gearslutz) who clamored to make sure they could stop by at Superbooth and get video coverage so I'm not too worried about "only four pages" here
You never change Peter, it is shame there is no paradigm switch in that hahaha.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

... ugh please don’t be a synth
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

So what does "Scoop" do?

IK Multimedia Uno Synthesizer-whatascoop.png

These performance buttons let you punch in some modulation, similar to the Novation "Animate" or Nord "Impulse Morph" features but simpler.

Can hear Vibr(ato), Wah, and Trem(olo) in one of the audio teasers, they do what you'd expect. "Dive" is likely some kind of pitch dive bomb but "Scoop"? I'd guess it's some form of pitch bend but that seems like a stretch. I can't connect that word to anything relevant. Maybe it's a guitar thing I'm not aware of.

I also wonder if these can be recorded into the sequencer...and what kind of sequencer is it anyway?

@ Peter - IK : btw I can't find the longer video clue number 8 that's supposed to be on Facebook.
Attached Thumbnails
IK Multimedia Uno Synthesizer-whatascoop.png  
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear
I just shifted my pants!
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Nut

Mabye a guitar to synth device ?
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyBee View Post
Mabye a guitar to synth device ?
I think we're getting closer here...
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

There are times I should just know better than to see the neeners running rampant around here...
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

The world's most comprehensive collection of modelled DI boxes?

Air-conditioning noise from famous studios, lavishly recreated as a software instrument?

Virtual mains conditioning units?

I can't wait.
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peller View Post
Air-conditioning noise from famous studios, lavishly recreated as a software instrument?
This and modelling the room acoustics, so that when you talk in your bedroom studio, in the headphones you hear yourself as in the big studio.
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Addict
Modelled "drop the mic" effect. So you can tweak altitude, mic type, wireless on/off, floor material, crowd size, crowd engagement, crowd pleasure level, air temperature, air pressure, smoke density, type of smoke, type of stage roof or without roof and the recording mic placements.
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Today's image should be fairly clear (both literally and figuratively)...

Old 1st May 2018

-1 DBFS - MFIT peak limiter?
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:

Virtual guitar groovebox
Old 1st May 2018
I already linked on the previous page. But to clarify: isn’t it clear that they are going to SHIFT the way the PARADIGM synth works? Either by better computer control or with a physical board with knobs and buttons?
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

ok , i get the marketing blurb is perhaps over the top , but i dont get the negativity for a new product from a long time developer that isnt even out yet.
i wonder if the equivalent conversations are happening on car forums which claim to change your entire life , or perfume forums.

yes its a synth...looks quite small , sounds like it does resonance and arps.
it if doesnt stand out, it wont sell and people will move on with their life and hopefully IK can continue to employ people and run a business.
or maybe others can try and develop their own synth that does everything they feel is missing .

sorry to rant...i appreciate its a forum for discussion ,
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

I really hope that's just a bad photoshop mockup and not the actual device considering your ENV section has attack, decay, attack, and release. Talk about a paradigm shift: the first synth with an ADAR envelope!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search