The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
IK Multimedia Uno Synthesizer Keyboard Controllers
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Bass - Syntronik - Samples- GUITAR?!?!?!?!:!
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasspike View Post
Don't forget Roland the reinvent the future you know
Now all we need is someone who will 'repackage the past'. Oh wait that's everybody already.

I don't mind. The past is more interesting anyway.
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Maniac

drum machine?
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Maniac

The videos make me think it's a hardware controller for their latest sample based synth product.

The constant talking about how they're the leader in software modeling makes me think it's a Modo line modeled synth plugin.

Either would be neat. But the extreme marketing hype is tiring.
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Maniac

i think it's a synthesized drum module plugin - realistic pitch variation - guitar next time
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Paradigm Shift may refer to maybe being able to SHIFT from one synthesis paradigm to another... maybe on a stand alone hardware synth....

Or shifting from a Software Only product to adding a dedicated hardware control which in a way is a sort of UI paradigm shift...

Or a mix of both
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Nut

Game changer
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasspike View Post
Don't forget Roland the reinvent the future you know
Now we only need some company to reinvent the paradigm shift....
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Worth a pair a' dimes in a dollar world.
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

T-2 teaser.

I haven't seen the leaked images, but by my understanding.

If the arp/seq on this can automate and/or p-lock parameters, then we're looking at monologue level if not higher of capabilities for a leaked/rumored €200 price point.

The monologue has a keyboard, more direct interface, and, big fat guess, better build, but this IK-volca on steroids is looking fun to me. It's similar to a first gen electribe but analog.

Does it have a built-in speaker? Does it come with a power supply? What's the MIDI I/O looking like? Does it have an external input?

I'd like answers now before the Superbooth flood kicks in
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by flok View Post
Somebody already posted pics of it, but they got taken down.

Its a battery powered monophonic synthesiser with sequencer called Uno. Two oscillators, noise, multi mode filter and digital delay. Everything midi controllable. Mini touch keyboard.
If the above is true - do IK Multimedia actually know what paradigm shift means or did their marketing fella just hear a fancy term...?
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Ready to have my mind frigging blown.
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Perhaps PARADIGM is just the name of the new synth...
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

I’ve never used built in speakers , usually headphones ..would prefer cheaper box or more connectivity than a silly single tiny speaker
If the box sound good and competes with similar boxes then it’s all good , but would need something unique to stand out.
Maybe usb audio and a good editor , ios , modelled filter types etc. Shipping with no bugs and all functionality would be unique these days.
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlavB View Post
If the above is true - do IK Multimedia actually know what paradigm shift means or did their marketing fella just hear a fancy term...?
If the above is truly a serious post, has the poster missed where I've stated the context of paradigm shift is the key to that part (and that people are focusing on that single phrase to such a degree that they're missing most of the other clues)?

We know exactly what it means, and in exactly what context it applies. Our "marketing fella(s - and ladie(s)) know exactly what things like this mean and more than a thing or two about marketing... But thanks for the attempt to degrade some very obviously successful people in a company that's been doing quite well in a niche market for over 20 years. If you feel you may be able to offer even better, please feel free to step on over to IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Anyone know what the speaker in a cog logo you can see on the circuit board is ? It's next to the IK logo. It feels familiar to me and I would guess it's some kind of collaborator.
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
Anyone know what the speaker in a cog logo you can see on the circuit board is ?
Yes
Old 30th April 2018
RiF
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by btfnk View Post
The videos make me think it's a hardware controller for their latest sample based synth product.
(..)
Actually, I think there is a big big lack of hardware controllers for soft-synths. The more dedicated they were, the better it would be I simply cannot get any kind of "hardware-feeling" with 8 more or less reasonably assigned knobs.
Even Maschine which has full feedback and correct labeling would only be usable for me, if it came in at least a 32 knob expansion controller. I would buy two if they were stackable.
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
If the above is truly a serious post, has the poster missed where I've stated the context of paradigm shift is the key to that part (and that people are focusing on that single phrase to such a degree that they're missing most of the other clues)?

We know exactly what it means, and in exactly what context it applies. Our "marketing fella(s - and ladie(s)) know exactly what things like this mean and more than a thing or two about marketing... But thanks for the attempt to degrade some very obviously successful people in a company that's been doing quite well in a niche market for over 20 years. If you feel you may be able to offer even better, please feel free to step on over to IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Wow, what's with the attitude here? Has Peter IK missed the smiley at the end?
Perhaps it's a little unprofessional to reply with "if you think you can do it better, blah".

Listen, IK is the one using a term like paradigm shift in it's teasers, which is prone to utter reactions. If you guys didn't see that coming then I'm sorry but your marketing fella(s - and ladie(s) have not thought that thru.
If your new product is so frikkin mindblowingly revolutionary (this is what paradigm shift means FYI) I'll be the first to admit it, but I don't see that happening.

Goodluck with this great attitude towards a paying customer (since 1999) making a harmless joke.
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
Anyone know what the speaker in a cog logo you can see on the circuit board is ? It's next to the IK logo. It feels familiar to me and I would guess it's some kind of collaborator.
You’re not talking about Mode Machines’ logo, are you?
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Let's just cook it down a bit.

The basic common ground is that we users postively look forward to new developments from companies, who are working hard for their success.

The second thing is, even if "paradigm shift" was meant as a word play, becoming clear after release, UNTIL it becomes clear, of course it must sound a bit over the top. And to be sincere, I even regard the other claim, talking about THE leader in xy, as even more provoking: from my view IK can be happy to regard themselves as ONE OF THE leaders of xy, but definitely not, really NO way, as THE leader concerning analog modeling. It is such obviously outrageous hyperbole, which really makes you vulnerable.

Back to the positive: as IK software user, Peter, I am positvely curious, what your company will offer. And next trime you can trust, that this would be the same with perhaps a little bit more understatement, and a little bit less hyperbole. :-)

Can we now all look forward again, just being curious, and forget about some slightly artificial forms of marketing?
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
Yes
I had a feeling you'd say something like that
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Nut
I don't understand all the negative comments. This is exciting! The clips sounds fantastic. Can't wait to see what IK has been cooking up
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Maniac

no one liked the drum idea?
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Maniac
New teaser image:

Apparently some kind of groundbreaking form of synthesis developed in collaboration with Stanford University. Well done IK, you've outdone yourselves!
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by asynchro_nous View Post
You’re not talking about Mode Machines’ logo, are you?
Mmm, maybe Mode's was what I had in mind but what's on the IK board is different. It's in two places and given as much importance as the IK logo itself.
Attached Thumbnails
IK Multimedia Uno Synthesizer-mystlogo.png  
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlavB View Post
Wow, what's with the attitude here? Has Peter IK missed the smiley at the end?
Perhaps it's a little unprofessional to reply with "if you think you can do it better, blah".

Listen, IK is the one using a term like paradigm shift in it's teasers, which is prone to utter reactions. If you guys didn't see that coming then I'm sorry but your marketing fella(s - and ladie(s) have not thought that thru.
If your new product is so frikkin mindblowingly revolutionary (this is what paradigm shift means FYI) I'll be the first to admit it, but I don't see that happening.

Goodluck with this great attitude towards a paying customer (since 1999) making a harmless joke.
Did you miss the smileys in my reply? Turnabout is fair play

And again, context is key, we're fully aware what paradigm shift means.

Oops...
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Paradigm shift - static samples to pitch shifted -wobble samples - more natural sounding?
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Paradigm shift = to be able to switch freely between virtual and actual analog oscillators and filters.

(Shifting freely between sound generation paradigms)
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Nope. The context of how this is a paradigm shift should be clear once the details are released about what exactly this is. Though some may already know what it is from certain information that popped up early... I'd expect they do fully understand in what context we state there's a paradigm shift. Not sure all would admit they realize what we meant know though
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search