The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
IK Multimedia Uno Synthesizer Keyboard Controllers
Old 27th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
Would also have been clever if you wrote PARADIGM (get it? paradigm <SHIFT>?... I'll get me coat )
Nice one !

Clever way to avoid my question, damn you're good haha !
Old 27th April 2018
Gear Maniac

It's clear that it's a hardware circuit.

But another effort at something like a VSTi capable hardware unit offering modelled synth sounds wouldn't be a paradigm shift, would it?
It's hard to guess what this hardware is meant to do, unless you are an engineer and can make educated guesses from components.
Old 27th April 2018
Lives for gear

Like Peter says it needs to be read in the correct manner. It is not "get ready for a paradigm shift" but "get ready for a paradigm shift by IKM".
Essentially they're just telling you they're moving into hardware synths/groovebox (my money is on the latter).
Old 27th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Yes, that makes perfect sense.
Old 27th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage View Post
Nice one !

Clever way to avoid my question, damn you're good haha !
Oh you had a question? Sorry about that.
Old 27th April 2018
Lives for gear

(and that, ladies and germs, is how it is done)
Old 27th April 2018
Lives for gear

Is it an analogue internet? It is isn't it? I knew someone would do it eventually.
Old 27th April 2018
Lives for gear

Near as I can figure, they're either bringing out a fullsize Arp Centaur or they bought Gibson.
Old 28th April 2018
Gear Maniac

It's a server designed as a analogue synth using dynamically programmable Analog Signal Processor signal processing technology.
You sign in your IK synth plugin to it and the server synth makes the sound and sends it down the internet to the plugin in your DAW.
Old 28th April 2018
Lives for gear

Alright, count me out. Bye.
Old 28th April 2018
Lives for gear
I think I am too old for hype. Just show me your product so I can say yes or no. lol.
Old 28th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedommer View Post
I think I am too old for hype. Just show me your product so I can say yes or no. lol.
I don't mind a bit of a new product tease if the time frame is reasonable. And a 7 day tease just before a trade show is part of the fun.

And hints are fun too...

You Know what I mean?

Last edited by Jim Rosebrook; 29th April 2018 at 01:32 PM..
Old 28th April 2018
Lives for gear
YAAAAAWN.......stop playing with toys
Old 28th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rosebrook View Post
I don't mind a bit of a new product tease if the time frame is reasonable. And a 7 day tease just before a trade show is part of the fun.

You Know what I mean?
With IK, the best bet is to take the hype with a grain of salt. The last time they promoted something this heavily, it ended up being that iPad foot controller thing for Amplitube.

This is clearly some kind of synth related product, but I'm keeping expectations very low in the hopes I'll be pleasantly surprised in the end. It could just end up being something like "Syntronik on iPad with new modeled oscillators" or something.
Old 28th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
lets see these get deleted again
you are spoiling the marketing hype. Looks like some sort of small prophet X.

jks.

Anyways not for me. I'm out. no paradigms have shifted for me.
Old 28th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Looks like a Paradigm synth.
Old 28th April 2018
Lives for gear

UH-OH!!
Old 28th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Joe View Post
Looks like a Paradigm synth.
Old 28th April 2018
Lives for gear
MIDI buttplug. Varispeed.
Old 29th April 2018
Lives for gear

Not sure why there’s a lot of bitter comments about the marketing , shampoo/cars/perfume companies do it all the time , inventing new science rubbish just to sell perfumed soap / water sprays , making hair ‘feel stronger’ , always handy to be able to lift heavier weight with my hair. They sell an entire new philosophy on life ..

This is a synth product. It’ll make bass noises , pads , bleeps ( probably). Could be hardware , software , desktop , app , eurorack ..
It it doesn’t live up to the hype then everyone will be more skeptical on their next product. Marketing is a 2 edged banana as they say in cloud moose land.
Hopefully it has lots of blinky lights so it can look good in dark YouTube vids.
Old 29th April 2018
Lives for gear
Maybe it’s just an analog synth. That would be a paradigm shift for an analog modeling company.
Old 29th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
Would also have been clever if you wrote PARADIGM (get it? paradigm <SHIFT>?... I'll get me coat )
Will it cost more than a pair of dimes?
Old 29th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Got the -3 image in my email today the first thing I noticed was the keyboard layout at the bottom, The bottom row is made up of 16 buttons. Usually such layouts stop at 15 (see korg nanokey studio), so this means it can be used as a keyboard input AND 16 step sequencer!

Something grooveboxy? synth, drum machine, sampler? all in one?

I assume the big empty space is where the LCD screen goes with the buttons around for changing pages. So many buttons! But that would make sense if it does have a sequencer.

Superbooth is going to be very exciting this year!
Old 29th April 2018
Gear Maniac

My guess is that this will be a dedicated Syntronik controller. But that's probably wrong since it wouldn't be shifting no paradigms
Old 29th April 2018
Lives for gear

So what is it? I wonder what Arturia will release? A Keystep Pro? Maybe it's a Keystep that also runs one of it's wold class analog models. That would be a real paradigm shift from, Arturia the world leader in Analog Modeling Technology
Old 29th April 2018
Gear Maniac
I've seen a whole lot of paradigm shifts recently, but that's probably from playing Final Fantasy XIII.
Old 29th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimknopf View Post
Yes, that makes perfect sense.
Where is the post I answered to with the above sentence?

It was about the possibility of a hardware version of a software synth, or a drum box.
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

It's funny...After many many years of watching products being introduced on GS I put IK Multimedia, Presonus, and Beringher in the same sort of "over hyped yet budget quality" category. I remember all of the marketing claims behind their ARC System saying that it'd fix your room's acoustics. Sadly I fell for it and it ended up being pure snake oil ofcourse. One of the worst purchases I've personally ever made.

Will this new product be a "paradigm shift?" Judging by past experiences with them, I sincerely doubt it.
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

As I’ve said elsewhere, the context is key with regard to the one statement that people seem to be focusing on more than the other clues that have been there.

Also, we’re not budget quality, we’re quality at budget pricing. With regard to ARC it is not snake oil, you can find many here who have great results using it. I am sorry to hear it didn’t work for you but I’m sure our team would have been more than happy to work with you and help you get the desired results.
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy2039 View Post
It's funny...After many many years of watching products being introduced on GS I put IK Multimedia, Presonus, and Beringher in the same sort of "over hyped yet budget quality" category. I remember all of the marketing claims behind their ARC System saying that it'd fix your room's acoustics. Sadly I fell for it and it ended up being pure snake oil ofcourse. One of the worst purchases I've personally ever made.

Will this new product be a "paradigm shift?" Judging by past experiences with them, I sincerely doubt it.
Don't forget Roland the reinvent the future you know
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search