The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Overloud releases COMP G Master Bus VCA Compressor Special Ef­fects Plugins
Old 24th April 2018
News Desk Editor

Overloud releases COMP G Master Bus VCA Compressor

Overloud releases COMP G Master Bus VCA Compressor-image-5.png

Overloud releases COMP G Master Bus VCA Compressor

Overloud Comp G is the revolutionary simulation of a legendary VCA Master Bus compressor.

Features:
  • Hyper-realistic simulation of the original unit thanks to the 4th generation dsp technology
  • Built-in Parallel Compression
  • Built-in Mid-Side Processing
  • Built-in filters on the Sidechain
  • Continuous time and ratio selection
  • Low CPU usage: more than 1000 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina
  • Multilevel undo-redo
  • A/B Comparison
  • Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plugin panel
  • Meter Calibration: calibrate the VU meters at 4 different sensibilities

BEYOND THE ORIGINAL HARDWARE
Comp G goes beyond the mere simulation of the original unit, by adding features not available in the hardware, like the mid-side processing, the parallel compression and and EQ on the sidechain.

BUILT-IN PARALLEL COMPRESSION
Parallel compression is a powerful mixing technique which helps improve the overall impact of the track while leaving the transients intact. It is achieved by summing the compressor output to the original track: with Comp G you do not need to create complex routing inside the DAW: just turn the Parallel knob!

BUILT-IN MID-SIDE PROCESSING
You can separately compress the Mono (Mid) and Stereo (side) elements of the track, using different compression settings for each. This gives you complete control on the dynamics. For instance, you can squeeze the stereo aspect to tighten the room mics and get an in-your-face drum sound.

BUILT-IN LOW CUT ON SIDECHAIN
You can tweak a Low Cut filter on the Sidechain to reduce the compressor sensitivity to low frequencies. This is particularly useful to control the amount of "pumping" effect for audio program with lot of pulsating bass frequencies.

APPLE SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY
Comp G is available as AudioUnit, VST, VST3, AAX32 (ProTools 10.3.5 and above), AAX64 (ProTools 11 and 12) plugins, as well as a standalone application.
Both 32bit and 64bit are natively supported.
You can authorize Comp G on up to three computers that you own and one USB stick with a simple one-click software procedure (no hardware key needed).

APPLE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Macintosh® Intel Core i3 1.4GHz with 4Gb of RAM, 1280x800 video.
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and above are supported.

WINDOWS SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY
Comp G is available as VST, VST3, AAX32 (ProTools 10.3.5 and above), AAX64 (ProTools 11 and 12) plugins, as well as a standalone application.
32bit and 64bit are natively supported.
You can authorize Comp G on up to three computers that you own and one USB stick with a simple one-click software procedure (no hardware key needed).

WINDOWS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Core i3 1.4GHz with 4Gb of RAM, 1280x800 video.
Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows® 10 are supported.

Price: € 89.00 Incl. VAT intro offer (reg. € 139.00)

For more information visit: COMP G | Overloud
Attached Thumbnails
Overloud releases COMP G Master Bus VCA Compressor-image-5.png  
Old 24th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Overloud Gem Comp G

COMP G VCA MASTER BUS COMPRESSOR
Overloud Comp G is the revolutionary simulation of a legendary VCA Master Bus compressor.

Hyper-realistic simulation of the original unit thanks to the 4th generation dsp technology
Built-in Parallel Compression
Built-in Mid-Side Processing
Built-in filters on the Sidechain
Continuous time and ratio selection
Low CPU usage: more than 1000 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina
Multilevel undo-redo
A/B Comparison
Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plugin panel
Meter Calibration: calibrate the VU meters at 4 different sensibilities
Old 24th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Currently on intro price of $89. ( also available on JRR shop ) Sounds great to me! Not too gritty like IK and not to sterile like The Glue. Its just right. Bought!
Old 24th April 2018
Gear Head

Sounds good! Really wish this would have stereo unlink option though.. Don't care for mid/side. And Hpf needs more frequencies labeled under 100 hz.

Also, what the difference between make-up and output? They are doing the same thing, right..?
Old 24th April 2018
Lives for gear
doesn't sound like an SSL buss comp to my ears. Maybe inspired but not recreated! also gotta have a stereo unlink for dual Mono.
Old 24th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommijk View Post
Sounds good! Really wish this would have stereo unlink option though.. Don't care for mid/side. And Hpf needs more frequencies labeled under 100 hz.

Also, what the difference between make-up and output? They are doing the same thing, right..?
Output is the on the final stage. Make up is needed for M/S so you can adjust the levels of each channel. I agree we need stereo unlink! But on PT you can use multi mono as a workaround.
Old 24th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
doesn't sound like an SSL buss comp to my ears. Maybe inspired but not recreated! also gotta have a stereo unlink for dual Mono.
Maybe its not 100% on spot. But sounds good to me compared to Waves SSL (messing up the stereo width), IK(too gritty) and The Glue(too sterile).
Old 24th April 2018
Lives for gear

The picture is nice to have in thread...

Old 24th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojhmusic View Post
Maybe its not 100% on spot. But sounds good to me compared to Waves SSL (messing up the stereo width), IK(too gritty) and The Glue(too sterile).
Yet a real SSL Buss comp can be both gritty and smeary in a very musical way!
Old 24th April 2018
Lives for gear

For those having doubts :

Here's my take on it :

Here 's a first contact Video about the Overloud take on the classic SSL G Comp .

1) Quik Tour on the new controls that make this SSL emulation unique and worth .

2)Advanced MS /Sidechain use

3) @ 22 min : Comparaison with the SSL Duende / Waves SSL G comp/ Vertigo VSC 2 on 2 type of beats

Goodie : I share how i use loudness meters to A/B comps

Last edited by Jeezo; 24th April 2018 at 07:35 PM..
Old 24th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommijk View Post
I wondered if 'makeup' was modeling distortion and 'output' a clean gain stage?
Old 24th April 2018
Lives for gear
On the drum buss, I think this Gem version is in the ballpark with the UAD version which I am demoing right now. People are often looking for a very specific kind of sound with G comp emulations. I don't know if this Gem is the most accurate emulation of the hardware, but it sounds very good. I've tried most of the other G comp emulations but the UAD is the first one I've really liked.

I'm going to do a lot more checking but there is decent chance that I will purchase this Gem instead of the UAD (which is approximately the same price for me right now because of coupons/upgrades).
Old 24th April 2018
Lives for gear

The output is global , and the input + output s crucial when using MidSide so the level can be way lower on sides (check my video)

Something that the Comp 76 was able to do thks to the Input Output you find on a 1176
Old 24th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook View Post
The picture is nice to have in thread...

and a link to the product page

COMP G | Overloud
Old 24th April 2018
Lives for gear
Well, after playing with this some more, I think it deals with high frequencies differently than the UAD version. It seems darker. I was initially testing on a drum buss with a part that had hardly any cymbals being played. For that particular use I thought the Gem worked very well. But I may end up preferring the UAD overall.

It will be interesting to see what the people who use this on the master buss have to say. I think that's what most users will be interested in. Edit: Jeezo has already discussed this somewhat. Thanks Jeezo.

Last edited by MarsBot; 24th April 2018 at 11:55 PM..
Old 25th April 2018
Lives for gear

Yep i do like what it does to the highs , i think it does it well ... i noticed that in the video ... , it does it in such natural way that you might don t need to roll off during pre master stage to clean up the high s
Old 25th April 2018
Gear Maniac

M/s on drum buss is amazing! It glues things on the master without messing the sound or width. Does not thin thing out. Great presets, but the make up/output knob is always so loud and not balanced when bypassed.

This completes my SSL workflow. Bx E & G plus this Gem Comp G = SSL. For me. Its works.
Old 25th April 2018
Gear Head

no dual mono???
Old 26th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Zeronaut View Post
no dual mono???
Yes. Also stated above.
Old 26th April 2018
Gear Maniac

I liked the Gem G-Comp up until that Maschine loop with the musical element.it seemed in that particular beat that it didn't seem to grab that 1 accent snare that occurs every 16 bars and seems to have a bias towards low frequencies (sounds quite good on kicks,low mid transients)regardless of internal sidechain filtering.the one that sounded the best to me on that beat was the Duende.it seemed to integrate the snare best into the rest of the elements,where as the Gem seemed to just ignore it mostly.overall though,i'm liking the Gem G-comp and it was easily the most "open"sounding of the lot followed closely by the Vertigo VSC
Old 26th April 2018
Gear Addict

Wow sounds great
Old 26th April 2018
Gear Nut

anybody else had problems buying this? no email after ordering via PayPal.
Old 26th April 2018
Lives for gear
Well, I have to say that this Gem version is more funner than the UAD version (to use a very technical term).

I usually avoid compression or saturation on the master buss, and this is the first plug-in that clearly does something positive for me in that regard. It can make the whole song move in a subtle but very interesting way. I just don't hear anything like that vibe from the UAD version. The GEM is definitely less forward than the UAD in the high frequencies, but as Jeezo pointed out, it has a very pleasant high frequency sound. Obviously you have to mix into this to get your high end where you want it.

I think people have very different views on what they want in master buss compression. But I think this Gem is worth demoing if that's an important part of your sound. Maybe it will work for you.
Old 26th April 2018
Gear Addict

This is great!!But the most exciting feature in this plugin is the high frequency vibe it put on the mix.Amazing!! Instant buy!
Old 27th April 2018
Lives for gear

@MarsBot : you re totally right and you pointed out the key element here : knowing when to choose A or B plugin ...for me it s not if it sounds better or not , i always buy plugin that i do think sounds great , but i also know what s going to work here and not here ...ect ... the key then before buying is to know if this is gonna cover an area you re not already covered ....
@Idontcare comment is the perfect exemple where something shine in one scenario and not in another ...
Old 29th April 2018
Lives for gear

Compared with The Glue (free with Ableton Live) and they are on pair quality wise until I switch 2x oversampling on The Glue. With OS on, The Glue sounds punchier with more depth. So I would definitely put at least optional OS on Gem Comp.
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Addict

Anybody knows the validity o the intro price?
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackers View Post
Anybody knows the validity o the intro price?
I'm not sure how long it's going to last. But remember to check your account if you own any other GEM series plug-ins from Overloud. You will find a coupon there that will give you an additional 20% off the sale price
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Promotion expires on May 7th
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsBot View Post
I'm not sure how long it's going to last. But remember to check your account if you own any other GEM series plug-ins from Overloud. You will find a coupon there that will give you an additional 20% off the sale price
But unfortunately you cant use multiple codes at the same time.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search