The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Blue Cat Audio Releases Axiom Guitar & Bass Multi Effects and Amp Sim + New Bundle Amp Sim & Guitar Effects Plugins
Old 11th May 2018
Lives for gear

Hi

totally agree, its hard to describe. this is the actual amp and pretty much the sound I am talking about. at 2:11. even at 2:51 with the harder edge it still, to me, has that chimey depth.

it has that chimey, sag, depth to it that I find so hard in sims.

YouTube

maybe you have something like that but even if not, i still think this plug is really cool

thanks
Old 11th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trock View Post
Hi

totally agree, its hard to describe. this is the actual amp and pretty much the sound I am talking about. at 2:11. even at 2:51 with the harder edge it still, to me, has that chimey depth.

it has that chimey, sag, depth to it that I find so hard in sims.

YouTube

maybe you have something like that but even if not, i still think this plug is really cool

thanks
I went to a project I have with a similar-ish sound and pulled the preset from it: Dropbox - BassTouchyCrunch.preset

The track was using a telecaster on the bridge pickup, so it might be a bit dull for a strat. You'll have to tune that and the amount of crunch you want.

Channel A is the main sound, Channel B has a ducked delay on it and was slightly brighter for a chorus section (I think. I only checked channel A).

The basic sound is there though with that chimey light distortion that's really touchy with a slight saggy sound to it.
Old 12th May 2018
Lives for gear

would be a great idea to have a user preset share site, with a sound example!
Old 15th May 2018
Gear Addict

You can already find a few presets on our website, and we have just started a presets sharing topic on our forum.

Feel free to share your Axiom, amp sim (Destructor) or delay (Late Replies) presets there!
Old 15th May 2018
Gear Nut

Nice, blue cat rules, I got really nice bass sounds with your previous plugin, you gota take your time to get what you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecataudio View Post
Dear Gear Addicts,

We are very excited to announce the release of Blue Cat's Axiom, our new comprehensive and open multi effects processor and amp simulation software for guitar and bass, and a new software bundle, the "Axe Pack".

As announced earlier this year at NAMM, with its dual amp simulation channels based on the innovative Destructor engine, its 40 built-in effects and the ability to load third party plug-ins, Axiom offers an infinite number of amp models and effects that can be tweaked indefinitely.

Amp models can be chosen from hundreds of presets, or personalized with the amp editor that offers complete control over all the parameters. Axiom also includes a built-in version of Blue Cat's Late Replies for creative delays and reverbs, and a built-in version of Blue Cat's Destructor to create your own distortion pedals, cabinets or additional amp simulations.

Blue Cat's Axiom is available as a standalone application or plug-in (VST, VST3, AAX, Audio unit) for Mac and Windows, and can be purchased independently, or within the new Axe Pack bundle: this new software bundle for guitar & Bass gathers the new Axiom and full versions of the Destructor, Late Replies and PatchWork plug-ins (that can be used outside of Axiom).

We have an introduction offer for both Axiom or the Axe Pack bundle until May 19th (details below), and there are also several upgrade paths for registered customers. You can download demo versions and check out our videos to get a better idea!

Blue Cat's Axiom Main Features:
- Powerful and unlimited multi-effects processor and amp modeling software for guitar and bass.
- Realistic and fully customizable amp simulation based on Blue Cat's Destructor.
- Flexible routing: 2 parallel amp simulation channels with effects + input and master sections.
- 40 high quality built-in effects: wah, delays, reverb, pitch bender, EQ, filters, distortion units, compressor, gate, chorus, flanger...
- Includes Blue Cat's Destructor and Late Replies as built-in effects.
- Built-in high precision tuner.
- Open and extensible: load any third party VST, VST3 or Audio Unit (AU) plug-in.
- Delivered with thousands of presets for all sections and built-in effects.
- Load third party virtual instruments to play along.
- Global stereo spread control.
- Lock sections to prevent changes when loading presets.
- No latency.

System requirements:
- Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- PC running Windows Vista or newer.

Pricing:
Blue Cat's Axiom: $149 or 149 EUR instead of 199 (25% off until May 19th)
Blue Cat's Axe Pack: $249 or 249 EUR instead of 299 (16.5% off until May 19th)
Upgrade Offers: See our Axiom and Axe Pack upgrade paths.

And the final word goes to Martin Miller, who checked out our preview of Axiom earlier this week:

Old 20th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Randolph View Post
Absolutely. Excellent idea.

I really should have done that the first time I complained about the presets.

I'll set aside some time to work on that in the next week.
K. Here we are: 10 Axiom Presets and how I made them

Along with some tips&tricks on getting more out of Axiom.
Old 20th May 2018
Gear Nut

Hey, Robert!

Thanks so much. Will check it out. It's really appreciated!!!

Best regards, Steve
Old 23rd May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Randolph View Post
K. Here we are: 10 Axiom Presets and how I made them

Along with some tips&tricks on getting more out of Axiom.
Great tutorial, thanks!

Just one thing: be cautious with phase shifting, as large amounts will introduce weird smearing on transients that you may not hear much in the mix, but which feel really strange when playing thru it.
Old 25th May 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecataudio View Post
Have you tried tweaking the amp presets from the "Hi Gain" category? Changing the Gain + Bass/Mid/Treble/Tone and/or loadng another post filter preset can have a large impact on the overall tone.
Thanks for your reply! Finally it comes to life i think. :-) Checking component presets and tweak a bit and awesome tones develop. I like this!!!
Old 25th May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theXbucket View Post
Thanks for your reply! Finally it comes to life i think. :-) Checking component presets and tweak a bit and awesome tones develop. I like this!!!
Great!
Old 3rd October 2018
Gear Addict

Hi,

I just wanted to give you the heads up: we have launched a guitar contest (prizes worth $1,796, including of course Axiom, The Axe Pack and more).

Feel free to submit your video or vote for participants!
Old 3rd October 2018
Gear Addict

By the way, if you are an owner of Axiom already, we have uploaded a new preview of Axiom 1.1 (expected to be released soon...), with a couple of surprises!

There is also a new preview of Destructor. Check out the download page (link received by email upon purchase), and please send us feedback!
Old 8th October 2018
Lives for gear

Nevermind. I misread
Old 10th October 2018
Gear Addict

Heads Up! Blue Cat's Axiom 1.1 is now officially available as part of a larger software update.

It is a free update that includes the following:
- Load impulse responses (IR) in pre or post filters of the amp simulator. The frequency reponse of IRs can be shifted and mixed together with the usual filter settings.
- The built-in EQ plug-in can also load and manipulate impulse reponses.
- Drag and drop support:
-- drag and drop plug-ins between slots (copy or move).
-- drop the plug-in before another to insert it in the chain
-- drag and drop plug-ins between several instances of Axiom or accross plug-ins (compatible with the latest preview of Late Replies, MB-7 Mixer and PatchWork).
-- drag and drop .dll, .vst, .vst3, or .component files directly from the Finder or Explorer onto plug-in slots.
-- drag and drop .plgnfo files (previously saved from the software) directly from the Finder or Explorer onto plug-in slots.
-- drag the amp simulator, and drop it on any slot, like any other plug-in.
-- drop the amp simulator onto channel A or B to copy the amp model to the other channel.
-- drag and drop amp channel (A or B) to copy the entire channel settings to the other channel.
- Fixed Joe's Bowl factory preset that included an instance of PatchWork.

Also, with the "Guitar Month" on bluecataudio.com, you can get Axiom for $149 (or 149 EUR) instead of 199 until November 1st.

Enjoy!

Last edited by bluecataudio; 10th October 2018 at 10:41 AM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search