The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Slate Digital Releases VMR 2.0: The Modular Channel Strip Dynamics Plugins
Old 29th May 2018
Here for the gear

i have VMR v1 bought and paid for when originally released how/ Can I upgrade to new version ?
Old 29th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNYC View Post
i have VMR v1 bought and paid for when originally released how/ Can I upgrade to new version ?
It'll be in your Downloads in the Drum Classroom site when you log into your account
Old 3rd June 2018
Gear Nut

So whats everyone hoping for next VMR plugin release? Should be time for something soon right?
Old 3rd June 2018
Gear Head

Something I wanted personally is an API 550/560 EQ, but I can see how it might not be that necessary as there are already a few different EQs to choose from. But I've seen some other people naming it as well as something they want to see in the bundle. Also (maybe not as part of VMR), some modulation machine (all-in-one like verbsuite, repeater) that's capable of vibe-y chorus, phaser, slight pitch type of effects that are not represented right now, I think that would make the bundle just overall a lot more versatile.
Old 7th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianblack8 View Post
Something I wanted personally is an API 550/560 EQ, but I can see how it might not be that necessary as there are already a few different EQs to choose from. But I've seen some other people naming it as well as something they want to see in the bundle. Also (maybe not as part of VMR), some modulation machine (all-in-one like verbsuite, repeater) that's capable of vibe-y chorus, phaser, slight pitch type of effects that are not represented right now, I think that would make the bundle just overall a lot more versatile.
I agree with a modulation machine. Something like a Eventide H8000 was something I've requested before. Maybe the "Virtual Effects Rack" or something like that where you can combine different effects, like how you can with the Soundtoys plugins.
Old 7th June 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianblack8 View Post
You might be in luck as Steven said the next plugin coming should be an américain made eq (which I hope it is)
Old 7th June 2018
Gear Head

Thanks for the heads up! I'm following his social media to learn about upcoming plugins, but somehow missed some info on this one. Could still be a Pultec, though? But that would be amazing, too.
Also yea, "Virtual Effects Rack" type of plugin is a great idea
Old 7th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBorg View Post
So whats everyone hoping for next VMR plugin release? Should be time for something soon right?
Needs a two-band gate (like DeBleeder, Boz Big Beautifull Door) and a two-band De-Esser before any more EQ/Comps IMO.

Id also like to have VBC in VMR.
Old 7th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBorg View Post
I'm hoping the next VMR breaks these cuffs and allows specific module instances.
Old 8th June 2018
Gear Maniac

I won't say no to more API modules! the pre-amp and EQ would be more than welcome
Old 8th June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgee View Post
I'm hoping the next VMR breaks these cuffs and allows specific module instances.
Dead horse, anyone?
Old 8th June 2018
Old 8th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer View Post
Dead horse, anyone?
Steven said it was coming so how about you get off your high horse. Honestly, the modules and the global oversampling are the only things I can think of I'm looking forward to.
Old 8th June 2018
Gear Addict

The gate from the trigger plugin would be a great module
Old 10th June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgee View Post
Steven said it was coming so how about you get off your high horse. Honestly, the modules and the global oversampling are the only things I can think of I'm looking forward to.
Jokes aside, would love to see VTM inside the rack.
Old 13th June 2018
Here for the gear

Remote

Hey Steve,
I mainly work with a macbook (on the road and at home mixing), mainly because of firewire and thunderbolt, and it's not an incredible fast machine, it's an I5, with 8gb memory, and slate digital is incredibly resource intensive, I struggle alot to mix 10+ tracks with VMR&/Tapes around, so I started digging into offloading DPS on to my windows 8th gen i7 with 16gb, Reaper has Reamote, which works nice, but not with Slate, since I require an ilok on both computers.... Anyway of fixing this ?!?!? (for like, yesterday!)

p.s.
I know I could use the windows to mix in it, but, the hardware is all firewire/thunderbolt, that computer has none of that.
Old 13th June 2018
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer View Post
Jokes aside, would love to see VTM inside the rack.
Latency problem......
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear
Ya ne’er know
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

A slicker GUI for Reviver would be sweet
Now it looks like an old vacum cleaner. Love the sound of it, tho
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

just wanted to chime in and say I'm an everything bundle user who has been very happy with VMR 2.0. Been using it for about a month now, transition was smooth and I like the new custom strips across the top.

Slightly unrelated to VMR but does anyone else ever have the issue where their FG-X will have occasional activation issues when loading a project or session? All the licences are on my ilok as they should be and this is the only plugin that seems to cause this issue.
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

After getting a big dose of waves v10, I would like to retract my criticism of vmr2.

That is all...
Old 14th June 2018
Gear Maniac

The new VMR has been smooth for me. The only problem I've had is that occasionally when flipping between A&B settings, some of the parameters on the modules reset themselves. Mostly happens in the VCC and when the settings have been copied from A to B. I'm on the latest version of Pro Tools on Mac.

Otherwise everything has been great. Don't use the oversampling much, although I did notice the Neve EQ sounded slightly more open with it on in a 44.1 mastering session last week.
Old 15th June 2018
Here for the gear

Since monday, I've been working on a project (currently using latest versions of slate everything bundle) and had a hard time tracking down some random distortion noise that showed up on my renders (using Reaper), and to finally figure it out yesterday it was some VMR modules (mainly preamps) just going crazy and introducing severe distortion and crackling noise when audio is not going through them, but only when playing back. I tested the exact same project in OSX and on Windows (2 different computers), after a few hours, the plugins just get screwed up, spent 2 days debugging and trying to find the culprit to slate vmr, thanks ! Before the subscription payment comes this month, I'll test in Logic if it still happens, ruling out the DAW, if it does, I'm not renewing, too much resource intensive plugins, no way to offload the DSP, and this kind of bugs can't really happen imo, lost lots of money on these 2 days searching for this.
Old 17th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Not read all the manual but this blew my mind

I opened up a second VMR onto a piano track loaded a preset that I saved from the the CLA mixing course to see if I could drag CS-Lift from it to another VMR 2 which I had already set up and CS-Lift went from one VMR to the other and plonked it in between the VCC and compressor. I think this is a really amazing feature thanks.
Old 21st June 2018
My VMR 2.0 has gone from taking 30 seconds to load, to close to a minute, to now just indefinitely loading. For the record, the previous version only took about 10 seconds to load.

I'm now completely unable to open projects that are paying my bills.

Please, please fix this.
Old 21st June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseber View Post
My VMR 2.0 has gone from taking 30 seconds to load, to close to a minute, to now just indefinitely loading. For the record, the previous version only took about 10 seconds to load.

I'm now completely unable to open projects that are paying my bills.

Please, please fix this.
They also really need to fix the bug causing up to 30% use of pace service with VMR loaded on some systems. I only see 2 or 3 percent which is still 1.5 to 2.5% higher than my Pace use with any other plugs so not acceptable.
Old 26th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick2630 View Post
You might be in luck as Steven said the next plugin coming should be an américain made eq (which I hope it is)
Funny you say that bcause Softube just realeased one about a week or two back.
Old 26th June 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
They also really need to fix the bug causing up to 30% use of pace service with VMR loaded on some systems. I only see 2 or 3 percent which is still 1.5 to 2.5% higher than my Pace use with any other plugs so not acceptable.
I'm getting both of these issues: Over a minute and a half to load the first instance of VMR into an empty Cubase 9.5.3 project and a 5% Pace service cpu load (easily seen on Process Hacker) on a 6950X with all cores at 4.4. Thats a lot of wasted horsepower being used there!.

Windows 7 64bit, current everything. I do hope that Slate are actively investigating this, as I tend to use them in nearly every session and in general find them to sound pretty fantastic (when gain staged properly) as well as being a great value.

Last edited by DavidJay; 26th June 2018 at 11:34 PM.. Reason: Revised
Old 26th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJay View Post
I do hope that Slate are actively investigating this,
I'm trying to submit a support request to ask about this....filled in all details and explanation, completed a captcha and got all the way down to a submit button but when clicking it absolutely nothing happens.

So who knows...maybe I just sent 5 support requests, more likely I wasted my time completely!
Old 26th June 2018
Here for the gear

slow loading of vmr

i'm using studio one v3 64 bit and find vmr loads the fastest after a reboot... if i use it and close the session, the next time i open it will take longer, next time its longer and longer each time... i have started loading a blank session with an instance of vmr and just keep it open in the background so vmr loads quick each time... hoping for a fix soon!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search