The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Slate Digital Releases VMR 2.0: The Modular Channel Strip Dynamics Plugins
Old 29th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
And a width control while they're at it. Balance and Width, and a correlation meter to boot.

Not that I personally care about having those things in the rack, but why not! There could be plenty of people who depend more heavily on VMR that would really appreciate having it.
I'm shocked there is no expander/gate yet. Not very sexy, I know, but a pretty generic channel strip function.
Old 29th April 2018
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I'm shocked there is no expander/gate yet. Not very sexy, I know, but a pretty generic channel strip function.
We’ve got something cookin...

Cheers,
Steven
Old 29th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:

Cheers,
Steven

steven. can you please do a good emulation of the DBX 160x and put it in the VMR? A version where you could toggle between 160x, 160xt and 160A models would be awesome. No good emulation of it yet....
Old 29th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post

Cheers,
Steven
Hi Steve of topic but what happened with SSD5 ?
Old 29th April 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCommand View Post
Hi Steve of topic but what happened with SSD5 ?
From SSD5 thread in Product Alerts older than 2 months:

Steven Slate Drums 5 Debuts at NAMM
Old 29th April 2018
Gear Addict

Maybe they are integrating the FG-X 2.0 algorithm into SSD5

e.t.a feb 2025
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Cheers,
Steven
Some sort of different decay for treble and bass would be cool, to cut overead bleed earlier but let the drum resonance love longer.
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

I know!

I seem to be doing more and more ITB and actually want noise introduced. I would often run EQ and heavy comps from Slate into Soundtoys and smash the noise before putting it through a tempo synced filter for extra movement and effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Warmth View Post
I would definitely like an option to turn the noise back on. I'm not quite sure why people are so hung up on the noise as it shouldn't be an issue if you gain stage properly unless you want a very sterile recording. Even the quietest classical recording has some sort of noise. Maybe it's a new trend. I understand it with VTM because it is pretty noisy. But the noise to me is part of the authenticity and I've never noticed it as an issue apart from some instances of the Virtual Console which you can disable anyway. Having a choice would definitely be the best of both worlds.

Just out of curiosity, on which modules did people have a problem with noise?
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Please please please make the gate with a side chain trigger

Quote:

Cheers,
Steven
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

So i've been reading several people having problems v2 not recalling v1 patches correctly, is this mainly AAX on Mac or?
Old 30th April 2018
VMR 2.0 works as expected on my system containing latest Cubase Pro 9.5, Mac 10.12.6.
My settings are preserved on earlier projects, and if I load up a new instance it pre-loads with the first Dreamstrip in that chain.
Old 1st May 2018
Damn, kinda on the fence here. Still have 2 older projects I have to finish, but I really want to use 2.0 on the new projects. I`ll update today and report what happened to the older projects.
Old 1st May 2018
OK, installed the update and everything is cool. Old projects opened up with original settings. Happy days!!
OSX 10.12.6 , Reason 10
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deondamage View Post
OK, installed the update and everything is cool. Old projects opened up with original settings. Happy days!!
OSX 10.12.6 , Reason 10
Thanks for reporting
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Head

BUG REPORT: VMR 2.0.3.4 does not show up as VST in Plogue Bidule 0.9759. It just is not listed. I rescanned and un/re-installed the whole thing, too All my other 175 Plugins register fine.
However, it does show up as VST3 and AU. Also in Reaper 5.80 it shows up as VST, VST3 and AU.

MacOS 12.6. (Sierra)
Old 5th May 2018
Lives for gear
Had to stop updating on version 1.8.4.1.
It doesn't show the modules since version 1.8.6.1. Corrupted binary.
The sound is great thought. I might miss the new oversampling option on since V2
Old 5th May 2018
Gear Head

Any way to turn off/on oversampling for all instances?
Old 6th May 2018
Gear Addict

After comparing VMR with and without oversampling I now really want to have an oversampling option for VBC.
Old 6th May 2018
Lives for gear

-Any option to hide the Dream Strips from the GUI? I find them a bit distracting sometimes.
-Any option to use oversampling only when rendering?
Old 6th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloco_go View Post
After comparing VMR with and without oversampling I now really want to have an oversampling option for VBC.
VBC for VMR would be optimal.
Old 7th May 2018
Lives for gear

@Steven Slate
Is there anything in VMR that could get close to the sound of the SSL VHD circuit such as Softubes version in their 9000K plugin? Or are there plans on introducing something like that?
Thanks
Old 12th May 2018
Lives for gear

Where is global os switch (turn on/off all instances) - legit can't find.
Old 12th May 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
Where is global os switch (turn on/off all instances) - legit can't find.
It's not global at the moment.
Old 13th May 2018
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz View Post
@Steven Slate
Is there anything in VMR that could get close to the sound of the SSL VHD circuit such as Softubes version in their 9000K plugin? Or are there plans on introducing something like that?
Thanks
Hi Shatz, at this point we have quite a lot of processors that provide dynamic nonlinear artifacts that I would be surprised if something doesn't get close.

We have several tape nonlinears, solid state nonlinears, tube nonlinears... I would mess with VTM, all the VCC models, and the VTC models. I think you'll find some great color, and perhaps one or more will give you the tone you like in the Softube plugin. All the best!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 13th May 2018
Gear Maniac

4x 8x oversampling option in the future - consider?
Old 14th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
That’s actually a really good point.
Old 14th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnipe View Post
Any way to turn off/on oversampling for all instances?
I think all software devs should offer this.
Old 16th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDroste View Post
4x 8x oversampling option in the future - consider?
Steven promised me 33x oversampling in the new portastudio emu

... steven’s a liar
Old 16th May 2018
Lives for gear

I turned on oversampling on every VMR track within a project I'm working on.
Pretty much brought my otherwise smooth running session to its knees. Universal enable/disable of oversampling should be a top priority on the next update. It's very time consuming to do it manually. KUSH plugs already have this.
Attached Thumbnails
Slate Digital Releases VMR 2.0: The Modular Channel Strip-she-cant-take-any-more-captain.jpg  
Old 17th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Overloud gems have oversampling options also now with the new update. But theres a warning, turning on oversampling is not recommend since its not a transparent process. I dont understand lol.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search