The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Slate Digital Releases VMR 2.0: The Modular Channel Strip Dynamics Plugins
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey boy View Post
Is this backwards compatible with the last version?
Yes. It's just an update to the existing VMR plugin, so it replaces what's already there just like all prior VMR updates have.
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubLifeSD View Post
yup just download the new version in your account.
Good stuff thanks Slate..
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by justifiednoise View Post
I very much appreciate the noise being removed from the eq's, thank you. Saves me quite a bit of headache.
I suggest that you change your username Sir!

For the fellow noise friends, I "battled" quite a bit to have an option for the noise but in the end lost due it being more complicated that one might think at first.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachaction View Post
Edit: I see in the change log that noise was eliminated. I woulda put that in big bold letters at the top of this release post, but okay.
Thanks for reminding me to read the release notes... that alone makes it worth it to me
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Great Now I have concluded I have to sell this VMR thing out of my collection. I have waited enough for individual modules. I think enough is enough. It will save me time also thinking or coming to Slate VMR release thread. Good and my best wishes to all lovely users who enjoy the VMR. Happy Mixing.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

VMR 2.... wow. Nice surprise this morning. I'll be happy to have less fake noise for sure.

One of these mornings we'll wake up to FGX2 the same way..

I get the feeling it's closer than we might imagine.. hope so after years and years...

FGX2 inside VMR would be cool too..

I'm not hung up on individual plugins tbh... but understand those who are.

This update isn't huge though is it?

Maybe with all the OTHER rack style channel strips being released it's a good time for Slate to appeal to new customers looking at them..

Who knows, but the 'Slate Train' keeps rolling on down the line.

My subscription has worked out well though, Verbsuite and Repeater are surprise gems!!!

Zz.

Zz.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

VBC inside VMR, that would be nice.
Old 20th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Slate Digital is pleased to announce the immediate release of VMR 2.0,
Seems like a good improvement for the user interface.

Still missing one important option for creative engineers: a internal side chain connection. I would like the see the possibility to use any Slate EQ to act as side chain for the Slate compressors. (within the rack) See the Waves Scheps Omni Channel.
Old 20th April 2018
Here for the gear

Glad to see an update, thanks slate team. Sad to see trimmer being a thing though. What I really want is accurate metering to the right full size of the vmr-gui with trimknobs built into each module. Steven what do you think, could be something to consider?
Old 20th April 2018
Does it replace VMR1 and can be installed instead of VMR1? Projects already using VMR1 will working with VMR2 without problems?
Old 20th April 2018
Old 20th April 2018
Ok, the only thing I see after installing VMR2. "no iLok found"... so there must be something broken
Old 20th April 2018
Here for the gear

Ilok Licence Manager has been recently updated _
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Head

Nice upgrade of UI- Black is Black!
Old 20th April 2018
It's not working for me, also with the newest iLok update.. filled a ticket.
(I'm back to version 1.5 which is working, so there must something broken)
Old 20th April 2018
Thank you, Steven, for updates!
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Head

Glad to see this update! Dream strip and new text-based search options are very welcome and I can see how they will improve the workflow a lot. (my only issue with VMR was the need to scroll through all the modules icons, and now it's solved) Noise-less EQs are also nice, while having FG-S on pretty much every track. Definitely a step in the right direction, I think!
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Oversampling sounds really good to me. Ruling! I kind of wish there was a global switch because I think I prefer it on, but I'm very happy to see it there regardless.
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Nut

Hey Steven how are you liking the Krk V4S4's? I was thinking about picking up a pair. I've heard nothing but good about them.
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Addict

Great features, specially the dream strip!! Thanks for this. Let's add a multiband (tc x5 meets OTT meets Tubetech Multiband) to the mix to make it complete.
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Addict

This is ridiculous.

Removing the noise (or making it an option) should have been released as VMR 1.0.0.1 on November 31, 2014, two weeks after VMR's initial launch. THREE AND A HALF YEARS AGO.

This is an incremental update that should have been touted as such in a simple e-mail blast or a Facebook post. "Hey guys, Steven Slate here. There's a small update to VMR in your user area, getting rid of the noise that you guys have been asking for. Also, Trimmer is black now. Modules are still not available outside the rack, obviously. No way we can figure that out. Also, while adding a "list view" to the module browser, you will still need to scroll to get to the bottom of it, because we couldn't find the 'Reduce font size' button. But wait until you see what we've done with the preset section! You'll swear you are 'dreaming'!"

VERSION 2.0! Wowzers!

I initially thought Slate was just a hype machine, but then I bought into it completely, and now I'm back where I started. You're just like everything else on the internet these days. "You'll never guess what Slate's done in VMR 2.0! THIS. CHANGES. EVERYTHING. Click to learn more!" Spare me.
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Maniac

I like the changes Steve can call this update whatever he likes he's not invading a country or killing people for not joining a cult.
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind View Post
It's not working for me, also with the newest iLok update.. filled a ticket.
(I'm back to version 1.5 which is working, so there must something broken)
I also filed a ticket as well. I hadn't realized that iLok License Manager could be updated, so I'll give that a go. If the latest one doesn't work, I'll get version 1.5 and see if that does the trick

EDIT: Updated to the latest iLok manager and it still doesn't work. Downloaded the legacy installer on their site and it's not working either.

I have work to do so If I can't get it going in a bit, I'm just going to install the previous VMR again.
Old 20th April 2018
Here for the gear
hmm.. sadly cannot open my Ableton 9 projects with VMR 2.0

(reinstalled AL9, re-set AL9, updated iLok Mgr, updated Max4L etc)

So, I've re-installed the previous VMR & can magically open them again..
: /
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Maniac

I can open my Ableton 10 projects with VMR 2 I didn't bother updating ilok manager.
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind View Post
Does it replace VMR1 and can be installed instead of VMR1? Projects already using VMR1 will working with VMR2 without problems?

Not for me. I've had a nightmare this morning. I updated to VMR 2.0, and now my mix in Studio One which I was working on all day yesterday is broken.

When I open the project from the save file I created yesterday, all of the instances of VMR in the project have reset to the new default Dreamstrip. So all the mixing I did in VMR 1.0 yesterday is gone. I can't recover it.
I'm sure it's still there somewhere, because I haven't altered the saved file. But VMR 2.0 is ignoring my saved VMR 1.0 settings and loading its own defaults instead.

I have a deadline and don't have time to wait for Slate support to come online in LA, so I remixed the song from memory this morning, which took a couple of hours.

I've re-opened the file again this afternoon, and the VMRs have all reset themselves again.

I would recommend waiting to see if this problem gets sorted before updating, as this has cost me hours and hours of work, and I won't know if it will get fixed until I get my support ticket answered.

Disaster.
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Head

Is anyone noticing any significant improvement in load times? Especially when VMR is loaded up for the first time in a project?
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKite View Post
Not for me. I've had a nightmare this morning. I updated to VMR 2.0, and now my mix in Studio One which I was working on all day yesterday is broken.

When I open the project from the save file I created yesterday, all of the instances of VMR in the project have reset to the new default Dreamstrip. So all the mixing I did in VMR 1.0 yesterday is gone. I can't recover it.
I'm sure it's still there somewhere, because I haven't altered the saved file. But VMR 2.0 is ignoring my saved VMR 1.0 settings and loading its own defaults instead.

I have a deadline and don't have time to wait for Slate support to come online in LA, so I remixed the song from memory this morning, which took a couple of hours.

I've re-opened the file again this afternoon, and the VMRs have all reset themselves again.

I would recommend waiting to see if this problem gets sorted before updating, as this has cost me hours and hours of work, and I won't know if it will get fixed until I get my support ticket answered.

Disaster.
Very sorry for what you're going through ><. I tried installing the latest iLok Maanger one more time to see if I could get it going, but I still get "No License Found". Maybe at some point between songs, but I really don't have time to try to get this going. Installed the previous VMR (1.9 with the Audified compressor) and it works just fine.
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Head

For ILOK problems. After installing the latest ILOK Manager, synchronize your ILOK again. Worked for me.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Id love a less trashy Reviver GUI with no "virtual" ventilation (botton) or lid-mechanism (top). Just cleaner looking instead.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search