The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Slate Digital Releases VMR 2.0: The Modular Channel Strip Dynamics Plugins
Old 28th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbobilly View Post
Only for the Virtual Buss Compressors during this 2018 Black Friday .
Yeah, but i found it pretty forced, as it's a 6 year old plugin.
They used to have great sales on their new releases.

(plus i had that and already sold it a few years ago)
Old 28th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
FINALLY!!!

The latest beta fixes the loading times!!! It loads instantly here!

Had to update the ilok manager to 5.0.
Even there ilok release notes say that they improved loading times.
Now i really hope Softube can pull this off with the Modular plugins.

I'm considering getting back to the Slate plugins, but as i see they completely abandoned the non-subsribers.
No black friday sale for single plugins?
Where do i find this beta?
Old 9th December 2018
Lives for gear

So the latest VMR 2.281 update certainly loads fast!! Its instant, good job!
Old 9th December 2018
Lives for gear
Yep, this baby rocks
Old 9th December 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
So the latest VMR 2.281 update certainly loads fast!! Its instant, good job!
Thanks for posting this. This update is a real game-changer (my VMR was taking literally a minute to load), and I had no idea this update was released. Why on earth wouldn't slate send out update emails?
Old 10th December 2018
Gear Guru
Is there an update? The new revision does not work on Mixbus and crashes it. I couldn’t make older versions work either. Used to work great.....
Old 10th December 2018
Gear Head

Glad I checked on the latest comments here as I had no idea VMR 2.281 update was out. The update loads extremely fast. Before the update the load time was ridiculously long.

Slate: Please email your customers when updates are available.
Old 11th December 2018
Here for the gear
I wasn't aware of the update either, just installed and instant loading with every plugin installed, awesome!

This makes my day.
Old 12th December 2018
Lives for gear

Yes, I think the latest VMR has some kinda OS service (cause installing it required a reboot) that loads all licences as soon as Windows/OSX boots, so when you start your DAW all licences are already loaded.
Old 12th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, I think the latest VMR has some kinda OS service (cause installing it required a reboot) that loads all licences as soon as Windows/OSX boots, so when you start your DAW all licences are already loaded.
It is the new iLok/Pace installer (v5) that needs a reboot... I guess the newest version is dependent on the latest iLok version (and maybe that's why it is not announced so well... yet).

PS. When running the installer you can see that the Pace thingy is selected but greyed out... so you can't choose not to use it.
Old 12th December 2018
Here for the gear
Got to give it to you guys, you sure know how to shorten loading times Such a breeze.
Time to forget the hassle and make some noise
Old 28th December 2018
Gear Maniac

My VMR suddenly won't load.I get a message about "Subscription Expiration Warning" even though my subscription is supposed to renew automatically every month...which it usually does.

This is not cool...I have a session in 30 minutes and I can't open a mix we need to work on!

Chris
Old 28th December 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisaiken View Post
My VMR suddenly won't load.I get a message about "Subscription Expiration Warning" even though my subscription is supposed to renew automatically every month...which it usually does.

This is not cool...I have a session in 30 minutes and I can't open a mix we need to work on!

Chris
Sounds like a classic Gobbler/iLok not communicating issue.
When I'm experiencing this I log out of both iLok and Gobbler, restart them, log in again and that usually does the trick
Old 28th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Hmm...I'm not using Gobbler. Ilok server seems to be the problem...it says the server is unavailable. I can't even login to my ilok account.

But I don't know why I can't open my slate plugins...the licenses are on my ilok already.
Old 1st January 2019
Gear Nut

When will there be the advertised Mix FX (Console) integration in Studio One? Softube did that already 1.5 years ago...
FG-X very much? Seems to be a pattern there...
Old 27th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Does anyone know if there is an option to have a default group setting for VCC within a dreamstrip?

For example, I would love for my default dreamstrip in VMR to contain a VCC that is already assigned to a group, instead of having to group every instance within my session.
Old 28th January 2019
Lives for gear

... Still hoping for VBC and VTM as VMR modules...

The gate is just what VMR needed. Also hoping for a transient enhancer, 2-band de-esser and maybe some utility module with separate Pan for LR, phase djustment and that kinda stuff...
Old 29th January 2019
Sorry to ask what might be a stupid question but how can I have load without any channel strip presets? I'd rather start blank every time, like it used to be
Old 29th January 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer View Post
Sorry to ask what might be a stupid question but how can I have load without any channel strip presets? I'd rather start blank every time, like it used to be
It's possible, but you have to create a blank dream strip, and put it in the "home" slot. (as in the attached images) Or simply remove every dream strip (by right-clicking on their names and choosing the option) in case you don't use them, and VMR will load blank.
Attached Thumbnails
Slate Digital Releases VMR 2.0: The Modular Channel Strip-blank1.png   Slate Digital Releases VMR 2.0: The Modular Channel Strip-blank2.jpg  
Old 29th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianblack8 View Post
It's possible, but you have to create a blank dream strip, and put it in the "home" slot. (as in the attached images) Or simply remove every dream strip (by right-clicking on their names and choosing the option) in case you don't use them, and VMR will load blank.
Thanks a ton!
Old 2 weeks ago
OMU
Lives for gear

I started using VMR again (rediscovered the compressors) and all I feel it really needs now is a gate and an oversampling on for render option.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Gate is on the way.
The EQs are really Nice.
Old 2 weeks ago
OMU
Lives for gear

Quote:
Gate is on the way.
That's great.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search