The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Slate Digital Releases VMR 2.0: The Modular Channel Strip Dynamics Plugins
Old 25th July 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
First load instance is about 3-4 seconds here. VMR2 and Windows 10 x64 1803 on SSD.

I upgraded to iLok 3 on both of my systems as its suposed to be alot faster then iLok 2.
Well that's interesting and I very well may order an iLok3 now. You should get a commission!
Old 25th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachaction View Post
Well that's interesting and I very well may order an iLok3 now. You should get a commission!
Only after Steve takes his cut
Old 26th July 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
Those individual plug-ins are soundin' pretty good right about now.
Indeed. Just one more really good reason for individual plugins.
Old 26th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
First load instance is about 3-4 seconds here. VMR2 and Windows 10 x64 1803 on SSD.

I upgraded to iLok 3 on both of my systems as its suposed to be alot faster then iLok 2.
Hey... were you able to move your llok2 stuff onto the ilok3? If so, was it painless?
Old 27th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Things have gotten pretty quiet since VMR 2.0! any news of a possible new plugin to join the pack? ^^
Old 27th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Hey... were you able to move your llok2 stuff onto the ilok3? If so, was it painless?
Easy-peasy!
Old 28th July 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Got my (refurbished) iLok3 today. Dropped my VMR to 9 seconds.
Old 28th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Got my (refurbished) iLok3 today. Dropped my VMR to 9 seconds.
Cool! What was the loadtime with your previous iLok2?
Old 28th July 2018
Gear Addict

I posted the other day that it was 28 seconds (!!!) with iLok 2 and slightly outdated iLok software... Updating the iLok manager brought it down to 15 seconds, and now 9 seconds with iLok 3.
Old 28th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I posted the other day that it was 28 seconds (!!!) with iLok 2 and slightly outdated iLok software... Updating the iLok manager brought it down to 15 seconds, and now 9 seconds with iLok 3.
Did you get your OS and plugins on a SSD too? If you want a "happy life" this is needed
Old 7th August 2018
Gear Maniac

Brainworx has just released a new Mastering Plugin that's supposed to operate as a mastering desk with parameters to control the tone, different compression types, instead of just being a limiter. It's certainly interesting and makes me wonder if FG-X2 will take a similar approach!
Old 12th August 2018
Gear Addict

How does it sound comparé to the Waves API ? ( I dont have the subscription)
Old 13th August 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirito View Post
How does it sound comparé to the Waves API ? ( I dont have the subscription)
Sweetest API-typical high end in the box. You’ll forget about the Waves.
Old 13th August 2018
Here for the gear
Thanks for the updates Steven. VMR2 works like a charm again in Live 10 and like many said before, the new EQ sounds great. I hope we'll see some creative Slate style plugins in the future, pretty settled with EQ's, comp's and the lot by now.

Old 16th August 2018
Lives for gear

Steven, please make VMR2 work with Adobe Premiere CC 2018 (like 1.0 does) :-)
Old 26th August 2018
Here for the gear
One week later, installed the update, and loading time in Live (beta 7) is back at almost a minute.
This is getting so frustrating.

Edit: i'm sorry Steve but i have cancelled my renewal for now. I love the plugins but this continues waiting for instances to load, when i just want to quickly drop an EQ or something, has really put me off. I'll wait for the rack modules to be split.
Old 1st September 2018
Gear Head

Any chance for a LPF on the SSL eq?
Old 1st September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnipe View Post
Any chance for a LPF on the SSL eq?
I'd bet 'no,' but still vote for... don't know if they're ever on sale for less than $49 (got mine for free), but the Eliosis filters are quite capable in the SL8 rack (needs a gate/expander preferably with its own filters, though).
Old 14th October 2018
Gear Maniac

A couple of questions!

1) I've been loving the heck out of the Custom Series EQ. The manual says that it's based on studying over a dozen classic analog EQ's. This may be something that might be difficult to remember, but do you remember which EQ's specifically were modeled?

While some big names might be interesting to add to the list like Tube-Tech or Manley VU, I'm unsure if another EQ to the VMR is really necessary. If the Custom Series was modeled from some familiar names, they're essentially already in the VMR as it is .

2) I think there was an update coming along regarding iLok/PACE and faster load times? I was wondering how that was coming along!
Old 14th October 2018
Gear Nut

We need a gate/expander module for VMR!
Old 20th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel C Media View Post
A couple of questions!
2) I think there was an update coming along regarding iLok/PACE and faster load times? I was wondering how that was coming along!
Yeah the release notes says that they have fixed the loading times, but here it is just the same. I have sold all my licences except the Virtual Tubes because of this.
VMR + VTC = 7 seconds to load.
Only the 3 Tubes = 2.4 seconds
When i had 7 more modules it was loading for 15!! seconds.
That means if i had all the modules it would load for half a fcking minute.
I found this ridiculous, and stopped using VMR.
The same thing happens with Softube Modular, which uses the same iLok + licensed modules system.
This is where copy protection actually hurts the paying customers.
And with each new module it gets slower? No thanks.

But this might be only my machine:

So anyone who are willing to test this and has a lot of modules, can you measure the first instance loading time?
Also which ilok you use, and if you are on the subscription mode?

Thanks
Old 21st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
Yeah the release notes says that they have fixed the loading times, but here it is just the same. I have sold all my licences except the Virtual Tubes because of this.
VMR + VTC = 7 seconds to load.
Only the 3 Tubes = 2.4 seconds
When i had 7 more modules it was loading for 15!! seconds.
That means if i had all the modules it would load for half a fcking minute.
I found this ridiculous, and stopped using VMR.
The same thing happens with Softube Modular, which uses the same iLok + licensed modules system.
This is where copy protection actually hurts the paying customers.
And with each new module it gets slower? No thanks.

But this might be only my machine:

So anyone who are willing to test this and has a lot of modules, can you measure the first instance loading time?
Also which ilok you use, and if you are on the subscription mode?

Thanks
7 seconds!? Scandalous, how DARE they!! No wonder you sold all your licences. Do they not grasp the reality of our enormous importance in the universe as the genious music producers we are? I will boicott them from now on!!!!! My face is fuming with rage!
Old 6th November 2018
Mho
Lives for gear

Hi Steven, is there any chance of a black series SSL eq? The Brown in VMR sounds sweet but sometimes I miss the extra mile the black series give.
Old 15th November 2018
Gear Addict

My VMR is now taking 2+ minutes to load the first instance in Cubase and Studio One (Windows 7 64). iLok 3 and latest drivers. Great workflow!
Old 15th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
My VMR is now taking 2+ minutes to load the first instance in Cubase and Studio One (Windows 7 64). iLok 3 and latest drivers. Great workflow!
Well.. I can't think of any stronger case for separate plugins.
Old 15th November 2018
Gear Guru
The new version of VMR crashes Harrison Mixbus. The older version worked fine. Just an FYI. A pain since VMR is all over my sessions, and cost me a lot of time trying to figure out what was going on. I think was triggered when I used sync on my iLok. FWIW....Slate is no help since Mixbus isn't supported.....
Old 15th November 2018
Mho
Lives for gear

Is there any chance that VMR does double mono in protools?
Old 15th November 2018
Gear Addict

A computer restart did get the initial load back down to ~20 seconds, but still, come on.

Also, the right side of the VMR GUI is loading white blank in new Cubase 10.
Old 28th November 2018
Gear Maniac

FINALLY!!!

The latest beta fixes the loading times!!! It loads instantly here!

Had to update the ilok manager to 5.0.
Even there ilok release notes say that they improved loading times.
Now i really hope Softube can pull this off with the Modular plugins.

I'm considering getting back to the Slate plugins, but as i see they completely abandoned the non-subsribers.
No black friday sale for single plugins?
Old 28th November 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
I'm considering getting back to the Slate plugins, but as i see they completely abandoned the non-subsribers.
No black friday sale for single plugins?
Only for the Virtual Buss Compressors during this 2018 Black Friday .
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search