The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Slate Digital Releases VMR 2.0: The Modular Channel Strip Dynamics Plugins
Old 26th June 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.billington View Post
Funny you say that bcause Softube just realeased one about a week or two back.
We got pink2, gem550, Softube, we have great choices now. Would really to see what slate could do with an API emulation. Or maybe it would be a Pultec like someone suggested. Either way it would be an awesome addition to vmr.
Old 27th June 2018
Lives for gear

Steven... ala your Fart drum replacer, please realease a PooTech eq
Old 27th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Steven... ala your Fart drum replacer, please realease a PooTech eq
+1
Old 27th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
They also really need to fix the bug causing up to 30% use of pace service with VMR loaded on some systems. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJay View Post
I'm getting both of these issues: Over a minute and a half to load the first instance of VMR into an empty Cubase 9.5.3 project and a 5% Pace service cpu load (easily seen on Process Hacker) on a 6950X with all cores at 4.4. Thats a lot of wasted horsepower being used there!.
I got a response from Support with a fix for the PACE cpu use.

I just needed to remove VMS modules from the rack installation. (VMS Tube collections and Instruments collection)
Removing VMR Modules – Slate Digital.

So far so good.
Old 28th June 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:

I just needed to remove VMS modules from the rack installation. (VMS Tube collections and Instruments collection)

So far so good.
i just tried this with the tubes collection (since i am an everything bundle subscriber, thats the only thing i dont have on my ilok)... it still took over 30 seconds to load vmr when initializing my studio one v3 project template with 1 instance of vmr... like usual i think the load times will get worse and worse untill i reboot my pc and the first load goes quick again (normally about 10 seconds after a fresh reboot)

i have a windows 10 computer with a ssd for windows and plugin stuff... slow loading of vmr was the only reason i got that ssd as i started thinking my old c drive was slowing down bigtime!! it turns out now that i can reboot windows faster than i can load vmr alot of the time lol
Old 28th June 2018
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Hi please contact support. VMR 2.X should load faster than previous 1.X versions, if not, there could be fixes that support can offer.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 28th June 2018
Here for the gear
hey there !

this is my first post here, I did not want to open a new thread just about my experience.

I own a couple of slate plugins that I love ( VBC, tape machine , and the very first VMR too )

as I got an OX amp top box from UA a couple of weeks ago, I was very frustrated to have such a quality from the included FX but nothing compares to it in my DAW except the few slate plugins I own.

so I decided to submit the everything bundle just for one month..and...I spent my night to remix demo's I made for Bogner, Dunlop, Presonus or FXpansion.

here's a nice example, I shot this video monday ( there's no view on youtube, we use facebook )

and this is how it sounds now ( I never capture video from studio one, but I was so excited that I wanted to share this )

this bundle sounds fantastic. as a guitar player, the two more things I need are a spring reverb and a ducker delay.

I think I'll go for an annual plan now. I'm in love with that sound...!!!
Old 28th June 2018
Lives for gear
Welcome, Tristan, and thanks for such a great first post. You’re in for a treat with the Everything Bundle!
Old 29th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan klein View Post
hey there !

this is my first post here, I did not want to open a new thread just about my experience.

I own a couple of slate plugins that I love ( VBC, tape machine , and the very first VMR too )

as I got an OX amp top box from UA a couple of weeks ago, I was very frustrated to have such a quality from the included FX but nothing compares to it in my DAW except the few slate plugins I own.

so I decided to submit the everything bundle just for one month..and...I spent my night to remix demo's I made for Bogner, Dunlop, Presonus or FXpansion.

here's a nice example, I shot this video monday ( there's no view on youtube, we use facebook )

and this is how it sounds now ( I never capture video from studio one, but I was so excited that I wanted to share this )

this bundle sounds fantastic. as a guitar player, the two more things I need are a spring reverb and a ducker delay.

I think I'll go for an annual plan now. I'm in love with that sound...!!!

Can't Scuffham S-Gear do some spring reverbs? check it out! it comes in the Everything Bundle and it's the best darn digital guitar amp out there imo :D

--------

Do you guys think the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor would be a good addition to the Everything Bundle? I don't know much about it, but it seems to be another popular mastering compressor that's currently with the UAD bundle. I'm curious if it would be a worthy addition .
Old 10th July 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:

So far so good.
I submitted a ticket to them more than a month ago, and I got a response asking for more information, but I never heard the solution from them. Thanks for posting it. I'll probably be ending my subscription when renewal time comes around. I just don't use enough of the bundle to make it worth the subscription fee, and being forgotten about by the support staff just put a bad taste in my mouth. Good sounding stuff, but the test team dropped the ball and the support team scored a goal for the opponent.
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
Seems Adobe Premiere CC 2018 works with VMR in the new 2.1 update... so far so good! Thanks, Slate!!
Which new 2.1 update?

2.1.2.1 is from May 27, 2017 00:00
Old 10th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalawag View Post
Which new 2.1 update?

2.1.2.1 is from May 27, 2017 00:00
V2 just got released. This update is from 22 June 2018.

EDIT: Darn it! The plugin scan fine in Adobe Premiere CC 2018 but projects with VMR1 still crashes on load...

Last edited by blackcom; 13th July 2018 at 03:06 AM..
Old 22nd July 2018
Lives for gear
Has Slate released an update that makes VMR 2.0 work reliably in Studio One?
Old 23rd July 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsBot View Post
Has Slate released an update that makes VMR 2.0 work reliably in Studio One?
Don't use Slate VMR anymore after updating to the 2.0 release and Studio One. Takes forever to load. Just a workflow killer. I might use it again one day if that ever gets resolved but I'm kind of over Slate and the whole rack thing.

I did like the distressor and bought it but don't use it now after getting the UAD version.

Still bummed about buying FG-X way way back in the day when he put it on sale and said that version 2 was a month or two away and if you bought it now, it would be a free update. It's was ok at the time but it's been way outdone by others since.

I own way too many Slate plugins and don't use any of them anymore.
Old 23rd July 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau777 View Post
Don't use Slate VMR anymore after updating to the 2.0 release and Studio One. Takes forever to load. Just a workflow killer. I might use it again one day if that ever gets resolved but I'm kind of over Slate and the whole rack thing.

I did like the distressor and bought it but don't use it now after getting the UAD version.

Still bummed about buying FG-X way way back in the day when he put it on sale and said that version 2 was a month or two away and if you bought it now, it would be a free update. It's was ok at the time but it's been way outdone by others since.

I own way too many Slate plugins and don't use any of them anymore.
Thanks. That answers my question. I'll stay with the previous version, which I tend not to use since it's not forward compatible with 2.0. It seems like he's shooting himself in the foot by letting this problem continue. The less I can use his plug-ins, the more I go to substitutes, which are pretty good in their own right. Ultimately I will become a Slate non-user with none of his plug-ins running on my mixes.
Old 23rd July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsBot View Post
Thanks. That answers my question. I'll stay with the previous version, which I tend not to use since it's not forward compatible with 2.0. It seems like he's shooting himself in the foot by letting this problem continue. The less I can use his plug-ins, the more I go to substitutes, which are pretty good in their own right. Ultimately I will become a Slate non-user with none of his plug-ins running on my mixes.
They are obviously working on updating VMR.

Yeah, first instance takes a long time to load probably because reading multiple iLok licences.
Old 23rd July 2018
Lives for gear

VMR 2 causes major CPU errors in PT for me. Support doesn’t know what causes it. But VMR has been pretty unstable for the last two years.
Old 23rd July 2018
Gear Nut

What about the VCC Mix FX integration in Studio One? I have been waiting for this for a very long time now, as it was announced fulminantly by Steven.
Old 24th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyomega View Post
What about the VCC Mix FX integration in Studio One? I have been waiting for this for a very long time now, as it was announced fulminantly by Steven.
Yes!

And dammit Steven... add some springs to your deer a$$ reverb
Old 24th July 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz View Post
VMR 2 causes major CPU errors in PT for me. Support doesn’t know what causes it. But VMR has been pretty unstable for the last two years.
Hi Shatz, my guys tell me that you are having 9173 errors on PT. While it doesn't help you, I want to point out to anyone else reading this, that we haven't had any other reports about this issue.

My dev team has requested that Shatz send over some sessions so we can examine it. I hope we find out what's going on soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyomega View Post
It's on the list but comes down to priorities versus resources. Lots we want to do, but only so much time and people to do them.

Quote:
Yes!

And dammit Steven... add some springs to your deer a$$ reverb
Maaaaaaybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
They are obviously working on updating VMR.

Yeah, first instance takes a long time to load probably because reading multiple iLok licences.
The very first time you load VMR, it will load all the plugin licenses. On my machine this takes a few seconds. If it takes an unusually long amount of time on your system, please contact support.

There may be improvements and fixes such as removing modules that you don't have licenses for.

Thanks very much guys. And or the record, I've made single plugins a very high priority for those that want that option.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 24th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Hi Shatz, my guys tell me that you are having 9173 errors on PT. While it doesn't help you, I want to point out to anyone else reading this, that we haven't had any other reports about this issue.

My dev team has requested that Shatz send over some sessions so we can examine it. I hope we find out what's going on soon.

It's on the list but comes down to priorities versus resources. Lots we want to do, but only so much time and people to do them.

Maaaaaaybe.

The very first time you load VMR, it will load all the plugin licenses. On my machine this takes a few seconds. If it takes an unusually long amount of time on your system, please contact support.

There may be improvements and fixes such as removing modules that you don't have licenses for.

Thanks very much guys. And or the record, I've made single plugins a very high priority for those that want that option.

Cheers,
Steven
Liar...

Where’s the midiverb emu you promised? And legacy support for my Atari 2600 running Unix?

Sick of all your empty promises. You’re like a dream assassin Steven Slate.
Old 24th July 2018

Quote:
Liar...

Where’s the midiverb emu you promised? And legacy support for my Atari 2600 running Unix?

Sick of all your empty promises. You’re like a dream assassin Steven Slate.
Midiverb was my very first reverb. Sounded pretty good actually!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 24th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Midiverb was my very first reverb. Sounded pretty good actually!

Cheers,
Steven
I know.. you shared that here somewhere I think homie...
Old 24th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Maaaaaaybe.

Cheers,
Steven
Thanks Steven, sent them over the session.
Old 25th July 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
I'd be interested to see a non-edited video of this taking a few seconds on your machine. Here's my i7-6700k with 32 GB of RAM and an empty Cubase project. 28 seconds to load VMR:

Old 25th July 2018
Lives for gear

Those individual plug-ins are soundin' pretty good right about now.
Old 25th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachaction View Post
I'd be interested to see a non-edited video of this taking a few seconds on your machine. Here's my i7-6700k with 32 GB of RAM and an empty Cubase project. 28 seconds to load VMR:
As I'm learning to use Vegas Pro atm, any excuse to try something new (adding timer)

Cubase and Reaper both took between 15 and 16s here. W10, 5820k.

Old 25th July 2018
Gear Addict

I did just realize that my iLok License Manager was a little out of date, so I updated it and it brought the VMR initial loading time down to 15 seconds. But still, that's three times longer than any other plugin ever in the history of plugins. It's easy to say "Don't be such a baby over 15 seconds," but quite simply, that's just way above the established parameters of this industry, and thus it feels like an eternity.
Old 25th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachaction View Post
I did just realize that my iLok License Manager was a little out of date, so I updated it and it brought the VMR initial loading time down to 15 seconds. But still, that's three times longer than any other plugin ever in the history of plugins. It's easy to say "Don't be such a baby over 15 seconds," but quite simply, that's just way above the established parameters of this industry, and thus it feels like an eternity.
I used to leave a disabled instance in Cubase control room. May slow your Cubase startup but any loading of the plug after that is instant.
Doesn't matter if you close and open different projects. You only deal with the 15s if you have to quit Cubase completely.
Old 25th July 2018
Lives for gear

First load instance is about 3-4 seconds here. VMR2 and Windows 10 x64 1803 on SSD.

I upgraded to iLok 3 on both of my systems as its suposed to be alot faster then iLok 2.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search