The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Black Rooster Audio releases the VEQ-1P Program EQ Equalizer Plugins
Old 19th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Software Black Rooster Audio releases the VEQ-1P Program EQ

Black Rooster Audio is excited to present the VEQ-1P Program EQ, inspired by one of the most famous and renowned equalizers in studio history.

This plug-in allows for manipulation of the low and high end of the spectrum, without impairing the midrange. The interactive filter network, that features boost and cut at the same time will give the users multiple options of how to treat the shelf frequency, in a manner that is very musical and most other equalizers are not capable of achieving.

Try the famous „Pultec-Trick“ with the VEQ-1P on BassDrum for more definition and spectral transparency.

Grab your license as a limited time offer of $49 and a regular price of $89.

Please check Black Rooster Audio for further information.

FEATURES

AUTHENTIC CIRCUIT EMULATION
Our real time SPICE type component based circuit simulation approach allows to authentically capture the sound and feel of the analog counterpart in all nuances. Every crucial part of the circuit, including the passive filter network, audio transformers and amplifier tube stages have been faithfully modeled.

SSE2 OPTIMIZED CODE
DSP operations are pipe-lined using the SSE2 instruction set. This ensures highest possible performance operation despite very complex computations.

AUTO-ADJUSTED OVERSAMPLING FOR MAXIMUM AUDIO TRANSPARENCY
Aliasing artifacts are efficiently attenuated using a low latency linear phase Dolph-Chebyshev poly-phase design. The oversampling is auto-adjusted to your session's sample rate to save valuable CPU power while offering the most transparent sound possible.

HIGHDPI / RETINA SUPPORT
All our plug-Ins support high pixel density on Mac OSX and Windows to bring you the most enjoyable user experience on high DPI displays. Please refer to your manual to find whether your DAW is HighDPI capable if you're working on
Windows.

ABOUT BLACK ROOSTER AUDIO

We're an avid audio software company from Germany that brings you premium quality DAW plug-ins. Our processors can be used in the most popular host applications such as Steinberg Cubase, Apple Logic, Ableton Live and many others. We put all our dexterity into contriving and creating the most state-of-the-art software. We want to support you in your everyday recording, mixing or mastering process and provide you with highly creative, inspiring and great sounding tools.

Please check Black Rooster Audio for further information.

Old 19th April 2018
Gear Maniac

One of the deepest Pultec emulations out there.
Low end feels solid, smooth and gentle, high freqs are clean and sweet.
Also, since it emulates the whole path including input and output stage if hit it harder it'll deliver sweet harmonics and if push it even harder it saturates in a very musical and transparent way.
I was privileged to beta test it and for me, it not only classic Pultec Low-End trick but also cool overdrive for extreme vocals, I call it Pultec Overdrive trick

Congrats, BRA, as always you made highest quality tool.

Cheers!
Old 19th April 2018
Gear Addict

Bought! Thank you, this is what I was missing in the Pulteq-catalog :-)
Old 19th April 2018
Lives for gear

That one rivals the fine UAD mkII version.

I'm glad it can also be pushed into saturation. It produces some loveable tones.

Well done BRA, you guys still deliver the good stuff !

Not to mention an affordable price.
Old 19th April 2018
adl
Gear Addict

A comparison between UAD MK2 and this one would be great. This is gearslutz after all.
Old 19th April 2018
Lives for gear

This is kind of a no brainer, especial with this price tag.

Already got the VEQ-5.

Congrats BR guys !

Old 19th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage View Post
That one rivals the fine UAD mkII version.
Have you compared them?

I have a couple of Pultec plugins, but not completely satisfied with them.

I have already tried UAD MKII and Acustica Purple, so I cannot directly compare them with Black Roosters.

The price is tempting tho.
Old 19th April 2018
Gear Nut

Love the EQ-5 .... if this EQ have the same standard I will definitely buy it
Old 19th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Have you compared them?

I have a couple of Pultec plugins, but not completely satisfied with them.

I have already tried UAD MKII and Acustica Purple, so I cannot directly compare them with Black Roosters.

The price is tempting tho.
Yes, UAD mkII is my go-to.

So I was very pleased when I compared the two, even more so when I heard the VEQ-1 saturation.

I got similar sounding results. Slight differences were due to the fact that I tuned by ear, so obviously it couldn't be perfectly the same, but same ballpark, same "lush" quality.
Old 19th April 2018
Gear Nut

What a difference between BRA and a certain controvert developer who's always the cause of heated discussions here on GL...

Both are new companies, both make spice based emulations of vintage gear...The difference is that BRA's plugins are priced right and, most importantly, they actually work flawlessly!

Well done, Black Rooster.
Old 19th April 2018
Somehow, BRA plugins just clicks with me. Good job, Blackrooster
Old 19th April 2018
Gear Addict

Black Rooster makes great sounding stuff. Demoing right now and grateful for the affordable price. We have so many eq options these days it definitely makes the purchase more tempting!
Old 19th April 2018
Social content icons removed
Old 19th April 2018
Lives for gear

Congratulations on the release! This is indeed excellent.
Old 19th April 2018
Lives for gear

Tried to purchase 4 times. Twice using Opera browser and twice using Firefox. I get a 404 "fatal error" page each time I submit payment from paypal.
Old 19th April 2018
Gear Nut

Hmmm I have the Waves version ... maybe I should save my money .... unless .... hmm .... so many plugins so little money :-)
Old 19th April 2018
Oh, well imagine as they’d release 1176 on splice. From 1073 plugin to Pultec - it gets better and better

Last edited by EvgenyStudio; 21st April 2018 at 10:01 AM..
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

This sounds excellent.

In terms of features, PSP Nobleq rules.

In terms of sound...I keep coming back to this.
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley View Post
Tried to purchase 4 times. Twice using Opera browser and twice using Firefox. I get a 404 "fatal error" page each time I submit payment from paypal.
Hey Kyle, thanks for getting in touch. We are working on a fix. In the meantime, can you please try to make a purchase using Chrome. I understand, if you don't want that. Or else: I can set up a manual transaction. Let me know.
Old 20th April 2018
osk
Gear Head

Any special discount (or free like Soundtoys do) for those of us owners of the "all bundle"?
Old 20th April 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by osk View Post
Any special discount (or free like Soundtoys do) for those of us owners of the "all bundle"?
Or indeed an upgrade path to the "all bundle" or "VEQ bundle"
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Addict

Nice job BRA, another great sounding emulation at a great price.
If you need an EQP-1a emu don't sleep on this.
Old 20th April 2018
Picking it up today. So far everything I've tried of theirs is golden.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Softube has a flash sale on their Pultecs for $69 and $49. The timing can't be a coincidence.
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan View Post
Softube has a flash sale on their Pultecs for $69 and $49. The timing can't be a coincidence.
Forget Softube. Theirs don't even saturate when pushed, which makes me question how far did they go into modeling the hardware.
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

My all time fav pultec is ozone veq. Love that thing even though clean as a whistle. But very excited to try this.
Old 21st April 2018
Wow. The boxtone alone makes it worth the money. Throw it on a Drum bus with the settings zeroed out. Instant bettermaker. And that is what I love about Black Rooster.
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage View Post
Forget Softube. Theirs don't even saturate when pushed, which makes me question how far did they go into modeling the hardware.
Strange enough I tried this and it is good, but I ending up not buying it as I do prefer my first and second choice pultecs that I already have.
My go to for the last few years have been the softube one and uad mk2 one as my second choice.
I use them almost exclusively on vocals, whether spoken or sung and whilst I do agree that the uad saturates more, I do prefer the softube one most of the time.
I actually will go further and says one of my friends has both the softube one and the hardware brand (tube-tech) that it was modeled after and we could barely tell the difference after spending quite a few hours a/b ing them on several types of sources.
And I don't even like softube as a company anymore, so I have no reason to glorify them undeservedly.

ymmv.
rsp
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear
This is cheaper than the Softube. Even with the Softube on sale it is still cheaper at the intro price. Sonimus Soneq Pro also does the Pultec thing but a different flavour.

Anyway I think VEQ-1P sounds excellent, very smooth and I like that it doesn’t mess up the transients.
Old 21st April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by osk View Post
Yes, we offer that, based on the plug-ins you already own. Please get in touch via info at blackroosteraudio.com
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search