The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Black Rooster Audio releases the VEQ-1P Program EQ Equalizer Plugins
Old 21st April 2018
  #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRooster View Post
Yes, we offer that, based on the plug-ins you already own. Please get in touch via info at blackroosteraudio.com
Do'h, too late I just bought it
Old 21st April 2018
  #32
Gear Nut
 

I just bought it too - together with the WEQ-5, VHL-3c and the VPRE 73 I now have at killer eq/ soundehancement setup
Old 21st April 2018
  #33
osk
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRooster View Post
Yes, we offer that, based on the plug-ins you already own. Please get in touch via info at blackroosteraudio.com
Thanks!
Old 21st April 2018
  #34
Gear Head
 

The demo of thing sounds great nice job BRA... How long is the $49 offer on for?
Old 21st April 2018
  #35
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Hjortnaes View Post
Do'h, too late I just bought it


Me too
Old 21st April 2018
  #36
Gear Maniac
 
BlackRooster's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funksta View Post
The demo of thing sounds great nice job BRA... How long is the $49 offer on for?
Until the 30th of April, 2018.
Old 22nd April 2018
  #37
Lives for gear
 
Keith Moore's Avatar
 

Would love to give this company a shot but I still haven’t been able to get the free plug-ins to authorize yet. Contacting them directly hasn’t been optional either.
Old 22nd April 2018
  #38
Gear Maniac
 
BlackRooster's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Moore View Post
Would love to give this company a shot but I still haven’t been able to get the free plug-ins to authorize yet. Contacting them directly hasn’t been optional either.
Hi Keith, get in touch via info at blackroosteraudio.com --> I will look into this.
Old 22nd April 2018
  #39
Lives for gear
 
BM Grabber's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage View Post
Forget Softube. Theirs don't even saturate when pushed, which makes me question how far did they go into modeling the hardware.
Remember that the Softube one is NOT an emu of the Pultec.... It is an emu of the Tube-Tech PE1C.... Which has always been a more "Hi-Fi" version of the older Pultec.

The Softube Tube-Tech PE 1C is a great plugin for what it is supposed to do/sound like

That said, the BR VEQ-1P is also a great one... and the two should really complement each other. Some times you may need some more "girth", and some times you may need a bit cleaner option.

PS. The two are NOT supposed to be exactly the same

Now... back to the VEQ-1P
Old 22nd April 2018
  #40
Lives for gear
 
kj.metissage's Avatar
Sure, I'm aware of that fact.

But if you push the PE 1C hardware it should produce some tube saturation.

I guess Softube considered that using it as an EQ, it wasn't making enough of a difference, and that such unit wasn't known for "abusing the tube stage".
Old 22nd April 2018
  #41
Gear Addict
 
johnnynash's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Hjortnaes View Post
Do'h, too late I just bought it
Me too, I own ALL of their plugins! Worth every penny
Old 22nd April 2018
  #42
Lives for gear
 
Keith Moore's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRooster View Post
Hi Keith, get in touch via info at blackroosteraudio.com --> I will look into this.
Email sent, sent a previous email regarding this a few weeks ago too.
Old 23rd April 2018
  #43
osk
Gear Head
 

Lovely and fat.. it sounds really round - don't know how to describe it better.. Saturation is really warm.. So undigital.. Another amazing plugin!
Old 24th April 2018
  #44
Gear Nut
 

I tried it and it is so good. From my tests I found it was soooo close to another nebula pultec, really close to it. With the advantage of not having to load 4 nebula instances of course.

Anyway I would like if you, BR guys, could create a stepped version so the knobs can be dialed to labelled values. I don’t mind if you can dial in continous values too but I would need to dial at entire numbers easily. I can not do it as it is. It would be an instant buy. Is it possible, please?
Old 24th April 2018
  #45
Gear Nut
 

That stepped feature would be great in all your plugins.
At least in pultecs would be so useful.

Last edited by babiuk; 24th April 2018 at 11:52 AM..
Old 24th April 2018
  #46
Quote:
Originally Posted by babiuk View Post
That stepped feature would be great in all your plugins.
At least in pultecs would be so useful.
Why?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'm interested in knowing exactly why.
Old 24th April 2018
  #47
Lives for gear
 

Is it not stepped in .1 increments? You have more flexibility this way. Given the choice, I much prefer smaller increments over larger ones.
Old 24th April 2018
  #48
Gear Nut
 

Maybe I didn´t express myself in the best way, sorry.

I am not asking BR to do a "just fixed values" version, I was meaning something like the Waves ones where you have the "continous" or little steps for dialing and apart from it you can dial in entire numbers just by cliking on the numbers. This is very useful for me and it helps me to minimize things, I can limit it to fixed values and then correct them if I need to. It is my way and I don´t expect the rest to do it that way but I find useful that feature and I would like to have it on BR.
I find it useful too when I want to compare values for a certain freq in an inmediate way, i.e.: for 100Hz boosting at 1 vs at 8(random example) I have to move the know with the mouse and it takes a time to do it while cliking is inmediate
Old 24th April 2018
  #49
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by babiuk View Post
Maybe I didn´t express myself in the best way, sorry.

I am not asking BR to do a "just fixed values" version, I was meaning something like the Waves ones where you have the "continous" or little steps for dialing and apart from it you can dial in entire numbers just by cliking on the numbers. This is very useful for me and it helps me to minimize things, I can limit it to fixed values and then correct them if I need to. It is my way and I don´t expect the rest to do it that way but I find useful that feature and I would like to have it on BR.
I find it useful too when I want to compare values for a certain freq in an inmediate way, i.e.: for 100Hz boosting at 1 vs at 8(random example) I have to move the know with the mouse and it takes a time to do it while cliking is inmediate
Ok, so you want to text entry of values? That makes more sense now.
Old 24th April 2018
  #50
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Ok, so you want to text entry of values? That makes more sense now.
No texting values, no, I mean a feature which allows you to set (i.e.) the value 3 for boost when I click over the number 3 in the GUI. For getting that 3 value as it is now I have to move the knob from its position to the 3 position.
Old 24th April 2018
  #51
@babiuk, I get it now. The direct-clicking-a-value feature, I too find useful on other plugins, for example Soundtoys Sie-Q.
Old 25th April 2018
  #52
Lives for gear
Sounds great so far - like it MUCH better than the Waves which seems to mess with the midrange more than the BRA...

+1 on the direct-clicking a value thing

A couple of Pro Tools questions/requests:

• Can you implement the automation indication (color around control) when automation is active? I can't think of any other plugin that doesn't adhere to this

• You do support the CONTROL+OPTION+COMMAND to activate an automation parameter but not the standard of CONTROL + COMMAND to show that automation lane - can that be added?

• Why are your plugins in a separate "wrapped plugins" folder in PT? It's especially curious as AVID do not allow AAX wrapping! It would be much cleaner to do away with this and have the plugins show up in their proper folder (EQ, Dynamics, etc.)

Regardless this is a purchase for me and will be a great addition to the plugs of yours I already own - great work
Old 26th April 2018
  #53
Gear Nut
 

Thanks for the easy way to describ it: "direct-clicking-a-value feature"

#BlackRooster guys:

Would you add this kind of feature?
Old 26th April 2018
  #54
Lives for gear
 
Jpga's Avatar
 

Great work BRA
Old 27th April 2018
  #55
Gear Head
 

Just bought this today after testing it, there is just something realy nice about the way this sounds that i love over the other options out there.

My bank acount hates you BRA but its worth every penny.
Old 28th April 2018
  #56
I can't believe no one has mentioned this. Insane boxtone running these three together. Good lord.
Attached Thumbnails
Black Rooster Audio releases the VEQ-1P Program EQ-capture.jpg  
Old 28th April 2018
  #57
Lives for gear
 
Gemylon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by db9d9 View Post
... boxtone ...

Just in case someone is not familiar with the term ...

What is "boxtone"?


And yes, all together now !






Last edited by Gemylon; 28th April 2018 at 07:38 PM..
Old 28th April 2018
  #58
Gear Nut
Any idea when the intro price ends.Haven't got a chance to demo it yet.
Old 28th April 2018
  #59
Gear Addict
 
Lesha's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdown View Post
Any idea when the intro price ends.Haven't got a chance to demo it yet.
Black Rooster Audio releases the VEQ-1P Program EQ
Old 28th April 2018
  #60
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdown View Post
Any idea when the intro price ends.Haven't got a chance to demo it yet.
From the top of this page...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRooster View Post
Until the 30th of April, 2018.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump