The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MANTIS, the first Nebula library by SoundDrops is out! Dynamics Plugins
Old 22nd June 2018
Gear Maniac

The whole process of getting the trial is confusing and painfull , you have improved the process slightly with the aquarius system but I'm 20 minutes in and still do not have the trial.I'm not stupid I do not need any advice and should not need advice on a installation.Acustica is the most annoying website and company to use , I left and sold many years ago and things have not got better.Im sure all you guys and gals are great people , your product sounds really great , top notch even but your system is terrible and I will never even demo another product with you again nevermind purchase one.
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFalcon View Post
The whole process of getting the trial is confusing and painfull , you have improved the process slightly with the aquarius system but I'm 20 minutes in and still do not have the trial.I'm not stupid I do not need any advice and should not need advice on a installation.Acustica is the most annoying website and company to use , I left and sold many years ago and things have not got better.Im sure all you guys and gals are great people , your product sounds really great , top notch even but your system is terrible and I will never even demo another product with you again nevermind purchase one.
To each their own...... and best of luck to you in your future tool selections.
Old 22nd June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Maybe I (or someone else) might try to help, but since you say you don't need any advice I guess it wouldn't be of much use anyway...
Old 22nd June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteDal View Post
Maybe I (or someone else) might try to help, but since you say you don't need any advice I guess it wouldn't be of much use anyway...
Save the sarcasm for your stand up gig.
The point is I should not need any advice , I need zero advice with any other product why should Acustica be given an exemption.

The process is terrible this is not user error , will never use them ever again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
To each their own...... and best of luck to you in your future tool selections.
I wont need any luck with my future tool selection because they will all install and authorize as intended
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I wont need any luck with my future tool selection because they will all install and authorize as intended
I have over 40 Aquas and Nebula libraries all easily authorized within Aquarius, all of those are also authorized outside Aquarius on 2 other offline DAW's...... I'm thinking user misunderstanding and attitude might be your real problem.
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

I concur with Will.

Every ACQUA/N4 has been downloaded and authorized via Aquarius.

It is fundamental to run Aquarius in 'Administration' mode, and to use the proper Username[email]/Password.
Old 22nd June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I have over 40 Aquas and Nebula libraries all easily authorized within Aquarius, all of those are also authorized outside Aquarius on 2 other offline DAW's...... I'm thinking user misunderstanding and attitude might be your real problem.
As mentioned I've had the whole nebula package before I sold my account , I know how to install a vst.I could have messed around a little longer but I refuse too , thats terrible service.I was making a point about a product you and the other poster came in with the attitude and sarcasm so suck it up when you get it right back.
Old 22nd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
As mentioned I've had the whole nebula package before I sold my account , I know how to install a vst.I could have messed around a little longer but I refuse too , thats terrible service.I was making a point about a product you and the other poster came in with the attitude and sarcasm so suck it up when you get it right back.
I had ZERO sarcasm, I understood you wanted no help and a need to vent your frustrations...... I then wished you luck if finding tools that work for you, then you unnecessarily responded to me in a dikhead way.

Like it or not you clearly do not understand how to properly use Aquarius, or like thousands of users you would have it running. We are a helpful community and have seen about every possible issue with this advanced technology. We as a community help misunderstanding users like yourself to grasp how to use AA's tools in all the different computer and DAW's possible. AA changed their whole system last year so having Nebula before means little as to how to use the new easy download, authorization, and updating system.

Let's not pretend, you have no interest in AA's tools, and that's ok, to each their own, it's my motto around here.... but there is no need to keep posting about something you have no interest in..... unless you just want to troll a thread.

So again I say, best of luck to you in finding tools that do work for you.
Old 23rd June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I had ZERO sarcasm
Let's not pretend, you have no interest in AA's tools, and that's ok, to each their own, it's my motto around here.... but there is no need to keep posting about something you have no interest in..... unless you just want to troll a thread.

So again I say, best of luck to you in finding tools that do work for you.

I have told you and I will tell you again I owned a lot of Nebula Stuff way back , I have an interest because they have a good sound.There website and everything else is a mess.

To resort to the "oh you are a troll" is just childish , you were being sarcastic man up and own it.

I am allowed an opinion on a product , the acquiring of the trial should not be a long ass journey.I have zero issues with any of my other tools.

I do not want to tinker or mess around I want tools that work straight away.

Last edited by JayFalcon; 23rd June 2018 at 10:34 AM..
Old 23rd June 2018
Lives for gear

After testing MANTIS quite a lot, I'm going to purchase it right now.
This compressor is so beautiful in the mix bus!
Ooow and don't forget to mention that I never had any problem with Aquarius and the whole system of Acustica in terms of installing etc.
Zero issues!
Congrats SteDal! (Cobalt is one of my favourite Aquas as well)
Old 23rd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
After testing MANTIS quite a lot, I'm going to purchase it right now.
This compressor is so beautiful in the mix bus!
Ooow and don't forget to mention that I never had any problem with Aquarius and the whole system of Acustica in terms of installing etc.
Zero issues!
Congrats SteDal! (Cobalt is one of my favourite Aquas as well)
Good choice! As well as being lovely on the master channel, it's fantastic for really crushing stuff.

Nuke mode - Parallel on drums, It can really make things sound nuts whilst retaining that nice open sound.
Old 23rd June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have told you and I will tell you again I owned a lot of Nebula Stuff way back , I have an interest because they have a good sound.There website and everything else is a mess.
You had interest, could not download the demo and became frustrated, then vented here, stating "I do not need any advice and should not need advice on a installation". Your expectations were not met, it's ok, it happens to us all at times. Most people then ask for help, you did not want help, and you no longer want to demo or purchase anything from AA.

FWIW, you are not an expert in this technology just because you used Nebula in the past, a lot has changed with AA. Many on this site are experts and offer help as AA is the only company on the planet with this technology. Expecting AA to be the same as other companies is illogical. You are entitled to your opinions, you don't have to use AA's tools as you said you will not, so please move along to the tools you want and stop posting negatively here.

Quote:
To resort to the "oh you are a troll" is just childish , you were being sarcastic man up and own it.
"I will never even demo another product with you again nevermind purchase one. "

When people want nothing to do with something they move on to what they are interested in, to keep posting would be considered trolling....

Quote:
I am allowed an opinion on a product , the acquiring of the trial should not be a long ass journey.I have zero issues with any of my other tools.
Logically all opinions count, but you have not offered an opinion on Mantis, the thread topic. All you've done is vented and then accuse others of what your imagination has dreamed up. Thus far you are simply derailing a thread with negative posts. You are expecting AA to be another company, they are not and will never be. They are using another technology, the only other technology option to algorithm based plugins. You can't expect AA to work like other companies, to do so is illogical.

Your only posted opinion was limited to not being able to download the demo, and because your had prior Nebula experience you "do not need any advice and should not need advice on a installation", thus you were here to vent, and vent you did, and yet you are still posting....... it's time to move on.

You also posted false information.... "I left and sold many years ago and things have not got better". Huge documented improvements have been made by AA, coming here posting false information is not an opinion and against forum rules.

Quote:
I do not want to tinker or mess around I want tools that work straight away.
Thousands of us work that way, AA has made serious improvements to the download, installation, and authorization of their technology not to mention the almost instant workflow gratification of their current tools. What used to take hours now takes minutes, it's now so easy to use AA tools. They still have their process, Nebula still loads libraries, and you have to properly install and sign into Aquarius with a current account from the new website.

The improvements and superior sound quality have major Grammy engineers like Dave Pensado & Luca Potolsi using and praising AA's tools. Doug Fearn has officially endorsed AA's tools too, he runs AA's plugins on his 5820K based system....... but of course it's all of us that are confused, not you. LOL... now that was my first sarcastic statement to you.

So, please move on and for the last time BEST OF LUCK to you on finding tools that work straight away for you they way you expect.

To each their own.
Old 24th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:

To each their own.
I'm not even going to read this wall of txt , you have a massive personal bias for this company that much is obvious.

I stated a honest opinion that the companies authorisation system is terrible , they SUCK , not me , THEM.
Do you get it yet !!???

Companies like Klanghelm DDMF put them to shame and they are one man bands.
Also there is no excuse for this , they are making loads of money ripping of other companies algorithms and sound without paying royalties.

Sorry for insulting you side chick mate , you really need to chill out it's just software

Last edited by JayFalcon; 24th June 2018 at 10:27 AM..
Old 24th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Also there is no excuse for this , they are making loads of money ripping of other companies algorithms and sound without paying royalties.
Hey, what?

Specifically about Mantis, the hardware was built by the same guy who sampled de unit.
Old 24th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Hey, what?

Specifically about Mantis, the hardware was built by the same guy who sampled de unit.

Not on about Mantis , just on about all the money Acustica have made from other peoples hardware and still cannot afford a decent website and authorisation system.

And just for example I downloaded the Sonimus StonEQ4k demo this morning , was installed and demoing in under 2 mins
Old 24th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Not on about Mantis , just on about all the money Acustica have made from other peoples hardware and still cannot afford a decent website and authorisation system.

And just for example I downloaded the Sonimus StonEQ4k demo this morning , was installed and demoing in under 2 mins
Look, it's not the most common authorization system, but it's nothing bad for me. I'm actually reading the SOS magazine review of Pink2 right now, and here what they say:

"Installation and authorisation of Acustica plug-ins has sometimes been a bumpy
ride in the past, but the company’s new Aquarius download manager and licence centre worked painlessly for me."

But I get that it can get complicated in some systems, because all the settings have to be perfectly aligned.

And the part about stealing other's hardwares is just bull**** to me. I think that no-one can bring that solely to one company. If you want to do that, let's discuss all the plugin business elsewhere.
Old 24th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
And the part about stealing other's hardwares is just bull**** to me. I think that no-one can bring that solely to one company. If you want to do that, let's discuss all the plugin business elsewhere.

The previous poster was saying we should make allowances for Acustica Audio because they are different , so I'm making a point that they are selling fancy IR's of other peoples work and making good money from it.
They deserve no special treatment.

I do not care weather it was browser compatibility or there system being stupid , whatever it was it showed and reminded me why I stopped using them.
Old 24th June 2018
Gear Addict
Acustica isnt the only company using other peoples designs. U can call rip off from IR:s, but for that to be legit you would have to say the same thing for all the other dev:s picking stuff apart analysing every soldered item in a box, to get as near as possible to that thing they are copying! Waves, Slate, all of them really!
So that argument doesnt really hold water!

For me, i love aquarious! I wish all other dev would do the same, OR, that all developer would use on to rule them all!
That would be handy! Aquarious just tells u when there is an update, click update, done!
Sknot, i have to check this place out, i have to log in and download and open to see if there is an update.
So, all have something good and something bad. Been with Acustica for a long while to, and they sure caught up in that department. It was a hassel before.

Old 24th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not even going to read this wall of txt , you have a massive personal bias for this company that much is obvious.
If having an opinion is having a bias then we all might be biased. If only irrational opinions point to bias it would appear that ball has landed in your court.

You came to this thread, where a whole slew of people would have been happy to help you with your installation issues, but you preempted any kindness or helpfulness before it could begin. You have an issue, and damnit you don’t want it fixed!

Further, you seem resentful that the people on this thread use and like Acustica products and are willing to defend that opinion . . . well of course we do! Who did you think you’d find in an Acustica-centric thread? Only people who dislike their products? What kind of weirdos would waste a bunch of their time posting complaints on a thread for a product that they don’t even like?!? . . . even if they haven’t used it?!? . . . (that’s even weirdo-er)

Were you expecting us all to agree with you? . . (to abandon our use of AA products upon your venting - despite the amazing results we’re getting with them)? That’s not rational.

Last edited by wjmwpg; 24th June 2018 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 24th June 2018
Lives for gear
Aquarius is now FOR ME, one of the best installation and authorization managers period. You just need to be online for an ideal experience. It’s still the old method one has to use if your machine is offline. One thing I consider suboptimal though with AA plug-ins is that a Trial cannot turn into a commercial version by simply registering it via Aquarius. This leads to the my final gripe that one cannot copy paste nor load saved presets between Trial and Commercial versions. This costs me a lot of frustration at times. I am of course not complaining in any way about sound. It’s like nothing I’ve ever heard ITB to date.
This is something I would like see in the pipeline for Core 13
Old 24th June 2018
Lives for gear

We can officially say......please don't feed the troll.
Old 24th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, my bad . . . and I forgot why I came here in the first place! So . . .

Finally got a moment to install and (very briefly) test Mantis last night. I have no idea why I threw it on my drum bus (already “finished” with Acqua EQs, TimP comp + pre, and some subtle Airwindows sat), but I did . . . Without any clear intention, (just “playing”) I slowed the Attack Time to 12.5ms and brought the threshold down so I was only getting 1 or 2db of reduction at most, and finally slowly rolled the HP filter up, stopping at 50hz. What this did to the solidity and imaging was really interesting. Not only did it add firmness and density to every sound, but it also slightly increased the separation and imaging depth of the sounds (very busy electronic drums). I find with most comps that you get one or the other of these effects, but not both simultaneously. Really impressed.
Old 24th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Troll !!?? Are you 10 years old ??

I'll leave you guys to your circlejerk , I know it's hard to be unbiased when you have spent a lot of money.

My opinion is valid.
Old 24th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post
Yeah, my bad . . . and I forgot why I came here in the first place! So . . .

Finally got a moment to install and (very briefly) test Mantis last night. I have no idea why I threw it on my drum bus (already “finished” with Acqua EQs, TimP comp + pre, and some subtle Airwindows sat), but I did . . . Without any clear intention, (just “playing”) I slowed the Attack Time to 12.5ms and brought the threshold down so I was only getting 1 or 2db of reduction at most, and finally slowly rolled the HP filter up, stopping at 50hz. What this did to the solidity and imaging was really interesting. Not only did it add firmness and density to every sound, but it also slightly increased the separation and imaging depth of the sounds (very busy electronic drums). I find with most comps that you get one or the other of these effects, but not both simultaneously. Really impressed.
Yeah, Mantis is a real workhorse comp for me, in fact only Opto 3A is used more ITB.... these newer Nebula/Acqua comps have replaced almost all my algo comps.
Old 24th June 2018
Lives for gear

Goodbye JF - IGNORE LIST
Old 25th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yeah, Mantis is a real workhorse comp for me, in fact only Opto 3A is used more ITB.... these newer Nebula/Acqua comps have replaced almost all my algo comps.
Just out of interest - which algo comps do you still use?!

I LOVE all of the Tim P comps and recent Acquas too. Mantis (and L Bus) are the only ones which have worked really well for me on the Mix Bus. I haven’t found an algo which has the weight and controls the low end like Nebula/Acqua. Just a shame I don’t have the system to cope with many instances!
Old 25th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post

I LOVE all of the Tim P comps and recent Acquas too. Mantis (and L Bus) are the only ones which have worked really well for me on the Mix Bus. I haven’t found an algo which has the weight and controls the low end like Nebula/Acqua. Just a shame I don’t have the system to cope with many instances!
The only algo comps I still sometimes use are the Waves L2, Slate FG-X, and Fabfilter comps, like you I have not found algo comps to sound and react like hardware does when compressing, but they still have some uses. Mantis and L Bus do a good job on buses but I went back hardware for my 2 bus with a VT-7 comp. I'm enjoying Nebula/Acqua's for mixing then hardware on my 2 bus to bring it all together.

As always, to each their own.
Old 25th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post

I too have recently dropped 'algo' comps in favor of Acquas/N4s [Mastering].

About the only Algo dynamics plugins I still use are FabFilter's L2, or DMG Limitless Limiters.
Old 25th June 2018
Lives for gear

The only Algos I’m still using from time to time are those from Airwindows and DMG. The former because some of them do things no hardware, hardware emu, (or other algos) do, and the latter because of the extreme config flexibility for when you need your comp to do one thing in exactly one way . . . if that makes sense?!? :P

. . . Oh yeah, and TDR KOTELNIKOV.

. . . and oh yeah pt. 2, Klanghelms

. . . and oh yeah pt. 3, sometimes SKnote comps

So I guess I still use a few Algos from time to time, but I think for a lot of them it's mostly because I'm familiar with them so I think of them when I want a certain sound . . . however that's becoming rarer and rarer as I get more and more familiar with all the Nebula and Acqua comp options.

Last edited by wjmwpg; 30th June 2018 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: Forgetfulness
Old 25th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Thanks guys - interesting that the algo comps you all use are essentially clean with no modelled distortion. I definitely need to play with Mantis more on individual tracks.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search