The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MANTIS, the first Nebula library by SoundDrops is out! Dynamics Plugins
Old 2nd May 2018
Lives for gear

Wow, I was pretty happy using Cobalt or Coral for the 2-Bus as my go-to. Rarely I needed anything else.

Just tried Mantis instead of Cobalt on a particular one, and Mantis won hands down. Better image and more separation of the elements. The mix got a bit forward too, which was a very good thing in this case.

Dammit, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to spend this money. Now I have to test much more.
Old 2nd May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP2020 View Post
All the Neb 3 libraries don't show up in N4 though from Neb 3 Pro Bundle..
I'm not sure what you're saying here.

First ... can you clarify what you describe as the 'Neb 3 Pro Bundle' ? Do you mean the available factory Libraries from AA ?

[will follow up after reply]

thx
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Maniac

I was weak and succumbed to the purchase of Mantis. Not sure if it’s me but most buss compressors I have, used in a mastering context (Coral especially), seem to add to much hardness and transient but this baby is smooth and I love the glue it adds at 1.5:1. I’m also able to use a pretty fast attack without destroying transients. Love it with a lil’ bit of the high pass filter too... Thanks so much SteDal!
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
I was weak and succumbed to the purchase of Mantis. Not sure if it’s me but most buss compressors I have, used in a mastering context (Coral especially), seem to add to much hardness and transient but this baby is smooth and I love the glue it adds at 1.5:1. I’m also able to use a pretty fast attack without destroying transients. Love it with a lil’ bit of the high pass filter too... Thanks so much SteDal!
Thank you, @djrustycans

Given the unanimous positive response I'm getting with Mantis, I'm remotely thinking about making a real hardware processor out of it...

Please note the use of the word 'remotely'...
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteDal View Post
Thank you, @djrustycans

Given the unanimous positive response I'm getting with Mantis, I'm remotely thinking about making a real hardware processor out of it...

Please note the use of the word 'remotely'...
Please make it a DIY option!! Even if you do 'just the compression' and leave the balanced input and output stages off.....they can be had from somewhere else. Just PCB boards for the compressor part and parts list would do it.
Old 8th May 2018
Lives for gear

This is killer on the nuke setting!
Old 8th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Hi everybody.

Just a quick reminder: in 7 days the special introductory offer for Mantis is due to expire.

So do not miss this deadline, in case you want to take advantage of today's reduced price!

Old 8th May 2018
Lives for gear

Definitely DEMO the Mantis Compressor.

I've had the pleasure of using Mantis on several Mastering projects.

Very easy to setup and use ... sonically works with every project so far with its subtle transparency ... allows ALL my 'character' enhancing
to show ... and control.

Nice work SteDal.
Old 9th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Currently demoing Mantis and Tokyo EQ and probably going to buy them both. However, I installed Mantis after the Tokyo EQ and it seemed to overwrite my Tokyo instances. I'm using the N4 Player and on a Mac. Anyone else know about this? I asked AA support a few days back.
Old 9th May 2018
Worth every penny, great compressor.
Old 10th May 2018
Gear Maniac

when is the intro price finished? want to make sure I don't miss it
Old 10th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchillak View Post
when is the intro price finished? want to make sure I don't miss it
In about seven days, maybe a bit longer.

Probably I'll let the special introductory offer valid until Sunday, May 20th.
Old 12th May 2018
Gear Addict
Tried it.. Liked it.. Bought it.... SteDal.. This compressor is a winner ....Congrats bro.
Old 12th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustream View Post
Tried it.. Liked it.. Bought it.... SteDal.. This compressor is a winner ....Congrats bro.
Thank you @mustream...

...and all you guys expressing here your appreciation for Mantis.

It's really hugely rewarding for me.
Old 12th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you @mustream...

...and all you guys expressing here your appreciation for Mantis.

It's really hugely rewarding for me.
In reality .... its' more rewarding for US !
Old 13th May 2018
Lives for gear

I can't get over how much this can open up a mix, it's crazy. It doesn't really sound like it's compressing with lower GR it just ties things together and lets everything breathe. I made a loop yesterday and just tried this out on the master and the effect is not subtle in the slightest but doesn't sound processed at the same time, the space in which the reverbs and delays sit just opens right up and everything gets glued together in the nicest way.

In parallel on the nuke setting you can do some mad things to drums. I have a lot of experimenting to do with this!

So happy with this, thank you SteDal - it's easily my favourite compressor
Old 13th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Has someone working N4 player working in Bitwig 1? I cannot test your library in presale price :/

Another question for Acustica Audio devs: what is difference between new Aqua and Nebula libaries? EG. Mantis vs Bronze
Why it is different but loads in N4 player? It is confusing to search it in Acustica Audio site. Why on the earth should consumer still do research to install your products? Finding product, buying trial to show installation in another program, in Aquaris you have to laborate to install it like you want (path, is it installed?, uninstall/reinstall process?), incompatible trial vs commercial releases. I know you are investing lot of time for support but why I feel your products are always halve baked for a lot of money. You tried to make the process easier but new workflows are also confusing with some devil details.

I am not first time user (and IT programmer) and I am still confused with some processes and also lost one hour with trying to get N4 player with library working and writing about it. This should be the new and easiest product for Acustica beginners - N4 player and library... :(
Old 13th May 2018
Gear Nut

Great compressor. Bravo.

"Mantis comes with a streamlined, clear 2D GUI"

I really wish all my audio plugins would be so easy on the eyes like this one, it's a joy to use on very long day at the studio.
Old 14th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Rigout View Post
I really wish all my audio plugins would be so easy on the eyes like this one, it's a joy to use on very long day at the studio.
Yep, really nice/simple GUI on Mantis.
And a really useful and easy to use manual
Old 14th May 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Yep, really nice/simple GUI on Mantis.
And a really useful and easy to use manual
Yup.. Agreed here as well.. Could work with this thing all day and doesn't get tired on the eyes.
Old 16th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Bought. It will dance on my master buss. How can I get 48kHz sampling? On Nebula GUI there is 44.1 and I cannot be switched :( Also trial commercial licence switch is not clear to me. I hope to have now proper licence installed through aqaurius.
Old 17th May 2018
Gear Maniac

@linkstate: I'm glad you too like Mantis!
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkstate View Post
Bought. It will dance on my master buss. How can I get 48kHz sampling? On Nebula GUI there is 44.1 and I cannot be switched :(
Mantis being a "pure" compressor (ie. no additional preamp stage, no eq...), there's nothing to worry about the sampling rate.
All compressors in Nebula-land are completely 'sample rate unaware', so there's no need for different vectors. Just don't care about the SR figure shown on the display or any flashing arrow: everything is perfectly fine.

Quote:
Also trial commercial licence switch is not clear to me. I hope to have now proper licence installed through aqaurius.
Here I can't be of much help, since I never went through the Trial-then-Commercial installation routine. However I guess they should be entirely separate entries, so you should see them both in your Nebula browser...

Hopefully maybe someone more experienced than me will chime in on this subject.

Edit: I love your first sentence! Would you give me permission to use it for marketing purposes..?

"Mantis will dance on your master bus!"
Old 17th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkstate View Post
Bought. It will dance on my master buss. How can I get 48kHz sampling? On Nebula GUI there is 44.1 and I cannot be switched :( Also trial commercial licence switch is not clear to me. I hope to have now proper licence installed through aqaurius.
To clarify ... TRIALS and Commercial versions are separate, independent plugins that can co-exist together. This is important when one needs to manually transfer settings from Trial to Commercial.

2. You must be certain to replace the Trial with the Commercial BEFORE you remove the Trial ... else your project will not load correctly [since trial was removed].
Old 17th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Edit: I love your first sentence! Would you give me permission to use it for marketing purposes..?

Make it happen.
Old 18th May 2018
Gear Head

Anyway i finally bought Mantis without even trying the Demo after Acustica sorted my Account problems,
all because of the praise going on here,i also did not want to miss the intro price lol
I hope i will like it on the master Bus.
Old 18th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Few Knobs View Post
Anyway i finally bought Mantis without even trying the Demo after Acustica sorted my Account problems,
all because of the praise going on here,i also did not want to miss the intro price lol
I hope i will like it on the master Bus.

Old 18th May 2018
Gear Nut

Or boogie woogie with Modula?
Old 18th May 2018
Lives for gear

"Get on board the Mantis Bus"
Old 18th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
"Get on board the Mantis Bus"
"Roll up, roll up for the Magical Mantis Tour! Step right this way!"

Old 18th May 2018
Lives for gear

Okay... Mantis is great... but you guys are getting goofy now.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search