The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MANTIS, the first Nebula library by SoundDrops is out! Dynamics Plugins
Old 24th April 2018
  #61
Gear Head
 
Roadside's Avatar
Has anyone compared Mantis
to TimP’s L-Bus? Any thoughts?
Old 28th April 2018
  #62
Lives for gear
 

Purchased.

In love with this compressor, it's so smooth and gives a lovely sense of depth and glue on busses and sounds equally great on individual channels. I think for what it does it's priced very fairly and feel Stefano has done an excellent job with this first release, I'm excited for the future of SoundDrops. I still can't get over the cpu hit as it just doesn't tax my laptop at all. I'll be using this for a long time to come no doubt, very happy with this.
Old 28th April 2018
  #63
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadside View Post
Has anyone compared Mantis
to TimP’s L-Bus? Any thoughts?
Mantis is very transparent while L Bus has a colored SSL grab and tone.
Old 29th April 2018
  #64
Lives for gear
 
Patrick_'s Avatar
L buss FOREVER!!!!!!
Old 30th April 2018
  #65
Gear Addict
Question to those who knows. Will L buss or any or tim p library like surge work in just the N4 player?
Old 30th April 2018
  #66
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustream View Post
Question to those who knows. Will L buss or any or tim p library like surge work in just the N4 player?
No. It'll only work on N4 Full or N3 as well.

It's something like Kontakt. There are the libraries that pays a fee to NI, so they can work on Kontakt Player. And there are libraries that doesn't pay a fee to NI, so they only work on the full version.

Today, we only have Mantis, Tokyo and Bronze that work on N4 Player. Anything from this developers (Soundrops, London Acoustics and DibiQuadro) will probably be N4 Player ready.
Old 30th April 2018
  #67
Gear Maniac
 
djrustycans's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustream View Post
Question to those who knows. Will L buss or any or tim p library like surge work in just the N4 player?
Nope. You need N4 commercial (full version) to use Tim P (Cupwise, Alex B etc. too) libraries.
Old 30th April 2018
  #68
Gear Maniac
 
djrustycans's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
No. It'll only work on N4 Full or N3 as well.

It's something like Kontakt. There are the libraries that pays a fee to NI, so they can work on Kontakt Player. And there are libraries that doesn't pay a fee to NI, so they only work on the full version.

Today, we only have Mantis, Tokyo and Bronze that work on N4 Player. Anything from this developers (Soundrops, London Acoustics and DibiQuadro) will probably be N4 Player ready.
Beat me to it
Old 30th April 2018
  #69
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
No. It'll only work on N4 Full or N3 as well.

It's something like Kontakt. There are the libraries that pays a fee to NI, so they can work on Kontakt Player. And there are libraries that doesn't pay a fee to NI, so they only work on the full version.

Today, we only have Mantis, Tokyo and Bronze that work on N4 Player. Anything from this developers (Soundrops, London Acoustics and DibiQuadro) will probably be N4 Player ready.
Thanks for the response...
Old 30th April 2018
  #70
Lives for gear
 
Robo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregerlindberg View Post
[...]i feel it tightens the stereoimage, and at the same time widens it. [...] It does something to clear things up when i put it on. Less muddy sound with it on, and no dial moved.
Hi greger, I agree, some analogue magic going on with imaging here. I'd say it fills in the centre image in a good way but not at the expense of wideness - no narrowing of the stereo image.

You're right about being able to push it like hardware too, even 10:1 and Nuke ratios are smooth as butter. Bravo!
Old 30th April 2018
  #71
Lives for gear
 

I having issues getting n4player to work. In reaper it loads a blank screen and in fl studio it says it’s unidentified or something. So how do I load mantis in n4player? Everything was installed from Aquarius.
Old 30th April 2018
  #72
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McCabe View Post
I having issues getting n4player to work. In reaper it loads a blank screen and in fl studio it says it’s unidentified or something. So how do I load mantis in n4player? Everything was installed from Aquarius.
Had the same issue when I first tried to install it. Make sure you have set the N4 installation path in the Aquarius settings.
Old 30th April 2018
  #73
Lives for gear
 

Ahhhh okay thank you!
Old 30th April 2018
  #74
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Hi greger, I agree, some analogue magic going on with imaging here. I'd say it fills in the centre image in a good way but not at the expense of wideness - no narrowing of the stereo image.

You're right about being able to push it like hardware too, even 10:1 and Nuke ratios are smooth as butter. Bravo!
Thank you, @Robo (and @gregerlindberg)!

You both are confirming my findings.
Old 30th April 2018
  #75
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McCabe View Post
I having issues getting n4player to work. In reaper it loads a blank screen and in fl studio it says it’s unidentified or something. So how do I load mantis in n4player? Everything was installed from Aquarius.
A quick reminder, just in case: when Mantis is installed properly it can be found in N4P's finder, under the category "DYN".
Old 1st May 2018
  #76
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
Beat me to it
Not nebula 3. We don't guarantee new libraries work correctly in nebula 3 (because you need a specific engine release). Use nebula 4 player in the case
Old 1st May 2018
  #77
Gear Guru
 
Karloff70's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
Not nebula 3. We don't guarantee new libraries work correctly in nebula 3 (because you need a specific engine release). Use nebula 4 player in the case
Still feeling a bit abandoned with my now totally unsupported Neb3 Ultimate and expected to re-buy Neb4 full price.....but hey ho.
Old 1st May 2018
  #78
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Still feeling a bit abandoned with my now totally unsupported Neb3 Ultimate and expected to re-buy Neb4 full price.....but hey ho.
Just in case you didn't know you can use these new 3rd party libraries on the n4 player which is free and works alongside N3.
Old 1st May 2018
  #79
Gear Guru
 
Karloff70's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklo View Post
Just in case you didn't know you can use these new 3rd party libraries on the n4 player which is free and works alongside N3.
Thanks, I did find that out the other day and likely my future will be Neb3 for 3rd party 'the Tim's' stuff and the Neb4 player for things like this here Mantis and such Acqua libraries. Still doesn't detract from that feeling I get now and again of having bought a product (twice actually, with the upgrade to Ultimate), and then suddenly not owning the newest version of it. Like when reading that post .
Old 1st May 2018
  #80
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Thanks, I did find that out the other day and likely my future will be Neb3 for 3rd party 'the Tim's' stuff and the Neb4 player for things like this here Mantis and such Acqua libraries. Still doesn't detract from that feeling I get now and again of having bought a product (twice actually, with the upgrade to Ultimate), and then suddenly not owning the newest version of it. Like when reading that post .
Yeah I can totally understand the bad taste left when you've invested in it and the supports gone! The n4 player is running really nicely here so that combo should do fine. Perhaps Mantis is the mouthwash to that taste, it's a lovely compressor
Old 1st May 2018
  #81
Lives for gear
 
Robo's Avatar
Karloff I believe we are so alike! haha

Exactly the same situation here, had Neb 3 for years but haven't been able to use any of the latest libraries probably in the last 3-4 years, but just discovered Neb4 Player and Aquarius which actually works amazingly well compared to the old Nebula rigmarole. I'm demoing Mantis now.

I also have a love for Tim's stuff especially the SilkEQ and I'm about to pull the trigger on the newer version with preamp for N4 Player!

(Not to mention Gefell mics and old reverbs! fnar fnar)

Hold out my friend!
Mark
Old 1st May 2018
  #82
Gear Guru
 
Karloff70's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Karloff I believe we are so alike! haha

Exactly the same situation here, had Neb 3 for years but haven't been able to use any of the latest libraries probably in the last 3-4 years, but just discovered Neb4 Player and Aquarius which actually works amazingly well compared to the old Nebula rigmarole. I'm demoing Mantis now.

I also have a love for Tim's stuff especially the SilkEQ and I'm about to pull the trigger on the newer version with preamp for N4 Player!

(Not to mention Gefell mics and old reverbs! fnar fnar)

Hold out my friend!
Mark
You what, Tim is making re-dos that run in N4 Player? I'm off to his site now.

EDIT: I don't get it, I only see stuff with N4 skins, which I thought would only run in the full N4? How do I know which of TimP's stuff runs in N4 Player, if any?
Old 1st May 2018
  #83
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Still feeling a bit abandoned with my now totally unsupported Neb3 Ultimate and expected to re-buy Neb4 full price.....but hey ho.
I know they are planning an upgrade path
Old 1st May 2018
  #84
Lives for gear
 
Robo's Avatar
They only run in the full N4?

I'll get me coat..
Old 1st May 2018
  #85
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
They only run in the full N4?

I'll get me coat..
Yeah, only on N4 full.

TimP libraries for N4 Player would be a dream.
Old 1st May 2018
  #86
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
I know they are planning an upgrade path
Good news then,because i lost interest in buying N4 been N3 pro owner for years.
Old 1st May 2018
  #87
Lives for gear
 

Besides support, there is no real difference between N4 and N3. If 3rd parties works fine and stable on N3, you are pretty good.

And just use N4 Player for the new Nebula and Acqua libraries.
Old 1st May 2018
  #88
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Besides support, there is no real difference between N4 and N3. If 3rd parties works fine and stable on N3, you are pretty good.

And just use N4 Player for the new Nebula and Acqua libraries.

Well that is not the case because not all of us are intrested in the new guys till they make many wonderful libraries,am Alex B and Tim P customer with nearly all their libraries so if they are not going the N4 player route then we are gonna stay with N3 forever.
Old 1st May 2018
  #89
Gear Maniac
 

--puts on masterbus--
--bypasses--
--un-bypasses--
--says "damn it."--
--goes and gets credit card--
Old 1st May 2018
  #90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklo View Post
Just in case you didn't know you can use these new 3rd party libraries on the n4 player which is free and works alongside N3.
All the Neb 3 libraries don't show up in N4 though from Neb 3 Pro Bundle..
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump