The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stam Audio - 1073EQ - New Release Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 14th April 2018
  #1
Company Rep
Stam Audio - 1073EQ - New Release

Stam Audio - 1073EQ - New Release-d392379e-6763-453e-8033-185ca16250ff.jpg


We are extremely happy to introduce the 1073EQ to the forum.

We consider the Stam Audio 1073EQ the finest replica of the legendary Neve 1073 EQ available on the market today.

I went to great lenghts to source the original components and gather enough to make a batch of them. The 1073EQ will include BC184C transistors, Axial Philip capacitors, a Toshiba 2N3055 output transistor, Allen Bradley carbon resistors and most importantly Carnhill Inductors and a new custom Marinair LO1166 output transformer made by Brian Sowter which we worked 4 months on. There is also a line input transformer for those who were missing this feature.

With several other brands attempting to clone and sell this design I knew I had to go the extra mile. This is an exact reproduction of the original and you will hear the difference. No Chinese inductors and capacitors, no SMD components.

I will be shipping 3 versions of it:

A) $799.00 USD- Carnhill output transformer, no Line input transformer
B) $899.00 USD- Sowter output transformer, no Line input transformer
3) $999.00 USD- Sowter output transformer with Line input transformer

All Input and Line input transformers are Carnhill, all units include Blore Edward switches. First 100 pre-orders will enjoy a $200 USD discount from the above pricing.
Shipments begin in July

The Stam Audio 1073 EQ will be completely hand made in Chile. This is the only way we can manufacture them with these type of essential components.

More info here: Stam Audio

Kind Regards,
Stam Audio team
Attached Thumbnails
Stam Audio - 1073EQ - New Release-d392379e-6763-453e-8033-185ca16250ff.jpg  

Last edited by joshuanaconda; 17th April 2018 at 02:10 PM..
Old 14th April 2018
  #2
Old 14th April 2018
  #3
Gear Maniac
 

Any pictures of the back of the unit?
Old 14th April 2018
  #4
Lives for gear
 
Gemylon's Avatar
This sound so cool.

Sure its gonna be great


Ordered !






Old 14th April 2018
  #5
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
Not available until July 2018? This post belongs in the Coming Soon section.
Old 14th April 2018
  #6
Gear Addict
 

Very Exciting! Pre-ordered a stereo pair.

My recording rack is quickly becoming all stam and home-made lol.
Old 15th April 2018
  #7
Lives for gear
 
JulenJVM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post



We are extremely happy to introduce the 1073EQ to the forum.

We consider the Stam Audio 1073EQ the finest replica of the legendary Neve 1073 EQ available on the market today.

I went to great lenghts to source the original components and gather enough to make a batch of them. The 1073EQ will include BC184C transistors, Axial Philip capacitors, a Toshiba 2N3055 output transistor, Allen Bradley carbon resistors and most importantly a new custom Marinair LO1166 output transformer made by Brian Sowter which we worked 4 months on. There is also a line input transformer for those who were missing this feature.

With several other brands attempting to clone and sell this design I knew I had to go the extra mile. This is an exact reproduction of the original and you will hear the difference.

I will be shipping 3 versions of it:

A) $799.00 USD- Carnhill output transformer, no Line input transformer
B) $899.00 USD- Sowter output transformer, no Line input transformer
3) $999.00 USD- Sowter output transformer with Line input transformer

All Input and Line input transformers are Carnhill, all units include Blore Edward switches. First 100 pre-orders will enjoy a $200 USD discount from the above pricing.
Shipments begin in July

The Stam Audio 1073 EQ will be completely hand made in Chile. This is the only way we can manufacture them with these type of essential components.

More info here: Stam Audio

Kind Regards,
Stam Audio team
Hi Joshua,

Is this model also a mic preamp, or just a line EQ? If yes, how close is the preamp section to your 1073 MPA?

Thanks!
Old 15th April 2018
  #8
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulenJVM View Post
Hi Joshua,

Is this model also a mic preamp, or just a line EQ? If yes, how close is the preamp section to your 1073 MPA?

Thanks!
Hello,

The preamp is the same as the MK2 preamp, they are identical

Thanks!
Old 15th April 2018
  #9
Gear Addict
 

Hi Joshua,

I keep seeing mention of the mk2 by several people, but I haven't been able to find a thread where the difference between mk1 and mk2 is explained. Could you explain what is different in the mk2? I also have an MPA on order for the next run so I am curious.
Old 16th April 2018
  #10
Lives for gear
 
RightOnRome's Avatar
this is the year or the 1073, this one looks like it might be the winner...
Old 16th April 2018
  #11
Lives for gear
 
Gemylon's Avatar
Ordered a second one !


Now its all good





Old 16th April 2018
  #12
Lives for gear
 
the fxs's Avatar
 

D A M N !

just preordered a pair of STAM Pultecs the other day, and now this.
Joshua, please stop it, you are ruining my financial plans!
Old 16th April 2018
  #13
Lives for gear
 

Joshua, can you PM me ASAP please. I find it a little strange that I ask about this product specifically and you do not give the slightest reply, yet I find you posting about this elsewhere.. Thanks!

This version looks absolutely epic and is a must-buy for me!
Old 16th April 2018
  #14
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2c View Post
Joshua, can you PM me ASAP please. I find it a little strange that I ask about this product specifically and you do not give the slightest reply, yet I find you posting about this elsewhere.. Thanks!

This version looks absolutely epic and is a must-buy for me!
Did you email him? I have better luck doing that or if it's a quick question ask on Facebook.
Old 16th April 2018
  #15
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Did you email him? I have better luck doing that or if it's a quick question ask on Facebook.
I’ve emailed as well, guess he swamped with messages right now?
Old 16th April 2018
  #16
Lives for gear
 

Ordered one without the line input xformer, but am now wondering, does it need that for the DI input too, or does that go via the mic pre path?
Old 17th April 2018
  #17
Lives for gear
 
JulenJVM's Avatar
Joshua must be busy, but he did reply to my PM here on GS.

FYI, the 100 first pre-orders discount was still in place this morning, so i ordered 2. This ends the research for me between the Warm and the Heritage Elite. I´m not sure that we can get better value for our cash other than the Stam offering.
Old 17th April 2018
  #18
Lives for gear
 
Quint's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulenJVM View Post
Joshua must be busy, but he did reply to my PM here on GS.

FYI, the 100 first pre-orders discount was still in place this morning, so i ordered 2. This ends the research for me between the Warm and the Heritage Elite. I´m not sure that we can get better value for our cash other than the Stam offering.
Ditto. I ordered a pair myself for the exact same reasons.
Old 17th April 2018
  #19
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulenJVM View Post
Joshua must be busy, but he did reply to my PM here on GS.

FYI, the 100 first pre-orders discount was still in place this morning, so i ordered 2. This ends the research for me between the Warm and the Heritage Elite. I´m not sure that we can get better value for our cash other than the Stam offering.
Thanks a lot for this comment, I am glad that the efforts on parts are valued.
Old 17th April 2018
  #20
Gear Head
 

How do we know if the discount is still valid? no clue when adding to cart.

Thanks
Old 17th April 2018
  #21
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Tomb View Post
How do we know if the discount is still valid? no clue when adding to cart.

Thanks
It is valid as long as it is displayed on the website
10 pieces left
When the first 100 text is remove from the pricing the offer has ended
Thanks
Old 17th April 2018
  #22
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
It is valid as long as it is displayed on the website
10 pieces left
When the first 100 text is remove from the pricing the offer has ended
Thanks
Make that 9. Just got in!
Old 17th April 2018
  #23
Lives for gear
 

Oohh yeaaaaaaaa, got the preorder thing sorted!

Big thanks Joshua for your patience!

I’ll shut up now.
Old 17th April 2018
  #24
Gear Addict
 

So, question about how the Line and DI work with the gain control.

I see that the Line and DI go through a separate transformer. Does this mean the DI and Line are selected by turning the gain settings to the line side? If so, does that mean max gain on the DI is 20db? If so, that's pretty low for instrument level.

Or are all the gain options available for all inputs?
Old 18th April 2018
  #25
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
It is valid as long as it is displayed on the website
10 pieces left
When the first 100 text is remove from the pricing the offer has ended
Thanks
Hi, I check your web and only the 799$ option without transformers option is available ... It's not posible to buy the 999$ input transformers option ?
The discount is still available ?
How much shipping to Spain ?

Regards.
Old 18th April 2018
  #26
I believe I just ordered two of the discounted ones!
Old 18th April 2018
  #27
Lives for gear
 
Gemylon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElecTrick View Post
Hi, I check your web and only the 799$ option without transformers option is available ... It's not posible to buy the 999$ input transformers option ?

Regards.
Yes, it is !
You must click in the box, and then you'll see two more options ...









Old 18th April 2018
  #28
Lives for gear
 
duckoff's Avatar
 

Quote:
joshuanaconda
Hey, do you ship to the UK? If so what would the cost be.
Old 18th April 2018
  #29
Company Rep
Worldwide

US 95 USD
Europe-Canada 105 USD
Asia-Australia 160 USD

If line input transformer is selected then add 10 USD (it's heavier)
Old 18th April 2018
  #30
Here for the gear
 

If you buy 2 does the shipping work out to be less per unit? Thanks!
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump