The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stam Audio - 1073EQ - New Release Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 3rd February 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2c View Post
I got a mail from joshua saying they would ship in february
I Didn't.....

Please give an update and post review and pics when you receive it. If you get it this month (February), I will be shocked.
Old 9th February 2019
Gear Addict

Any update on the shipping date? Have these started going out?
Old 10th February 2019
Company Rep
Just a few more weeks
Swithces will be here next week
Transformers week after and we are set to go!
Old 10th February 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroGoGo View Post
You should probably relax and not expect your 1073EQ until April or May. Just a guess.

Old 10th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroGoGo View Post
Seems like you were sadly right.
Old 14th February 2019
Company Rep

mark from Stam Audio

Hi everyone! Im the head of sales and marketing for Stam Audio. Here to help if you guys need anything.My email is [email protected] for any other queries. Cheers
Old 14th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StamAudio View Post
Hi everyone! Im the head of sales and marketing for Stam Audio. Here to help if you guys need anything.My email is [email protected] for any other queries. Cheers
Hello Mark,

Glad to see you here, I hope you're not Joshua using another account - just kidding.
I have many pre-orders in place, with a nice amount of cash paid in pre-payments, and no gear yet. One thing that I'd really appreciate, as a good and patient customer, would be a summary of my purchases, with the confirmed price of the order (including pre-order and "First 100" discounts), the amount already paid, and the estimated shipping date.
I have requested this over email a couple of times, but it was unsuccessful, maybe now I'll be more lucky. All I want is written confirmation of my orders.

Thanks in advance, and best of lucks. All Stam needs to thrive is a good Customer Service system.
Old 14th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulenJVM View Post
Hello Mark,
One thing that I'd really appreciate, as a good and patient customer, would be a summary of my purchases, with the confirmed price of the order (including pre-order and "First 100" discounts), the amount already paid, and the estimated shipping date.
I have requested this over email a couple of times, but it was unsuccessful, maybe now I'll be more lucky. All I want is written confirmation of my orders.
I am in the exact same position. I have deposits on 7 items and I completely agree with the comment above. It would go a long way to easing any discomfort regarding the Stam brand.
Old 14th February 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulenJVM View Post
Hello Mark,

Glad to see you here, I hope you're not Joshua using another account - just kidding.
I have many pre-orders in place, with a nice amount of cash paid in pre-payments, and no gear yet. One thing that I'd really appreciate, as a good and patient customer, would be a summary of my purchases, with the confirmed price of the order (including pre-order and "First 100" discounts), the amount already paid, and the estimated shipping date.

Thanks in advance, and best of lucks. All Stam needs to thrive is a good Customer Service system.
I think that's a great suggestion. But perhaps even easier, have someone go through the Paypal orders and create accurate email distribution lists. I've got 3 Stam pre-orders in, and I'm only getting email updates on one of them. While that's only anecdotal, it seems like many others are in the same boat. If you fix the email lists now, you'll get fewer emails like, "what's the status of my order" or "did you receive my order I haven't heard anything back." That will go a long way towards reducing support requirements (i.e. cost), improving the customer experience while also making your own lives easier!
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I think that's a great suggestion. But perhaps even easier, have someone go through the Paypal orders and create accurate email distribution lists. I've got 3 Stam pre-orders in, and I'm only getting email updates on one of them. While that's only anecdotal, it seems like many others are in the same boat. If you fix the email lists now, you'll get fewer emails like, "what's the status of my order" or "did you receive my order I haven't heard anything back." That will go a long way towards reducing support requirements (i.e. cost), improving the customer experience while also making your own lives easier!
I will second this. It goes the other way, too. I get updates for things I have not preordered or cancelled a preorder on. I've also gotten invoices for things that I cancelled and was refunded for so, if I was dishonest, I could probably theoretically have just paid the balance and gotten a steep discount.

Of course the most important thing for me, though, is if there were accurate shipping dates. All my orders were originally slated for sometime last summer or early fall.
Old 14th February 2019
Lives for gear

I'm starting to think that kickstarter or gofundme might be a better business model for bringing these to market?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
So can I respectfully ask for an update on the 1073EQ shipment? the knobs came this week and transformers arrive next week? How many weeks until these are shipping?

The reason I ask is that I have read good things about the new Golden Age Premiere GAP 1073 eq and am unfortunately running out of patience. I am considering cancelling my order unless shipping is imminent and just going with a GAP 1073 eq instead.

Also the latest turn of events at the "Stam Audio gear" thread are giving me concern over the business ethics side of things, and would like some clarification regarding those, if possible?

Thanks
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep
Hey Guys,

So the first ones should be out of here in 15 days

We are soldering them right now with the ADG's

Thanks for all the patience with these units, you will be very happy once you have them

Josh
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
Hey Guys,

So the first ones should be out of here in 15 days

We are soldering them right now with the ADG's

Thanks for all the patience with these units, you will be very happy once you have them

Josh
That's great! any chance we could get some pictures?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dror520 View Post
That's great! any chance we could get some pictures?
I second this. I would love some pictures even of partly assembled ones. We've never actually seen the back I think.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Hi, I see that the $100 pre-order discount is still showing. Is it still time to jump in on this batch or do I have to wait... ?

Tnx
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

How deep is the unit?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by askomiko View Post
How deep is the unit?
I have no inside info, but if the 1073MPA is any indication, quite deep, actually. Similar to my old lexicon. I forget the exact measurement.
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by askomiko View Post
How deep is the unit?
I believe it is 250mm

I will check once in the lab today but it is not more than that
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Thanks, that'd be great, I'm planning the new epic rack combination now!
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep

Hi how are you?

The shipping will be delayed by a while longer unfortunately. We are going to update the website very soon and display the month for the next batch.

We thank you for waiting a little while longer.

regards, mark
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Confirmation for the 25cm would be nice too.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi how are you?

The shipping will be delayed by a while longer unfortunately. We are going to update the website very soon and display the month for the next batch.

regards, mark
So the first units are not shipping out in 10 days?

So how big of a delay we looking at? 20 days? 40 days? 100 days?

thanks
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Hi how are you?

regards, mark
I don't get it??? Josh said 5 days ago that they were being soldered as we speak and that they would start shipping in 15 days....but now you are saying there are further delays???? I mean, I know we all go into buying Stam gear knowing that the delivery dates are never ever ever going to be correct and you can basically add a year to the original delivery dates....but having further delays within the space of 15 days; that seems like a new record?
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep

We are waiting for the engineers to update us on the precise date.

Thank you for bearing with me a while longer!

Regards, Mark
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

So... you've not sent out a SINGLE UNIT yet? Shoepedals and Gemylon were the first to order about ten months ago. I'm among the first 100 too, but I thought you might have at least finished building and sent out, say, 10, 20 units? In 10 months..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

I just placed an order for the 1073EQ :-)
Mark was very helpful and responded to my 7 emails promptly the last 2 days.
I am one of the first on the second batch list but I am happy and look forward getting my hands on the 1073EQ.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi how are you?

regards, mark
So you mean the FIRST batch, right? Saying "next" batch implies you've already begun shipping but, and I may be wrong, but it doesn't seem like these have actually started to ship yet?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
So... you've not sent out a SINGLE UNIT yet?
They probably haven’t even built a functional prototype yet. They build these in batches and they don’t start until they get all the parts. They said they had started building them so that suggested that they had received all the parts, but now they say there is an unspecified delay. So that makes me think either they received some bad parts or they had never actually started building them. Sounds like it’s going to be at least a few more months.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
So... you've not sent out a SINGLE UNIT yet? Shoepedals and Gemylon were the first to order about ten months ago. I'm among the first 100 too, but I thought you might have at least finished building and sent out, say, 10, 20 units? In 10 months..
That's my understanding as well. I certainly have not received a unit.

Same deal with my EQP-1A order it seems. Not sure what's going on with that.

Also, for the people who are saying you should know better, etc.: I had actually had about a half dozen good experiences buying Stam gear directly from their reverb and eBay shops prior to these preorder issues, so I more based my decisions on that. I wasn't heavily active on any pro audio gear forums at the time, but I did hear some rumors. However, my personal experience had been good, so I was not really sure how much stock to put into them.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search