The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stam Audio - 1073EQ - New Release Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 1st November 2018
I have to say that i am very surprised to see so many people still asking when their products are shipping ?
I am so very happy that i gave up and got my deposit refunded after all the false promises, but thats me.
I don't care how amazing or how cheap, its all about good customer service at the end of the day for me.
And Stam honestly wasn't terrible at communicating, but life goes fast, and i found myself questioning if i ever really needed these products.
My conclusion was no, i do not need them , and id rather use what i have to get the recordings i need to stand on their on two feet, or ears :-)
Lastly, Joshua refunded my deposit for two units quickly, and i don't have anything negative to say about Stam Audio.
But i wish you all luck with your purchases !!!!!
Old 1st November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Perhaps you run YOUR business that way but a smart man does not!
This is funnier than you know!
Old 5th November 2018
Lives for gear

so cmon spill the beans - shipping in january/february 2019?
Old 5th November 2018
Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelbatalha View Post
"We would sincerely like to apologize to everybody for our constant and sometimes too long delays, I promise you we are working as hard as we can, hiring new people, training them and doing everything in our power to get your units out as soon as possible. Things got out of hand and orders multiply too fast for us to keep up with them.

Right now we are shipping the following products:

SA2A, SA3A, SA47 FET, SA47, 1073MPA and SA67 (first batch). If you have reserved these products then you will get them this month, we are shipping them daily and catching up with the list.

The SA76ADG starts shipping in September

The Pultec replica, SA4000MK2, 312MP, Fairchild and 1073EQ as well as the SA87 and SA67 (second batch) starts shipping in October.

We will have every product in stock by November and end the pre/order system and their discounts.

Thank you again for supporting us and being patient with me and the team, I know we have a very long way to go to provide first class service and a better buyer experience but we are learning and getting there.

My warmest regards,
Joshua"

Hi Josh today is Nov 5th do you guys have all your products in stock?

Last edited by mequaz; 5th November 2018 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 5th November 2018
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by mequaz View Post
Hi Josh today is Nov 5th do you guys have all your products in stock?
We wished, unfortunately no

But at least half of the line will be this month.
Old 5th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
We wished, unfortunately no

But at least half of the line will be this month.
Will the 1073EQ be shipping this month?
Old 10th November 2018
Here for the gear

Will the pre-order system be ending soon and is the plan to have all equipment in stock still moving forward? Thanks!
Old 10th November 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Will the 1073EQ be shipping this month?
If nothing happens, it starts shipping in December.
Old 24th November 2018
Lives for gear

so I received an email regarding 1073EQ shipping.. 5-6 weeks eh?

But joshua can you elaborate on the new set of invoices? And why I got two of them instead of one since I only ordering one product? Is this 300 later discounted from the total or how this works now?

thanks
Old 27th November 2018
Lives for gear

Hey cmon I aint paying anyone 300 until this is cleared up

please advise

thx
Old 28th November 2018
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2c View Post
so I received an email regarding 1073EQ shipping.. 5-6 weeks eh?

But joshua can you elaborate on the new set of invoices? And why I got two of them instead of one since I only ordering one product? Is this 300 later discounted from the total or how this works now?

thanks
Hello

That is for a second and optional installment for the 1073EQ.

You don't have to pay it if you rather pay in full when ready.

I probably sent you a second one by mistake, please ignore

Thanks!
Josh
Old 28th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hello

Thanks!
Josh
ahh okay so if I pay one of the 300 invoices now, that sum will then be discounted from the final invoice that gets sent in 5-6 weeks?

Thanks for the clarification
Old 28th November 2018
Company Rep
Quote:
ahh okay so if I pay one of the 300 invoices now, that sum will then be discounted from the final invoice that gets sent in 5-6 weeks?

Thanks for the clarification
That is correct, everything you have paid will be discounted

Thanks!
Joshua
Old 10th December 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:
Hello

Thanks!
Josh
So Josh,
Will the orders that have the second installment paid be bumped up in production since the parts are paid for?
Old 10th December 2018
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroGoGo View Post
So Josh,
Will the orders that have the second installment paid be bumped up in production since the parts are paid for?
Not at all
We will respect the order in which units where reserved
Installments are optional and do not affect the line
Thanks
Old 11th December 2018
Gear Addict

I had some functional questions. (Sorry if these have been answered.)

1. Does the DI go through the Line In transformer if you ordered that option? Or maybe the Mic Transformer?
2. Is the Line In a separate input from the Mic Input? If so, how is that selected? I don't see a switch for it. Does the Gain knob select input also?
3. If the Gain control also selects the line or mic input, can the DI use the Mic gain settings? Usually I find my basses and other passive instruments need a lot more than 20dB of gain.
Old 11th December 2018
Here for the gear
Compressor?

Josh,

What compressor/s in your product line would best compliment a pair of SA-1073EQs equipped with Sowter OP and line IP transformers in your opinion?
Old 21st December 2018
Lives for gear

are we on schedule? as in, shipping in 2-3 weeks?

thanks
Old 21st December 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:
are we on schedule? as in, shipping in 2-3 weeks?

thanks
1073 MPA orders are still in the process of being shipped. I wonder if that would hold up other products?
Old 29th December 2018
Lives for gear

Do you reckon they'll ship before february 2019?

I am whining because no official replies about this. I am not on facebook
Old 31st December 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:
Do you reckon they'll ship before february 2019?

I am whining because no official replies about this. I am not on facebook
I doubt it. I saw a post that said they can only ship 20 packages a day. If that post was correct, they will have to catch up the shipping with other products first.... Like the 1073 MPA.
Old 1st January 2019
I'm thinking March. I have no inside info or any definitive explanation why. Just a gut feeling. So, in the GS: STAM 1073EQ Delivery-date Pool, I take March 27, 2019 for shipping to commence.

Quote:
I saw a post that said they can only ship 20 packages a day.
I noticed that, too. But I believe - I am not 100% certain - that was *before* Josh announced somewhere here on GS, STAM had started using DHL for shipping instead of the local "Post Office." I had/have the impression that frees STAM to ship as many items as they can get out the door, as fast as they can get them out. I could be wrong.

EDIT TO ADD: As has been suggested a few times prior, and I know Josh is faithfully working on this, it would be nice from a customer point of view to have all the info on STAM Audio happenings in one place (the STAM web site, perhaps?), rather than scattered among numerous threads on GS, FB and others, and the STAM web site. It's quite difficult to piece together the story of what's happening when there are so many different sources, each of which usually contain only partial information.

And from the STAM point of view, it would shut off a lot of water before it ever left the spout. Many fewer headaches and much less grief. Not to mention a LOT less work in the long run.

Last edited by no genre; 1st January 2019 at 01:35 AM..
Old 1st January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by no genre View Post
it would be nice from a customer point of view to have all the info on STAM Audio happenings in one place (the STAM web site, perhaps?), rather than scattered among numerous threads on GS, FB and others, and the STAM web site. It's quite difficult to piece together the story of what's happening when there are so many different sources, each of which usually contain only partial information.
THIS
Old 8th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no genre View Post

EDIT TO ADD: As has been suggested a few times prior, and I know Josh is faithfully working on this, it would be nice from a customer point of view to have all the info on STAM Audio happenings in one place (the STAM web site, perhaps?), rather than scattered among numerous threads on GS, FB and others, and the STAM web site. It's quite difficult to piece together the story of what's happening when there are so many different sources, each of which usually contain only partial information.

And from the STAM point of view, it would shut off a lot of water before it ever left the spout. Many fewer headaches and much less grief. Not to mention a LOT less work in the long run.
thanks.
it seems that i am not alone.
Old 11th January 2019
Gear Maniac

What will the eq gain ranges be for shelves and mids? +-16 and 18db, non stepped?
Old 1st February 2019
Here for the gear
Out of the three configurations for the 1072eq, Carnhill output, Sawter output and Sowter output with line input, which one sounds closer to the original 1073eq?
Old 1st February 2019
Lives for gear

Okay February is here! This thing ships this month or what?

Getting excited!!
Old 2nd February 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Okay February is here! This thing ships this month or what?

Getting excited!!
You should probably relax and not expect your 1073EQ until April or May. Just a guess.
Old 2nd February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
You should probably relax and not expect your 1073EQ until April or May. Just a guess.
I got a mail from joshua saying they would ship in february
Old 2nd February 2019
Gear Addict

I'd also like to know if February is still the ship date.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search