The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stam Audio - 1073EQ - New Release Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 8th August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr XY View Post
i was a first 100 pre-order, have not received any update email on 1073, checked my spam.
Same here, mailing Stam now.
Old 10th August 2018
Gear Nut
"We would sincerely like to apologize to everybody for our constant and sometimes too long delays, I promise you we are working as hard as we can, hiring new people, training them and doing everything in our power to get your units out as soon as possible. Things got out of hand and orders multiply too fast for us to keep up with them.

Right now we are shipping the following products:

SA2A, SA3A, SA47 FET, SA47, 1073MPA and SA67 (first batch). If you have reserved these products then you will get them this month, we are shipping them daily and catching up with the list.

The SA76ADG starts shipping in September

The Pultec replica, SA4000MK2, 312MP, Fairchild and 1073EQ as well as the SA87 and SA67 (second batch) starts shipping in October.

We will have every product in stock by November and end the pre/order system and their discounts.

Thank you again for supporting us and being patient with me and the team, I know we have a very long way to go to provide first class service and a better buyer experience but we are learning and getting there.

My warmest regards,
Joshua"
Old 10th August 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelbatalha View Post
We will have every product in stock by November and end the pre/order system and their discounts.
I'm probably looking forward to that almost as much as you are. Great news, and best of luck with the timetables. Thanks for the update, Miguel/Joshua!
Old 16th August 2018
Gear Nut
carnhill vs sowter

Hi Joshua and Miguel - I'm considering upgrading my 2 1073eq orders to the Sowters if possible and wondering if you have sound samples of the difference? That would be very useful. Thanks!

Eric
Old 16th August 2018
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveMusicNY View Post
Hi Joshua and Miguel - I'm considering upgrading my 2 1073eq orders to the Sowters if possible and wondering if you have sound samples of the difference? That would be very useful. Thanks!

Eric
We do not yet unfortunately.

If you want it for vocals, acoustic guitar or similar instruments I recommend it.

If you want it for Bass or Kick Drum then I would advice the Carnhill

Thanks for your interest!
Old 17th August 2018
I've read this entire thread twice, and checked the web site. If this is answered already, please accept my apology for missing it. I did make the effort to check.

Is the 1073EQ fitted with a stereo link, please?
Old 17th August 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by no genre View Post
I've read this entire thread twice, and checked the web site. If this is answered already, please accept my apology for missing it. I did make the effort to check.

Is the 1073EQ fitted with a stereo link, please?
I don't believe so. I honestly have not seen that feature on preamps. I have seen it on compressors and limiters.

What would you want it to do? Set all of the settings exactly the same?
Old 17th August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoepedals View Post
I don't believe so. I honestly have not seen that feature on preamps. I have seen it on compressors and limiters.

What would you want it to do? Set all of the settings exactly the same?
Currently I have only 2 preamps, apart from the pres in my Steinberg UR824. One is an Art Pro MPAII, the other an old mono Symetrix 528. The MPAII has dual mono, mid/side, and a stereo capability. One of the ways I like to use it is - in its stereo mode - as an insert on the 2 bus when doing a final mix, and I suppose I'm asking only because I have become accustomed to the stereo configuration with it. I'm just trying to evaluate all options. No stereo link is not a show stopper for me. And, as you mentioned, may be unusual for mic pres. I honestly do not know.

I have a pair of the EQP KTs which I also use on the 2 bus, and they do not have a stereo link, although I have seen EQs equipped with stereo links. I am able to benefit from them and enjoy them quite well without.

I was thinking about using a pair of the SA 1073EQ pres - in addition to recording - on the 2 bus, perhaps; specifically to get some flavor from the EQ portion of the units into the overall mix. Not having a stereo link would certainly not preclude me from doing so.

Really though, this may subconsciously all just be part of a rationalization process for me attempting to justify the expenditure.

I had decided a few months back to invest in some quality pres. These may fit the bill, stereo link or not.
Old 17th August 2018
Gear Addict

Ah I see. That makes sense if you are planning to use it for adding color to a stereo mix or bus. I doubt it would be a feature here, though, as the original Neve version doesn't have something like that and I imagine it would be difficult to implement since a 1073 is not based on VCAs and it uses so many physical switches to set EQ points and gain. On the other hand, the gain is easy to match since it is a rotary switch as is the high pass filter. so it would be EQ strength and the output trim you'd be needing to match manually.
Old 18th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
We do not yet unfortunately.

If you want it for vocals, acoustic guitar or similar instruments I recommend it.

If you want it for Bass or Kick Drum then I would advice the Carnhill

Thanks for your interest!
Why the Carnhill over the Sowter for kick and bass?
Old 21st August 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
Why the Carnhill over the Sowter for kick and bass?
It gives the sound a perceived sharper attack, whereas the Sowter is often a bit smoother.

Old 22nd August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
It gives the sound a perceived sharper attack, whereas the Sowter is often a bit smoother.

Smoother is what I want. I have CAPIs for the whole attack thing.
Old 13th September 2018
Lives for gear

Any updates? Are things progressing according to schedule? So we’re still on track for october delivery?
Just asking cuz I need to hustle a bit with my finances and would love to know whether to expect to be paying in october or november..

thanks
Old 13th September 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2c View Post
Any updates? Are things progressing according to schedule? So we’re still on track for october delivery?
Just asking cuz I need to hustle a bit with my finances and would love to know whether to expect to be paying in october or november..

thanks
Sharing this post from another part of the forum. Posted by adumbfish
Reposting from Facebook:

Shipping Timeline (When does it start shipping?)

Updated on the 10th of September 2018.

SA-47 - In Stock
SA-3A - In Stock
1073MPA - In Stock
SA-47F - In Stock
SA-2A - Pre-orders made before September now Shipping.
SA-67 - November
SA-87 - November
SA-4000 - November
SA-4000+ - November
SA-76ADG - November
SA-4000MKII - November
SA-EQP1A - November
1073EQ - November
312MPA - November
Stamchild - November
Old 13th September 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by theillusionist View Post
Sharing this post from another part of the forum. Posted by adumbfish
Reposting from Facebook:

Updated on the 10th of September 2018.

SA-47 - In Stock
SA-3A - In Stock
1073MPA - In Stock
SA-47F - In Stock
SA-2A - Pre-orders made before September now Shipping.
SA-67 - November
SA-87 - November
SA-4000 - November
SA-4000+ - November
SA-76ADG - November
SA-4000MKII - November
SA-EQP1A - November
1073EQ - November
312MPA - November
Stamchild - November
November now???? Oh man. Seriously considering just canceling the order and not looking back. Fark! Ill try and breathe through the frustration!
Old 14th September 2018
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Lloyd View Post
November now???? Oh man. Seriously considering just canceling the order and not looking back. Fark! Ill try and breathe through the frustration!
You can at any stage
I am sorry that you are frustrated
Unfortunately it is not up to us, you did get it at a crazy low price right?
Old 14th September 2018
Gear Addict

Yeah I can see why delays could be out of your hands Josh. For example, I ordered a couple transformers from Sowter to do the SA2A MKII transformer update and it took a lot longer than expected to get the parts.

I also make guitar pedals and I've totally had issues with like misdrilled enclosures, wrong colors, bad this that and the other thing showing up. It set me back months and months a couple years ago.

Once you have a whole supply chain involved, the manufacture itself becomes just one factor in the timeline and you also don't want to do a ****ty job of assembly to make up for lost time.
Old 14th September 2018
Quote:
You can at any stage
Yeah I know I can cancel at any stage but im trying my hardest not to. Yeah, I got a discounted price on the unit but I also got a discounted price on the unit with a delivery date that was originally July. Like many guys who do this for a living (as a business); when we allocate money to a piece of equipment like this often we are buying it for an upcoming job. In this case I had 2 albums that I was purchasing it for. Well those jobs have been and gone already; hence the frustration. Yeah the discount is cool but if we cant actually use the product on the jobs we buy it for then whats the point? I know you guys are trying your best but from a customers point of view; add way more time into the delivery date because these dates just arent getting hit so whats the point in giving a date that isnt going to be reached based on your record so far? Just like builders do when building a house; people will be less likely to be disappointed if you estimate way longer but deliver earlier.....the other way around though....not so much. I'm breathing through it for now
Old 14th September 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
You can at any stage

Who should one contact to cancel an order, what email address please?!
Old 17th September 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoepedals View Post
Yeah I can see why delays could be out of your hands Josh. For example, I ordered a couple transformers from Sowter to do the SA2A MKII transformer update and it took a lot longer than expected to get the parts.

I also make guitar pedals and I've totally had issues with like misdrilled enclosures, wrong colors, bad this that and the other thing showing up. It set me back months and months a couple years ago.

Once you have a whole supply chain involved, the manufacture itself becomes just one factor in the timeline and you also don't want to do a ****ty job of assembly to make up for lost time.
This is 100% true - I just wish that Stam would pass along the info BEFORE they miss the shipping date. In other words if they got the misdrilled enclosures they could have immediately sent out an email saying "Sorry guys, we were on schedule for our July delivery but there were mistakes in the cases we got from our supplier so they have to be re-made and it's going to add a month to the delivery time" or "Sowter is backed up and have delayed our order 6 weeks - that means the new delivery date will be in August, sorry"

Just my 2c obviously.
Old 18th September 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakao View Post
Who should one contact to cancel an order, what email address please?!
For a refund,
Please send an email to [email protected] with the subject "Refund".
On the email text, please write what products and the email you used to make the purchase.

For example:

Subject: Refund

Sa-aaa pre-order
[email protected]

Thank you
Old 18th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
For a refund,
On the email text, please write what products and the email you used to make the purchase.

For example:

Sa-aaa pre-order
[email protected]

Thank you

On a different topic, are you guys going to be at AES next month? If so, do you have a booth # yet? You're not listed on their site if yes.
Old 19th September 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
For a refund,

For example:

Sa-aaa pre-order
[email protected]

Thank you

Thanks, email sent, hope the refund will go smoothly.

Old 19th September 2018
Quote:

Thank you again for supporting us and being patient with me and the team, I know we have a very long way to go to provide first class service and a better buyer experience but we are learning and getting there.

My warmest regards,
Joshua"

So wait till Nov to order..... got it.
Old 12th October 2018
Lives for gear

So how we doin?

Are we still on track for shipping in November?

thanks
Old 12th October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2c View Post
So how we doin?

Are we still on track for shipping in November?

thanks
Here's the latest from FB, jm2c:

Updated on the 10th of October 2018.

SA-47 - Shipping.
SA-3A - Shipping.
1073MPA - Shipping.
SA-47F - Shipping.
SA-2A - Shipping.
SA-67 - Shipping (if already paid in full). Next batch is December.
SA-87 - November.
SA-4000 - November.
SA-4000+ - November.
SA-76ADG - First 150 (November). Others (December).
SA-4000MKII - November.
SA-EQP1A - November.
1073EQ - November.
312MPA - November.
Stamchild - November.
Old 13th October 2018
Gear Addict

I got a shipping notice for the 1073MPA (not the EQ version) today, so they're going out now. Just figured I'd mention it.
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

Ok, so I just read that the SA67 is delayed until Dec

What about the 1073 EQ hmm
My monies is waiting
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

I wonder if they will send out the units and let us wait 6 months to pay up the balance.

FINGERS CROSSED!
Old 1st November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I wonder if they will send out the units and let us wait 6 months to pay up the balance.

FINGERS CROSSED!
Perhaps you run YOUR business that way but a smart man does not!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search