The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stam Audio - 1073EQ - New Release Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 2nd August 2018
Lives for gear

Now October for the 1073.

I don't mind waiting!
Old 4th August 2018
October now? And I find out via GS? I mean....I was well aware going into this purchase that there would be a lack of communication from Stam....but man, I havent had any emails whatsoever to say that the original shipping date wasn't going to happen or that it was pushing to August or September....let alone October! The quality better be bloody amazing because i've never had a purchase be delayed by a company without some kind of notification before. So weird!....again; luckily I had some knowledge going in that this may be the case!
Old 4th August 2018
Gear Addict
If I wasn't on Gearslutz I'd have absolutely no clue what was going on with Stam orders. The only communication I ever got was that they received my deposit which was on a CC email to a ton of other people.

Since then there's been delays which I wasn't informed about. Some people have had emails saying that they're in the first 150 to be sent out. I got the first 100 pricing and haven't heard a thing so I have no clue what's going on.
Old 4th August 2018
This goes for me too, i never got an email saying its been delayed, thank goodness for GS lol
Im kind of at a point where i just don't want to keep waiting.Even though everyone raves about Stam products, at the end of the day, hire people to answer emails and send out product delays.These guys are making bread, we shouldn't have to walk around with a question mark.
And on that note, I've asked for my deposit back, nothing is worth the aggravation of zero communication and pushed dates.
Old 4th August 2018
Lives for gear

Stam is breaking the number 1 rule of relationships, be they family, romantic or business: trust. Once trust is broken, all bets are off.

They probably think that if they post about the delays more people will cancel. When in reality, the opposite is probably true! My rule of thumb with Stam is, if you put a deposit down expect to wait a year on your gear.
Old 4th August 2018
Stam guys are pretty active so they see all the stuff about them. but don't do much about it in way of communication. IF they see this id love to help yall communicate shipping dates to ppl. Hell a virtual assistant that just emails ppl when they will get their gear. That's all guys really want is more communication. Throw in that sa-67 and u guys have an employee/consultant if u will. IM VERY SERIOUS THO! lol someone has to help this guy tell ppl, hey its gon be a long ass wait. SO wait.
Old 5th August 2018
Lives for gear

I put a deposit down on 2 when they were first announced. Never owned a Stam product before but was excited to check out the 1073EQ. I was aware of the delays and lack of communication going in but this is getting ridiculous. First July and now October with ZERO communication?? Really considering canceling my order and getting my money back.
Old 6th August 2018
Lives for gear

I told yall these wouldnt be shipping until december

Lets hope my guesstimate wasnt too far off
Old 7th August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreckdirect View Post
Do yourself a favor and get your money back, I did, not only isn’t it worth the aggrevation, but you wouldn’t believe what Joshua was saying to me in his emails lol
This guy has balls i’ll Give him that.
I heard on gearslutz that the 1073eq’s were pushed again, I emailed Joshua and asked why I didn’t get an email, his response was everyone got an email, if you don’t like it, don’t pre order then...not I’m so sorry you didn’t get the email.
Then, he went on to complain about how many people are complaining to him about his products getting pushed, just for a bit of waiting lol
this is how he does business, you can’t rush perfection he said.
Never an apology ?
This guy acts like he discovered water.
I wouldn’t give Stam Audio a penny of my money ever again.
I completely understand if your timeline changes, but not three times and without a courtesy email ?
That’s right I said it, I see everyone kissing this guy’s *ss because they don’t want to upset him on Gearslutz.
I don’t care what your selling, you don’t get Kurt with a customer for asking why they didn’t get an email.
And that’s my two cents.
Look at how he spoke to me in the emails.
And honestly the reason I’m saying this and attaching his emails is because he spoke to me without respect, No one deserves that, this guy forgets that without customers spending money, he would be no where.
I don't know dude...I mean, I'm gutted about the lack of communication too but I reckon posting the emails is a bit much dude. He doesn't come off like he is insulting you or anything; more that he is frustrated. So yeah, im not sure posting email interactions online in this case is a wise move
Old 7th August 2018
Lives for gear
If you're going to post emails, I'd suggest that you be fully transparent and post the whole chain rather than just half (or less) of the conversation. As someone coming across this stuff on a public forum, I have no idea what you said, your tone, or how you otherwise presented yourself since you only posted selected portions of the conversation. I'm not saying you're trying to be deceitful or anything, but that level of editorializing doesn't allow the readers to make an objective decision. You could've been completely polite and received a rude response and maybe you'd get people on board, but I personally couldn't give any credence to such a heavily edited conversation.

So just to offer anoother perspective, I ordered an SA-73 (non-EQ) from Stam and it arrived 13 months after I made the pre-order (maybe 10 months passed the initial delivery date). Now that it's here, it's truly excellent. I'm thrilled with the product. Love my SA-2A too (bought that secondhand). Regarding the SA-73, Stam weren't always the most proactively communicative but Josh and his support people were never rude. I had an email go unanswered, but they got back to me the second time. I kind of knew this would be the case in advance, and set my expectations accordingly, which worked. So that's my experience. Not all positive, not entirely negative. I have no problems ordering more gear from Stam based on my own interactions.

If you don't like waiting (and trust me, I get that), you could always wait until the units are actually in stock and pay full price. This takes all the pressure off of everyone. Go to the Stam site when something is in stock, order, and get quick delivery. Costs $100-200 more, but if someone has difficulty with delays (not judging, totally understandable), then maybe that's the best way to go.
Old 7th August 2018
Company Rep
I think this is against forum rules to post private correspondence.

And here was I thinking I was emailing an old customer-friend explaining my frustration. I guess I came across as rude but that was not my intention.

We emailed everybody on the list about the new date by the way, not sure why Derek did not get that email, I will review this.

Thanks

Last edited by joshuanaconda; 7th August 2018 at 05:37 AM..
Old 7th August 2018
Lives for gear

a lot of us haven't gotten any mail, including myself.
Old 7th August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
I think this is against forum rules to post private correspondence.

And here was I thinking I was emailing an old customer-friend explaining my frustration. I guess I came across as rude but that was not my intention.

We emailed everybody on the list about the new date by the way, not sure why Derek did not get that email, I will review this.

Thanks
I never got the email either....nor did my mate who bought one as well....I check my spam daily and nothing was in there either...
Old 7th August 2018
Gear Addict

I also have never gotten an email about the 1073EQ. I have for other units and have gotten responses when I asked quesrions, though.
Old 7th August 2018
Company Rep
Guys

I will have Miguel review this because he is in charge of emails and I have had confirmation twice that all clients who reserved got their email.

I am really puzzled on what is going on since we have hired 2 people for this not to happen

I can only apologize and will try to resolve this today

Josh
Old 7th August 2018
Company Rep
Ok, I sent Miguel the wrong excel list which did not contain all people that reserved, only the last 20 or so

I have just forwarded the correct spreadsheet and he will email everybody now

My mistake, I apologize.
Old 7th August 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoepedals View Post
I also have never gotten an email about the 1073EQ. I have for other units and have gotten responses when I asked quesrions, though.

The batch has been postponed to October, yes.

There was a problem with a file so, if you haven't received an email, please add [email protected] to your contact list so it doesn't go to SPAM. I have just sent an email "1073EQ Update" to everyone on our list.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you for your concern!
Old 7th August 2018
Gear Addict

Thanks! I got the new update.

So, question I have been wondering for a while.

There are a couple features about the Stam 1073EQ that I am not sure are present and which are features on the Warm (and the Neve version) which would make me want to keep both in my rack. I was wondering if these are possible to include:

1. Insert loop to add effects.
2. Ability to use the HPF without switching in the whole EQ.
3. Buttons to select line vs mic input source vs DI. (Not sure if the whole gain range is available for the DI but that would be important).

Are these present/possible to add?
Old 7th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelbatalha View Post
The batch has been postponed to October, yes.

There was a problem with a file so, if you haven't received an email, please add [email protected] to your contact list so it doesn't go to SPAM. I have just sent an email "1073EQ Update" to everyone on our list.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you for your concern!
i was a first 100 pre-order, have not received any update email on 1073, checked my spam.
Old 7th August 2018
Here for the gear
I just received an email saying that my 1073EQ will be delayed and won't ship until October.
I didn't order a 1073EQ I ordered a 1073 MPA with 2 channels and I added the Sowters. Does anyone know if that one is delayed too? They sent me an email on July 22 saying that my 1073 MPA would ship this coming week or early August. They also sent me another email saying the the 1176ADG would be shipping in August. Does anyone know if that has been delayed too?
I sent an email to Combine Shipping to have them both ship together because they were both supposed to ship in August but now I have no idea when to expect these units to ship. I hope I am not sent a 1073EQ instead of the 1073MPA that I ordered.
Old 7th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I completely understand if your timeline changes, but not three times and without a courtesy email ?
That’s right I said it, I see everyone kissing this guy’s *ss because they don’t want to upset him on Gearslutz.
There is definitely something buggered with Stam's email. See below...

As for kissing his azz...not I. From the comfort of my computer I have no problem railroading a company/company rep online if they screw up. It's best done in a constructive way though.

Since the SA-4000 Stam has a history of being late on delivers. But they also have a history of making excellent sounding gear for a low cost.

P.S. Stam is Chilean for Slow. Did you know that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
Guys

I will have Miguel review this because he is in charge of emails and I have had confirmation twice that all clients who reserved got their email.

I am really puzzled on what is going on since we have hired 2 people for this not to happen

I can only apologize and will try to resolve this today

Josh
http://ConstantContact may be your friend if you aren't using it already. I would bet that your e-mails are getting spam filtered due to your South American IP address origination. Sending email blasts through a trusted system like CC is the way to go.
Old 7th August 2018
Gear Maniac

The customer is always right.

Just saying...
Old 7th August 2018
Lives for gear

no
Old 7th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rami Hashash View Post
The customer is always right.

Just saying...
No, they're not.
Old 7th August 2018
Lives for gear

+1 for ConstantContact, it's great! https://www.constantcontact.com
Old 7th August 2018
Gear Nut
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].

The 1073EQ starts shipping in October, the 1073MPA's start shipping this month. Everyone will receive what he or she has ordered.
Old 7th August 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
No, they're not.
Unless they are being unreasonable and unfair then yes they are.

When a customer is paying money for a product (not a service) then yes they are.

First rule of (good) business.
Old 8th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rami Hashash View Post
Unless they are being unreasonable and unfair then yes they are.

When a customer is paying money for a product (not a service) then yes they are.

First rule of (good) business.
You wrote always right. I disagreed with the always part. Sometimes the customer is an unreasonable, overly demanding, entitled jerk who wastes your time and gives you headaches.
Old 8th August 2018
Thanks for sorting the email issue! I got my email through today. Its just nice being kept in the loop with where your purchases are. Was very pleased to see the part about the potential future discount or deal for customers waiting the extra time! That'd be awesome! Im wanting to get one of the sa2a's at some point!
Old 8th August 2018
Lives for gear

still haven't gotten any mail/info/update via email
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search