The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kazrog releases KClip 3 Dynamics Plugins
Old 12th October 2018
  #121
MrM
Here for the gear
Sad to report that the broken multi-band issue is still there on 3.1. This renders KClip3 unusable in that mode.

Update 3.1.2 - Nov 22nd 2018: Even worse than before Watch Your Speakers!!!

Last edited by MrM; 22nd November 2018 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: Update 3.1.2
Old 27th December 2018
  #122
Gear Nut
 

Sorry for the noob question but what does this do that a limiter does not? If I have proL2 is this covering new ground?
Old 27th December 2018
  #123
Lives for gear
 
Kazrog's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM View Post
Sad to report that the broken multi-band issue is still there on 3.1. This renders KClip3 unusable in that mode.

Update 3.1.2 - Nov 22nd 2018: Even worse than before Watch Your Speakers!!!
Hadn't seen this post. However, all known issues with multiband have been resolved in KClip 3.1.2.

You can always open a support ticket - since you paid for the software, you are entitled to support. Absent any system information, posting FUD in a public forum helps exactly no one.
Old 27th December 2018
  #124
Lives for gear
 
Kazrog's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomotomoto View Post
Sorry for the noob question but what does this do that a limiter does not? If I have proL2 is this covering new ground?
This article has a great visual example:

Q. Is there a difference between clipping and limiting? |

Normally, we want to avoid clipping - however, in the case of a mastering clipper such as KClip, the undesirable aliasing we associate with digital clipping is attenuated through oversampling. You can think of KClip as being akin to slamming the front end of expensive analog to digital converters - long a technique of mastering engineers - minus the need for expensive outboard.

By contrast, a limiter adjusts the gain of a signal, rather than allowing peaks to clip into distortion. It's essentially like a robot riding the master fader for you, in this context.

Neither is superior or inferior to one another - they are different tools. If you push a clipper too far, you get audible distortion. If you push a limiter too far, you get audible pumping. Used together, I tend to like to run a light compressor or limiter on the master bus in front of KClip, but the other way around can also be a viable approach. It really depends on the material and what you're going for.
Old 27th December 2018
  #125
Lives for gear
 

I also have 3.1.2 and the multiband mode brings my DAW (FL Studio 20) to a shuddering halt. I'll lodge a ticket and see if I can help you out
Old 27th December 2018
  #126
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog View Post
Hadn't seen this post. However, all known issues with multiband have been resolved in KClip 3.1.2.

You can always open a support ticket - since you paid for the software, you are entitled to support. Absent any system information, posting FUD in a public forum helps exactly no one.
Umm it actually helps potential customers to stay away from this product until posters say it's been fixed. Despite your proclamations that all multiband issues have been resolved, it's plainly obvious that many users are still experiencing it after the latest update. It would be only fair of you to at least acknowledged that.
Old 27th December 2018
  #127
Lives for gear
 
Kazrog's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STSQ View Post
Umm it actually helps potential customers to stay away from this product until posters say it's been fixed. Despite your proclamations that all multiband issues have been resolved, it's plainly obvious that many users are still experiencing it after the latest update. It would be only fair of you to at least acknowledged that.
I would agree with you if that were the case, except that's not what's happened here. There's been a single user report of an issue since the last major update was posted. The user in question also made no effort to receive support for this issue, and exactly zero support tickets regarding multiband have been opened since this update went live in October 2018.
Old 28th December 2018
  #128
Lives for gear
 
Kazrog's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy View Post
I also have 3.1.2 and the multiband mode brings my DAW (FL Studio 20) to a shuddering halt. I'll lodge a ticket and see if I can help you out
Just recreated! Hadn't installed FL 20 yet on my new build rig. Lots of changes lately and I apologize for this. Probably a simple fix.

I'm on it! Sorry for the issues, guys!
Old 28th December 2018
  #129
Lives for gear
 

Yay! Looking forward to it, sir. Happy New Year
Old 29th December 2018
  #130
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog View Post
Just recreated! Hadn't installed FL 20 yet on my new build rig. Lots of changes lately and I apologize for this. Probably a simple fix.

I'm on it! Sorry for the issues, guys!
But, but, but.... didn't you say there were no issues left to resolve??????
Old 29th December 2018
  #131
Lives for gear
 
Kazrog's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STSQ View Post
But, but, but.... didn't you say there were no issues left to resolve??????
No known issues at the time of that post. But really, the day there are no more issues of any kind left to resolve sounds like a strange and ominous existence...
Old 30th December 2018
  #132
Lives for gear
 

Kazrog didn't know the multiband bug was still evident in FL Studio 20 because they didn't have that version of the DAW installed. No one (me included) put in a support ticket about it. Then a few people (me included) out of the blue mention in this thread that multiband mode is still stuttering - and Kazrog immediately tests, acknowledges and sets about fixing it. Can't really ask for more...
Old 2nd January 2019
  #133
MrM
Here for the gear
Update: This issue has been graciously addressed by Shane, all is well now.

See Excerpt here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog View Post

I've gone ahead and sent you a refund for KClip 3. I've not revoked your access to the product, though. Consider this my sincerest way of apologizing for the less than stellar experience you've had. I'll keep this incident in mind, and I'll be meditating on how to avoid similar issues going forward.

Thanks again for your patience and diligence in dealing with this issue. You deserved a far better experience than you got, and I'm extremely sorry.

Cheers,
-Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog View Post

I've gone ahead and sent you a refund for KClip 3. I've not revoked your access to the product, though. Consider this my sincerest way of apologizing for the less than stellar experience you've had. I'll keep this incident in mind, and I'll be meditating on how to avoid similar issues going forward.

Thanks again for your patience and diligence in dealing with this issue. You deserved a far better experience than you got, and I'm extremely sorry.

Cheers,
-Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog View Post
Hadn't seen this post. However, all known issues with multiband have been resolved in KClip 3.1.2.

You can always open a support ticket - since you paid for the software, you are entitled to support. Absent any system information, posting FUD in a public forum helps exactly no one.
Shane,

I think your approach to this problem is going to affect Kazrog’s credibility. Before you accuse me of spreading FUD, did you even bother to read my earlier posts in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM View Post
Another user experiencing the Multiband Issue. When I contacted Kazrog two days ago, they told me:

"This issue randomly affects some Logic Pro users. Unfortunately, we've been unable to recreate it here, so no timeline for a fix has been established."

However, according to several accounts in this thread, this is an issue that seems to affect Mac and PC users across multiple DAWs.

Interestingly I managed to make KC3 work in MB mode, on the same computer, but only inside Maschine 2 standalone. It continued to manifest the issue in Logic PRO X 10.3.3 and Komplete Kontrol standalone. KCP2 continues to work smoothly on the same machine across all my DAWs.

This leads me to conclude that this is a KC3 problem.

Besides that, I'm also having difficulty switching between clipping modes. The selectors are stagnant and sometimes switch back after you select another mode from the drop down menu.

I hope Kazrog finds a fix for these issues soon. It will be a shame to leave it like this and totally kill the value of this -otherwise- powerful tool, for people like me.

My Specs for this system:

27" iMac 17,1 with a 4.0 GHz Core i7 (I7-6700K) and 64GB of RAM
MacOS El Capitan 10.11.6
Logic Pro X 10.3.3
My Support Request Ticket [#PBX-449195] which included a screen capture with sound and detailed system information, got this sort of reply: We can't recreate it, so don't expect us to fix it.

But after other users joined in and confirmed the issue on this forum and elsewhere, you posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog View Post
I understand the frustration surrounding multiband mode at this time. The fact is, for the vast majority of users, it is working flawlessly. I am investigating this to the best of my ability. A lot on my plate at the moment.

I'm sorry if I've let any of you down. A bug fix update (3.0.3) is in the works as we speak, and I want to address as many things as possible as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!
So I gave you my full support with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM View Post
I'm relieved to read this, and I sincerely appreciate your situation. As a "reformed" iOS game Designer/Publisher, I know how nasty it is to survive within the Apple ecosystem. You have my understanding and full support. If there is anything I can do to help resolve this from my end, I will not hesitate.

One thing about KClip3 and that Multiband Mode: When it works, it is amazing!

Wishing you all the best,

-MRM
You can’t ask more from a customer, especially one who paid for a broken piece of software.

Months went by, the ticket was closed by your system and no one contacted me to follow up. So I did what any good user should do: Test and report here until there’s a fix.

The latest version 3.1.2 clipped so violently on two DAWs, it would have certainly damaged speakers/headphones at loud volumes. (see screen cap)

So I decided to warn users, again like any good colleague should.

And if anyone thinks I'm spreading "FUD" take a look at the attached image and the full screen capture here:

http://www.screencast.com/t/mVikXO62cc


Bottomline: KClip3 is still partially broken and you owe us customers a definitive remedy, simple as that.


-MrM
Attached Thumbnails
Kazrog releases KClip 3-kclip3multibandissue.jpg  
Old 2nd January 2019
  #134
Lives for gear
 
Kazrog's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM View Post
Shane,

I think your approach to this problem is going to affect Kazrog’s credibility. Before you accuse me of spreading FUD, did you even bother to read my earlier posts in this thread?
I understand your frustration. I've read every post in this thread from day one, and have responded either directly or indirectly to reports of issues.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM View Post
My Support Request Ticket [#PBX-449195] which included a screen capture with sound and detailed system information, got this sort of reply: We can't recreate it, so don't expect us to fix it.
Again, I understand your frustration, but issues affecting Logic users have remained elusive and cannot be recreated on any test systems here (where things are running perfectly.) Most Logic users are not experiencing any issues with KClip 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM View Post
You can’t ask more from a customer, especially one who paid for a broken piece of software.
You've gone the extra mile the entire time to report your issues, and I appreciate that and thank you. However, calling software "broken" based on an edge case issue that isn't affecting the vast majority of users is not accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM View Post
Months went by, the ticket was closed by your system and no one contacted me to follow up. So I did what any good user should do: Test and report here until there’s a fix.

The latest version 3.1.2 clipped so violently on two DAWs, it would have certainly damaged speakers/headphones at loud volumes. (see screen cap)

So I decided to warn users, again like any good colleague should.

Bottomline: KClip3 is still partially broken and you owe us customers a definitive remedy, simple as that.


-MrM
I'm working on addressing a similar issue in FL Studio 20 at the moment (which, thankfully, this time, I was able to recreate right away.) If it's related, the fix may resolve this for you as well.

I understand you're not happy with the product, or the support you received. Looking back at the timeline of events, I can see exactly why and how this all happened, and it's my fault for not following up with you after the transition to the new ticketing system.

I've gone ahead and sent you a refund for KClip 3. I've not revoked your access to the product, though. Consider this my sincerest way of apologizing for the less than stellar experience you've had. I'll keep this incident in mind, and I'll be meditating on how to avoid similar issues going forward.

Thanks again for your patience and diligence in dealing with this issue. You deserved a far better experience than you got, and I'm extremely sorry.

Cheers,
-Shane

Last edited by Kazrog; 2nd January 2019 at 06:32 PM..
Old 2nd January 2019
  #135
Gear Addict
 

Stellar response!
Old 3rd January 2019
  #136
MrM
Here for the gear
Smile Thank you Shane, well done Kazrog!

Dear Shane,

Your response is above and beyond what was hoping for. You have renewed my trust in Kazrog, and for that you have my sincere gratitude. I accept your kind gesture with this promise: I will gladly repurchase another Kclip license, once the issues have been finally resolved.

Wishing you good luck and continued success,

Thank you very much,

MrM
Old 3rd January 2019
  #137
Gear Nut
 
Dimzo's Avatar
 

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog View Post
...it's my fault...
Shane... this whole post made me log in again after a long time. You have earned my respect and for me it‘s a sign of strength and good character to be able to admit a fault that one made. That‘s so seldom today and i just wanted to take the time to tell you that.

happy new year
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump