The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Boz Big Clipper Dynamics Plugins
Old 22nd April 2018
Gear Head

Blend mode options are little small but other than that i love it.
Old 26th April 2018
M2E
Lives for gear

Hey Boz, love the Big Clipper. There is only 1 thing I wish it had to be a complete and total game changer.

It can be a switch, button, a nipple for all I care but something to click on and know that now matter what I do to push, strangle, pull, twist or slam this plugin that the output will not go over 0.01 or (Not go over any intersample peaks ISPs). This would be a dream button!

Pretty please?

Thanks for making and very great sounding clipper.

Marc
Old 26th April 2018
You should know that this is almost impossible for clipping. Yes, sure, technically it can be limited to -0.01 dBFS on your meter in the DAW, but to limit ISP to such a level (which means after D/A conversion), there must be something else than clipping involved to achieve that, like a smooth limiter with at least a few ms release. It´s just natural that an analog waveform (which it becomes after the D/A conversion) cannot have "cut off / flat tops" as per the very physics of sound. Alternatively, you must lower the output level to ~-1dBFS. That's the downside of using purely clipping in as a final stage.
Old 27th April 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
Hey Boz, love the Big Clipper. There is only 1 thing I wish it had to be a complete and total game changer.

It can be a switch, button, a nipple for all I care but something to click on and know that now matter what I do to push, strangle, pull, twist or slam this plugin that the output will not go over 0.01 or (Not go over any intersample peaks ISPs). This would be a dream button!

Pretty please?

Marc

Wouldn't you give enough headroom and then deal with that at the mastering stage using different tools?
Old 27th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post

Pretty please?

Marc
I'd have to think about that for a bit. I didn't originally intend for Big Clipper to be the final piece of the master bus. It can be used to shave off some of the wacky transients before sending it to a limiter, which will definitely make the limiter sound better, but changing Big Clipper to be used as a "mastering" limiter would require a pretty major overhaul, and I already have The Wall that acts as a mastering limiter.
Old 28th April 2018
M2E
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozmillar View Post
I'd have to think about that for a bit. I didn't originally intend for Big Clipper to be the final piece of the master bus. It can be used to shave off some of the wacky transients before sending it to a limiter, which will definitely make the limiter sound better, but changing Big Clipper to be used as a "mastering" limiter would require a pretty major overhaul, and I already have The Wall that acts as a mastering limiter.
So, I guess your saying, go get "The Wall" plugin.

OK....done!

Marc
Old 28th April 2018
M2E
Lives for gear

WOW, The Wall is realllllly good! Nice.

The dream team is complete and in RTAS. I love you! Thanks

Marc
Old 28th April 2018
Lives for gear

Hey Marc & Boz, so all this was a premedited scam to make us buy The Wall
Old 28th April 2018
M2E
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblack View Post
Yeah man, I feel set up. It's a good setup though....lol

Marc
Old 28th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblack View Post
I've been planning this moment for years. It all came together so smoothly.
Old 28th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Hi,
digging Big Clipper! Is it just me or is the treble sensitivity knob "wired" backwards? With Bass and mids the distortion is increased when boosting, but with treble you have to cut to increase the dist? AU last version (with output volume).
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by oøt View Post
Hi,
digging Big Clipper! Is it just me or is the treble sensitivity knob "wired" backwards? With Bass and mids the distortion is increased when boosting, but with treble you have to cut to increase the dist? AU last version (with output volume).
It's actually due to the effect of distorting high frequencies, when you distort the high freqs, the harmonics are outside the hearing range and the fundamental gets turned down, so it has an effect of actually reducing the level of the high frequencies, and since you can't hear the overtones, you actually hear it less, as opposed to distorting low frequencies, the harmonics make it so you can hear the low frequencies better.
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
It's actually due to the effect of distorting high frequencies, when you distort the high freqs, the harmonics are outside the hearing range and the fundamental gets turned down, so it has an effect of actually reducing the level of the high frequencies, and since you can't hear the overtones, you actually hear it less, as opposed to distorting low frequencies, the harmonics make it so you can hear the low frequencies better.
Thanks for the explanation! Makes sense
Old 20th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's coming. Hopefully today.
Hey Boz,

Is this going on sale during BF sales?
Old 18th December 2018
Gear Nut

Who ever said they chose this over upgrading to KClip 3 because Karzogs $50 fee trolled me. $149.99 currently.
Old 22nd December 2018
Lives for gear

KClip 3 multiband mode doesn't work so you're not missing much anyway
Old 25th December 2018
Lives for gear

Sad to hear that. So no one should upgrade then? I have version 1.0
Old 21st January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydfar View Post
Sad to hear that. So no one should upgrade then? I have version 1.0
Perhaps I’m misreading but:
EVERYONE should download the demo and decide for themselves before mentioning such a broad statement. I know Kazrog was in the middle of switching their auth/demo system, but in the past you could demo as long as you wanted (uncrippled).
I have Klip3 and i can say it is in every way superior in its possibilities. Kilo V2 is perhaps easier to dial in if you are not so experienced or knowledgeable with the plugins true capacities. Once you get your head around V3 it is by far superior to V2 especially in the width of its application.

Just trying to stomp out unnecessary bushfires before they cause wreckless collateral to a highly dedicated and talented one man show!

Pardon the OT, but I am sure BOZ can you understand my concern.

Cheers
Peter
Old 28th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeete View Post
Perhaps I’m misreading but:
EVERYONE should download the demo and decide for themselves before mentioning such a broad statement. I know Kazrog was in the middle of switching their auth/demo system, but in the past you could demo as long as you wanted (uncrippled).
I have Klip3 and i can say it is in every way superior in its possibilities. Kilo V2 is perhaps easier to dial in if you are not so experienced or knowledgeable with the plugins true capacities. Once you get your head around V3 it is by far superior to V2 especially in the width of its application.

Just trying to stomp out unnecessary bushfires before they cause wreckless collateral to a highly dedicated and talented one man show!

Pardon the OT, but I am sure BOZ can you understand my concern.

Cheers
Peter
Fair.. But I wish you would take that to MogwaiBoy instead. I agree I should have chosen my words more carefully, though...
Old 4th February 2019
Lives for gear

Yeah - and don't get me wrong, I really like Kazrog, they make quality stuff for good prices and the dude is very receptive on this forum. Synth Warmer and True Iron are near gamechangers IMO.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search