The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Boz Big Clipper Dynamics Plugins
Old 9th April 2018
Gear Head

Anything it does better than SIR Audio Tools StandardCLIP? SIR oversampling features will not only make your CPU cry.
Old 9th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaner View Post
Boz please add output volume control, only thing I'm missing here!
It's coming. Hopefully today.
Old 9th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto View Post
Agreed about the button sizes. I actually think that section in general could use a design overhaul. For example, the slider doesn’t indicate clearly what is happening in general, the clip and limit logos should reverse when selecting LxC mode, and the feedback display at the bottom of the plug is a bit confusing in the third mode where it expressed the slider value as a percentage (I think it’d be better to express as a pair of percentages or a ratio). And as noted above by the other user, the fourth mode logo is weird.
I don't disagree with any of this. That section of the GUI bugs me too. I think in the end, I'm going to have to do a complete overhaul of the GUI to fix the issue and make those buttons more readable. I'm going over some options of ways I can do it that don't involve starting the graphics over from scratch. But if it has to be done, then that's the best option, but it may be a bit down the road.

But the output gain won't wait for a GUI redesign. I have it working on Windows, I just need to compile the mac version and I'll stick it out there for you guys.
Old 9th April 2018
Lives for gear

Output Gain: Awesome

The GUI is really cool to me, don't change it too much..
Agree with readable buttons
Old 10th April 2018
Gear Maniac

I'll give a little background on why this doesn't have oversampling. When I started making this, my original goal was to make a clipper that would distort, not have terrible aliasing, and not require oversampling. I've just seen and experienced too many bad side effects from oversampling to where if I can reduce the artifacts without resorting to oversampling, I'm going to take it.

In Blend Mode 1, Big Clipper greatly reduces the aliasing that you get when just using standard clipping. It's not eliminated compltely, but it can drop it by about 20dB, and doesn't require any oversampling or lookahead. I plan on putting together a video showing it, but I need to get this output knob update out first.
Old 10th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblack View Post
Output Gain: Awesome

The GUI is really cool to me, don't change it too much..
Agree with readable buttons
Agreed, the output will be a nice addition and I'm also happy with the GUI but can understand the points made. I wouldn't say no to it being slightly clearer but at the same time it looks great and works perfectly so I'm happy either way.

Last night I had fun destroying a boss dr202 pattern I made with this - it gets so extreme and I made some textures I'd never come across, blending those back in with the original was really nice. Finding uses for this from subtle to very obvious and liking everything that's come out of it so far. Great plugin!
Old 10th April 2018
Gear Maniac

ok, update 1.1 0 is available.

Changes:
Added output gain fader. It's in between the meters.
Fixed the graphics for the L->C button.

I do plan on doing a major overhaul of the graphics, but this should at least work until I get a better looking solution.

This update adds a new control, so it's possible that after updating, the settings on the plugin may be messed up next time you open your project. If this is an issue, save your settings as presets and recall the preset when you open it back up.

Although, it shouldn't mess up your settings. The settings should open the same, with the output gain set to 0dB. But some DAWs may not store the settings in the same way, so it's always a possibility. Just keep that in mind as you update. I tried to get this update out fast enough so that not too many people were effected heavily by the change if it is an issue.

You can download the update on the page, or just download it here:

Mac: https://www.dropbox.com/s/urlhgrgq9x...0_Mac.pkg?dl=1

PC:https://www.dropbox.com/s/99sve3ygba...ndows.exe?dl=1
Old 10th April 2018
Gear Addict

This sort of homegrown support is one of my favorite things about Boz. That and the incredible sound and the outside-of-the-box purpose-driven character of the Boz plugins.

Thank you Boz!
Old 10th April 2018
Lives for gear

I tried to download the manual from the Boz website. Was unable to.

Boz does this need to be fixed ?

Thanks.
Old 10th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy View Post
I tried to download the manual from the Boz website. Was unable to.

Boz does this need to be fixed ?

Thanks.
Works fine here, give it another go - perhaps a different browser if it doesn't download?
Old 10th April 2018
Lives for gear

good short video here

YouTube
Old 12th April 2018
Lives for gear

Installed the demo yesterday and bought it today. Great stuff, Boz!
Old 12th April 2018
Lives for gear

Yes this is really really nice... Bought after an hour too.

Cheers Boz!

R.
Old 12th April 2018
Gear Maniac

No brainer. Bought!
Old 17th April 2018
Lives for gear
is it possible to turn Frequency Sensitivity on/off?
would be cool to quickly A -B
Old 17th April 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmixer04 View Post
is it possible to turn Frequency Sensitivity on/off?
would be cool to quickly A -B
That’s a really good idea.
Old 18th April 2018
Lives for gear

I just bought this too. The new K-Clip 3 upgrade is $50 (for existing 2 Pro owners) so I opted for this instead. I love the low CPU consumption so I can use several in a session.
K-Clip does have more features and I might grab it down the track on a special, but this does the crunchy thing that I want right now, so I'm happy!
Old 19th April 2018
Lives for gear

Love it so much on chopped vocals too
lot of fun!
Old 19th April 2018
Everytime I swear myself to not buy any more plugins.... bought. Ouch.
Old 19th April 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by theillusionist View Post
And the aliasing comments begin.... These treads are so predictable...
"How does it sound... Great!"

Someone analyses the plugin

"It has aliasing issues"
It is 2019. Available CPU power allows to have no compromise in terms of sound quality, so why having another plugin that is adding aliasing in to the mix if this could be avoided?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theillusionist View Post
Also for mastering couldn't you just master at high sample rates to reduce the impact it scientifically has on the sound?
Why should I work around the plugin? That should be the other way around.
Old 19th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
It is 2019. Available CPU power allows to have no compromise in terms of sound quality, so why having another plugin that is adding aliasing in to the mix if this could be avoided?

Why should I work around the plugin? That should be the other way around.
Forgive me, but I was under the impression that it was 2018?
Old 19th April 2018
Lives for gear
Boz provided a lengthy explanation on the aliasing issue. As has been mentioned , worrying about it when something sounds the way you want it to would seem to be counterproductive for most IMHO
Old 19th April 2018
Lives for gear

And who are these people updating computers every year to the latest powerful chips?

Many pros are still using Mac Pro cheese-graters from 2009 - 2012. They're still capable of handling large mixes but certainly some of the more recent plugins tax them strongly.
Old 19th April 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfurry View Post
Forgive me, but I was under the impression that it was 2018?
I live in the future
Old 19th April 2018
Lives for gear

gotta know...president pence?
Old 19th April 2018
Gear Head

Picked this up today, was a no brainer after i tried the demo. Great plugin love what it does to drum sounds.
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

I could not resist this one!
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

Big Clipper did enter directly to my Top 10 plugin Folder
Old 21st April 2018
Gear Head
This is also a limiter, right ?
Why does it output levels over 0 db ?
I bought it and love it but I really dont understand it.
Rtfm didnt help.
I´m putting a "real" limiter after this plugin but I would have thought I didnt have to.
Old 21st April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoulmusic View Post
This is also a limiter, right ?
Why does it output levels over 0 db ?
I bought it and love it but I really dont understand it.
Rtfm didnt help.
I´m putting a "real" limiter after this plugin but I would have thought I didnt have to.

You might want to read this:

Q. Is there a difference between clipping and limiting? |

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search