The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out! Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 29th March 2018
Gear Head

DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!

DiBiQuadro Bronze, the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4, is out since March 28th!

Introductory price is 67.15€ (15%OFF).

All links at: DiBiQuadroAudio

Bronze (Trial)

Bronze (Full)

DiBiQuadro Bronze is a great sounding mastering EQ plug-in based on Acustica Audio technology which provides sweet, transparent and clean timbral shaping with elegance and musicality. It is the result of meticulous samplings of a highly sought after machine in its all discrete J-FET solid state signal path. Bronze will shine on pretty much anything, from drums, kick, snare, toms, to acoustic guitars and keys, or any other source requiring punch and clarity.

SP Tech
Each band and preamp has been sampled without any converter / “calibration bias” phase distortion. This allows to overlap the effect of more bands without adding unwanted coloration, reaching a new level of match with hardware for unparalleled results, even compared to hardware itself. This methodology is named SP Tech.

Mandatory requirements
In order to use products from the official 3rd party developers:

- It is mandatory first to install either N4 Player or N4. Only after this it will be possible to proceed with the installation of 3rd party products.
- Please don't install both versions of N4 - use only one of them to guarantee a proper functioning of the products!
- Please make sure that you use an up-to-date version of N4 or N4 Player (at the point of this release N4 is version 1.1.011).
- N4 FREE and N4 Player cannot coexist.
Attached Thumbnails
DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-background.png   DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-bronze1bc.jpg   DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-bronze2bc.jpg   DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-bronze3bc.jpg   DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-bronze4bc.jpg  

DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-bronze5bc.jpg   DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-bronze6bc.jpg   DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-bronze7bc.jpg  
Old 29th March 2018
Lives for gear
Just to show some love. This is a fantastic equalizer! Great job. Quickly becoming a favorite.
Old 29th March 2018
Gear Addict

Looks nice, is there a demo?

And what is the deal with this price ($100 full price)??
Are nebula libraries now supposed to sell at aqua prices???
Old 29th March 2018
Gear Addict

Is it fully sweepable or fixed frequency and Q points?
Old 29th March 2018
Gear Nut

Can you give a bit of a bio on your company? I'm unfamiliar
Old 29th March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukarin View Post
Is it fully sweepable or fixed frequency and Q points?
Fixed eq points and full sweepable Q. Runs even smoother than Aquas.
Old 29th March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post

Hey Consnyc, there is a demo. Some are having issues getting it working but give it a try. Login on the AA site, purchase the free demo, which in a few minutes it should then show up in Aquarius. Candidly I had various issues getting it to work but it eventually did.
Old 29th March 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Hey Consnyc, there is a demo. Some are having issues getting it working but give it a try. Login on the AA site, purchase the free demo, which in a few minutes it should then show up in Aquarius. Candidly I had various issues getting it to work but it eventually did.
awesome, thanks.
Old 29th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
...and, just as a side note, Bronze is by all means an ACQUA library rather than a Nebula library. It is hosted inside Nebula4 Player, but functionally it works exactly like any other Acqua plug-in.

3rd Party Developers are expected to release both Nebula libraries (each of them using a single Nebula instance, just like any other old-style Nebula program) and Acqua libraries, which are built upon several Nebula instances exactly like Acqua plug-ins.

Introducing N4 Player -
Old 29th March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteDal View Post
...and, just as a side note, Bronze is by all means an ACQUA library rather than a Nebula library. It is hosted inside Nebula4 Player, but functionally it works exactly like any other Acqua plug-in.

3rd Party Developers are expected to release both Nebula libraries (each of them using a single Nebula instance, just like any other old-style Nebula program) and Acqua libraries, which are built upon several Nebula instances exactly like Acqua plug-ins.

Introducing N4 Player -
Preciate this SteDal. Makes more sense. Sorry for any misunderstandings I may have caused.
Old 29th March 2018
Gear Addict
Can't find .ser file to send for authorization. Tried 2 DAW's in admin mode, no joy.
Can someone tell me where it should be? Thanks.
Old 29th March 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteDal View Post

Introducing N4 Player -
I see, thanks for clarifying.
Old 29th March 2018
Gear Nut

Congrats on the release :-)

First impression. I really like the eq-section, bands and interaction. The plugin both feels and responds precise and it can very well be used to sculpture a mix. Bronze does also add a nice amount of analog depth. Also I very much appreciate the layout and size for use on HiDPI.

About the Pre-In section I’m not really clicking with it. Perhaps too much processing going on and I sense the definition is easily lost, especially up in the mid-high area. Just for sake of the sound (not cpu), I experimented with reducing the harmonic kernels in N4, but to me it didn’t bring the details I was looking for.

Then I placed an analyzer after the plugin. At 1kHz test tone THD goes crazy after engaging only the 3rd kernel. When looking at the harmonic distortion plots (pg.5 in Bronze manual), I’m not at all able to achieve same results.

This is using only the Pre-In section, no eq engaged.
N4 1.1.011 and NAE 1.4.212. I even used factory xml’s to be sure.

2Kern_1st_H.png, 3Kern_2nd_H.png, 4Kern_3rd_H.png, 10Kern_9th_H.png

Is it just here?
Attached Thumbnails
DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-n4bronze-pre-harmo.jpg  
Old 29th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

This Acqua libraries run on the free Nebula Player. Therefore, a part of the revenues goes to Acustica.

They act like an Acqua, btw. Like a "normal plugin", with all the bands, etc. It's totally awesome.

I'm thinking of it as a nice compromise between and Acqua and a Nebula library. 70 bucks is fair in my opinion.
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
This Acqua libraries run on the free Nebula Player. Therefore, a part of the revenues goes to Acustica.

They act like an Acqua, btw. Like a "normal plugin", with all the bands, etc. It's totally awesome.

I'm thinking of it as a nice compromise between and Acqua and a Nebula library. 70 bucks is fair in my opinion.
Full price is 80 euro which is very close to $100 not 70.

Fair pricing is a personal/subjective issue and I make no comment about it.

However what is very objective is the comparison of pricing with
N3 libraries.

If the new N4 libraries will be designed for optimal interaction on all bands,
with proper internal gain staging, and high quality guis I see the value.
If however all N4 libraries (eg even single band instances with lo-fi guis)
are priced like this, then the comparison to previous N3 3rd
party libraries is very dire for the customer.
Best N3 libs from Tim Petherick retail for $40
without the hefty sales discounts. Henry Olonga vast compendium of
libraries is free/donationware, and everything in between.

I hope this makes clear what I was asking about.
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Full price is 80 euro which is very close to $100 not 70.
Well, actually 70 is closer to 80 than 80 is to 100. Right?

Quote:
Fair pricing is a personal/subjective issue and I make no comment about it.
Yeah, it's just my opinion. I had a fear that this new Acqua libraries would be as expensive as an Acqua. But they are not, and that's cool imo.

Quote:
However what is very objective is the comparison of pricing with
N3 libraries.
Well, AlexB Consoles are $60. CDSoundmaster EQs are $49. There is a difference, but is not huge.

Quote:
If the new N4 libraries will be designed for optimal interaction on all bands,
with proper internal gain staging, and high quality guis I see the value.
If however all N4 libraries (eg even single band instances with lo-fi guis)
are priced like this, then the comparison to previous N3 3rd
party libraries is very dire for the customer.
There is another important difference. To use TimP, Cupwise, AlexB libraries, you have to buy Nebula 4, which costs today $300. On the other hand, this new Acqua libraries can be used with Nebula Player, that is totally free.

And the biggest difference is that this new libraries acts like normal plugins, they have no restrictions to use only one band per instance. I have Bronze and BX Millennia NSEQ side by side right now, and the workflow is the same for both. On the other hand, I have TimP Surge EQ, and I have to open 4 instances of Nebula to compare them.
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post

First impression. I really like the eq-section, bands and interaction. The plugin both feels and responds precise and it can very well be used to sculpture a mix. Bronze does also add a nice amount of analog depth. Also I very much appreciate the layout and size for use on HiDPI.

About the Pre-In section I’m not really clicking with it. Perhaps too much processing going on and I sense the definition is easily lost, especially up in the mid-high area. Just for sake of the sound (not cpu), I experimented with reducing the harmonic kernels in N4, but to me it didn’t bring the details I was looking for.

Then I placed an analyzer after the plugin. At 1kHz test tone THD goes crazy after engaging only the 3rd kernel. When looking at the harmonic distortion plots (pg.5 in Bronze manual), I’m not at all able to achieve same results.

Is it just here?
I just checked THD using PluginDoc. I do not see your levels of THD.

Doc measures THD= -93.1 dB

What level was your test tone at ?
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Well, actually 70 is closer to 80 than 80 is to 100. Right?
Ahm, no you are wrong. You wrote "70 bucks". However the full price is 80 euros which is 100 bucks at today's exchange rate.

Quote:

Well, AlexB Consoles are $60. CDSoundmaster EQs are $49. There is a difference, but is not huge.
Maybe we should compare apples to apples?
We are not discussing consoles. Furthermore the
CDS eqs are offered as vst plugins at these price points.
they are neither multi-band aquas, nor single band
N3 libs.

Appropriate comparison is Tim P (widely recognized as best N3 library maker)
who sells his top of the line eqs for 40 bucks full price which
is certainly nowhere near 100 bucks.

Quote:

There is another important difference. To use TimP, Cupwise, AlexB libraries, you have to buy Nebula 4, which costs today $300. On the other hand, this new Acqua libraries can be used with Nebula Player, that is totally free.
or keep using N3 at no further cost for those of us who have bought
it ages ago.

Quote:

And the biggest difference is that this new libraries acts like normal plugins, they have no restrictions to use only one band per instance. I have Bronze and BX Millennia NSEQ side by side right now, and the workflow is the same for both. On the other hand, I have TimP Surge EQ, and I have to open 4 instances of Nebula to compare them.
on that point I totally agree with you as I said already.
This is the value proposition to be made, not that it
is close to the price point of N3 library.
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ahm, no you are wrong. You wrote "70 bucks". However the full price is 80 euros which is 100 bucks at today's exchange rate.
Oh, yeah, you are right. I thought that Bronze price was in dollar, but it's euros. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Maybe we should compare apples to apples?
We are not discussing consoles. Furthermore the
CDS eqs are offered as vst plugins at these price points.
they are neither multi-band aquas, nor single band
N3 libs.

Appropriate comparison is Tim P (widely recognized as best N3 library maker)
who sells his top of the line eqs for 40 bucks full price which
is certainly nowhere near 100 bucks.
I'm comparing Nebula Libraries prices.

And CDSoundmaster have Nebula Libraries for $49. I was interested in buying the Helios EQ a few days ago, and that's the price.

And if you ask me, TimP libraries are ridiculous cheap. Must be the best bang for the buck ITB today if you are thinking only on sound quality.

Quote:
or keep using N3 at no further cost for those of us who have bought
it ages ago.
If you have Nebula 3. But that's a big if.

Anyway, I like the price of this library. It's something between a N3 library and an Acqua, and that will work for me. Looking forward to what's next.
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear
I think it is fairly priced. Definitely not as shocking to the system as Aquas which I still splurge on. UAD's "Millennia" eq sells for $99 during holiday sales.
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Addict

Is this one inspired by the factory standard board or the FF mod?

Congratulations on your first release to the whole team! Lookig forward to more interesting things from you guys.
Old 30th March 2018
OMU
Lives for gear

I know discussions about pricing are not always nice but since we're comparing it with Acquas let's not forget that sometimes we get 5-6 plugins in one buy and the eqs can have in certain cases up to 4 different devices sampled in one single eq plugin. So, compared to this one, many Acquas can be considered significantly cheaper, especially with the loyalty discounts.

I don't have any opinion about Bronze, it's not tempting enough for me to demo it ATM, I'm sure it's a nice sounding library, just read the arguments and though of mentioning this to complete the picture.
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

Bronze is one aggressive sounding EQ...... I LOVE it, great job @DiBiQuadroDavide!!!
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

Congrats to DiBiQuadro for popping the N4 third party library cherry.
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Head

Quote:

Is it just here?
This sounds really weird. As stated by RJHollins, harmonic distortion must be very low (If I remember well, VstAnalyser uses a sine at 1KHz, -6dB; the highest sub-harmonic is a bit louder than -100dB --> barely audible, if audible).

Magnitude, phase distortion and harmonic distortion of the Preamp section are reported in the manual (@44.1KHz, but it's exactly the same at all sample rates).
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post
This sounds really weird. As stated by RJHollins, harmonic distortion must be very low (If I remember well, VstAnalyser uses a sine at 1KHz, -6dB; the highest sub-harmonic is a bit louder than -100dB --> barely audible, if audible).
VST Plugin Analyzer sine is actually at full scale for better or worse!

Is there a way to check out the manual without downloading the trial.. creating an Acustica account etc.?
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Black View Post
VST Plugin Analyzer sine is actually at full scale for better or worse!

Is there a way to check out the manual without downloading the trial.. creating an Acustica account etc.?
It's on the DiBiQuadro site [link in first post].

Click the Try or BUY link ... scroll down to DOWNLOADS section for PDF.
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post

Magnitude, phase distortion and harmonic distortion of the Preamp section are reported in the manual (@44.1KHz, but it's exactly the same at all sample rates).
I can perfectly follow what the Pre is supposed to do, and how it possible can work.

Tested again, now using PDoc. I have same THD -93 @-18dbfs.
But look at the comparison to Violet and Diamond Pre. Distribution of harmonics are scrambled. Perhaps because I'm using the BronzeTrial???
Something def. feels wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-compare.jpg  
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
I just checked THD using PluginDoc. I do not see your levels of THD.
Doc measures THD= -93.1 dB
What level was your test tone at ?
To prevent polluting the thread with my issue, could you perhaps PM a plot from PD, displaying the full harmonic distribution in your setup?
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
To prevent polluting the thread with my issue, could you perhaps PM a plot from PD, displaying the full harmonic distribution in your setup?
Kinda busy at the moment ... but a quick check ...

Diamond plot looks exactly like mine.

Your VIOLET [compressor] looks different. Mine shows several more harmonics.

As to Bronze. Looks the same as mine.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search