The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out! Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 15th May 2018
Lives for gear

oh does DiBiQuadro have something special that hit BETA this morning.
Old 15th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Looking forward to it.
Old 15th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McCabe View Post
Make sure the install path is set in Aquarius for N4. I had the same issue
That helped me also.
Old 16th May 2018
Lives for gear

Still in beta-testing ... so far ... really nice.

Yet ... I still had to request an additional option to be considered. Hopeful something that would be 'easy' to do ... but I think would be welcomed.

2. I've also put in the request for some more [new] Product from DiBiquadro. Because this BRONZ-eQ just sounds so good ... EVEN the PreAmp !

The new additional features kick it to a whole new level.
Old 18th May 2018
Here for the gear

@ DibiQuadro

Will the intro price stay at least until the update is realeased? Could you give us more clarity on when the price would increase and intro period be over. Thx.

I like how this EQ poke out the sound in a way that none of my other EQ are able to manage. Is it because small variation of the gain knobs provide a big boost? I don't know, but a version with lower magnitude would be most welcomed.

Why? I usually feel the opposite with most AcusticaAudio EQs, I would want more gain range to be able to really "hear" that frequency before finding the perfect setting, and it doesn't matter if it is supposed to be a "mastering" EQ.

With Bronze EQ I have the opposite problem, I am overdoing it, even with small variation. It really doesn't need much to poke the sound open. Having already a lot of AA and 3rd party Nebula EQs, I have been surprised that this is doing something that the others don't, and I can't quite explain it...
Old 18th May 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyBaby View Post
@ DibiQuadro

Will the intro price stay at least until the update is realeased? Could you give us more clarity on when the price would increase and intro period be over. Thx.

I like how this EQ poke out the sound in a way that none of my other EQ are able to manage. Is it because small variation of the gain knobs provide a big boost? I don't know, but a version with lower magnitude would be most welcomed.

Why? I usually feel the opposite with most AcusticaAudio EQs, I would want more gain range to be able to really "hear" that frequency before finding the perfect setting, and it doesn't matter if it is supposed to be a "mastering" EQ.

With Bronze EQ I have the opposite problem, I am overdoing it, even with small variation. It really doesn't need much to poke the sound open. Having already a lot of AA and 3rd party Nebula EQs, I have been surprised that this is doing something that the others don't, and I can't quite explain it...
This was already adressed by @DiBiQuadro Audio. I guess you overlooked the post #106 in this thread. Intro price is extended.

Last edited by DRAZERS; 18th May 2018 at 03:20 AM..
Old 18th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Seems we have 2 DiBiQuadro items in beta, lol.
Old 18th May 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
@ DibiQuadro
We are waiting for the last feedbacks from betatesters (btw thx guys) to realease the new version. So far the impressions are very positive and this is a breath of fresh air. The critics we received really helped to bring usability to a higher level.

Regarding the introductory price it will be kept few weeks (no more than 2) after the release of the new version and then raised to full price which will be very likely increased (more than 79 EUR), rewarding people who bet on us since the beginning.

Quote:
@ DibiQuadro

Thanks for the kind words. We put great effort to precisely separate the bands using a new approach in Nebula domain (SP Tech) and giving the best reproduction of the hardware.

The new Hi-Res mode will be selectable on each band to quickly switch the range from ±18dB to -4;+6dB with improved pointers to precisely tune the gain knobs and give a visive feedback of the adjustments. This should cover your needs very well.
Old 18th May 2018
Gear Head

Bronze Rev F000 is available on Aquarius!

All links at DiBiQuadroAudio

New manual is also available.

Here a recap of the new features/fixes:
- Hi-Res buttons on each band to switch from -/+18dB to -4/+6dB: Hi-Res is selectable by pressing the Hi-Res LED or scale indications on Gain markers.
- 241 steps available for a precision of 0.25dB circa on boost in normal mode and 0.1dB in Hi-Res mode
- Out knob does not reset anymore; range has been changed from -192/+6dB to -/+24dB
- A yellow LED shows the enabling/disabling of the In Trim (ex Input) when Pre-In is activated - it can be pressed too
- 241 steps on In Trim and Out to compensate gain tuning
- GUI restyling

USABILITY TRICKS
To reset knobs to default position use CTRL + “mouse left click”.
Use “mouse scroll wheel” for precise tuning and SHIFT + “mouse scroll wheel” for ultra-precise tuning on Gain, Q, In Trim and Out knobs

EDIT - COMPATIBILITY: Old versions can be updated directly from Aquarius (without removing old instances from projects).
Attached Thumbnails
DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-bronze1.jpg   DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-bronze2.jpg   DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-bronze3.jpg   DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-bronze5.jpg   DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-bronze6.jpg  

DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-background-newnohires.png   DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-bronze-thumbnail.png  
Old 18th May 2018
Gear Head

Here the new manual.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DiBiQuadro BronzeEQ Manual.pdf (4.22 MB, 63 views)
Old 18th May 2018
Lives for gear

Great update.... and thanks for listening to the users and taking Bronze to the next level.
Old 18th May 2018
Lives for gear

I too want to thank the DiBiQuadro Team for all the additional efforts, taking BRONZE-eQ to a new working level.

An excellent sounding equalizer that now has the flexibility for both Mix AND Mastering duties ... all from the same Plugin.

During beta-testing, I've been combining Azure-HQ and BRONZE-eQ in several Mastering sessions. The other nite was a Live Rock'nRoll recording [mono].
Everything from beefing up, clearing some mud, and bringing out clarity and deep, with detailed control.

An absolute pleasure to work with.

Thanks !
Old 19th May 2018
Gear Addict
Pushing the pre gets a metallic sound When it cracks, But i guess that is nebula for u!
Otherwise! Fantastic update!!! Awesome with the finetuning. Just what a master needs...
Old 19th May 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregerlindberg View Post
Pushing the pre gets a metallic sound When it cracks, But i guess that is nebula for u!
Otherwise!
From the manual:

In Trim: when Pre-In is activated it adjusts the amount of harmonic distortion without affecting overall output level; hardware best match is achieved by keeping In Trim set to zero; Bronze is meant to be extremely clean: be careful to avoid settings that may cause unwanted clipping.

Quote:
Fantastic update!!! Awesome with the finetuning. Just what a master needs...
Thanks
Old 19th May 2018
Gear Addict
Then all is as it should! Thank u!
Old 19th May 2018
Gear Maniac

removal of previous version instances not necessary

I thought I read somewhere yesterday that one should remove all instances of the previous version in existing projects before upgrading, but I can't find anymore where this was written. Anyhow, I accidentally did not remove an old instance from a project, and when I opened it with the upgrade installed, it worked like a charm and even the settings of the previous version where recalled.

What a great EQ this is!!!! Not only for mastering duties. I love it on the drum bus.

Cheers,

Jack
Old 19th May 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab of Sound View Post
I thought I read somewhere yesterday that one should remove all instances of the previous version in existing projects before upgrading, but I can't find anymore where this was written. Anyhow, I accidentally did not remove an old instance from a project, and when I opened it with the upgrade installed, it worked like a charm and even the settings of the previous version where recalled.

What a great EQ this is!!!! Not only for mastering duties. I love it on the drum bus.

Cheers,

Jack
Awesome! I realized later it is compatible with old versions, that's the reason why I removed the comment: sorry for the confusion. Also other users reported it is working correctly by simply upgrading from Aquarius. I re-edited my first comment too.

Thank you!
Old 19th May 2018
Gear Nut

Another thanks for the hi-res option, Bronze is fantastic!
Old 20th May 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab of Sound View Post
I love it on the drum bus.
That is one of my favorite applications
Old 20th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post
That is one of my favorite applications
I love it everywhere, lol. It's almost like an SSL 4000 EQ and a Trident 80B EQ had a baby and the baby was all cleaned up, but still had the parents attitude. Thank you for bringing this EQ into software.
Old 21st May 2018
Gear Head

End of Introductory Price - Full Price

Just 2 organizational infos:

- Introductory price will expire on May 28th (next Monday).

- Then, full price will become 89€.

Cheers
Old 25th May 2018
Lives for gear
The update is fantastic! Thanks.
Old 26th May 2018
Gear Addict
Bought and finding its way into most stuff. Def a go to eq.. God job.
Old 28th May 2018
Gear Head

Minor cosmetic fix (shadow on a button) available on Rev G000.

Intro price expires officially today, we'll ask to set the full price tomorrow morning (CET time) - there could be some delays, anyway.
Old 3rd June 2018
Gear Nut

It is possible to have Bronze load with the Hi-Res button checked by default with an XML edit? That's the only way I ever need to use it.
Old 4th June 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloansimpson View Post
It is possible to have Bronze load with the Hi-Res button checked by default with an XML edit? That's the only way I ever need to use it.
Default programs are set on an encrypted xml, which is not public (we had to choose default programs before the release).

If you need all the bands in Hi-Res mode you can save a Preset, I think it is the easiest way to manage.
Old 5th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Otherwise! Fantastic update!!! Awesome with the finetuning. Just what a master needs...
I put this before every nebula/ acqua:

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugin...-vu-meter-mk3/

With the autogain feature you avoid running a signal too hot into acquas.
Old 5th January 2019
Gear Head

Anyone else having issue w/ Bronze not reloading
In the N4 Player after re-opening projects in Logic? Can hear plug-in still working - just not getting the plugin interface (says LOADING...)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search