The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out! Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 3rd May 2018
Lives for gear

would love to test on studio one osx sierra, but this happens. emailed AA support, who said delete N4 player and N4 free and reinstall N4P.

I did, no change:

n4 bug

anyone have N4 player working in s1?
Old 7th May 2018
Gear Nut

@DiBiQuadroDavide @DiBiQuadro Audio

Just bought Bronze …great sounding EQ, you guys did a great job!

That resetting output volume everytime I hit Pre-In is real annoying tho. ...come on guys, WTF, why?
Old 7th May 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydeluxe View Post
would love to test on studio one osx sierra, but this happens. emailed AA support, who said delete N4 player and N4 free and reinstall N4P.

I did, no change:

n4 bug

anyone have N4 player working in s1?
Unfortunately, I'm not an expert of your system.

Hope AA guys were able to solve your problem.
Old 7th May 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAZERS View Post

That resetting output volume everytime I hit Pre-In is real annoying tho. ...come on guys, WTF, why?
Hello Drazers,

Thanks for buying.

We are aware of this behavior, which is similar to Green. Unfortunately, changing it would be trickier than expected.

However, adjusting the Input does not cause any encrease/decrease of volume, it only changes the amount of harmonic distortion --> there should be no real need to adjust the Output and continuosly switching PreIn on and off.

Cheers
Old 7th May 2018
Gear Head

Quote:

Thanks

Quote:
It is important to point out also that in the hardware domain disabling/adjusting harmonic distortion or even adjusting the overall output level are not normally available on EQs, for a price that is often 2 orders of magnitude higher than Bronze.

I would consider pretty negligible this side effect taking into account the outstanding sound performance of Bronze which is second to none.
Old 9th May 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post
Hello Drazers,

Thanks for buying.

We are aware of this behavior, which is similar to Green. Unfortunately, changing it would be trickier than expected.

However, adjusting the Input does not cause any encrease/decrease of volume, it only changes the amount of harmonic distortion --> there should be no real need to adjust the Output and continuosly switching PreIn on and off.

Cheers
Alright guys, thank you for the replies, sad to hear you can’t fix it.

I check things with and without Pre since the option is there and I gain-stage, so I use the output gain on plugins if there’s one. Well, it is what it is, I guess I have to live with it. Would be great if it would work properly though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadroDavide View Post
It is important to point out also that in the hardware domain disabling/adjusting harmonic distortion or even adjusting the overall output level are not normally available on EQs, for a price that is often 2 orders of magnitude higher than Bronze.

I would consider pretty negligible this side effect taking into account the outstanding sound performance of Bronze which is second to none.
Excuses, excuses Please don’t try to justify a bug behavior as a negligible “side effect” that should be overlooked because the sound is great, price is cheaper than some other plugins and therefore it is o.k for output level feature not working properly because the original hardware unit doesn’t have it. With all due respect, this is just ridiculous and unnecessary position to take. Just say it’s complicated for you to fix it (if that’s the case) like @DiBiQuadro Audio did, but don’t bring up excuses to justify the shortcomings. I know plugin sounds great, I complemented you on it, I bought it for the price you asked for and I don't want my money back.

The “Green does it too” argument is not that great either. Pointing out a bug on one other plugin doesn’t’ make it o.k. There are thousands of plugins out there with properly working output gain.

Reg. input and output gain on plugins in general, I’m of an opinion that all plugins should have at least clean volume output gain, so we can compensate for the volume change and don’t have to waste/clutter our DAW space with gain plugins when we gain-stage. Since not all plugins have one, clean input gain knob on the plugin is always welcome. Yes, even if the original hardware unit doesn’t have an output gain, software version should. These are plugins, they live in DAWs and since digital is not analog, they should be programmed with that in mind.

And also, input gains that drive, saturate or affect the sound in any other way than clean volume, should be called accordingly too, so people don’t have to guess what input gain actually does. In case of Bronze, input gain knob is actually just a drive control for Pre and when Pre is turned off, input doesn’t do anything. I think you should have them closer together and maybe disable the input knob when Pre is off, maybe calling it drive would be better, that would make it clear that it’s related and what it does. Just my 2 cents. (I’m attaching a pic to show what I mean, I hope it makes sense)

Wishing you all the best guys, I’m looking forward to your next release.

Be Great!

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-bronze.jpg  
Old 9th May 2018
Lives for gear

I'm not sure what the problem you are speaking of.

The TRIM function seems to do what it is designed for ... Drive the PreAmp ... maintain level.

The OUTPUT gain is used to bring Unity Gain after any Band Gain changes.

Maybe I'm missing something ?

Originally I was here to post about FINALLY using BRONZE in a Mastering session ... WithOUT having to think as a beta-tester.

BRONZE sounds fantastic ... my only complaint ... the available Gain is TOO MUCH for a Mastering EQ. I'm using 'Micro-click' gain changes.
When looking at the GUI, it looks almost in a neutral state [till its' ByPassed .... and it is NOT].

For Mastering, I would love to see a +/-3dB [maybe a +/-6dB] version of max gain. Or as I suggested in the beta-thread ... a GUI native Gain-Range Switcher.

Now THAT would be very useful.
Old 9th May 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post

The TRIM function seems to do what it is designed for ... Drive the PreAmp ... maintain level.

Originally I was here to post about FINALLY using BRONZE in a Mastering session ... WithOUT having to think as a beta-tester.

BRONZE sounds fantastic ... my only complaint ... the available Gain is TOO MUCH for a Mastering EQ. I'm using 'Micro-click' gain changes.
When looking at the GUI, it looks almost in a neutral state [till its' ByPassed .... and it is NOT].

For Mastering, I would love to see a +/-3dB [maybe a +/-6dB] version of max gain. Or as I suggested in the beta-thread ... a GUI native Gain-Range Switcher.

In short, engaging/disengaging Pre resets the output gain, guys said they are aware of it, but it's complicated to fix it. Input gain doesn’t do anything when Pre is off and picture was just an example of how it could be implemented in the first place, that’s all. Everything is alright, Bronze sounds fantastic, I moved on the minute I sent out the message, so all is fine.

Good point reg. +/-3dB [maybe a +/-6dB] version.
Old 9th May 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post

I completely agree. If I'm honest the gain is the only reason I haven't purchased Bronze. It requires slight half db moves or even .25 but there is no way of telling if I'm at neutral until I bypass. +/-3db would be perfect and I'd purchase.

Last edited by Asher Bay; 9th May 2018 at 12:27 PM..
Old 9th May 2018
Gear Addict
Ill chime in to the choir!
I love the sound as Well on it, But not being able to finetune it, i decided to skip it.
It is an agressive eq, so smaller steps would be beneficial for it, especially since labeled mastrings-eq.
An update and introprice i would bite! :D
Looking forward to new stuff from u!
Old 9th May 2018
Gear Head

Last version of Bronze has already a very high resolution: 0.2/0.3 dB with mouse wheel, even higher with SHIFT+mouse wheel (and higher than the hardware).

I suggest to try the latest one, since there was an update on the resolution some weeks ago.
Old 9th May 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Last version of Bronze has already a very high resolution: 0.2/0.3 dB with mouse wheel, even higher with SHIFT+mouse wheel (and higher than the hardware).

I suggest to try the latest one, since there was an update on the resolution some weeks ago.
Tried. This is the version I'm commenting on. Unfortunately it's more of a visual que issue rather than just the resolution. Those 0.2/.03 moves would 'look' more drastic with a +/- 3db gain restriction.
Old 9th May 2018
Gear Addict
Thinking to as a visual help, it would be a better thing to have a minor scale when mastering, like Asher is saying. +/- 3 or something so u can see that there is a change visually. As it is not, its not really obvious u moved 0,2 or what have u.
More a good workflow thing to see what changes were made..
There is some good competition out there, so a thing like this would put an edge on it, for us enjoying the masteringstage.
Old 10th May 2018
Gear Addict
I'm also getting nice results mastering using it along with PA's Millennia TCL-2 when it fits the material.
Good job.
Old 10th May 2018
Gear Nut

How long will the intro price last? I've decided to purchase but can't do so until next week.
Old 11th May 2018
Gear Head

We are working really hard on some updates:

- Avoid the reset of Output knob. Range will change from -192/+6dB to -/+24dB

- Hi-Res buttons on each band to switch from -/+18dB to -4/+6dB

- Improved pointers on Gain knobs

- a led will show the enabling/disabling of the In Trim (ex Input)

There will be also a general restyling of the GUI, hope it will be appreciated.

... this is A LOT of work.

The sound will not change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloansimpson View Post
How long will the intro price last? I've decided to purchase but can't do so until next week.
We are postponing the end of the intro price, for sure it will last at least until the release of these updates. Then, full price will be increased (more than 79e). Of course, actual buyers will get these updates at the price they already paid (see it as a way to reward trust).
Old 11th May 2018
Gear Addict
Darn it! Now i HAVE to buy it’
Sounds awesome!!!
Great job!!
Old 11th May 2018
Lives for gear

The 'Passion' runs deep
Old 12th May 2018
Lives for gear

@DiBiQuadro Audio bravo! These are great news and yes, the sound must not change! I can't wait for the update.
Old 12th May 2018
Gear Nut

@DiBiQuadro Audio @DiBiQuadroDavide

That's AWESOME news guys! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Old 13th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Unfortunately, I'm not an expert of your system.

Hope AA guys were able to solve your problem.
Bitwig Win 7 64bit also does not show N4 player. I have Pink2 and Aquarius running good here.
Old 13th May 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadroDavide View Post
It is a highly appreciated black mastering equalizer with led buttons (leds turn on when pressed). Not all the features available in the hardware have been sampled Eg. shelves and tube path have not been sampled. Btw shelving-like curves can be achieved with Bronze too with broadest Q settings at lowest/highest frequencies and low gain values.

I hope this is enough to recognise it.
Thank you)
Old 14th May 2018
Gear Addict

Bronze libraries

I have just bought and installed Bronze (with N4Player). The plugin does not show up I can not see Bronze libraries.

Could you help me, please?
Old 14th May 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastering7 View Post
I have just bought and installed Bronze (with N4Player). The plugin does not show up I can not see Bronze libraries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkstate View Post
Bitwig Win 7 64bit also does not show N4 player. I have Pink2 and Aquarius running good here.
Hi, you can open a ticket to AA or contact us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DiBiQuadroAudio/) for Bronze specific issues.
Old 14th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Put in a support ticket on the AA site if you need help.
Old 15th May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Put in a support ticket on the AA site if you need help.
Thank you for the answers!

I started a support ticket no answer yet. I think the problem is that N4 player does not show up, not installed correctly. I have no clue how to uninstall and re-install it.

Last edited by Mastering7; 15th May 2018 at 11:14 AM..
Old 15th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thank you for the answers!

A started a support ticket no answer yet. I think the problem is that N4 player does not show up, not installed correctly. I have no clue how to uninstall and re-install it.
Same here.
Old 15th May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkstate View Post
Same here.
I get this:
Attached Thumbnails
DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-n4p-issue.jpg  
Old 15th May 2018
Lives for gear

Make sure the install path is set in Aquarius for N4. I had the same issue
Old 15th May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McCabe View Post
Make sure the install path is set in Aquarius for N4. I had the same issue
Thank You all, good folks! Dibiquadro helped me to make it happen.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search