The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out! Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 3rd April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post
Unfortunately, we are not up to date about the latest things on Nebula Setups.

Hope some other users have news (maybe Zabukowski directly), we'll be able to try this thing in the next days.

We suggest to get the latest version of Bronze (some fixes have been done).
Buyers will be notified via mail soon too.

Thank you
I did purchase it just before few hours so I guess I have the latest version.
I already asked Zabukowski and I'm going to see if he responded as well.
Thank you!
Old 3rd April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikyearbouti View Post
But for people as DBQ or myself who want this to be their main activity (and hence have the chance to put more time into creating more libraries), I can only see the existence of such 'freebies' as damaging. It is a bit like with nature - you can take so much free resources out of it without causing damage to the entire ecosystem.
With all due respect, I paid for all my HO libraries as did many others for years. It was only after the EU changed their laws and hurt small businesses, forcing HO out of busisness as a developer, did he then offer his "All You Can Eat" to the entire Nebula community for free, out of respect for the Nebula ecosystem.

You are developing 10 years after HO and others worked hard to lay the foundation that is allowing you to make libraries today as a main activity. You see it as damaging only from the perspective of your wallet but the bottom line is HO's free library forces you and other 3rd party dev's to up your game to the end user. If you deliver superior products you will profit, if not you will disappear.... and that is how the real ecosystem works and thrives.

Last edited by Will The Weirdo; 3rd April 2018 at 06:35 PM..
Old 3rd April 2018
Gear Nut

If I try to download the Trial version, i get to the "Order Summary" page, but the "Download product" button sends me to the -obviously non existing- "app.box.com/s/XXXXX" link.
Old 3rd April 2018
Gear Addict
[QUOTE=Sheikyearbouti;13236386]With all my respect for Henry, and I am posting here on my own behalf (NOT AA's!), but what he did with providing such a huge number of libraries at a non-existent price was simply not right. only see the existence of such 'freebies' as damaging. It is a bit like with nature - you can take so much free resources out of it without causing damage to the entire ecosystem.

HO, "Simply not right"????
If it weren't for HO's simply not rightness, and other 3rd party devs. work, I doubt Nebula would be where it is right now.
This is business, if you can't stand the heat, get out the kitchen.
Old 3rd April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni. View Post
If I try to download the Trial version, i get to the "Order Summary" page, but the "Download product" button sends me to the -obviously non existing- "app.box.com/s/XXXXX" link.
Download and installation is via Aquarius only.
Old 3rd April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
With all due respect, I paid for all my HO libraries as did many others for years. It was only after the EU changed their laws and hurt small businesses, forcing HO out of busisness as a developer, did he then offer his "All You Can Eat" to the entire Nebula community for free, out of respect for the Nebula ecosystem.

You are developing 10 years after HO and others worked hard to lay the foundation that is allowing you to make libraries today as a main activity. You see it as damaging only from the perspective of your wallet but the bottom line is HO's free library forces you and other 3rd party dev's to up your game to the end user. If you deliver superior products you will profit, if not you will disappear.... and that is how the real ecosystem works and thrives.
OK, well, then I have misunderstood the situation. I thought that pack was there all the time and at essentially close to 0 price. If it is the way you say it I am wrong and I take my words back. And, if Henry reads this I apologise.

My point was that prices must be balanced and considering the new model. A decent price will allow the developer to put efforts, experiment, make things better - give you something of a quality.
Old 4th April 2018
Lives for gear

Yes ... Henry's Libraries where offered at very modest costs. I recall funds received went to Charity.

Henry took on the challenge of a special Reverb hardware, but due to Nebula limits [at the time] was not to His satisfaction.

Later, the decision to release the entire Library collection was made [optional donations for the Charity accepted].

Henry garnished a special place in hearts of Nebulites.

Only those who have tackled the assignment of creating a Nebula library can appreciate the effort and time required, let alone the ability
to locate 'prized' and varietied hardware, and create broad ranging custom Presets. This was a different approach from the other 3rd Party Devs
that looked to have interactive Presets. The 'snapshot' Preset has it place ... and Henry provided many flavors.

There is also the business aspect. Nothing is free for any business. The Nebula community has shown its' support, but requires continuous effort
to sustain a business [on all fronts].

As the N-4 platform evolves, I'm sure we all look forward to the 3rd Party Devs, old and new, to find a working model, and progress in symmetry.
Old 4th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
OK, well, then I have misunderstood the situation. I thought that pack was there all the time and at essentially close to 0 price. If it is the way you say it I am wrong and I take my words back. And, if Henry reads this I apologise.

My point was that prices must be balanced and considering the new model. A decent price will allow the developer to put efforts, experiment, make things better - give you something of a quality.
Henry built his extensive library over years and sold everything individually at competitive prices, only after many years did he package them all into his AYCE pack. The Nebula library free market price market over time and prices stabilized based on supply and demand, as will happen again with Nat4 libraries and posting in public about it will not change the fact.

Again, offer users quality libraries sampled from desired gear and you will thrive, if not be prepared to be disappointed.

Last edited by Will The Weirdo; 4th April 2018 at 02:48 AM..
Old 4th April 2018
Lives for gear
This release is really fantastic but it does make me nervous. Even with the update Im getting a lot of crashes in Pro Tools 11 AAX. I haven't experienced this in a couple years. Im getting crashes even when Pro Tools is idle and I've toggled elsewhere to search for files or the internet. Really makes me a bit too nervous to confidently make a purchase right now. I hope this gets sorted.
Old 4th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
This release is really fantastic but it does make me nervous. Even with the update Im getting a lot of crashes in Pro Tools 11 AAX. I haven't experienced this in a couple years. Im getting crashes even when Pro Tools is idle and I've toggled elsewhere to search for files or the internet. Really makes me a bit too nervous to confidently make a purchase right now. I hope this gets sorted.
As 3rd party dev, we have no control on the sequencer and on the real plugin (N4Player, or N4 - latest versions).

If you got already latest versions (Bronze/N4P or N4), I suggest to open a ticket to Acustica Audio.
Old 4th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Try to change the Engine number on the XML. Zabukowski told me that on the Nebula Must have thread. I have Pro Tools and was having lots and lots of crashes, after the change, it's pretty stable here.

The instructions: (only for Mac)

Open N4.XML with textedit and change ENGINEVERSION from 14212 to 14170.

See if it gets any better.
Old 4th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
But also, these guys here with their EQ have put efforts on having correct phase even with all EQ bands on. I can tell you from experience that this takes a lot of time and shows dedication that is not the case with all existing libraries.
You hit the target.

Activating a band means applying exclusively that band and not, for example, unwanted phase distorsion or other stuff related to converters (or even to simply pass through the hardware more than once). In these bands, converters are not part of the equation. To check this, you can take any band and measure the magnitude/phase below 50Hz (pictures in attachment) - or even the magnitide/phase at 18/20KHz (audible limit). Moreover, phase/harmonic distortions of the hardware have been summarized EXCLUSIVELY in the Pre section.

You can compare these details on the bands with other plugins/libraries (even in AA/Nebula domain).

Someone in this thread categorized the price as too high. For us it's low, so we don't care. Anyone can take his/her own decision.

We are sure this is the best software representation of this hardware on the market.

Hope I have been clear enough.
Attached Thumbnails
DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-hf-18-q4-1200hz-magnitude.png   DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-hf-18-q4-1200hz-phase.png  
Old 5th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
As 3rd party dev, we have no control on the sequencer and on the real plugin (N4Player, or N4 - latest versions).

If you got already latest versions (Bronze/N4P or N4), I suggest to open a ticket to Acustica Audio.
Yep I plan to contact AA Support Sameoh's suggestion doesn't help. I don't want to miss the intro sale. Thanks.
Old 5th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Try to change the Engine number on the XML. Zabukowski told me that on the Nebula Must have thread. I have Pro Tools and was having lots and lots of crashes, after the change, it's pretty stable here.

Thanks! I will try this and report back.
Old 6th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post

Hey Sameoh. It seemed to work until it didn't. No issues at first but then I couldn't open a session without it crashing so I changed the settings back. Seems to happen mostly when clicking "Bypass". Hopefully support can find a fix. Thanks.

Edit: I didn't expect to love this eq as much as I do! Im done purchasing mastering eq but going through my list and I haven't found a single eq that does what this does. Amber is close but is more clean than transparent and doesnt provide as much size, Green can notch sharper but the end result just doesn't retain the depth and natural tone and isnt as easy to use. This is the most transparent program Ive tried for cutting clutter especially in the low mids and gentle boosts. AS musical as Ruby and AlexB's A5M but more flexible. Im starting to reach for this first over eqs like Equilibrium and Pro-Q2 for surgical-like/tone shaping duties.

Last edited by Asher Bay; 6th April 2018 at 02:34 PM..
Old 8th April 2018
Gear Addict
Im trying to download the trial, but clicking the link in acusticas webpage send me to a black page. So as of now i cant download it at all!
Is the hp broken or the link or?
Really curious on trying this out.
Old 8th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregerlindberg View Post
Im trying to download the trial, but clicking the link in acusticas webpage send me to a black page. So as of now i cant download it at all!
Is the hp broken or the link or?
Really curious on trying this out.
Download is via Aquarius only.
Old 8th April 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Download is via Aquarius only.

I have lastest Aquarious, But i cant find it there!
Its an awesome app, But i think it might need a little more love and userfriendliness. :P
Old 8th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregerlindberg View Post
I have lastest Aquarious, But i cant find it there!
Its an awesome app, But i think it might need a little more love and userfriendliness. :P
You have to "buy" the trial at Acustica site first. Then it may take some time to turn up in Aquarius.

I also had issues with Aquarius not showing me stuff that turned out to be a login issue so make sure you're logged in with your email...not the old Acustica site username (password should be the same)
Old 8th April 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
You have to "buy" the trial at Acustica site first. Then it may take some time to turn up in Aquarius.

I also had issues with Aquarius not showing me stuff that turned out to be a login issue so make sure you're logged in with your email...not the old Acustica site username (password should be the same)

Got it, downloading it as we speak.
Im a bit slow sometimes!
I got the right login to. Thank you kindly!
Old 12th April 2018
Gear Head

Bronze Trial/Commercial update is available on Aquarius!

This update:
- solves frequency knobs snapping issue (precise selection with mouse scroll wheel kept)
- enchances precision on Gain knobs with 241 steps instead of 61 (precision 0.25dB circa with mouse scroll wheel on boosts, even higher with SHIFT + mouse scroll wheel)
Old 12th April 2018
Gear Addict

I love Bronze. Compared it to the UAD2 counterpart and really prefer Bronze.

The sad thing is that Avid never get the multi-thread problem in Pro Tools right, and it's hard to run just one instance of Bronze in the whole session. As seen in the screenshot, Bronze only "costs" 59% of one thread and 23% of the other, yet the whole CPU meter just goes up to 100%. Same with Azure. Got 2 threads at ease and 18 asleep and PT tells me I can't run it. Really hate this.

And I'm pretty sure now it's not an AA problem, cause the same problem occurs with other plug-ins like the iZotope Iris synth and UVI Falcon synth. Really hope Avid to focus on debugging than name changing.
Attached Thumbnails
DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-screen-shot-2018-04-12-11.07.20-pm.png  
Old 12th April 2018
Lives for gear

Hey guys from DibiQuadro ! Are you offering educationnal discounts on your products ?

Thanks !
Old 13th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryschien View Post
I love Bronze. Compared it to the UAD2 counterpart and really prefer Bronze.

The sad thing is that Avid never get the multi-thread problem in Pro Tools right, and it's hard to run just one instance of Bronze in the whole session. As seen in the screenshot, Bronze only "costs" 59% of one thread and 23% of the other, yet the whole CPU meter just goes up to 100%. Same with Azure. Got 2 threads at ease and 18 asleep and PT tells me I can't run it. Really hate this.

And I'm pretty sure now it's not an AA problem, cause the same problem occurs with other plug-ins like the iZotope Iris synth and UVI Falcon synth. Really hope Avid to focus on debugging than name changing.
Thanks for the appreciation, we put a lot of effort to check all the samples at all sample rates. We made many tests/comparisons with the hardware and the competitors too. And we are really proud of it, Bronze has been really built to last.

Hope Avid can solve those problems soon too.
Old 13th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avgatzeblouz View Post
Hey guys from DibiQuadro ! Are you offering educationnal discounts on your products ?

Thanks !
Hello Avgatzeblouz, actually we only apply a discount in the introductory price (15%).

Please take into account that DiBiQuadro is 2 engineers: we have no marketing offices, we rely on Acustica Audio for sales, and make agreements with them upon basic offerings.

We will introduce coupons and try to reward customers owning multiple DBQ products, for sure. But this will require time, and, above all, to have more products released.

Still about Bronze: introductory price will last until the end of April / beginning of May - probably May 2nd is a good candidate. Will keep you up to date.

Cheers
Old 17th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hello Avgatzeblouz, actually we only apply a discount in the introductory price (15%).

Please take into account that DiBiQuadro is 2 engineers: we have no marketing offices, we rely on Acustica Audio for sales, and make agreements with them upon basic offerings.

We will introduce coupons and try to reward customers owning multiple DBQ products, for sure. But this will require time, and, above all, to have more products released.

Still about Bronze: introductory price will last until the end of April / beginning of May - probably May 2nd is a good candidate. Will keep you up to date.

Cheers
Sure, I get it ! thanks for your answer, I'm eager to try it. I listened to the audio samples you posted in 88.2, and I could always hear the difference between Hw and plugin, but this is close !
Old 18th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avgatzeblouz View Post
Sure, I get it ! thanks for your answer, I'm eager to try it. I listened to the audio samples you posted in 88.2, and I could always hear the difference between Hw and plugin, but this is close !
Thanks for listening to the samples.

I did my best to match the settings manually, but in some cases you can see mismatches in the volume of 0.1dB. Sometimes, this is enough to perceive a difference.

...but then I also tried a sequence of blind tests to see if I was really able to distinguish them... and I realized I was not .

If you have a look at the shapes of the waves, you can notice they are the same. So no clear differences in the phases / harmonic distortions
Old 18th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for listening to the samples.

I did my best to match the settings manually, but in some cases you can see mismatches in the volume of 0.1dB. Sometimes, this is enough to perceive a difference.

...but then I also tried a sequence of blind tests to see if I was really able to distinguish them... and I realized I was not .

If you have a look at the shapes of the waves, you can notice they are the same. So no clear differences in the phases / harmonic distortions
I listened again today on other monitors, and I hear the hardware more relaxed, and the plugin more constricted in the Hi-mids. Maybe it is the converter. Still sounds great, this is not a showstopper by any mean. I did not try a blind test.
By the way thanks a lot for showing examples of hardware compared to the plugin. This is very honest of you, and I wish more people, including AA, would do so !
Old 27th April 2018
Here for the gear

DiBiQuadro Audio
Any clue for what gear sampled? Thank you!
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
DiBiQuadro Audio
Any clue for what gear sampled? Thank you!
It is a highly appreciated black mastering equalizer with led buttons (leds turn on when pressed). Not all the features available in the hardware have been sampled Eg. shelves and tube path have not been sampled. Btw shelving-like curves can be achieved with Bronze too with broadest Q settings at lowest/highest frequencies and low gain values.

I hope this is enough to recognise it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search