The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out! Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
I can perfectly follow what the Pre is supposed to do, and how it possible can work.

Tested again, now using PDoc. I have same THD -93 @-18dbfs.
But look at the comparison to Violet and Diamond Pre. Distribution of harmonics are scrambled. Perhaps because I'm using the BronzeTrial???
Something def. feels wrong.
I'll upload the graphs from the manual as soon as I will have time.

In the meanwhile, you can check a video (no sound) I made months ago where I test all these things (sorry for the link in clear, hope it's admitted):

A post by Dibiquadro Audio on 16 May 2017

You can see 10 "perfectly clean" harmonics.

We'll check the Trial. However the difference with other Acqua/libraries is the number of harmonics (10 here, less in the ones you are checking). Decreasing the number of harmonics in the Bronze preamp is possible (it seems you know how to do it), that's the reason why I decided to keep all 10 harmonics. However, all 10 must be visible and "clean".
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

I'd love to check/verify with the video posted ... however, I refuse FaceBook ... so cannot view.

Maybe a direct link in the AA beta forum would be possible.

thanks
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Kinda busy at the moment ... but a quick check ...

Diamond plot looks exactly like mine.
Your VIOLET [compressor] looks different. Mine shows several more harmonics.
As to Bronze. Looks the same as mine.
OK.
The Violet used is the Violet_Pre (skinned Nebula Acqua Lib)

If you're using the full commercial Bronze, that version seems to be affected as well.
Perhaps the new N4/Core12 isn't yet fully optimized.
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post
I'll upload the graphs from the manual as soon as I will have time.

In the meanwhile, you can check a video (no sound) I made months ago where I test all these things (sorry for the link in clear, hope it's admitted):

A post by Dibiquadro Audio on 16 May 2017

You can see 10 "perfectly clean" harmonics.

We'll check the Trial. However the difference with other Acqua/libraries is the number of harmonics (10 here, less in the ones you are checking). Decreasing the number of harmonics in the Bronze preamp is possible (it seems you know how to do it), that's the reason why I decided to keep all 10 harmonics. However, all 10 must be visible and "clean".
Link to manual would be a good idea. I have it already.

In respond to the FBvideo, yes. That's how I would expect the distribution, but my BronzeT doesn't, and I could hear it the first minute I put it on.
Please check the trial and I would strongly suggest also to check using latest N4 version.

Or perhaps send me a full copy and I'll volunteer to check for you
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
OK.
The Violet used is the Violet_Pre (skinned Nebula Acqua Lib)
ahh OK ... ya know, don't think I've ever used it separately, other than in beta-testing. Maybe I need to re-listen to it .
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

OK ... here is my PluginDoc screen of Bronze [N-4] THD, from the very latest versions [vst-2, Win7[64], 44.1k]
Attached Thumbnails
DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-bronze-thd.png  
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Nut

commercial version?
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

yes. Commercial Bronze, latest N-4.

Since I cannot view video ... I'm curious to hear comments.
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Nut

OK interesting. I assume that exact version went through beta as well.
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTW View Post
Can't find .ser file to send for authorization. Tried 2 DAW's in admin mode, no joy.
Can someone tell me where it should be? Thanks.

OK! no .ser = no sale. Byyyeee.
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
OK! no .ser = no sale. Byyyeee.
Hello FFTW,

are you using the latest version of Aquarius to download/authorize?
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
OK ... here is my PluginDoc screen of Bronze [N-4] THD, from the very latest versions [vst-2, Win7[64], 44.1k]
Hello,

I tried quickly both Bronze versions (Commercial/Trial) with both N4P and N4 (latest versions).

In all cases, there is no audible distortion. Also, freezing tracks does not add unwanted coloration (waves remain perfectly clean). However, by checking your graph, I'm not surprised, since that "noise" is below -100dB (no one can hear it).

This does not mean there is not an issue (most probably of configuration) with the latest versions of N4P and N4.

I did my tests on an "internal" version of Bronze Acqua plugin at 32bit (VstAnalyser). Programs have not changed since these tests, and you can see the results in the images attached.

As an alternative investigation (less probable), I also challenge PluginDoc. I'll get it, and perform a test with it, as soon as I can.
Attached Thumbnails
DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-preamp-harmonic-distortion.png   DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-preamp-magnitude.png   DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-preamp-phase.png  
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
In all cases, there is no audible distortion. Also, freezing tracks does not add unwanted coloration (waves remain perfectly clean). However, by checking your graph, I'm not surprised, since that "noise" is below -100dB (no one can hear it).
Our tests is at -18dbfs. It is for sure audible if mixing for other media than broadcast.
And yes, it's probably because your're on old setup. I will look forward to your further feedback on this matter.

Another thing, regarding the Pre-In.

I know you are aware that engaging the Pre-In also resets the in/out trim.
I also understand this is a feature by purpose (apparently not a bug), as an easy way to return to zero.

I really would be confident all acustica/nebula users already know how to option-click for resetting knobs. If any doubt simply put in the manual.

Anyway,
I strongly vote for not having this feature. It just isn't appropriate for working professionally with the plugin ie. if wanting to A/B the Pre in context.

Just a constructive suggestion
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Head

We've just downloaded PluginDoctor demo and tried on BronzeTrial.

First thing I notice is that the plugin is pushed too much by this tool. On the sequencer we are using this is not happening, at all.

How do go to -18dbfs? by decreasing the volume with the input trim? Don't you think this can reduce the resolution and raise some kind of noise? Manual suggests to keep the input knob to zero.

About the resetting of the input/output knobs, I think you are referring to the thread in the Acustica Forum. We already gave our point of view there.
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Nut

You can set -18dbfs in PDoc settings panel, also rate etc. and save the config.
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Hello FFTW,

are you using the latest version of Aquarius to download/authorize?
Yes, I have the download and have initiated plugin in 2 DAW's but no .ser file generated to authorize EQ. So I have plugin asking for authorization but no means to do so. Never had this situation before, so I was wondering which folder .ser file was generated in. Thanks.
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, I have the download and have initiated plugin in 2 DAW's but no .ser file generated to authorize EQ. So I have plugin asking for authorization but no means to do so. Never had this situation before, so I was wondering which folder .ser file was generated in. Thanks.
If on PC check inside the nebula4temprepository folder, then the Acquaplugins folder, that's where Bronze installed on my comp and the ser file is there.
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Head

Here is a test done with an old version of N4 (1.0.014 - 1.4.151 - VST x64).

Sine @1KHz, 0dB.

It works as expected.

I'm gonna check again last N4P and N4, and eventually get in touch with AA guys.

Thanks for these feedbacks
Attached Thumbnails
DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-plugindoctor-n4-old.jpg  
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Here is a test done with an old version of N4 (1.0.014 - 1.4.151 - VST x64).

Sine @1KHz, 0dB.

It works as expected.

I'm gonna check again last N4P and N4, and eventually get in touch with AA guys.

Thanks for these feedbacks
Look forward to what the latest N4 shows on your system. I've already posted my latest N4 PDoc shot.

Probably see ya in the beta-forum.
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
About the resetting of the input/output knobs, I think you are referring to the thread in the Acustica Forum. We already gave our point of view there.
I disagree with this feature. I read your Acustica thread, but I didn’t see much explanation why this would be a desired feature. Ctrl click any knob to return to zero has been the norm for Acustica plugins for a while. Why would anyone need a different way to reset? One of the most common thing I do with any Acustica plug-in is auditioning the Preamp on and off. So it can’t be done with this Library (and only this Library). I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking this... I really wish you would consider changing this.
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
If on PC check inside the nebula4temprepository folder, then the Acquaplugins folder, that's where Bronze installed on my comp and the ser file is there.

I found that the problem was in the files that I ported over from my online computer there was a BRONZET.AUT among the many files in the Bronze folder.
It was stopping the .ser being generated. Didn't see it before, don't know why it was there.
Oh well, you live and learn.
Thanks for the focus Will, I appreciate it.

Time to play.
Old 31st March 2018
Gear Head

Bronze vs hardware - audio samples @88.2KHz

We are working on removing the In/Out knobs reset and the issue on Pre-In THD (after some tests, seems more related to encryption than to latest versions of N4 and N4P).

Hopefully there will be updated versions of Bronze Commercial and Trial at the beginning of the next week.

In the meanwhile, you can find some audio samples here:

DiBiQuadro Bronze Samples

Samples are @88.2KHz. Feel free to down/upsample on your own if it does not correspond to your preferred SR.

Bronze and real hardware have been matched with analyzers - you can even try blind tests individually, if you want.

Happy Easter to everyone
Old 31st March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
We are working on removing the In/Out knobs reset and the issue on Pre-In THD (after some tests, seems more related to encryption than to latest versions of N4 and N4P).

Hopefully there will be updated versions of Bronze Commercial and Trial at the beginning of the next week.

In the meanwhile, you can find some audio samples here:

DiBiQuadro Bronze Samples

Samples are @88.2KHz. Feel free to down/upsample on your own if it does not correspond to your preferred SR.

Bronze and real hardware have been matched with analyzers - you can even try blind tests individually, if you want.

Happy Easter to everyone
Great. Looking forward for the fixes.
Old 2nd April 2018
Lives for gear

I found some free time today and I downloaded the trial.
I spent about 2 hours testing Bronze on some final mixes (acoustic stuff - some traditional, ethnic and jazz tunes)
Wow! Purchasing tomorrow without second thought.
Congratulations to DiBiQuadro Audio and welcome!
Old 2nd April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj View Post
I disagree with this feature. I read your Acustica thread, but I didn’t see much explanation why this would be a desired feature. Ctrl click any knob to return to zero has been the norm for Acustica plugins for a while. Why would anyone need a different way to reset? One of the most common thing I do with any Acustica plug-in is auditioning the Preamp on and off. So it can’t be done with this Library (and only this Library). I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking this... I really wish you would consider changing this.
We are working on a compensated input to tweak the harmonic distortion without affecting the overall output. Btw currently Green does reset the output when enabling/disabling Pre. For technical constraints, this is the behavior we can provide. This will allow to quickly compare different levels of harmonic distortion without changing the volume, and also enabling/disabling Pre.
Old 2nd April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadroDavide View Post
We are working on a compensated input to tweak the harmonic distortion without affecting the overall output. Btw currently Green does reset the output when enabling/disabling Pre. For technical constraints, this is the behavior we can provide. This will allow to quickly compare different levels of harmonic distortion without changing the volume, and also enabling/disabling Pre.
Great, looking forward to trying this out once it is ready!
Old 3rd April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post
Full price is 80 euro which is very close to $100 not 70.

Fair pricing is a personal/subjective issue and I make no comment about it.

However what is very objective is the comparison of pricing with
N3 libraries.

If the new N4 libraries will be designed for optimal interaction on all bands,
with proper internal gain staging, and high quality guis I see the value.
If however all N4 libraries (eg even single band instances with lo-fi guis)
are priced like this, then the comparison to previous N3 3rd
party libraries is very dire for the customer.
Best N3 libs from Tim Petherick retail for $40
without the hefty sales discounts. Henry Olonga vast compendium of
libraries is free/donationware, and everything in between.

I hope this makes clear what I was asking about.
EDIT: it turns out I must have misunderstood the situation with the pricing of the all you can eat library - please see my post on the next page.

With all my respect for Henry, and I am posting here on my own behalf (NOT AA's!), but what he did with providing such a huge number of libraries at a non-existent price was simply not right. I know that he is an amazing guy, and all he does, he does it with good intentions (from what I know, he is also involved in charity) - so I am not having a go or anything...

But as someone who is also putting my last bit of free time in creating new libraries for N4, I can only say that we also deserve to get something in return for our efforts and time.

But also keep in mind that comparing old vs new developers in not 100% fair, as having access to Aquarius & the new market-place and N4 Player comes at a cost that does not exist for old developers - they don't have to pay anything to AA. I personally find the deal proposed to new 3rd parties as very fair, but nonetheless it is worth to highlight the difference.

For Henry such prices may be OK, also because this is not his primary job. And I get it that for Nebula3/N4 users so much super cheap stuff done with Prism converters can also only be a blessing.

But for people as DBQ or myself who want this to be their main activity (and hence have the chance to put more time into creating more libraries), I can only see the existence of such 'freebies' as damaging. It is a bit like with nature - you can take so much free resources out of it without causing damage to the entire ecosystem.

But also, these guys here with their EQ have put efforts on having correct phase even with all EQ bands on. I can tell you from experience that this takes a lot of time and shows dedication that is not the case with all existing libraries.

So I feel in the end 3rd party product prices should really be a matter of balance.

Just my MHO...

Last edited by Sheikyearbouti; 3rd April 2018 at 11:53 PM..
Old 3rd April 2018
Lives for gear

Hello @DiBiQuadroDavide,
I just purchased Bronze which is an excellent EQ.
I'm trying to make a Nebula set up for Bronze but in the skins section I don't see the Bronze skin.
Is it possible to do?
Old 3rd April 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Just a quick test with BronzeT here, and todays update solves the THD issue, thanks!

About the gain knobs, the Input is no longer reset from engaging the Pre-In which is fine.
The plain output for final gain adjustment is ok for me.
Attached Thumbnails
DiBiQuadro Bronze the first 3rd party Acqua Library for Acustica N4P(free)/N4 is out!-dbq_bronzethd44span.jpg  
Old 3rd April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
Hello @DiBiQuadroDavide,
I just purchased Bronze which is an excellent EQ.
I'm trying to make a Nebula set up for Bronze but in the skins section I don't see the Bronze skin.
Is it possible to do?
Unfortunately, we are not up to date about the latest things on Nebula Setups.

Hope some other users have news (maybe Zabukowski directly), we'll be able to try this thing in the next days.

We suggest to get the latest version of Bronze (some fixes have been done).
Buyers will be notified via mail soon too.

Thank you
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search