The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Chris Lord-Alge New Online Course - pureMix
Old 23rd March 2018
Gear Nut

Chris Lord-Alge New Online Course - pureMix

pureMix is honored to host the latest Chris Lord-Alge mixing course on its platform.

In this 2-hour pureMix.net exclusive, watch CLA craft the mix for the Grammy award-winning song “It’s Not Over” from the fastest selling debut rock album of all time by Daughtry.

The best part is that you can download the verse and the chorus in order to practice and get it to sound like CLA.

Here is the official trailer for this video:

Watch the full video here on pureMix

Le pureMix team.
Old 26th March 2018
Gear Head

I would think that this would be the Cla course to get all the attention and hype and not the one from Slate. This actually shows Cla with his own gear doing what he does best and not being forced to use plugins that he never uses.
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLYYM View Post
I would think that this would be the Cla course to get all the attention and hype and not the one from Slate. This actually shows Cla with his own gear doing what he does best and not being forced to use plugins that he never uses.
I didn’t purchase the Slate course, but I think the opposite of what you’re saying is true. The mix that CLA did with plugins still sounded like a CLA mix (it did sound like a plugin version). Most people on these forums have access to plugins but not thousands of dollars of vintage rack gear (some might have the tack gear).
Old 26th March 2018
I watched everything with CLA except this. His OTB videos are way more fun.
He does more things otb than itb. But the sound is still the same
Old 26th March 2018
Gear Maniac

What really mesmerising is how much he gives value on gain staging for every EQ adjustment he has done he has to touch his faders and see what happens make adjustment and move on. Sweet really sweet. Another my favourite of puremix video.
Old 26th March 2018
No interest in watching him mix using stuff I will NEVAH use
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
No interest in watching him mix using stuff I will NEVAH use
On the flip side of that, one could look at it as a way to learn how to mix, as you translate his techniques into an ITB experience.
Old 27th March 2018
Gear Addict

Hi, is it possible to only purchase this video or subscribe for just one month? I have no interest in other materials.
Old 27th March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerothwell View Post
On the flip side of that, one could look at it as a way to learn how to mix, as you translate his techniques into an ITB experience.
naahhh... been mixing for 30 years. interested in how he does ITB, but not OTB at this stage of the game.
Old 27th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmanoel View Post
Hi, is it possible to only purchase this video or subscribe for just one month? I have no interest in other materials.
Yes you can purchase. But I don't think they are giving a one month subscription at the moment. However, you can contact them and see what they say. If they say no, you can purchase the video.

Last time they were running a sale for one year, I was saying to myself in a month to month payment I could have bought it without hesitation. Since it was like 13 bucks. Most of the time I spend my budget on plugins like for instant Soundtoys are running and I will grab that.
Old 27th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
naahhh... been mixing for 30 years. interested in how he does ITB, but not OTB at this stage of the game.
Sure, I understand where you are.

Event though I quoted you, I was really directing my comments to others.

Sorry if I bothered you.
Old 27th March 2018
Lives for gear

I found this sampler clip from this series... pretty cool:

Old 28th March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerothwell View Post
Sure, I understand where you are.

Event though I quoted you, I was really directing my comments to others.

Sorry if I bothered you.
No problem Bruce. All good man...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Last edited by puremix.net; 1 week ago at 08:14 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Hello guys! I would like to ask two things:

1. Video Lesson with Ted Jensen.

2. CLA mixing Green Day.

I would kill for it, hehehe!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search